Suicide in America equals 250 per 48 hours?!!?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Suicide in America equals 250 per 48 hours?!!?

Postby Bongalong » 05 Aug 2019, 13:49

"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Suicide in America equals 250 per 48 hours?!!?

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Aug 2019, 14:01

Using rough figures in my head, that seems to be about the same percentage as Australia.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Aug 2019, 14:07

greggerypeccary wrote:Using rough figures in my head, that seems to be about the same percentage as Australia.

Seriously? If so, that's f***************** ed! :rain
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Aug 2019, 14:09

So, what: you're saying there is next to ten suicides per day in Australia?

:? :scare :scare :scare
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Aug 2019, 14:14

Bongalong wrote:So, what: you're saying there is next to ten suicides per day in Australia?

Averaged out, it's more than 8 every day in Australia.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Aug 2019, 14:16

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:So, what: you're saying there is next to ten suicides per day in Australia?

THAT is f****************************** ed :OMG
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Aug 2019, 14:20

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

It's especially bad news if you're an Aboriginal man.

The overall suicide rate in 2015 was 12.6 per 100,000 in Australia. This is the highest rate in 10-plus years
The most recent Australian data (ABS, Causes of Death, 2015) reports deaths due to suicide in 2015 at 3,027
This equates to more than eight deaths by suicide in Australia each day
Deaths by suicide in Australia occur among males at a rate three times greater than that for females. However, during the past decade, there has been an increase in suicide deaths by females
The suicide rate amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is more than double the national rate. In 2015, suicide accounted for 5.2% of all Indigenous deaths compared to 1.8% for non-Indigenous people

https://www.lifeline.org.au/about-lifeline/lifeline-information/statistics-on-suicide-in-australia
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Aug 2019, 14:41

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

It's especially bad news if you're an Aboriginal man.

The overall suicide rate in 2015 was 12.6 per 100,000 in Australia. This is the highest rate in 10-plus years
The most recent Australian data (ABS, Causes of Death, 2015) reports deaths due to suicide in 2015 at 3,027
This equates to more than eight deaths by suicide in Australia each day
Deaths by suicide in Australia occur among males at a rate three times greater than that for females. However, during the past decade, there has been an increase in suicide deaths by females
The suicide rate amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is more than double the national rate. In 2015, suicide accounted for 5.2% of all Indigenous deaths compared to 1.8% for non-Indigenous people

https://www.lifeline.org.au/about-lifeline/lifeline-information/statistics-on-suicide-in-australia

Yeh, that's a tragedy!

:scare
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 05 Aug 2019, 14:43

Suicide rates have always been pretty high worldwide, however as the future for many seems completely empty, they feel they have no choice. It has always fascinated me after seeing a couple of people attempt it and hearing about many suicides in pubs over the years.

Have no idea why people do it, but can understand how people feel life is futile when they look at their circumstances and future prospects at the time. Have no idea what can be done about it, but as suicide rates worldwide are rising, things like climate change, lack of decent paying jobs, massive cost of housing and many other negative scenarios around, it's not wonder some with weak psychological strength, would decide being nothing, is better than being something. A warped attitude, but understandable and think a lot of these situation can be traced back to upbringing.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 05 Aug 2019, 14:57

Yeh, they're being weak but when it's your mate you have to forgive them.,... I personally can't talk about the topic too much!!! I remember my mate, who passed away by his own hand, used to say exactly that when other (very) close mates of us took their lives: yes, more than one or two!!!!

One guy told me he got a phone call the night before our mutual mate was going to take magic mushrooms in Bali with a whole heap of friends and he reckoned he almost said good bye to him then because we all knew he had been a bit loose lately.... he loved him more than me but I was shocked to the core and I didn't know this guy from year one- unlike some of the others!

Nasty subject!!!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 06 Aug 2019, 08:36

Bongalong wrote:Yeh, they're being weak but when it's your mate you have to forgive them.,... I personally can't talk about the topic too much!!! I remember my mate, who passed away by his own hand, used to say exactly that when other (very) close mates of us took their lives: yes, more than one or two!!!!

