Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

pinkeye

Wonder woman
SethBullock said:
One of you guys should get your ass over to Pink's house and help her with that.
Thanks Seth. I have called on a male person (friend ,relatively recent, who has offered help before.But not turned up. I suspect this will be the same) :roll


I might have to call on my newish neighbour, he of the pigs and such, I rarely see him and I do know he is in the transport industry ie.. still at work.. But I suspect that will change with the Easter school hols coming up. His wife is a mid-wife , apparently.

Guess they'll just have to get to know me better, at an appropriate distance of course. :roll :bgrin

Or perhaps I won't. I have a self-propelled hand mower.. I might just use that for a while.
+
But I am reading pretty solidly as usual.. I choose fiction... as I have said before..

All the Libraries are closed !! I am getting through the books I still have rather quickly. Fortunately I have my own library of books … hundreds of them.. some I have never read, some I have read ore than once. I am sure when the Library books run out I will still hae heaps of stuff to read.

No need to access e-books. Nope,.. no good for the eyes looking at a pixilated screen for too long.

I love books.
 

SethBullock

Moderator
Staff member
pinkeye said:
SethBullock said:
One of you guys should get your ass over to Pink's house and help her with that.
Thanks Seth. I have called on a male person (friend ,relatively recent, who has offered help before.But not turned up. I suspect this will be the same) :roll


I might have to call on my newish neighbour, he of the pigs and such, I rarely see him and I do know he is in the transport industry ie.. still at work.. But I suspect that will change with the Easter school hols coming up. His wife is a mid-wife , apparently.

Guess they'll just have to get to know me better, at an appropriate distance of course. :roll :bgrin

Or perhaps I won't. I have a self-propelled hand mower.. I might just use that for a while.
+
But I am reading pretty solidly as usual.. I choose fiction... as I have said before..

All the Libraries are closed !! I am getting through the books I still have rather quickly. Fortunately I have my own library of books … hundreds of them.. some I have never read, some I have read ore than once. I am sure when the Library books run out I will still hae heaps of stuff to read.

No need to access e-books. Nope,.. no good for the eyes looking at a pixilated screen for too long.

I love books.
Me too. One thing about reading books is that if Hollywood decides to make a movie based upon the book, the movie is never as good as the book. Of course, there are good movies, but the book is always better.

:read
 

pinkeye

Wonder woman
SethBullock said:
pinkeye said:
SethBullock said:
One of you guys should get your ass over to Pink's house and help her with that.
Thanks Seth. I have called on a male person (friend ,relatively recent, who has offered help before.But not turned up. I suspect this will be the same) :roll


I might have to call on my newish neighbour, he of the pigs and such, I rarely see him and I do know he is in the transport industry ie.. still at work.. But I suspect that will change with the Easter school hols coming up. His wife is a mid-wife , apparently.

Guess they'll just have to get to know me better, at an appropriate distance of course. :roll :bgrin

Or perhaps I won't. I have a self-propelled hand mower.. I might just use that for a while.
+
But I am reading pretty solidly as usual.. I choose fiction... as I have said before..

All the Libraries are closed !! I am getting through the books I still have rather quickly. Fortunately I have my own library of books … hundreds of them.. some I have never read, some I have read ore than once. I am sure when the Library books run out I will still hae heaps of stuff to read.

No need to access e-books. Nope,.. no good for the eyes looking at a pixilated screen for too long.

I love books.
Me too. One thing about reading books is that if Hollywood decides to make a movie based upon the book, the movie is never as good as the book. Of course, there are good movies, but the book is always better.

:read

Yes ALWAYS.

I can't imagine not reading.. but. so many people don't read. They are missing so much by their passive movie-streaming.

G of T ... for eg . I 'd read all of the earlier George RR Martin's Game of Throne novels. Long before the TV series.. never seen that.. I don't pay for stuff like that.

Got boring after a while... this was ages ago, when I still read fantasy.

Books are always better than.... the Movie of the Book of the Same Name.

It think that was a really nice piece of music from real music artists 1970's .. umm umm my memory is not finding the packet ,, it was a fantastic female singer .. Canadian I think..
Ashes are Burning

Dang it.! Can't drag it up, but it is there.. almost right on the tip of my tongue.

Oh Oh !!

i think they were called RENAISSANCE. !! :yahoo :yahoo

I knew I'd remember..
 

SethBullock

Moderator
Staff member
Yes, sometimes the music set to movies is really good.

Samuel Barber's beautiful Adagio of Strings was the theme music of the 1986 war movie Platoon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfxqZagHXbM[/youtube]

Another that comes to mind was the theme music for The Sopranos series.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3LikcBL68[/youtube]
 

pinkeye

Wonder woman
Nice Seth.
Never watched the Sopranos either, but recognise that song.. .

woke up this..with a blue moon in my eye....
 

johnsmith

Moderator
Staff member
SethBullock said:
Me too. One thing about reading books is that if Hollywood decides to make a movie based upon the book, the movie is never as good as the book. Of course, there are good movies, but the book is always better.
Amen to that

I still can't believe they cast cruise as Jack Reacher. Totally ruined the movies for me
 

SethBullock

Moderator
Staff member
Another great theme song ...

