Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Bongalong » 15 Aug 2019, 12:42

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/hong-kong-protests-economist-says-tycoons-are-the-problem.html

What is the point being miserable your whole life just because you want to live in a big city?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Aug 2019, 17:48

I'm not sure they can leave Bongy, remember Hong Kong is a part of China now, not know for Human rights.
As a side note in the mid 90's I did a bunch of work and the Taoist Temple in Brissy and they where circulating their staff (at a slow rate of 18 months) to give their people from Hong Kong Australian passports so they could leave when china took over in 2000. I'm sure any that could of left would of done before 2000 as it really was curtains for capitalists then as it is now...
I'm surprised it's taken this long for the mainland to impose their communist practices.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby pinkeye » 15 Aug 2019, 22:14

This like an epic unfolding in front of us.

I don't know what will happen, but it won't be good for the protesters, or their families.

I fear for the people of Hong Kong. And, without some external connection, most of these people have NO WHERE ELSE to go.

The same old story. If they got onto boats and made it to Australia, would they be refugees.??
Last edited by pinkeye on 15 Aug 2019, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Aug 2019, 22:24

With this fucking mob in power anyone without a visa or passport would be deported back to HK or the gulag. . . They could hardly do otherwise without releasing the poor pricks in the gulag now!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52670
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby pinkeye » 15 Aug 2019, 23:15

says it all doesn't it. ! That is a statement Not a question.

NOW, getting back to that..... Refugees from Hong Kong, seeking asylum in Australia. This IS NOT a far-fetched idea. They may arrive by plane.. or luxury cruise, but they will still be unwelcome. !! Won't they.?

Well isn't THAT the question. ?
I think there are many questions to arise from the unrest in Hong Kong. Many actions and many questions....

:OMG :? :sad
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Bongalong » 16 Aug 2019, 13:08

pinkeye wrote:This like an epic unfolding in front of us.

I don't know what will happen, but it won't be good for the protesters, or their families.

I fear for the people of Hong Kong. And, without some external connection, most of these people have NO WHERE ELSE to go.

The same old story. If they got onto boats and made it to Australia, would they be refugees.??

What does that mean?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby pinkeye » 16 Aug 2019, 19:09

what it says.
Some English still there could probably go to the UK, and maybe NZ'ers might get home, for example …. but for the Chinese people living in Hong Kong. ?? Where do you think they could go if they left.?
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Bongalong » 17 Aug 2019, 15:55

pinkeye wrote:what it says.
Some English still there could probably go to the UK, and maybe NZ'ers might get home, for example …. but for the Chinese people living in Hong Kong. ?? Where do you think they could go if they left.?

...wtf are you on??????????
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 18 Aug 2019, 06:42

Bongalong wrote:
pinkeye wrote:what it says.
Some English still there could probably go to the UK, and maybe NZ'ers might get home, for example …. but for the Chinese people living in Hong Kong. ?? Where do you think they could go if they left.?

...wtf are you on??????????

Bongy do you realize Hong Kong is under Communist Chinese rule and the population just cant leave because they are dissatisfied with the government…..They will have to be smuggled out or try to visit a country on false pretences and apply for refugee statues once they are out of Hong Kong... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Chuck » 18 Aug 2019, 15:35

pinkeye wrote:I fear for the people of Hong Kong. And, without some external connection, most of these people have NO WHERE ELSE to go.


I'm sure they have heard of Taiwan and Singapore!

They have a closer cultural relations with these two countries compared too Australia.

Anyhow, the rich will be able to buy their way into Australia and get residence thru dodgy or lax government business criteria.

Investing in Australia doesn’t necessarily mean putting monies into a business venture, it simply mean buying a certain amount of government bonds to qualify.

China doesn’t need to invade us when the residency of our nation consists of approx 20% Chinese.

I question many of these people's loyalty to our nation when u consider many have experienced freedom of expression and life style and still support Mainland China.

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Bongalong » 18 Aug 2019, 15:46

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
pinkeye wrote:what it says.
Some English still there could probably go to the UK, and maybe NZ'ers might get home, for example …. but for the Chinese people living in Hong Kong. ?? Where do you think they could go if they left.?

