Scomo screwing it up'

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
User avatar
hatty
Cheetah
Posts: 1425
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 12:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by hatty »

Chuck maybe the text speak U use might have something to do with it? (see what i did there?)

U have a gr8 day maaaaate

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
22 May 2020, 11:34
johnsmith wrote:
22 May 2020, 09:05
Chuck wrote:
21 May 2020, 17:33
Crap!

They have the right to increase current fees such as rego or introduce levies etc
don't be ridiculous ... you know what your rego would be if states had to provide all their own funding? It would cost more to rego the car than to buy it.
U asinine remarks is what I expected from u!

I never mentioned that the States should provide all the funding at all!
Simply the need to top up a short fall, by some other means, nothing more.

Ur mind is becoming befuddled because u choose to interpret what u want to believe in, in what someone said!

once again, for the mentally challenged. There are very few options open to states as far as revenue raising goes. They are dependent on the feds for funding. You making dumb comments like 'they should make up the shortfall' is akin to shoving your head up your arse and pretending there is no problem.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
Posts: 56239
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 16:07

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by HBS Guy »

Another big stuff up: JobKeeper is coming in at about half of what was expected. So include casual workers 6 months with their last boss! Apply it to Universities etc.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

Chuck wrote: Simply the need to top up a short fall, by some other means, nothing more.

Ur mind is becoming befuddled because u choose to interpret what u want to believe in, in what someone said!
johnsmith wrote:There are very few options open to states as far as revenue raising goes.
U just conceded that there are still some options for the State’s to cover the shortfall in revenue!

They also have in the past, initiated news levees or fees for service etc.

Enjoy my glib remarks, bright spark!

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5715
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 22:29
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by pinkeye »

that is ALL anyone has to say about the Treasurer..??
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
22 May 2020, 21:48
U just conceded that there are still some options for the State’s to cover the shortfall in revenue!
no one ever said they had no option you moron
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Health authorities will not see the results of a Liberal Party survey of voters' views on easing coronavirus restrictions, SA Premier Steven Marshall says.

The survey asked households to rank which restriction they would like to see eased next.

Listed options included community sport, professional sport, international and interstate travel, festivals and concerts, weddings, funerals, places of worship, hospitality, gyms and cinemas.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-23/ ... n=politics


It ridiculous that they'd even contemplate arguing for raising of restrictions based on a poll. These sorts of decisions should be based on medical advice only.

Next you'll be telling me i should ask my kids if they 'want' to take panadol or nurofen the next time their temp is at 40 ..(kids hate the stuff)
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:45
Chuck wrote:
22 May 2020, 21:48
U just conceded that there are still some options for the State’s to cover the shortfall in revenue!
no one ever said they had no option you moron
The problem isn’t the funding from the GST, it is what the State’s do with it that is the problem.
The WA govt behaved properly and managed to have a plane during the fire season.

Since both of us live in QLD what happens to approx. the $200 fire levy that I pay on my rates per year!

I believe that it disappears into consolidated revenue and dispersed into other area by our deceitful State gov.
Instead of acting in a responsible manner they are preoccupied in fleecing more monies from the Fed.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:21
The problem isn’t the funding from the GST, i
no one said it was. The problem is the feds cut funding to the fire services.
Everything else is an excuse by you to try to shift blame.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:50
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:21
The problem isn’t the funding from the GST, i
no one said it was. The problem is the feds cut funding to the fire services.
Everything else is an excuse by you to try to shift blame.
Crap!
Nothing to do with cutting funding to the fire services. Only WA is the truthful State, the rest are simply schemers!
There is a formula for how each State receive its GST allocation and the dispersion of funding is the State’s responsibilities.

Where did my extra contributions as a levy go - more than likely somewhere else then to the fire service - smart arse!

As an aside comment, what did u think about Steve Brack's comments about the Labor Party and the Unions?

I don’t kno if ur aware of his comments, but he said, that the Union movement is simply a self interest group who should be treated similar to lobbyists groups when dealing with the Labor party.

He said he hoped they will still be loyal to the Labor party but should be ignored when it’s time for Fed election.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
Nothing to do with cutting funding to the fire services.
It has everything to do with it. Morrison was sent a letter signed by 22 fire chiefs warning of the impending fire risks given the conditions as they were .. he not only ignored the warning, he then cut their funding .

He should be jailed for criminal negligence
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
As an aside comment, what did u think about Steve Brack's comments about the Labor Party and the Unions?
no idea what he said
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
I don’t kno if ur aware of his comments, but he said, that the Union movement is simply a self interest group who should be treated similar to lobbyists groups when dealing with the Labor party.

He said he hoped they will still be loyal to the Labor party but should be ignored when it’s time for Fed election.
did he also mention that the labor party was started by the union movement so as to be their political voice?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:07
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
Nothing to do with cutting funding to the fire services.
It has everything to do with it. Morrison was sent a letter signed by 22 fire chiefs warning of the impending fire risks given the conditions as they were .. he not only ignored the warning, he then cut their funding .

He should be jailed for criminal negligence
Firstly the scheming States were prepared to endanger their communities, especially after knowing the precarious situations provided by their fire chief's.
They simply acted irresponsibly, by trying to play the funding game!

As I said previously, the only State or Territory who acted responsibly was WA!

