Anyone Interested in the sharemarket?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Anyone Interested in the sharemarket?

Postby Chuck » 21 Sep 2019, 19:17

Since retiring in 2011 and as part of my programme to delay the onset of dementia, I have shown interest in the
share market...It’s more of a hobby then to make money.
I have dribbles in quite a few companies! Some as a result of my employment!

After retiring and to get out of the house for my wife’s sanity, I’ve attended some AGM's and felt that these are as corrupt or as manipulative as attending a Union meeting.

So are their any posters who are interested discussing things about the sharemarkets.

May aim is to get inputs from others, to stir up the AGM board and management team.

At the moment any comments about Suncorp would welcomed before me attending the AGM.

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Re: Anyone Interested in the sharemarket?

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2019, 19:48

Twice I played the market, in the 70s and again in the late 90s. May dabble a bit next year.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 21 Sep 2019, 20:56

I looking for valid grievance against the top knob establishment. My hope is that the Corporation Act gets changed to give the majority owners an effective say on a resolutions at the AGM.

At the moment it is usually the top 20 shareholders who decided the rewards for the management team.... usually u will find that they rewarded themselves in a similar fashion.

The common theme that I encounter is that 'it’s a waste off time to vote because the top end of town have the final say'.

This is the main reason that the interest of the major shareholders votes - poll voting- should be negated in the interest of the majority of owners

I’ll always vote as long as they send me a prepaid envelope.

I have a few points to attack the panel at the Suncorp AGM. What I like is for others to critique my opinions on certain resolutions before making a fool of myself at the AGM.

Chuck

This will need people to download the notice of the general annual meeting to see the resolutions, before making any comments.
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 21 Sep 2019, 21:51

No I consider the sharemarket the same as gambling.
I don't indulge inn either.
No basic difference.

( as for SUNCORP, I've had NOTHING to do with them for over 20 years)

See my favourite song/video Everybody wants to Rule the World on The song remains the same...topic.

Personally, I KNOW ONE THING... you NEED money, to make money. I am really good at picking winning horses .. at the Races, but, altho I am sometimes tempted to test that, I do not gamble, because I know it is a mugs game for poor people.

I still enjoy seeing my picks win or place. :bgrin
Dreams of unexpected wealth?? Nah.. can't buy into that shit.

It's all about luck.

Unless you are a serious PUNTER, of course. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2019, 22:02

Gambling is a mug’s game that I played for a while way back. Blackjack not horses.

Shares are OK, I tended to hold shares for a while, not this online trading they do. I made terrific income selling put options over Western Mining Co shares, easily $3-400 twice a year. Put options were exercised when WMC rose strongly—suited me, helped pay for my holiday in Europe!

Heh, I bought OneSteel shares, 99¢, few months later—still 99¢ each so bought more. Easy money—they were making the rails for the Alice Springs to Darwin rail line. Sold them for $1.66. Very nice little profit!

I was left holding Harris Scarfe shares when they went tits up. Should have sold them and bought more Woolworths ($4.5something and again at $5something, sold at $13something.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 21 Sep 2019, 22:43

as long as you're happy.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2019, 22:57

One lot paid for a nice trip to Europe, the other basically paid to set up the brewshop.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 22 Sep 2019, 00:11

like I said
you have to have money
to make money

you didn't buy those
profitable shares
with thin air.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Sep 2019, 00:33

Nope, from savings. The second lot I had accumulated $2,000 in $50 notes for Y2K. This employee, Elizabeth, sort of scoffed. If the banks had not prepared properly—no cheques, ATM withdrawals and how did she think she would paid? Was a nice sum to start and cash flow allowed a bit more over a couple years, then sold, took some nice profits—set up the brewshop: rent, stock, yellow & white pages other advertising etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 22 Sep 2019, 02:28

Chuck wrote:Since retiring in 2011 and as part of my programme to delay the onset of dementia, I have shown interest in the
share market...It’s more of a hobby then to make money.
I have dribbles in quite a few companies! Some as a result of my employment!

After retiring and to get out of the house for my wife’s sanity, I’ve attended some AGM's and felt that these are as corrupt or as manipulative as attending a Union meeting.

So are their any posters who are interested discussing things about the sharemarkets.

May aim is to get inputs from others, to stir up the AGM board and management team.

At the moment any comments about Suncorp would welcomed before me attending the AGM.

Chuck

You're not stirring up shite buddy: they all get paid to deal with half hearted investors like you! If you don't want to be involved then don't get involved!

Its all show and tell: you're in charge of exactly f all unless :tweed :tweed :tweed :tweed :tweed

:zzzz

Go join a mens shed if you need friends!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 22 Sep 2019, 08:41

HBS Guy wrote: Put options were exercised when WMC rose strongly—suited me, helped pay for my holiday in Europe!
My initial venture into shares was during the Poseidon craze and I lost a few bucks. This deterred me from looking at the sharemarket again

Until my retirement I held shares that I obtained indirectly and simply held on to them ever since. I’m still a novice and haven’t got pass buying and selling ordinary shares.

