Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin

Postby Bongalong » 10 Aug 2019, 13:22

Apparently, according to Planet America, those are the key states The Donald has to win.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin

Postby SethBullock » 10 Aug 2019, 15:02

Bongalong wrote:Apparently, according to Planet America, those are the key states The Donald has to win.

Planet America is right, but I would add Florida.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 10 Aug 2019, 15:03

SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Apparently, according to Planet America, those are the key states The Donald has to win.

Whoever wins these states, wins the election.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 10 Aug 2019, 15:32

Well.....if me and mine were living there...we'd be getting out. Ripe for political manipulation with a few angry massacres occurring which can then be taken advantage of by both sides.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Bongalong » 10 Aug 2019, 16:20

Aussie wrote:Well.....if me and mine were living there...we'd be getting out. Ripe for political manipulation with a few angry massacres occurring which can then be taken advantage of by both sides.

Who cares ya f'n globalist dogggggggg :jump
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 10 Aug 2019, 16:21

SethBullock wrote:

Kool, I wouldn't know so cheers big ears
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Aug 2019, 19:42

I am reading (in wiki, great first resource) of the decline and fall of the Western Roman Empire.

That is all.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 10 Aug 2019, 21:34

HBS Guy wrote:I am reading (in wiki, great first resource) of the decline and fall of the Western Roman Empire.

That is all.

Lame as f******,****
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 10 Aug 2019, 23:51

Aussie wrote:Well.....if me and mine were living there...we'd be getting out. Ripe for political manipulation with a few angry massacres occurring which can then be taken advantage of by both sides.

I agree totally. The US is going to crash and burn, all by themselves.

More and more like Sth Afrika every day.

Not that we'd know anything, of course.

The public are there to be used and abused.. it's a sad world and frankly if the US system allows trump another victory, I do wonder at the US state of civil obedience.
Of course, those that love Trump are not sufficiently cognisant with all the facts, because if they were anything other than pawns manipulated by the rich, they'd do something about it.
They'd stand up !! and say.. I reject all your hate speech, and your lies. I deny you.

It amazes me to hear people praise him. :WTF
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Aug 2019, 06:56

pinkeye wrote:

The public are there to be used and abused.. it's a sad world and frankly if the US system allows trump another victory, I do wonder at the US state of civil obedience.
Of course, those that love Trump are not sufficiently cognisant with all the facts, because if they were anything other than pawns manipulated by the rich, they'd do something about it.
They'd stand up !! and say.. I reject all your hate speech, and your lies. I deny you.

Nah South Africa had a minority ruling with a iron fist and then a angry majority took over with predictable results....
America is just catering to big business and government official's greed , that is bankrupting and damaging both their land and people (same as Australia mind you)... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 11 Aug 2019, 09:44

DonDeeHippy wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

Nah South Africa had a minority ruling with a iron fist and then a angry majority took over with predictable results....
America is just catering to big business and government official's greed , that is bankrupting and damaging both their land and people (same as Australia mind you)... :purple

Sth Africa has a growing problem of homeless poor whites, there are many rapes and murders of whites on farms and a close friend of mine has suffered that in the last couple of months. The white monitory, which makes up just 14% of the population has no control whatsoever any more. Crimes against whites are being passed over, because lots of those crimes, the local police are in cahoots with the crims. They can't sell their farms ore homes any more, other whites don't want them and blacks can;t afford them, so they sit there caged into farms and now they can't be armed and the government is starting to restrict licences to buy guns or ammunition for whites.

No different to the USA, where the white cops are in cahoots with whites and racially profile and abuse blacks and Hispanics.

You're right about USA pink, they have an irreversible cancer within and are stuffed. But every other country is also beginning to feel internal wars of attrition, every single country will go down and the rump is the catalyst for USA demise. What's really funny is, so many are supporting what is destroying them, guns, crap food, opioids and the rump.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DreamRyderX » 11 Aug 2019, 10:47

SethBullock wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Whoever wins these states, wins the election.

Isn't this just about what the pollsters said in 2015, but they predicted different States, & in the end the final 'must win' States turned out to be a different combination of States than the pollsters predicted earlier in 2015?

Whatever.....When all is said & done the only POLL that counts, is the poll taken on Tuesday, November 3, 2020........And because in the form of Government the American Founding Fathers gave America (because they hated the thought of a Democracy).......they gave America a Constitutional Republic, based in part on some Democratic Principals......A number of the State's Electoral College Representatives a candidate wins, all added together to exceed 270 votes, will win the Presidency............& as proven before, it does not always mean the winner of the Popular Vote wins the Presidency.

