What are you doing right now?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jan 2019, 17:34

Ah Melbourne, the perfect place to make a film about the end of the world in. :roll :bgrin
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50947
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 10 Jan 2019, 10:16

When it rains, it pours. Mrs Texan is still visiting our granddaughter in Wichita. Her dad fell and knocked himself unconscious. He is 89 and now at the hospital. After cooking dinner, I should go relieve my SIL.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby greggerypeccary » 10 Jan 2019, 10:19

Texan wrote:When it rains, it pours. Mrs Texan is still visiting our granddaughter in Wichita. Her dad fell and knocked himself unconscious. He is 89 and now at the hospital. After cooking dinner, I should go relieve my SIL.


Oh man, that's not good.

I hope he's okay.
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jan 2019, 12:28

No, falls in the elderly are not good!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50947
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby greggerypeccary » 10 Jan 2019, 12:33

HBS Guy wrote:No, falls in the elderly are not good!


Indeed.

As I'm finding out with my own father :sad
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jan 2019, 12:41

He fell?

Mum fell a couple years ago, cut on her forehead, blood everywhere, bruises—but no broken skull, no concussion etc. Incredible! Dutch skulls are hard and thick, I suppose :rofl
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50947
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby greggerypeccary » 10 Jan 2019, 12:50

HBS Guy wrote:He fell?

Mum fell a couple years ago, cut on her forehead, blood everywhere, bruises—but no broken skull, no concussion etc. Incredible! Dutch skulls are hard and thick, I suppose :rofl


He's fallen a few times.

His carer had to call an ambulance to get him up off the floor once.

He gets dizzy spells, and sometimes his legs just give way.

Not good :sad
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby SethBullock » 10 Jan 2019, 13:08

Texan wrote:When it rains, it pours. Mrs Texan is still visiting our granddaughter in Wichita. Her dad fell and knocked himself unconscious. He is 89 and now at the hospital. After cooking dinner, I should go relieve my SIL.


Sorry, Texan. I hope he's going to be OK.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower

"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jan 2019, 17:59

Sorry to hear Tex. I hope it turns out well for your FIL
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7765
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 10 Jan 2019, 21:50

He has some bleeding on the brain, but it seems to have stopped. We are not sure if a stroke caused the fall or the fall was the cause. He has several stitches across his eyebrow and a swollen black eye. He hasn’t talked in conversation like normal, but he tells us to stop when we do something he doesn’t like. I don’t know if it’s the progression of Alzheimer’s or related to his injury. I’m spending the night and will be relieved by my nephew at 0800. I don’t work until midnight tonight and can go home and sleep all day. The doctor will discuss where he can go with my SIL later today, whether it’s hospice or whatever. When he was still in his right mind, he said that he wants no surgeries and does not want to be revived if he goes into cardiac arrest. There isn’t much the hospital can do for him. He is stable and we need to just wait to see what his new normal is.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 10 Jan 2019, 21:55

Texan wrote:He has some bleeding on the brain, but it seems to have stopped. We are not sure if a stroke caused the fall or the fall was the cause. He has several stitches across his eyebrow and a swollen black eye. He hasn’t talked in conversation like normal, but he tells us to stop when we do something he doesn’t like. I don’t know if it’s the progression of Alzheimer’s or related to his injury. I’m spending the night and will be relieved by my nephew at 0800. I don’t work until midnight tonight and can go home and sleep all day. The doctor will discuss where he can go with my SIL later today, whether it’s hospice or whatever. When he was still in his right mind, he said that he wants no surgeries and does not want to be revived if he goes into cardiac arrest. There isn’t much the hospital can do for him. He is stable and we need to just wait to see what his new normal is.


:sad :rose :sad
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 10 Jan 2019, 21:59

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jan 2019, 22:01

Doesn’t sound good, Tex!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50947
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby mothra » 11 Jan 2019, 13:06

So sorry to read that Tex. What a hugely emotional time for your family. It's great that you're all pulling the same way though.

Many blessings.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6067
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jan 2019, 19:09

Stinking hot day.

Made two jellies: blancmange and raspberry.

Made the mango and cardamom butter.

Currently sitting down not intending to do another fucking thing today! Ouch! My joints are screaming in pain!

Yup, my kitchen in Tassie will have one long shelf (made of different materials here and there as if I fucking care!) with chopping board, cooktop and sink and behind or at 90° to it another shelf with lots lovely double powerpoints so mixer, ice cream machine, deep fryer etc etc can be plugged in easy as. And I can sit and chop/cook/wash blah blah sitting down!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50947
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 12 Jan 2019, 14:43

The lovely Mrs. Texan and I will be going to breakfast in the morning with the neighbors and then we will all go to the local gun show. I'm not sure if I'll get anything, but it's my turn as Mrs. Texan has the last 3 guns we purchased. She needs to exchange a concealed carry purse that broke after she bought it at the last gun show. My neighbor has a couple of guns that he would like to sell. Should be a fun day.

Later, we will go see my FIL. He is out of the hospital and going into hospice at the nursing home. If we can get him to start eating again, he may come off of hospice. He is not functioning quite as well as he was before the fall, but he is showing good improvement. Eating will be the key. He let it be known before he lost his mind that he wanted no surgeries, feeding tubes, CPR, etc....... DNR - Do Not Recussitate.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 12 Jan 2019, 14:58

Texan wrote:The lovely Mrs. Texan and I will be going to breakfast in the morning with the neighbors and then we will all go to the local gun show. I'm not sure if I'll get anything, but it's my turn as Mrs. Texan has the last 3 guns we purchased. She needs to exchange a concealed carry purse that broke after she bought it at the last gun show. My neighbor has a couple of guns that he would like to sell. Should be a fun day.

Later, we will go see my FIL. He is out of the hospital and going into hospice at the nursing home. If we can get him to start eating again, he may come off of hospice. He is not functioning quite as well as he was before the fall, but he is showing good improvement. Eating will be the key. He let it be known before he lost his mind that he wanted no surgeries, feeding tubes, CPR, etc....... DNR - Do Not Recussitate.


Do you have what we call 'Advanced Health Directives' there?
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jan 2019, 19:49

Yeah.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50947
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 20:03

Aussie wrote:Do you have what we call 'Advanced Health Directives' there?


being the young fellow I am, I have no idea what you are on about. Do we have them?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7765
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 12 Jan 2019, 20:08

johnsmith wrote:
Aussie wrote:Do you have what we call 'Advanced Health Directives' there?


being the young fellow I am, I have no idea what you are on about. Do we have them?


Yes...Google.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 20:21

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Aussie wrote:Do you have what we call 'Advanced Health Directives' there?


being the young fellow I am, I have no idea what you are on about. Do we have them?


Yes...Google.


aren't you google? :WTF
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7765
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 12 Jan 2019, 20:29

No...get off your fat Italian arse and do some simple research. I gave you the magic words. Fark me!

:h
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jan 2019, 20:54

Aussie wrote:No...get off your fat Italian arse and do some simple research. I gave you the magic words. Fark me!

:h



fat? I may be developing the start of my much anticipated beer belly, but I can guarantee you that my arse is certainly not fat.

Next you'll be calling me old :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7765
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 13 Jan 2019, 09:57

Aussie wrote:
Texan wrote:The lovely Mrs. Texan and I will be going to breakfast in the morning with the neighbors and then we will all go to the local gun show. I'm not sure if I'll get anything, but it's my turn as Mrs. Texan has the last 3 guns we purchased. She needs to exchange a concealed carry purse that broke after she bought it at the last gun show. My neighbor has a couple of guns that he would like to sell. Should be a fun day.

Later, we will go see my FIL. He is out of the hospital and going into hospice at the nursing home. If we can get him to start eating again, he may come off of hospice. He is not functioning quite as well as he was before the fall, but he is showing good improvement. Eating will be the key. He let it be known before he lost his mind that he wanted no surgeries, feeding tubes, CPR, etc....... DNR - Do Not Recussitate.


Do you have what we call 'Advanced Health Directives' there?

Yes. We have filled out his DNR paperwork.

Johnsmith - Advanced directives are specific instructions and consents for medical care. In this case, to opt out of emergency life saving procedures like surgery, cpr, etc.... My FIL is 89 and doesn’t want the pain and suffering.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 13 Jan 2019, 10:20

Texan wrote:Johnsmith - Advanced directives are specific instructions and consents for medical care. In this case, to opt out of emergency life saving procedures like surgery, cpr, etc.... My FIL is 89 and doesn’t want the pain and suffering.


thanks Tex

see Aussie, it's not difficult :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 7765
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron