Louisa Aldrich-Blake

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Louisa Aldrich-Blake

Postby Bongalong » 15 Aug 2019, 12:15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisa_Aldrich-Blake

Science has always been political. Without a high degree of medical skill there wouldn't be a stock market to raise squillions for the more enterprising among us because there would not be the strong mediocrity on which it all depends....

I dunno: sometimes I just makes things up... :bgrin

Anyway, I say cheers to this Lady that I'd never heard of before: let us all thank Google for reminding us what, and who, it takes to make the world go 'round.

(Hey, Google: when do you celebrate God ? :Hi )
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Louisa Aldrich-Blake

Postby Bongalong » 15 Aug 2019, 12:24

Legacy
In the year of her death, Aldrich-Blake was named a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire on the New Year's Honours List in 1925.[1][8] The Dame Louisa Brandreth Aldrich-Blake Collection is located in the Royal Free Hospital's Archives Centre. A statue of her is in Tavistock Square, London.[4] The accomplished British surgeon's career was highlighted in a 2015 exhibit specifically related to her actions in the First World War. Aldrich-Blake's dedication to help others led her to performing surgeries on the front line and encouraging other women to join the field. Aldrich-Blake also influenced the War Office to allow women to enlist to be a part of the medical staff.[9] In 2019, she was acknowledged with a Google Doodle on what would be her 154th birthday.[10]

:yellow
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Aug 2019, 18:21

wow I never heard of her Bongy thanks for the insight...Florence Nightingale would of never been a thing without her by the sounds of it.... :purple

ohh and there are so many gods which one should Google choose ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 15 Aug 2019, 19:29

DonDeeHippy wrote:wow I never heard of her Bongy thanks for the insight...Florence Nightingale would of never been a thing without her by the sounds of it.... :purple

ohh and there are so many gods which one should Google choose ? :purple

Yeh, lol: they don't want to be choosing the wrong God when the whole world is their customer. But, they do advertise Christmas at times... do they advertise Ramadan and stuff like that too?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Return to Politics