One guy told me he got a phone call the night before our mutual mate was going to take magic mushrooms in Bali with a whole heap of friends and he reckoned he almost said good bye to him then because we all knew he had been a bit loose lately.... he loved him more than me but I was shocked to the core and I didn't know this guy from year one- unlike some of the others!

Nasty subject!!!

I'm sorry for your suffering Bon.....

Do you believe in an afterlife?

I firmly do, & if it's any consolation to you, I believe your mate(s) are now experiencing eternal happiness with the Father, along side his mates, & all his relatives & loved ones. They await you, & when your time comes the Lord will take you, & you all will be reunited to spend eternity with the Lord, our Creator.....an eternity of total happiness & joy.

I wish you to suffer no longer Bon......

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 06 Aug 2019, 12:49

DreamRyderX wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Yeh, they're being weak but when it's your mate you have to forgive them.,... I personally can't talk about the topic too much!!! I remember my mate, who passed away by his own hand, used to say exactly that when other (very) close mates of us took their lives: yes, more than one or two!!!!

Nasty subject!!!

I firmly do, & if it's any consolation to you, I believe your mate(s) are now experiencing eternal happiness with the Father, along side his mates, & all his relatives & loved ones. They await you, & when your time comes the Lord will take you, & you all will be reunited to spend eternity with the Lord, our Creator.....an eternity of total happiness & joy.

Well that answers it all, another deranged gun totting god nutter. No god, no afterlife, just gun totting idiots who believe in such infantile fearful rubbish and the cause of all the planets problems, a non existent mythical god of war.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 06 Aug 2019, 12:51

Dax wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

Nasty subject!!!

Well that answers it all, another deranged gun totting god nutter. No god, no afterlife, just gun totting idiots who believe in such infantile fearful rubbish and the cause of all the planets problems, a non existent mythical god of war.

Meanwhile, another day another mass shooting in the US:

"Four Shot in Crown Heights, Brooklyn"

"An official report from the NYPD states two of the victims are in critical condition, while the other two are in stable condition."
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 06 Aug 2019, 13:27

Now everything is starting to make so much more sense.

I was wondering why all the hate & resentment in Australia (on Australian Forums) about guns.....

Australia, for the most part, is a Godless Country, so most Australians think that the life they have, & the life anyone else has, is the one & only thing.....Their one shot....if someone gets killed....their banished to the "Great Black & Dark Empty Nothing"......

These Australians therefore have absolutely no hope.....absolutely nothing to look forward to......no wonder they get so wound up, pissed-off......their future always ends the same......Instant Nothing!

Hell, I'd be sad too.

Except, this is why Americans, for the most part, myself included, see life as something different, it's just a beginning step to something......an eventual spiritual transition to another "life", a life of eternal bliss & joy where they join all their loved ones & friends in Heaven, with their All Loving Creator....their Father.....their Lord God.

Americans, for the most part, therefore have an abundance of hope, & everything to look forward to.

That's why we can initially be sad, & grieve/mourn for those souls The Good Lord has chosen to call home to Him, then when that process is understood, & accepted, the grieving comes to an end...........Americans can go on enjoying life's Freedoms & Liberties, for they know one day.....sooner rather than later....they will be reunited with their loved ones in the Kingdom of God, to spend an everlasting eternity in total & complete bliss with their Creator....The Lord God!

Well, you all will be pleasantly surprised when the "Great Black & Dark Empty Nothing" never comes to pass.....& if I precede you, I will welcome you all with open arms into the Kingdom of Heaven, as you are wrapped in everlasting love & happiness with all that passed before you!

And, even though I know otherwise, but if you godless people are correct, all us believers will never know it....you won't be there to mock & say "we told you so" We'd just be totally unawares of anything..... Image

But, while we are still here on earth, in this life, in this world, I will always firmly believe in the Right to Keep & Bear Arms to protect & defend myself, my loved ones, & my friends while we are here in this temporary life.......Image

......................Image

...................................ImageImageImage

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 06 Aug 2019, 13:46, edited 4 times in total.
Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Aug 2019, 13:33

It's a shame though that Bongy's friend according to the bible can only goto heaven if he believes in Jesus and is Born again... you see it's a spiritual country club.... :purple

So Ryder how many guns do you own in Australia ?
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 06 Aug 2019, 13:39

DreamRyderX wrote:..

[size=120][i]Now everything is starting to make so much more sense.

I was wondering why all the hate & resentment in Australia (on Australian Forums) about guns.....

There's no hatred & resentment.

There's confusion, concern, sympathy, and disbelief.

No hatred & resentment though.

The hatred is coming for the American gun owners who keep killing their fellow Americans, every single day of the year.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 06 Aug 2019, 13:55

I fear, a little bit but not overly..., that death caused by their own hand may not grant them all such promises: but the main point is they were all good people and the rest of us still talk about them as exactly that!

Thanx for caring about my friends, Ryder! :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 06 Aug 2019, 14:08

DonDeeHippy wrote:It's a shame though that Bongy's friend according to the bible can only goto heaven if he believes in Jesus and is Born again... you see it's a spiritual country club.... :purple

That's on a need to know basis, & outside of some sick, pent-up voyeurism, you have absolutely no need, & definitely no right whatsoever, to know....any more than your fertile mind might possibly imagine.... Image Image
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby DreamRyderX » 06 Aug 2019, 14:15

Bongalong wrote:I fear, a little bit but not overly..., that death caused by their own hand may not grant them all such promises: but the main point is they were all good people and the rest of us still talk about them as exactly that!

No worries mate......may someday God's Grace lift up your heart to understand His Love, & that love is all good to everyone.....your friends included.....& disbelievers as well, for at that split second they will come to believe.... Image
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 06 Aug 2019, 14:45

DreamRyderX wrote:
Bongalong wrote:I fear, a little bit but not overly..., that death caused by their own hand may not grant them all such promises: but the main point is they were all good people and the rest of us still talk about them as exactly that!

No worries mate......may someday God's Grace lift up your heart to understand His Love, & that love is all good to everyone.....your friends included.....& disbelievers as well, for at that split second they will come to believe.... Image

Cool; hey, on a totally disconnected point: did you ever hear the one about Nietszches version of The Garden of Eden? :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 06 Aug 2019, 16:14

Bongalong wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

Cool; hey, on a totally disconnected point: did you ever hear the one about Nietszches version of The Garden of Eden? :beer

No
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Aug 2019, 16:28

DreamRyderX wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:It's a shame though that Bongy's friend according to the bible can only goto heaven if he believes in Jesus and is Born again... you see it's a spiritual country club.... :purple

That's on a need to know basis, & outside of some sick, pent-up voyeurism, you have absolutely no need, & definitely no right whatsoever, to know....any more than your fertile mind might possibly imagine.... Image Image

so you have no need for a gun in Australia..... you are 100% anonymous here..... It just shows you only need a gun in USA because of all the other Gun Nutters (thanks for name DAX) . In Australia you don't need one...…
If you don't have a gun in Australia it must really make you wonder why you don't have one in Australia.....
Especially since you have the right to bear arms in both countries.....
:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 06 Aug 2019, 17:24

DreamRyderX wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

No
I won't spoil it for you! (I laughed!!!) :beer (It could be in the book called ANTICHRIST but I can't quite remember...)(It's all/atleast mostly?!? free on the internet via THE GUTENBERG PROJECT)
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 06 Aug 2019, 17:27

DonDeeHippy wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

so you have no need for a gun in Australia..... you are 100% anonymous here..... It just shows you only need a gun in USA because of all the other Gun Nutters (thanks for name DAX) . In Australia you don't need one...…
If you don't have a gun in Australia it must really make you wonder why you don't have one in Australia.....
Especially since you have the right to bear arms in both countries.....
:purple

i SUSPECT YOU'RE JOINING ISSUES: yes, feel free to pick me up on the exact same, ummmmmm...., yeh---> issue! :bgrin :stay :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Return to Politics