If you want to skip straight to the music, go to 2:15.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaNrAiUNHtQ[/youtube]
 

johnsmith

Moderator
Staff member
SethBullock said:
Another that comes to mind was the theme music for The Sopranos series.
that's one of my favourite theme music, that and the music from game of thrones, in particular the music at the start of each episode.
 

jovialmo

Administrator
Staff member
Those of us 65 and over really need to get a shingles vaccination. Depends if you had chickenpox but I think we likely all did.
 

SethBullock

Moderator
Staff member
johnsmith said:
SethBullock said:
Another that comes to mind was the theme music for The Sopranos series.
that's one of my favourite theme music, that and the music from game of thrones, in particular the music at the start of each episode.
Yes, that Game of Thrones theme music was very good.

While looking for that Sopranos theme music I found this. I love live music!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edGUEBL3Tg[/youtube]
 

greggerypeccary

Active member
SethBullock said:
johnsmith said:
SethBullock said:
Another that comes to mind was the theme music for The Sopranos series.
that's one of my favourite theme music, that and the music from game of thrones, in particular the music at the start of each episode.
Yes, that Game of Thrones theme music was very good.

While looking for that Sopranos theme music I found this. I love live music!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edGUEBL3Tg[/youtube]
I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen The Sopranos.

A friend has lent me the DVD box set, so once I finish Tin Star I'm gonna start watching it.
 

SethBullock

Moderator
Staff member
greggerypeccary said:
SethBullock said:
johnsmith said:
SethBullock said:
Another that comes to mind was the theme music for The Sopranos series.
that's one of my favourite theme music, that and the music from game of thrones, in particular the music at the start of each episode.
Yes, that Game of Thrones theme music was very good.

While looking for that Sopranos theme music I found this. I love live music!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edGUEBL3Tg[/youtube]
I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen The Sopranos.

A friend has lent me the DVD box set, so once I finish Tin Star I'm gonna start watching it.
Hope you like it. Great acting and direction. James Gandolfini is superb as Tony Soprano.
 

johnsmith

Moderator
Staff member
greggerypeccary said:
SethBullock said:
johnsmith said:
SethBullock said:
Another that comes to mind was the theme music for The Sopranos series.
that's one of my favourite theme music, that and the music from game of thrones, in particular the music at the start of each episode.
Yes, that Game of Thrones theme music was very good.

While looking for that Sopranos theme music I found this. I love live music!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edGUEBL3Tg[/youtube]
I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen The Sopranos.

A friend has lent me the DVD box set, so once I finish Tin Star I'm gonna start watching it.

i loved it. It remains one of my all time favorites. But then again, the godfather is one of my favorite movies of all time so maybe it's just me and that genre :thumb
 

pinkeye

Wonder woman
johnsmith said:
SethBullock said:
Me too. One thing about reading books is that if Hollywood decides to make a movie based upon the book, the movie is never as good as the book. Of course, there are good movies, but the book is always better.
Amen to that

I still can't believe they cast cruise as Jack Reacher. Totally ruined the movies for me
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl now That is worthy. :rofl :thumb what a frikkin' joke... !! :rofl

I rarely watch movies.. and only ever free on teev.. Usually find them boring.. waste of time. :zzzz
Occasionally I see a good one, but usually too busy reading.

Just finished a good read by C J Box.. in the 'Joe Pickett' series. No 19 actually called Wolf Pack.
About a game warden in Wyoming. Good stuff, read some earlier ones but only a couple. Worth a read if you enjoy fiction.

Seth probably rides the same range. :bgrin
 

pinkeye

Wonder woman
Oh oh

I actually came on this topic to talk about the Beast. My monster ride-on mower the wild Westwood.. :bgrin

Is all good. My mate (friend) came over this afternoon and had it sorted in no time... once we got it balanced. Excellent. Thanks to advice on here prev I got my new secateurs out of their pouch and he made short work of removing the hose. Lots of bits of hose. :bgrin

So, now am good to go. :thumb
 

SethBullock

Moderator
Staff member
pinkeye said:
Oh oh

I actually came on this topic to talk about the Beast. My monster ride-on mower the wild Westwood.. :bgrin

Is all good. My mate (friend) came over this afternoon and had it sorted in no time... once we got it balanced. Excellent. Thanks to advice on here prev I got my new secateurs out of their pouch and he made short work of removing the hose. Lots of bits of hose. :bgrin

So, now am good to go. :thumb
Good on him! One of the good guys! :bgrin
 

DonDeeHippy

Active member
pinkeye said:
Oh oh

I actually came on this topic to talk about the Beast. My monster ride-on mower the wild Westwood.. :bgrin

Is all good. My mate (friend) came over this afternoon and had it sorted in no time... once we got it balanced. Excellent. Thanks to advice on here prev I got my new secateurs out of their pouch and he made short work of removing the hose. Lots of bits of hose. :bgrin

So, now am good to go. :thumb
Awsome pinkie :bike
 
Top