The Electoral College protects the minority of less populous smaller States from being over-run by the Popular Majority of a handful of Larger, more populous States.....Mob Rule.....aka a Mobocracy....aka a Democracy Image Image

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 11 Aug 2019, 13:18

Dax wrote:
No different to the USA, where the white cops are in cahoots with whites and racially profile and abuse blacks and Hispanics.

Oh for f*cks sake! :grn

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Aug 2019, 15:56

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:

:giggle :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Dax » 11 Aug 2019, 16:34

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:

Just repeating what the rest of the world says about the USA, but as you've never been anywhere, or have any real knowledge of the world, your reaction is understandable and laughable. If it wasn't for the warmongering power the USA has, they wouldn't have a friend on the planet. The USA is the laughing stock of the planet and the Rump has verified that categorically. Which is very sad considering what a lovely kind country is once was and excellent to visit.

Your president is a complete nutter, pathological liar and probably the most incompetent and unintelligent president you've ever had. It still amazes me how yanks will protect their insane deluded leaders, whilst in sensible countries, they take them as they come and that can mean, derision and called for them, to step down. In our country, like many others we have freedoms you could never conceive of.

Your "electoral college" is just another elitist control mechanism and only represents the vested interests of the elite. It's a laughable farce and only protects the party elite, nothing else. That's why yo can judge the outcome sof presidential elections, by the returns of certain states and not the entire country.

Our electoral system, does the same thing, it;s called preferential voting and preference swapping. Neither is allowed within our constitution, but like the USA it is the corrupt legal profession who devise and interpret the constitution and laws. So there are no fair elections, just corrupt manipulated ones. Which always results in revolving door party controlled system, the majority lawyers.

Lawyers would rate as some of the dumbest unintelligent clones on the planet, all they've ever done is go to school and then rip people off.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Aug 2019, 07:26

Dax wrote:Lawyers would rate as some of the dumbest unintelligent clones on the planet, all they've ever done is go to school and then rip people off.

That means you Aussie !!!!!!! :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 12 Aug 2019, 09:31

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:Lawyers would rate as some of the dumbest unintelligent clones on the planet, all they've ever done is go to school and then rip people off.

That means you Aussie !!!!!!! :purple

I'll drink to that!

:bike
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 12 Aug 2019, 10:50

Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:

Just repeating what the rest of the world says about the USA, but as you've never been anywhere, or have any real knowledge of the world, your reaction is understandable and laughable. If it wasn't for the warmongering power the USA has, they wouldn't have a friend on the planet. The USA is the laughing stock of the planet and the Rump has verified that categorically. Which is very sad considering what a lovely kind country is once was and excellent to visit.

If it wasn't for the U.S. the planet would be a lot different, very likely including Australia. Same with Europe.

Dax wrote:Your president is a complete nutter, pathological liar and probably the most incompetent and unintelligent president you've ever had. It still amazes me how yanks will protect their insane deluded leaders, whilst in sensible countries, they take them as they come and that can mean, derision and called for them, to step down. In our country, like many others we have freedoms you could never conceive of.

Like carrying a pocket knife. Oh wait ... Your government doesn't trust you with a pocket knife.

When you go out to dinner at a steak house, do you just pick up the steak with your fingers and tear off a piece with your teeth? Or do they just puree it for you first?

Dax wrote:Your "electoral college" is just another elitist control mechanism and only represents the vested interests of the elite. It's a laughable farce and only protects the party elite, nothing else. That's why yo can judge the outcome sof presidential elections, by the returns of certain states and not the entire country.

This part of your statement shows a lack of understanding of how the U.S. political system was designed to work.

Dax wrote:Our electoral system, does the same thing, it;s called preferential voting and preference swapping. Neither is allowed within our constitution, but like the USA it is the corrupt legal profession who devise and interpret the constitution and laws. So there are no fair elections, just corrupt manipulated ones. Which always results in revolving door party controlled system, the majority lawyers.

Lawyers would rate as some of the dumbest unintelligent clones on the planet, all they've ever done is go to school and then rip people off.

"I would be loath to speak ill of any person who I do not know deserves it, but I am afraid he is an attorney."

- Samuel Johnson (1709-84), English author

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2019, 11:33

i carry a snap cutter to work each day and if asked i could explain it....... no trouble

i'd have to be john wick to murder 20 people with that.

FFS!
hatty
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Aug 2019, 11:44

SethBullock wrote:When you go out to dinner at a steak house, do you just pick up the steak with your fingers and tear off a piece with your teeth? Or do they just puree it for you first?

