Canberra burns while Morrison blithers

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Canberra burns while Morrison blithers

Postby Squire » 29 Jan 2020, 08:46

Canberra is on fire now and Morrison just has political double-talk and no concrete solutions.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2020/jan/29/canberra-fires-near-australia-capital-live-updates-bushfires-map-act-nsw-scott-morrison-latest-news

Canberra fires live updates: capital of Australia faces renewed bushfire threat – latest news

Huge fires to the south smother city with smoke amid weather forecast for heatwave and searing temperatures as Scott Morrison prepares to address National Press Club today. Follow live news and latest updates...
Squire
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: Canberra burns while Morrison blithers

Postby karlrand » 29 Jan 2020, 12:08

Squire wrote:Canberra is on fire now and Morrison just has political double-talk and no concrete solutions.

It’s very difficult for reality to penentrate ‘minds’ such as his when they suffer the delusion God is on their side. None the less, let’s not underestimate the cunning of the machiavellian little sh*t.

Huge fires to the south smother city with smoke amid weather forecast for heatwave and searing temperatures as Scott Morrison prepares to address National Press Club today. Follow live news and latest updates...

Not to worry, I’m sure his Canberra residence and Kirabili House, as well as having a reality filters, have their own dedicated fire brigades close by just in case things get too real for even his dark little mind to ignore.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Chuck » 29 Jan 2020, 20:05

It appears that the the anti-Morrison campaigners are encouraging Trump like interference legislation!

'He also flags changes to the “legal interface” between the commonwealth and states and territories on responsibilities when it comes to preparing for and responding to natural disasters and emergencies on a national scale.'

The State's Premier's will fight tooth and nail to prevent giving the Commonwealth this power because the Premier's need a scapegoat for their failings in dealing with the current and future disasters.

Just to reiterate or refresh the dull brains, the Premier's consist of Labor and Liberal party members!
Last edited by Chuck on 29 Jan 2020, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby karlrand » 29 Jan 2020, 20:33

Chuck wrote:It appears that the the ant-Morrison campaigners are encouraging Trump like interference legislation!

Sorry, I can’t decode that.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Chuck » 29 Jan 2020, 20:55

karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:It appears that the the ant-Morrison campaigners are encouraging Trump like interference legislation!

Morrison wants power to declare national emergencies in disasters
Prime Minister Scott Morrison says Australians expect the federal government to take the lead in natural disasters and he wants the power to step in to help. SMH
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 29 Jan 2020, 22:18

Indeed. it has been burned badly by bushfires in the past, and it is happening again, NOW..
I wonder where Morrison is.. likely safely ensconced against heat, fire, and air pollution in the Seat of Government . He won't be at risk from fire.. etc.

The fact that the PM claims he has no power to direct the armed forces to help is astonishing to me. he says he needs to change LAW... in Australia, to do so. I myself, think he is an absolute loser, who'll clutch at any straw to save HIMSELF.

Not a holy man... just a fucking pawn / player. PM? FUCK ME... :tweed :WTF :huh How did THAT happen. No-one had even heard of him..!? Hmmm..

And yet we send aid overseas all the time, by the Australia Armed Forces.. which I totally support.. but it seems the PM believes he is ….????? :huh :WTF constrained by OUR LAWS, here IN Australia, to use OUR ARMED FORCES to assist. HE CLAIMS he needs to change the LAW. !!! EEEEKKK EEEEk

I mean, seriously...??

:bike He and his cronies, like that sports Rorts buddy, who gave HIS ( Morrison's ) team $100,000. oh or was it 2oo,oo0 ??

are so full of shit, I cannot respect anyone who ever voted for any of them. I mean, the message was there, and those devout read it, and voted accordingly.

Look what that gives us.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 08:28

pinkeye wrote:Indeed. it has been burned badly by bushfires in the past, and it is happening again, NOW..
I wonder where Morrison is.. likely safely ensconced against heat, fire, and air pollution in the Seat of Government . He won't be at risk from fire.. etc.