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:08
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
I don’t kno if ur aware of his comments, but he said, that the Union movement is simply a self interest group who should be treated similar to lobbyists groups when dealing with the Labor party.

He said he hoped they will still be loyal to the Labor party but should be ignored when it’s time for Fed election.
did he also mention that the labor party was started by the union movement so as to be their political voice?
Yes, u and others have reiterated that a number of time!

Similarly, I’ve mentioned a number of time that the membership is moving away from the Labor party and are acting more like a self interest group that Steve Brack has acknowledged,

As a group they’re more than likely to deal with any party these days!

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5715
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 22:29
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by pinkeye »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:07
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
Nothing to do with cutting funding to the fire services.
It has everything to do with it. Morrison was sent a letter signed by 22 fire chiefs warning of the impending fire risks given the conditions as they were .. he not only ignored the warning, he then cut their funding .

He should be jailed for criminal negligence
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:45
As an aside comment, what did u think about Steve Brack's comments about the Labor Party and the Unions?
no idea what he said
I agree. Funding for essentials services is ALWAYS DECREASED by Liberal Governments. ALWAYS.
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
Posts: 56239
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 16:07

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by HBS Guy »

Neoliberalism.

Neolibs want to privatise more and more government services. Standard way: defund, claim service inefficient, privatise “so services improve and prices drop” neither of which EVER happen.

The Libs and Nats are neoliberal parties as are the Greens who have not cared a fuck about the environment etc for decades.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

HBS Guy wrote:
24 May 2020, 08:39
Neoliberalism.

Neolibs want to privatise more and more government services. Standard way: defund, claim service inefficient, privatise “so services improve and prices drop” neither of which EVER happen.

The Libs and Nats are neoliberal parties as are the Greens who have not cared a fuck about the environment etc for decades.
:thumb. I have to wholeheartedly agree with ur comments :c

From my experience, a govt. enterprise acts as the best regulator for the private sector.
In the past, the quality of apprentices from govt departments were superior, then what we get these days.

These dept. trained them to be good quality feeder stock for the private sector’s

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 22:58
Yes, u and others have reiterated that a number of time!

Similarly, I’ve mentioned a number of time that the membership is moving away from the Labor party and are acting more like a self interest group that Steve Brack has acknowledged,

As a group they’re more than likely to deal with any party these days!
it doesn't matter what you or even bracks think ... the labor party was set up by the unions for the unions ... anyone who thinks the unions should butt out should start their own 'butt out party' and call it the democrats
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

HBS Guy wrote:
24 May 2020, 08:39
Neoliberalism.

Neolibs want to privatise more and more government services. Standard way: defund, claim service inefficient, privatise “so services improve and prices drop” neither of which EVER happen.

The Libs and Nats are neoliberal parties as are the Greens who have not cared a fuck about the environment etc for decades.

they want to privatise govt services, but they want govt to bail them out when the shit hits the fan
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by Chuck »

johnsmith wrote:
24 May 2020, 17:32
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 22:58
Yes, u and others have reiterated that a number of time!

Similarly, I’ve mentioned a number of time that the membership is moving away from the Labor party and are acting more like a self interest group that Steve Brack has acknowledged,

As a group they’re more than likely to deal with any party these days!
it doesn't matter what you or even bracks think ... the labor party was set up by the unions for the unions ... anyone who thinks the unions should butt out should start their own 'butt out party' and call it the democrats
As a former Labor Premier of Victoria, I believe the Fed Labor party may listen to his advice.

As the tune goes, "the times are a changing".

User avatar
hatty
Cheetah
Posts: 1425
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 12:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by hatty »

Chuck wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:44
johnsmith wrote:
24 May 2020, 17:32
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 22:58
Yes, u and others have reiterated that a number of time!

Similarly, I’ve mentioned a number of time that the membership is moving away from the Labor party and are acting more like a self interest group that Steve Brack has acknowledged,

As a group they’re more than likely to deal with any party these days!
it doesn't matter what you or even bracks think ... the labor party was set up by the unions for the unions ... anyone who thinks the unions should butt out should start their own 'butt out party' and call it the democrats
As a former Labor Premier of Victoria, I believe the Fed Labor party may listen to his advice.

As the tune goes, "the times are a changing".
just as long as your not one of the following:

poor, unemployed, young ,old, ill, homeless, orphaned, brown, beaten by a spouse.... or a refugee.......... did i miss any?

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10718
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:44
johnsmith wrote:
24 May 2020, 17:32
Chuck wrote:
23 May 2020, 22:58
Yes, u and others have reiterated that a number of time!

Similarly, I’ve mentioned a number of time that the membership is moving away from the Labor party and are acting more like a self interest group that Steve Brack has acknowledged,

As a group they’re more than likely to deal with any party these days!
it doesn't matter what you or even bracks think ... the labor party was set up by the unions for the unions ... anyone who thinks the unions should butt out should start their own 'butt out party' and call it the democrats
As a former Labor Premier of Victoria, I believe the Fed Labor party may listen to his advice.

As the tune goes, "the times are a changing".
again, what you believe is irrelevant. The unions will always be part of the labor party
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
hatty
Cheetah
Posts: 1425
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 12:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Scomo screwing it up'

Post by hatty »

hands up who is a member of a union.......... ooooohhhhh me!

my office will probably be raided any second :bike :bike

Post Reply