Gadsby pisses me off!

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Gadsby pisses me off!

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2018, 18:07

Link.

Sorry Gadsby, you are not only a lousy 'comedienne' you don't get to speak for me, or I suspect 'men' (good or bad) even though you might believe you are one......or the other.

Why the ABC thought that crap was worthy of reporting, I have no idea.

Where I draw a line is where I draw a line, and your dictation and facile commentary about that is worth SFA.

Carry on.

:up
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Re: Gadsby pisses me off!

Postby johnsmith » 07 Dec 2018, 19:26

like many others do, they take a good cause and butcher it beyond recognition, and keep doing so repeatedly until your everyday man (or woman) blames the cause. :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 08 Dec 2018, 03:10

umm not sure what you find offensive.

I have seen some news which says she is popular, and I've heard a monologue, she delivered ( in part)
Also seen her previously on some Teev. She's actually a funny person. With things to say.

Fellas, you've really got thin skins...

cuts close to the bone does it.? Well I'd say.... it must, because you choose to make it a topic.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 08 Dec 2018, 06:09

When you have a seriously obese women who dresses like a man constantly running all men down, you have a mentally deficient empty head. Have watched her many times and never found her funny, she is typical of supposed comedians of today, they try to use sensationalism to get their laughs, rather than every day really funny events and the only ones who laugh at them are the recorded laughs and prompted audiences.

The lady who does rockwizz, is a far better comedian than any of the obese women and slovenly men making out they are comedians.

What Gadsby has just said, is what er are hearing from the waste of space feminazi movement determined to destroy human relationships because they are incapable of having a decent one themselves. Recently in the USA, some radio stations received complaint about a song used in the xmas line up "baby it's cold outside" claiming it was predatory sexual. So they banned it, but one station after a complaint decided to do a survey of what their listeners thought and more then 90% rejected the ban claiming those who object need to listen to the whole song. Support since has gone through the roof and it's starting to show low,life like Gatsby only represent a small minority of population and those incapable of having relationships with the opposite sex, because they are to inadequate and gutless themselves.
Dax
Irish wolfhound

Postby mothra » 08 Dec 2018, 21:42

I just watched it and i gotta say, i think it was incredibly sexist. You can't just talk about people like they are homogenous blobs.

I know a great many men who simply don't fit into that box.

Were she to make the analogy of a line somewhat appropriate, she would have admitted that we all have that line ... or those lines ... regardless of our representing demographic.

And the suggestion that women be in charge of the line that polices men's behaviour? It's shit like that i'm forever having to officially make disclaimers about when people find out i'm a feminist. It's highly problematic.

.. and this is the rationale that makes the headlines.

So many men that i know carry guilt by virtue of being male. Male guilt .. not disimilar from white guilt. It's really destructive. A completely useless state of mind. This will feed it.

Other men respond with defensiveness and anger. This will feed it.

It's not helping anyone. Least of all women.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 09 Dec 2018, 00:22

Can you not see it in the light of it being a giant piss-take. ??

She was outrageous..!! :bgrin :roll Made me laugh.. her serious mein was a classic...
the layers, people... :bgrin

No way was her message serious.. not in it's entirety.
Maybe there was some angst present, but that is the stuff of comedy.

You're all taking it much to seriously.

OH and Julia Zemiro is probably the smartest funniest person on teev. Has been for a while, but only if you like Rockwiz. :bgrin She doesn't get a lot of exposure, but she is the real deal. :thumb To Julia Z.

Pretty damned good last night.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 09 Dec 2018, 00:53

pinkeye wrote:Can you not see it in the light of it being a giant piss-take. ??

She was outrageous..!! :bgrin :roll Made me laugh.. her serious mein was a classic...
the layers, people... :bgrin

No way was her message serious.. not in it's entirety.
Maybe there was some angst present, but that is the stuff of comedy.

You're all taking it much to seriously.

OH and Julia Zemiro is probably the smartest funniest person on teev. Has been for a while, but only if you like Rockwiz. :bgrin She doesn't get a lot of exposure, but she is the real deal. :thumb To Julia Z.

Pretty damned good last night.

Thing is mate, i don't think she was joking.

I've never really found her particularly interesting or funny until i saw her special 'Nanette' on Netflix. It was less stand-up, more testimonial ... and it was courageous and honest and insightful .... but it showed real hurt. She's been really hurt.

And this hurt ... i've seen it more women than i could poke a stick at. It's almost a rite of passage. And in some women, it understandably comes out as a real anger towards men .. the problem is, of course, that we need men on side to sort this shit out.

And it doesn't help at all that some men are responding by getting all pissy and defensive (looking at you Aussie). A woman only needs to make a man joke and there are hoards calling her a fat, ugly and unfuckable while comparing her to a group that made goddamn lampshades out of people.

Somehow, we need to move away from the anger. And don't get me wrong, many women have very good reason to be angry ... certainly all the idiots claiming they're going to be arrested for sexual assault for saying hello to a woman... but it's just not cool or good for you to get all 'us and them-y' about things.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 09 Dec 2018, 01:07

wow I can hear rain on the roof.. Oh don't stop, oh sorry.

it doesn't help at all that some men are responding by getting all pissy and defensive (looking at you Aussie). A woman only needs to make a man joke and there are hoards calling her a fat, ugly and unfuckable while comparing her to a group that made goddamn lampshades out of people.
- Mothra.

Well actually I think it does help.. because it is UGLY.... Gadsby isn't hiding anything, is she. The truth is all things to all people, and I commend her for being brave enough to stand up ...so that all the arseholes can shoot her down.
It's a wake-up ladies. We'll get nowhere if we continue to allow male dominance in this.. our media connections.. It is just a hard thing to adapt to, both for Men and Women.