The fact that the PM claims he has no power to direct the armed forces to help is astonishing to me. he says he needs to change LAW... in Australia, to do so. I myself, think he is an absolute loser, who'll clutch at any straw to save HIMSELF.
Not a holy man... just a fucking pawn / player. PM? FUCK ME... :tweed :WTF :huh How did THAT happen. No-one had even heard of him..!? Hmmm..
And yet we send aid overseas all the time, by the Australia Armed Forces.. which I totally support.. but it seems the PM believes he is ….????? :huh :WTF constrained by OUR LAWS, here IN Australia, to use OUR ARMED FORCES to assist. HE CLAIMS he needs to change the LAW. !!! EEEEKKK EEEEk
I mean, seriously...??
:bike He and his cronies, like that sports Rorts buddy, who gave HIS ( Morrison's ) team $100,000. oh or was it 2oo,oo0 ??
are so full of shit, I cannot respect anyone who ever voted for any of them. I mean, the message was there, and those devout read it, and voted accordingly.

I don’t loathe Morrison as much as I do Dutton . I find Morrison pathetic and dangerous though. I wonder if we can accuse those who voted for him as being fools? The Labour Party put out such a confused message riddled with eccentric far left & half baked ideas (I’m left of centre yet found labours pitch very strange so voted Green.) Sadly the Greens are a little too weird with some of their economic theory (or lack of any?) and subject to odd influences from new age wankers. I’ve attended five of their local party meetings only to discover a high percentage of members were on the right track in knowing what’s wrong with the world but pushing pseudo-mystical new age nonsense as the ‘cure' .
I really miss Bob Brown. He tended to ground the more irrational Green members. Then we have the attempt in Sydney of the trotskyite lunatics trying to take control of the party.
How I’d like to see Penny Wong as leader of labour. However, she doesn’t want to be Prime Minister and the sexist, racist, homophobic males in the union movement wouldn’t put up with a female, asian dyke in the role.
In short I don’t know what the answer is. We can’t expect Turnbull to return and change the Liberals direction either. It’s a real mess.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby greggerypeccary » 30 Jan 2020, 13:03

Chuck wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says Australians expect the federal government to take the lead in natural disasters and he wants the power to step in to help. SMH

All the way from Hawaii?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 13:25

greggerypeccary wrote:
Chuck wrote:
karlrand wrote:

All the way from Hawaii?

Worried he’ll forget to re-charge his mobile? He can speak to God and God will speak to Emergency Services and The Army. Problem solved.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 31 Jan 2020, 01:59

karlrand wrote:
Squire wrote:Canberra is on fire now and Morrison just has political double-talk and no concrete solutions.

It’s very difficult for reality to penentrate ‘minds’ such as his when they suffer the delusion God is on their side. None the less, let’s not underestimate the cunning of the machiavellian little sh*t.

Not to worry, I’m sure his Canberra residence and Kirabili House, as well as having a reality filters, have their own dedicated fire brigades close by just in case things get too real for even his dark little mind to ignore.

Agree. Scumbag psycho freak.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 31 Jan 2020, 02:13

karlrand wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Indeed. it has been burned badly by bushfires in the past, and it is happening again, NOW..

I mean, seriously...??

I don’t loathe Morrison as much as I do Dutton . I find Morrison pathetic and dangerous though. I wonder if we can accuse those who voted for him as being fools? The Labour Party put out such a confused message riddled with eccentric far left & half baked ideas (I’m left of centre yet found labours pitch very strange so voted Green.) Sadly the Greens are a little too weird with some of their economic theory (or lack of any?) and subject to odd influences from new age wankers. I’ve attended five of their local party meetings only to discover a high percentage of members were on the right track in knowing what’s wrong with the world but pushing pseudo-mystical new age nonsense as the ‘cure' .
I really miss Bob Brown. He tended to ground the more irrational Green members. Then we have the attempt in Sydney of the trotskyite lunatics trying to take control of the party.
How I’d like to see Penny Wong as leader of labour. However, she doesn’t want to be Prime Minister and the sexist, racist, homophobic males in the union movement wouldn’t put up with a female, asian dyke in the role.
In short I don’t know what the answer is. We can’t expect Turnbull to return and change the Liberals direction either. It’s a real mess.

OMG :WTF

I actually agree with most of that. :b

Penny Wong could lead LABOR.... so well, and I've thought that for some years now.
And please note.. no offense intended... it is the Australian LABOR Party.... not Labour.

Dutton is a swine .. of a person.... EEEK. OINK.
Morrison is a follower...
John Howard is his master.

They have ALL GOT TO GO.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby karlrand » 31 Jan 2020, 07:28

pinkeye wrote:Penny Wong could lead LABOR.... so well, and I've thought that for some years now.
And please note.. no offense intended... it is the Australian LABOR Party.... not Labour.

