Electricity Bills

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Electricity Bills

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jan 2019, 13:52

johnsmith wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
the next bill I'm expecting any day now as he finally read the meter on Wednesday

Just got my bill .... as soon as I put away a bit f cash I'm getting solar panels. $640 ...%$#**(^ :mad

$640?

For how long - and how many people in the house?

Electric hot water, or gas?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jan 2019, 16:02

greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
the next bill I'm expecting any day now as he finally read the meter on Wednesday

Just got my bill .... as soon as I put away a bit f cash I'm getting solar panels. $640 ...%$#**(^ :mad

$640?

For how long - and how many people in the house?

Electric hot water, or gas?

4 people, solar hot water, everything else is electric

bill is for a three month period but the previous bill was an estimate based on the 3 months prior to that. The 3 months prior to that the house was empty for half of the time so the estimate was low (about $200). This bill is an actual reading, and has corrected any shortage in charges caused by the 'estimate''. If you take both bills into account, it works out at $800 for 6 months, which sounds much more reasonable.

I'm still not happy with it though. With solar hot water I expected it to be less than my bills at the old place (about $400 for every 3 month period). This works out at about the same.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jan 2019, 23:38

I checked around a while back. There is a useful .com.au site that compares the different providers.

I am happy with my current provider … I intend to stay on my current option as long as poss. I have far outpaced the end date of my contract, so I am basically on what I am on, and they can't change it. Well, perhaps they can, but have chosen not to. Who knows ?? They need my approval.? :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Previous

Return to Politics