Is abortion murder?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Is abortion murder?

Postby johnsmith » 10 Oct 2019, 18:14

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
and you seem to not understand that under no circumstances will a priest tell a woman to walk away from her marriage.

Yes, I'm really going to take the word of someone who has never even darkened the door of a church. :rofl

once I was even an altar boy for a couple of years, ya schmuck
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 10 Oct 2019, 18:53

Chris...I deleted your post...yet another silly question. Yes he was once an altar boy for a couple of years. Just like I was once a pretty good swimmer (and more) for quite a few years.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby chris155au » 10 Oct 2019, 18:54

Aussie wrote:Chris...I deleted your post...yet another silly question. Yes he was once an altar boy for a couple of years. Just like I was once a pretty good swimmer (and more) for quite a few years.

Why the hell did it need to be deleted?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby Aussie » 10 Oct 2019, 19:02

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:Chris...I deleted your post...yet another silly question. Yes he was once an altar boy for a couple of years. Just like I was once a pretty good swimmer (and more) for quite a few years.

Why the hell did it need to be deleted?

Because somehow, I have to get it into your head that asking silly questions is NOT of any value, beyond at best, annoying and at worst, just plain stupid. Work with me here Chris.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby chris155au » 10 Oct 2019, 19:08

johnsmith wrote:once I was even an altar boy for a couple of years, ya schmuck

And during those couple of years as an altar boy, just exactly how much did you learn about the inner workings of the Catholic Church, specifically its stance on marriage, in order to have the understanding that the church says that women should remain in their marriage even if it means having the shit kicked out of them by their husbands. I look forward to your response.
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 10 Oct 2019, 23:12

chris155au wrote:And during those couple of years as an altar boy, just exactly how much did you learn about the inner workings of the Catholic Church, specifically its stance on marriage, in order to have the understanding that the church says that women should remain in their marriage even if it means having the shit kicked out of them by their husbands. I look forward to your response.

it's irrelevant what I know about the inner workings. It's the outer workings we're discussing. Since the church does not recognise divorce, a priest will never advise a parishioner to divorce.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 10 Oct 2019, 23:33

johnsmith wrote:
a priest will never advise a parishioner to divorce.

Is this something that you've actually been told? Or is it just something that you would say you have dranwn a logical conclusion from given the church's stance on divorce?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby hatty » 11 Oct 2019, 09:55

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
hatty
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 11 Oct 2019, 15:35

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
a priest will never advise a parishioner to divorce.

Is this something that you've actually been told? Or is it just something that you would say you have dranwn a logical conclusion from given the church's stance on divorce?

I'm not sure what you're struggling with. If divorce is not recognized, it' can not be an option. Find me one case where the woman was advised to divorce her husband? For each one you find, I'll find you a hundred where the priest tells the woman she can't leave.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2019, 15:56

The Catlick church wants lots and lots more little catlicks. So no divorce, abortion or contraception.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 11 Oct 2019, 18:06

johnsmith wrote:I'm not sure what you're struggling with. If divorce is not recognized, it' can not be an option. Find me one case where the woman was advised to divorce her husband? For each one you find, I'll find you a hundred where the priest tells the woman she can't leave.

You'll find me a hundred? Are you saying that you have actually heard of Catholic women in abusive marriage, routinely getting the absolute SHIT kicked out of them, who have gone to their priest who has told them that they need to stay in the marriage? Come on now John, be serious.
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby chris155au » 11 Oct 2019, 19:31

HBS Guy wrote:The Catlick church wants lots and lots more little catlicks. So no divorce, abortion or contraception.

"Catlicks?"
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2019, 20:35

D’uh, Catlicks = Catholics.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2019, 20:35

D’uh, Catlicks = Catholics.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 11 Oct 2019, 20:51

HBS Guy wrote:The Catlick church wants lots and lots more little catlicks. So no divorce, abortion or contraception.

Oh so I suppose that you're an expert on the Catholic Church too. That's good to know. :rofl
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2019, 21:22

Baptised, Confirmation, Holy Communion, Confession and grades 4-7 in a nun school.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Oct 2019, 05:26

HBS Guy wrote:D’uh, Catlicks = Catholics.

I call them Cattle Ticks :Hi
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2019, 07:14

Ahahahaha!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 12 Oct 2019, 16:37

HBS Guy wrote:Baptised, Confirmation, Holy Communion, Confession and grades 4-7 in a nun school.

Okay. So have you actually heard of Catholic women in abusive marriage, routinely getting the absolute SHIT kicked out of them, who have gone to their priest who has told them that they need to stay in the marriage? John Smith has been silent since I asked him! :rofl
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Oct 2019, 05:36

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-04/ ... se/8680158
forgive domestic violence
Pope Francis has denounced domestic abuse as "craven acts of cowardice". But will the Australian Catholic Church have the courage to answer his call and root out the "shameful ill-treatment" of women in its midst? And is its all-male hierarchy, still reeling from revelations of child sexual abuse, capable of leading the charge?