No offence taken. Spellcheck on my Laptop for some reason fights me and I’m at the stage I just get sick of correcting it.
Spellcheck on my mobile is a total nightmare I have to watch very closely. It appears to want to insult whoever I’m texting.
The worst thing about it is I’ve had instances where spelling has been altered AFTER I’ve hit ’send’ . Go figure.
I’m about to replace the nasty little Korean device with a new iPone.
I’m alergic to the 21st Century.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 31 Jan 2020, 08:01

pinkeye wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Psycho? No, he’s not that interesting. Besides attributing any form of mental illness to the creep could generate sympathy with the ignorant.
The man is a cold, calculating and ruthless little creep suffering only one significant delusion, that God is on his side. There are millions suffering the same condition even though few have stopped to wonder if their particular God is the right (real?) one.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 31 Jan 2020, 08:02

karlrand wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Psycho? No, he’s not that interesting. Besides attributing any form of mental illness to the creep could generate sympathy with the ignorant.
The man is a cold, calculating and ruthless little creep suffering only one significant delusion, that God is on his side. There are millions suffering the same condition even though few have stopped to wonder if their particular God is the right (real?) one.
2nd Thessalonians Ch 2:V 11 comes to mind again.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Chuck » 31 Jan 2020, 09:06

I find it ironic that many of the posters are so well educated, yet simply keep rambling on when it comes to this political issue.

Could someone do a bit of research to find out, about the separation of power between the State's and Fed Government?

Rekindle, that dormant Uni research mentality!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby karlrand » 31 Jan 2020, 09:31

Chuck wrote:I find it ironic that many of the posters are so well educated, yet simply keep rambling on when it comes to this political issue.

Could someone do a bit of research to find out, about the separation of power between the State's and Fed Government?

Rekindle, that dormant Uni research mentality!

Not all Uni research is worth the paper it’s printed on.
However, not everything you read on the web can be trusted either.
Consider also the way the game is being played in Canberra at the moment. Most of these rules are about to be thrown out the window if they can get away with it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separatio ... _Australia.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 01 Feb 2020, 06:41

Vaccine against Bushfire denialist bullshit.

http://theconversation.com/we-have-the- ... 7-44700717
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Feb 2020, 13:08

I have come across all that crap on Twitter, mostly yanks who would have no fucking idea! Including “arsonists dunnit” and I try to explain—think it does help with a few on Twitter.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby karlrand » 03 Feb 2020, 15:23

In my heated rage about Morrison I’d forgotten his peculiar ‘wealth theology’. Like many fundamentalists in the US his church preaches wealth is God’s reward for being saintly. They manage to explain away part of the passage that tells us it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven by translating ‘eye of a needle’ as the entrance to a walled city.
St Mathew Ch:19.V:24.
https://reneweconomy.com.au/morrisons-r ... ine-99530/
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 11 Feb 2020, 12:30

Yesterday I felt desparate enough to make an appointment to speak to the local Federal member of the Liberal Party.
This morning to my horror I encountered a closed mind with an IQ I guess of around 70 or so.
It was like have a ‘conversation’ with a badly programmed robot.
I took with me a print-out of the article below (Nine Tipping Points) which he refused to read even when I offered to leave it with him.

https://www.carbonbrief.org

Do we really have to wait for these idiots to roast before they wake up?
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Squire » 15 Feb 2020, 11:14

The only fires burning now are those in politician's pants.

It's all a distant memory and after some blather-fests nothing will be done except to fill the politician's pockets with more money.
Squire
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 15 Feb 2020, 13:50

Squire wrote:The only fires burning now are those in politician's pants.

It's all a distant memory and after some blather-fests nothing will be done except to fill the politician's pockets with more money.

Should that not read, the politicians vested interests pockets.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 19 Feb 2020, 01:49

well karlrand

I actually think that anyone who runs their life, and their family life, and in this case the Country, based on RELIGIOUS BELIEF is clearly a psycho. I have always considered such folk as deranged... and here we have a Prime Minister FFS, who attends and sings along at Hillsong events, and SUCH. Speaks in tongues, doesn't he!!. The lying tongue of the serpent. ssssssssssssssss :roll

I know that the Queen is just such a person, but... ..

given a choice between The Queen and Morrison...

there is no question of the answer.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market