I been attending a few AGM's, simply to get out the house and have discovered how manipulative the board and management are of shareholders. Yet they have the cheek to accuse that Unions movement of manipulating members at a meetings.

As a simple example, showing the current voting results to the the attendees at the AGM and then requesting them to vote.

Maybe we should adopt this voting procedure for the Federal election, with each polling booth displaying current tally before casting ur vote.
This would eliminate the occasional tendency where voters rarely vote for the opposition, but simply to send a warning message to their preferred party and still hope that they remain in power.

There is section in Suncorp spiel where to me it sound like a threat to voters but it could simply be my poor comprehension.

I tempted to get up at the AGM to shit stir, if my interpretation is correct!

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Sep 2019, 09:19

They can only chuck you out :roll :bgrin :bike
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 22 Sep 2019, 18:05

HBS Guy wrote:They can only chuck you out :roll :bgrin :bike

Hi HBS, since u have more experience then me in the sharemarket. I would
appreciated ur views on the following abridged version of the Notice of 2019 AGM.

RESOLUTION 2
GRANT OF PERFORMANCE RIGHTS TO THE ACTING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

The Board is seeking the approval of shareholders for the grant of performance rights to the value of $1,000,000 under the Suncorp Group Equity Incentive Plan (Plan) to the Acting Chief Executive Officer (Acting CEO), Mr Steven Johnston. ......
However, the Board wishes to seek shareholder approval of this grant in recognition of the importance of shareholder engagement on key remuneration issues, such as the remuneration of the Acting CEO.

It should be further noted that, even if Mr Johnston had been appointed as a director of the Company, shareholder
approval would still not be required,
as any shares allocated to Mr Johnston under the Plan will not be issued by the Company but will be acquired on market.....

If shareholders do not approve the grant of these performance rights at the AGM, it is intended that an equivalent long-term incentive (LTI) award will be provided to Mr Johnston in cash, subject to the same performance and service conditions outlined below.

As an experienced shareholder, is my following interpretation of the above comments assessment correct?

To me, this infers to me as following, 'we want shareholders to agree to our recommendations, if not, we have an option to ignore ur vote and give the CEO his entitlement that we have recommended thru buying on the market'
Since u have ignored our recommendations, we will punish u and give the CEO cash instead to stress our determination'.

HBS, is my conclusion correct before I make a fool of myself at the AGM on the 26 Sept.
To me, this amounts to voting under duress

As u most probably have determined I tend to take contrarian view on must topic simply to shit stir.

On this issue I’m serious and loved to get top end of town flustered!

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 22 Sep 2019, 19:45

sounds like a load of shit to me ...either you agree to his bonus or he gets it anyway but we'll call it something else. What a rort ...and I thought politicians were bad
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 12 Oct 2019, 17:57

Climate change advocates aren’t only disrupting morning commuters but putting forward special resolutions to be discussed at AGM''s.

The biggest whinges has been normally the the renumeration resolution but fossil fuels has taken a lot of time over a number of years.

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 13 Oct 2019, 01:22

Well I can only say Good for Them.
Corporations are out of the control of their shareholders. It's a poor joke, this WHOLE SYSTEM.

The rich people rule. As it has always been. :mad

No care, and NO responsibility.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Oct 2019, 05:06

pinkeye wrote:Well I can only say Good for Them.
Corporations are out of the control of their shareholders. It's a poor joke, this WHOLE SYSTEM.

The rich people rule. As it has always been. :mad

No care, and NO responsibility.

Yes I'm starting to get my head around there is a very big difference between Capitalism and corporations.....Corporations can loose responsibility and accountably all for a buck and then buy governments to insure they can.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 15 Oct 2019, 18:07

Chuck wrote:Climate change advocates aren’t only disrupting morning commuters but putting forward special resolutions to be discussed at AGM''s.

The biggest whinges has been normally the the renumeration resolution but fossil fuels has taken a lot of time over a number of years.

Chuck

Wtf are you on about?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 15 Oct 2019, 20:57

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:Climate change advocates aren’t only disrupting morning commuters but putting forward special resolutions to be discussed at AGM''s.

The biggest whinges has been normally the the renumeration resolution but fossil fuels has taken a lot of time over a number of years.Chuck

Wtf are you on about?
WTF is ur problem?
Can’t u decipher that the Climate Changes are try to get the message thru to the corporate world.

Is that clear enough for u!

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 15 Oct 2019, 21:26

Talk English bro!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 15 Oct 2019, 21:43

Bongalong wrote:Talk English bro!

Isn’t Bro pidgin English?

No wonder u can’t understand normal conversation!

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 16 Oct 2019, 18:37

Lol :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Return to Politics