I'm just imaging you taking out your pocket knife at a steakhouse to cut up a steak , don't do it where people are allowed to carry concealed you might just get shot :rofl :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2019, 11:45

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:

If it wasn't for the U.S. the planet would be a lot different, very likely including Australia. Same with Europe.

Dax wrote:Your president is a complete nutter, pathological liar and probably the most incompetent and unintelligent president you've ever had. It still amazes me how yanks will protect their insane deluded leaders, whilst in sensible countries, they take them as they come and that can mean, derision and called for them, to step down. In our country, like many others we have freedoms you could never conceive of.

Like carrying a pocket knife. Oh wait ... Your government doesn't trust you with a pocket knife.

When you go out to dinner at a steak house, do you just pick up the steak with your fingers and tear off a piece with your teeth? Or do they just puree it for you first?

Dax wrote:Your "electoral college" is just another elitist control mechanism and only represents the vested interests of the elite. It's a laughable farce and only protects the party elite, nothing else. That's why yo can judge the outcome sof presidential elections, by the returns of certain states and not the entire country.

This part of your statement shows a lack of understanding of how the U.S. political system was designed to work.

Dax wrote:Our electoral system, does the same thing, it;s called preferential voting and preference swapping. Neither is allowed within our constitution, but like the USA it is the corrupt legal profession who devise and interpret the constitution and laws. So there are no fair elections, just corrupt manipulated ones. Which always results in revolving door party controlled system, the majority lawyers.

"I would be loath to speak ill of any person who I do not know deserves it, but I am afraid he is an attorney."

yep thanks..... we have held our own

time for them to stop resting on their laurels..... all the while ignoring the damage they have done in...... fuck i don't have all day

the world does not need americas military and harmful weapons..... which their cunty president brags about selling to like minded cunts

as they are snuggling up to the worst leaders on earth.
hatty
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 12 Aug 2019, 12:01

hatty wrote:i carry a snap cutter to work each day and if asked i could explain it....... no trouble

FFS!

You shouldn't have to be asked. And if you are asked, you have to prove your innocence.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 12 Aug 2019, 12:07

SethBullock wrote:
hatty wrote:i carry a snap cutter to work each day and if asked i could explain it....... no trouble

FFS!

You shouldn't have to be asked. And if you are asked, you have to prove your innocence.

i don't mind being asked.

its only when i try to sneak booze into a soccer match and get asked......

then i miss the inevitable........watching my favourite team lose

it's only ever happened once and i learnt my lesson the first time

not the team losing..... that always happens

:beer :bike
hatty
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Aug 2019, 12:21

SethBullock wrote:

FFS!

Australian rules,
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/ ... awFaqs.htm
A person may carry a pen knife or swiss army knife for use for its normal utility purpose.

Folding, non-lock blade knives are legal to carry if the blade length does not exceed 7 cm (2.756 in).

so it looks like it is legal in Australia to carry a pocket knife....... :purple

USA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_leg ... deral_laws
State and local laws
Each state also has laws that govern the legality of carrying weapons, either concealed or openly, and these laws explicitly or implicitly cover various types of knives. Some states go beyond this, and criminalize mere possession of certain types of knives. Other states prohibit the possession and/or the concealed carrying of knives that feature blade styles or features sufficient to transform them into "dangerous weapons"[85][86] or "deadly weapons", i.e. knives either optimized for lethality against humans or designed for and readily capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.[85][87] These frequently include knives with specific blade styles with a historical connection to violence or assassination, including thrusting knives such as the dirk, poignard, and stiletto, the bowie knife, and double-edged knives with crossguards designed for knife fighting such as the dagger.[85][88] Some states make the carrying or possession of any dangerous or deadly weapon with intent to unlawfully harm another a crime.[85]
Summaries of every state knife law are available from handgun law websites.[89][90]

If you have knife and thinking of using it as a dangerous weapon for defence in either the USA or Australia you are breaking the law.....
you can however have a pocket knife :bgrin
so it looks like you cant just have any knife concealed in the USA either ohh dear what is this world coming too....
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 12 Aug 2019, 12:54

hatty wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:

yep thanks..... we have held our own

time for them to stop resting on their laurels..... all the while ignoring the damage they have done in...... fuck i don't have all day

the world does not need americas military and harmful weapons..... which their cunty president brags about selling to like minded cunts

as they are snuggling up to the worst leaders on earth.

You've always been a joke buddy :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Next

Return to Politics