I could take more quotes from Aussie too, but I don't see the point.

Everyone's life has value, everyone is different and Gadsby is making her life as she sees fit.

Don't watch her.... if you don't want to hear the message. Else you're just taking sides.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 09 Dec 2018, 01:15

Taking sides? Oh please let this not be a war!

That's precisely what i'm frightened of.

No, i'm not taking sides. I have a daughter and aa son. I love them equally. Both are kind, respectful, thoughtful, empathic and generous. Exactly what i poured into them.

I don't want anybody hating on them because of what other people do.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 09 Dec 2018, 02:00

No worries...

I don't see why it should be the way it is....
times change and society changes with it

and some people are afraid of change
so attack what they see as a representative of that change

no big surprise

we should all work together, BUT
everyone thinks THEY have the
final word
because we are essentially totally self-oriented as a species.
we wouldn't have survived if we weren't
but those things don't help anymore.

Mothra your children will fly away one day
and all you can do is wave goodbye and send them off
with your love :rose
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 09 Dec 2018, 05:26

Everyone has a right to their say, however they also have a duty when they say something in public, to not make unnecessary waves and this Gadsby moron likes to make sensationalist waves. She has nothing else worthy of presenting to an audience, that will bring people together, make them laugh and not apart.

Julia Zemiro has another show on the ABC, can't remember what it's called, too early in the morning for me, where she takes celebrities back to their childhood era. She is very good and keeps them happy and laughing, not by what she says, but how she says it and always with a lovely smile.

Gadsby and her peers of both sexes, look morbid, dull, have pathetic monologues with little bits of sensationalism and mostly sexist comments. If a bloke comedian accused all women of being useless painted, wasteful, consumerist dumb heads, they would be thrown out of the industry.

So we are seeing double standards and hypocrisy, especially when you have a female slob, dressing as a man yet covered in body, soul and biologically destroying chemical make up and then running down those she dresses like. We have the prime example of a very confused and bitter soul.

You can never attain equality of opportunity, until you stop being a hating useless elitist. That's one of the biggest problems with sexism, no respect from either side, just you are wrong and have to change, but not me. I should be able to go on being the way I want and everyone else change to suit me.

That's sure working well isn't it. :clap :rofl
Dax
Irish wolfhound

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Dec 2018, 10:52

"I am sick of turning my television on at the end of the day to find anywhere up to 12 'Jimmys' giving me their hot take," Gadsby said.

Well, don't turn on your TV - dickhead.

I've never found her even slightly funny or interesting.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Dec 2018, 02:14

Honestly, I doubt I've seen more than a few minutes.. of this specific offering, but she has the right to say what she does, she should not be hammered because it doesn't suit everybody.

I DO remember watching her a few years ago, and I thought she was.. clever. Not a sledgehammer. I observe such from a Distance.

So times change. The Backlash is in full flow.

Shit.. so.? she dresses like a man.? :WTF .. she IS a free human being. But she seems pretty neuter to me.... so male defensiveness is actually a 'tell'.

If she isn't relevant any longer, she'll disappear. That's the way it is.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 10 Dec 2018, 07:17

pinkeye wrote:Honestly, I doubt I've seen more than a few minutes.. of this specific offering, but she has the right to say what she does, she should not be hammered because it doesn't suit everybody.

I DO remember watching her a few years ago, and I thought she was.. clever. Not a sledgehammer. I observe such from a Distance.

So times change. The Backlash is in full flow.

Shit.. so.? she dresses like a man.? :WTF .. she IS a free human being. But she seems pretty neuter to me.... so male defensiveness is actually a 'tell'.

If she isn't relevant any longer, she'll disappear. That's the way it is.

If this thing called Gadsby, were just your average deluded fool, then she could say what she wants. However in this era of disintegrating gender association and that fact she dresses exactly how those she hates dresses, would not only be confusing to many, but a representation of how hypocritical and licked into double standards ideological humanity has become. As she puts herself in the lime light, you would expect those people to provide a decent example for those who support her and those who don't.

Of course the it (can't call it a woman or a man) isn't really relevant, but majority who are in the lime light, are irrelevant anyway, yet get the biggest media spread and then the lowly disgruntled plebs jump on the bandwagon and make things worse, for everyone else.

Gadsby is so dissatisfied with her life, which can be seen on her obesity, manner, dress and pathetic attempt at comedy. Haven't seen a decent comedian for decades, they are all sensationalists, use bad language and sick sexual innuendo, to try to get laughs and never funny aspects of real life. That's why their carer are so short, people get bored bery quiickly with their sameness and in gadsby's case, horribly morbid facial expressions.
Dax
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 11 Dec 2018, 02:15

Oh I agree... bring back Billy.

All best wishes to him. :sad

No there aren't any comedians that amuse me, at the moment. Well I don't mind Bill Bailey... I even like his ad. :bgrin

Seems like Comedy has changed, as well. Its not very funny anymore.
For example I can't stand Adam Hill.. ahem excuse the pun. :roll I really dislike him. And his guests, in the main. Turn it off.. YEP .. every time.

MMM and I can't think of any funny Aussie Men, at the moment... but then again I don't watch much TV...

Russell Brand... now he's funny... definitely :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Dec 2018, 12:16

pinkeye wrote:
MMM and I can't think of any funny Aussie Men, at the moment... but then again I don't watch much TV...

Sam Simmons.

Funny as all fuck.

greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Return to Off Topic