Over the past three decades spent working for the Catholic Church, Maria George has been exposed to dozens of women who have survived intimate partner violence. The work of a pastoral associate often involves caring for vulnerable or distressed parishioners.
But the story of one particular woman's abuse by her husband, a controlling man who raped his wife repeatedly over the decades of their marriage, has stayed with her.
"She endured something like 16 pregnancies, quite a few miscarriages, and the stillbirth of a baby," Ms George, a senior pastoral associate at Melbourne's St Kilda-Elwood parish, told ABC News.
She knew that being forced to have sex was wrong, and she often thought about leaving, Ms George said.
But, "her response to that [abuse] was, 'this is my duty as a wife, for better or worse', and 'I said in marriage vows that I will stick with this'." And she did.
Having conducted more than 200 interviews with domestic violence survivors, social workers, clergy, church staff and theologians, we found many women have been told to submit to — and forgive — abusive husbands and endure violent behaviour.
'We need to say the same thing about domestic abuse as we have about sexual abuse'
Survivors, social workers and advocates for church reform have told ABC News the Church's strict teachings on divorce and remarriage, an emphasis on forgiveness at all costs and, less directly, the lack of women in its all-male hierarchy, are leading women to remain in, and blame themselves for, violent relationships.
Abused Catholics are often reluctant to leave because, among other complex reasons, doing so means breaking their marriage vows.
Until recently, tending to the problem of domestic violence had been considered the domain not of the Catholic Church's hierarchy but its numerous charities and social welfare agencies which run frontline services for the broader community, including crisis accommodation, counselling, perpetrator behaviour change programs and court support.
In the past couple of years, however, a handful of Catholic churches in Australia have begun to take action.
These efforts have been motivated largely by the findings of Victoria's Royal Commission into Family Violence in 2016, and Queensland's Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence in 2015, both of which found the Church, along with other faith communities, was perpetuating domestic violence in its fold.
The royal commission's final report, tabled in March 2016, identified religious leaders — almost all of whom are men — as a particular "challenge". Many abused women who sought their help were told the abuse was their fault, or that they should stay in "intolerable" situations.
But several archdioceses contacted by ABC News said they did not have in place formal protocols for responding to domestic violence, nor did they run any family violence training programs for clergy and pastoral staff.

It's a very good and long look at the catholic church and worth reading, the pope only a few years ago said domestic violence is bad, well women are treated deplorable and it will take awhile for that sentiment to filter through... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 13 Oct 2019, 11:49

Thanks Don. I have tourists visiting for a few weeks so am to busy to bother with Chris' repeating himself endlessly. He can chalk it up as been clever if he wants. :thumb
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby hatty » 14 Oct 2019, 09:38

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Baptised, Confirmation, Holy Communion, Confession and grades 4-7 in a nun school.

Okay. So have you actually heard of Catholic women in abusive marriage, routinely getting the absolute SHIT kicked out of them, who have gone to their priest who has told them that they need to stay in the marriage? John Smith has been silent since I asked him! :rofl

My mother was such a person!!!!!!!

The cunt priest told her to stay at home and recommended a shrink who then sexually assaulted her......and others

........ so she goes to the priest and he fucking didn't want to know

ooooooohhhh sound familiar?

Fuck them and fuck you chris

Postscript...... the shrink is now in prison thanks to the courage of my mum and the other women

not the fucking priest ..........or god

And yet she remains a cattle lick :WTF
hatty
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Oct 2019, 16:15

Years of religious instruction/indoctrination.

The reason women exist is to create more Catholics to be indoctrinated.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 15 Oct 2019, 16:09

DonDeeHippy wrote:The royal commission's final report, tabled in March 2016, identified religious leaders — almost all of whom are men — as a particular "challenge". Many abused women who sought their help were told the abuse was their fault, or that they should stay in "intolerable" situations. But several archdioceses contacted by ABC News said they did not have in place formal protocols for responding to domestic violence, nor did they run any family violence training programs for clergy and pastoral staff.

The above just means that there were some USELESS CUNT priests who should never have become priests in the first place. It does NOT mean that it is the official position of the Catholic Church to tell women to remain in abusive marriages where they routinely have the shit kicked out of them! See here for the official position: http://www.catholicsforfamilypeace.org/ ... olence.pdf
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Oct 2019, 16:19

chris155au wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:The royal commission's final report, tabled in March 2016, identified religious leaders — almost all of whom are men — as a particular "challenge". Many abused women who sought their help were told the abuse was their fault, or that they should stay in "intolerable" situations. But several archdioceses contacted by ABC News said they did not have in place formal protocols for responding to domestic violence, nor did they run any family violence training programs for clergy and pastoral staff.

The above just means that there were some USELESS CUNT priests who should never have become priests in the first place. It does NOT mean that it is the official position of the Catholic Church to tell women to remain in abusive marriages where they routinely have the shit kicked out of them! See here for the official position: http://www.catholicsforfamilypeace.org/to uploads/9/7/5/4/9754767/what_the_catholic_church_teaches_about_domestic_violence.pdf

The official position of the church can be anything, it’s the priests on the ground that will influence the flock..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Politics