...wtf are you on??????????

Bongy do you realize Hong Kong is under Communist Chinese rule and the population just cant leave because they are dissatisfied with the government…..They will have to be smuggled out or try to visit a country on false pretences and apply for refugee statues once they are out of Hong Kong... :purple

That is the question I'm asking... is it illegal to ask questions on a political forum lol :jump :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby pinkeye » 18 Aug 2019, 23:39

Chuck wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I fear for the people of Hong Kong. And, without some external connection, most of these people have NO WHERE ELSE to go.


I'm sure they have heard of Taiwan and Singapore!

They have a closer cultural relations with these two countries compared too Australia.

Anyhow, the rich will be able to buy their way into Australia and get residence thru dodgy or lax government business criteria.

Investing in Australia doesn’t necessarily mean putting monies into a business venture, it simply mean buying a certain amount of government bonds to qualify.

China doesn’t need to invade us when the residency of our nation consists of approx 20% Chinese.

I question many of these people's loyalty to our nation when u consider many have experienced freedom of expression and life style and still support Mainland China.

Chuck


It is support or die. I don't think that is in question, when you consider Chinese action against ethnic groups in what THEY CLAIM as CHINA.
Great way to treat your people. :roll :roll
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Chuck » 19 Aug 2019, 02:54

Chuck wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I fear for the people of Hong Kong. And, without some external connection, most of these people have NO WHERE ELSE to go.


I'm sure they have heard of Taiwan and Singapore!

They have a closer cultural relations with these two countries compared too Australia.

Anyhow, the rich will be able to buy their way into Australia and get residence thru dodgy or lax government business criteria.

Investing in Australia doesn’t necessarily mean putting monies into a business venture, it simply mean buying a certain amount of government bonds to qualify.

China doesn’t need to invade us when the residency of our nation consists of approx 20% Chinese.

I question many of these people's loyalty to our nation when u consider many have experienced freedom of expression and life style and still support Mainland China.

Chuck


Police in Melbourne issued a warning on Saturday after small scuffles erupted between supporters and opponents of the Hong Kong protest movement during a rally attended by several hundred people from the city's Chinese community on Friday evening.
"We respect the right of the community to express their views peacefully and lawfully but will not tolerate those who break the law or engage in antisocial or violent behavior," Victoria police spokeswoman said in an e-mailed statement.
The police said that they interviewed two men in relation to "unlawful assault" and released them pending summons, after pushing and shoving took place at the rally organised in support of the Hong Kong protesters. Australian media reported the rally attracted 600 people at its peak.
No injuries were reported. On Saturday, more than 100 people gathered in downtown Melbourne for another rally in support of protesters in Hong Kong. The Guardian reported that a handful of people began shouting at the group but police escorted them from the rally.
Similar small protests took place Friday and Saturday in other Australian cities.
Chinese now account for nearly 10 percent of the overseas-born population in Australia, according to government statistics.
China sends the most international students to Australia, accounting for 29 percent of the 622,000 total enrolled in May, according to data from the Department of Education.
Chuck
Jack Russell
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby pinkeye » 19 Aug 2019, 03:33

So, prerhaps you understand, at your core, what is happening. You've said it , in your post.

Any political rhetoric we hear, from ANYONE in govt in Aus is just worthless. just weords.. just words. Morrison... he is so far out of hi depth he has NO IDEA. CHINA is NOW, right here. We citizens just get spun BS. What..?? They have just agreed toshare some of Cobby Station... ?? This is a public relations effort, nothing else.

The Pacific Forum My self? I am a shamed embarrassed and ANGRY. THIS SHOpONY with the bluster and the BS .. oohhh dear it is so embarrassing that we have this FOOL as PM.!! BE ASHAMED ALL YOU MINDLESS VOTERS who got this utter waste of space and time as our PM.!!?? :OMG :OMG
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why don't they just leave if they don't like Hong Kong?

Postby Bongalong » 19 Aug 2019, 12:52

How many protesters today?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal


Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests