alp force detention center to reopen

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

Postby greggerypeccary » 14 Feb 2019, 20:06

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:do you think those entering with fake documents should be returned in the next flight?

Depends.

If they have fake documents, but are genuine refugees, they should NOT be sent home.

only 2% are genuine ... of 10500 , only 200 odd are genuine. The other 10300 should be sent back.

Sure.

But if a genuine refugee has fake documents, they should stay.

I'd make fake documents too, if I was fleeing persecution, war, or natural disaster.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 14 Feb 2019, 20:07

greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:do you think those entering with fake documents should be returned in the next flight?

Depends.

If they have fake documents, but are genuine refugees, they should NOT be sent home.

only 2% are genuine ... of 10500 , only 200 odd are genuine. The other 10300 should be sent back.

Sure.

I'd make fake documents too, if I was fleeing persecution, war, or natural disaster.

:bgrin
johnsmith wrote:We should only accept genuine asylum seekers.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 14 Feb 2019, 20:09

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Depends.

Sure.

You can be a genuine refugee and have fake documents.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Miranda » 14 Feb 2019, 21:51

What I would like to know is which, morally corrupt, political party started this cruel and inhumane policy?

I wonder how those who voted for such a party defend such a vile 'out of site, out of mind' mentality? Shame on those who voted for the party who started this! They should have denied their party, there vote, in protest.
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 14 Feb 2019, 22:22

greggerypeccary wrote:
mantra wrote:As much as I dislike Morrison generally - his scare tactics could work.

I dare say they will work.

And, if a boat "accidentally" slips past Border Patrol and makes it to Australia before the election, it could very well have a major affect on the outcome.

Oooh matey … you got that nailed.

This whole scam makes me sick.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 14 Feb 2019, 22:26

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:So I take it that, by a narrow margin, Australians support these measures to protect their borders.

I also find this interesting ... "Mr Morrison refused to detail the extra resources being poured into Australia's border protection, saying: "This parliament has already tipped its hand enough to the people smugglers."

"Extra resources" usually means "money". How does a Prime Minister pour extra resources into something and refuse to detail it? It's the people's money, isn't it? As should be abundantly clear by now from our own "wall" controversy in the U.S., Congress appropriates money for things openly. The only exceptions are top secret programs related to defense.

Your President has to keep certain matters of security details secret! It's the same in every country!!

Sure, but border security is law enforcement which is pretty transparent in this country. And I don't get how your PM can "pour extra resources" into something. In this country, "resources" (money) have to be approved by Congress. If our president wants "extra" resources, Congress has to pass a law authorizing the money.

We have a very, very corrupt PM and government.

I'm not joking.

:sad No he isn't joking. Scott Morrison, the de-facto PM at the moment , speaks so much garbage, I see the face, I turn it off. The whole thing needs GUTTING.

Election due soon. BRING IT ON.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2019, 15:01

greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Depends.

Sure.

You can be a genuine refugee and have fake documents.

I know!
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Feb 2019, 10:25

The reason for reopening the Christmass Is detention centre is nothing to do with an influx of BOATS! The Libs know damn well that 64,000 illegals have arrived by plane in the last 4 years.

No, it will allow the bastards to move the refugees and asylum seekers on Manus and Nauru to be moved to Christmass Is out of reach of the Medevac Bill.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/02/13/pm-reopen-christmas-island-detention/

Parallels there with Trumpy’s wall. Block one hole, another will be found. Some useful aid in Central American countries, trade agreements etc might be much more useful.

The Australian Army used a translator in Afghanistan. You can imagine what the Taliban would do to him if he stayed in the country, yet when he fled and landed in Australia he was refused entry. That is the behavior of someone so party-political that human considerations don’t occur to them.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 18 Feb 2019, 10:31

HBS Guy wrote:The reason for reopening the Christmass Is detention centre is nothing to do with an influx of BOATS! The Libs know damn well that 64,000 illegals have arrived by plane in the last 4 years.

No, it will allow the bastards to move the refugees and asylum seekers on Manus and Nauru to be moved to Christmass Is out of reach of the Medevac Bill.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/02/13/pm-reopen-christmas-island-detention/

Parallels there with Trumpy’s wall. Block one hole, another will be found. Some useful aid in Central American countries, trade agreements etc might be much more useful.

The Australian Army used a translator in Afghanistan. You can imagine what the Taliban would do to him if he stayed in the country, yet when he fled and landed in Australia he was refused entry. That is the behavior of someone so party-political that human considerations don’t occur to them.

They'll do anything to make sure people die waiting for resettlement.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Feb 2019, 10:37

For party-political reasons, give the Libs a way to win elections.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 20 Feb 2019, 14:18

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2019, 15:17

HBS Guy wrote:The reason for reopening the Christmass Is detention centre is nothing to do with an influx of BOATS! The Libs know damn well that 64,000 illegals have arrived by plane in the last 4 years.

I think it's more than that. I think they did it to entice people smugglers to try for xmas Island.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 20 Feb 2019, 15:20

Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

Well, he was found wanting.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2019, 15:22

Sprintcyclist wrote:Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

can you explain why they reopened it? :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 20 Feb 2019, 15:26

Sprintcyclist wrote:Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

The people who remain on Manus and Nauru are refugees.

since when was it it illegal to be a refugee?

I'm curious.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 20 Feb 2019, 15:30

He needs to ask Morrison why that was done.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Previous

Return to Politics