funny

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: funny

Postby SethBullock » 14 Feb 2019, 07:06

My brother sent me this from a question/answer blog ...

Are you allowed to give a police officer the middle finger?

Matt Pickering
Matt Pickering, Software developer, sailor and seeing life is a rogue wave in a quantum sea

Answered Mar 6, 2014 · Author has 7.4k answers and 20.5m answer views

I'll allow a law enforcement officer to answer that question in his own words....

I'm parked in the lot of one of the two Stab-n-Grabs in town, catching up on some paperwork, when the local teenage hell-raiser screams by on the highway, arm out the window and grinning like a chimp as he gives me the finger.

Naturally, I cut in behind him, and follow for about two blocks before I turn on the lights and pull him over.

I walk up to the door, and gently ask for his drivers licence, insurance and registration.

"What for?" he asks, all innocent.

"Because I asked for it." I reply, equally innocent.

He gives me the requested documents, I walk back to the Super Scooter and check him and his pickup for wants and warrants. All clear -- for once.

I walk back to the driver's side door, flip open my Book of Citations and begin writing.

He looks at me, sputters a bit, then yaps, "You can't write me a ticket!"

"Why not?" I ask, filling in Block 9.

"Because you can't!"

"The answer 'because' doesn't work on my nieces and nephews," I answer, X-ing Block 23, "Articulate a reason."

"You're a cop! My daddy says you can't be insulted by anything!"

"That is correct." I sign with a flourish.

"So you can't write me for flipping you off. I'm not signing that."

"Correct. How-some-ever, this is not a ticket for flipping me off. You extended your left arm horizontally out of the drivers side window."

"So?"

"So, anyone who passed Drivers Education should know that an extended left arm is a signal for a left turn. You failed to turn left. Sign here, this is not a plea of guilty, it is merely a promise to appear in court."

"You're ticketing me for ILLEGAL USE OF A TURN SIGNAL?!"

I am SO going to hell for that one.

*sigh*

He paid it, though.

I'm pretty sure it is legal but be aware of how and when you do it and the unintended consequences!
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Feb 2019, 07:38

Stab-n-Grab?

Cops can get you for anything. Here it is illegal to have any part of your body outside the car. There is always “dangerous driving” etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 14 Feb 2019, 08:08

HBS Guy wrote:Stab-n-Grab?

Cops can get you for anything. Here it is illegal to have any part of your body outside the car. There is always “dangerous driving” etc.

"Stop and Rob" is another expression.

There is a chain of small convenience stores that are actually called "Grab and Go", believe it or not.

As for the cops ...

There are gazillions of rarely enforced traffic regulations which may instantly pop into an officer's memory when someone drives by giving him the finger.

Choices, consequences ...

Act like a dick, get treated like one.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby Aussie » 14 Feb 2019, 10:04

Hey Seth...how about this true tale. Client of mine was pulled over by a motorcycle cop (still remember the Cops name...Dave Findlay.......nice enough bloke but too zealous and totally naive) for exceeding the speed limit on his 50 cc motor cycle.

Dave: You are exceeding the speed limit.

Client: Nah, that thing could not get over the limit going down hill.

Dave: You exceeded the limit.

Client: No I wasn't.

That's how the evidence came. Client and Dave were in accord on the conversation. So....fast forward to me cross-examining (yes...client was adamant he was innocent of the ultimate charge....using offensive language to a Copper in the course of his duty).......

Me: That's when you asked him....'Do you think I am stupid or something?'

Dave: Yes, that's correct.

Me: Did you expect him to answer honestly?

Dave: Yes.

Me: And that's when he said to you, "Yes, I think you are stupid."

(It was for that alleged insult client was charged by Dave.)

Magistrate immediately intervened as expected, and tossed the charge out, with Dave left in the Box scratching his head.

Me and client depart, grinning like Cheshire cats....."come in spinner!!!"

:bgrin
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 14 Feb 2019, 12:39

Aussie wrote:Hey Seth...how about this true tale. Client of mine was pulled over by a motorcycle cop (still remember the Cops name...Dave Findlay.......nice enough bloke but too zealous and totally naive) for exceeding the speed limit on his 50 cc motor cycle.

Dave: You are exceeding the speed limit.

Client: Nah, that thing could not get over the limit going down hill.

Dave: You exceeded the limit.

Client: No I wasn't.

That's how the evidence came. Client and Dave were in accord on the conversation. So....fast forward to me cross-examining (yes...client was adamant he was innocent of the ultimate charge....using offensive language to a Copper in the course of his duty).......

Me: That's when you asked him....'Do you think I am stupid or something?'

Dave: Yes, that's correct.

Me: Did you expect him to answer honestly?

Dave: Yes.

Me: And that's when he said to you, "Yes, I think you are stupid."

(It was for that alleged insult client was charged by Dave.)

Magistrate immediately intervened as expected, and tossed the charge out, with Dave left in the Box scratching his head.

Me and client depart, grinning like Cheshire cats....."come in spinner!!!"

:bgrin

Well, that's what he gets for deviating from the script. When people I stopped denied that they did the violation, I'd just tell them they could appear in court and request a trial. Not, "Do you think I'm stupid."
SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 15 Feb 2019, 16:08

To the ladies on the site ...

Texas valentine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 15 Feb 2019, 17:44

SethBullock wrote:To the ladies on the site ...

Texas valentine.jpg

I think the lovely Mrs. Texan could share that feast. It might feed my sons also, if it weren't Valentine's Day.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2019, 18:05

SethBullock wrote:To the ladies on the site ...

Texas valentine.jpg

hey,I'll have Mothras share since she refuses to partake in good cuisine. :bgrin

(sorry mothra :roll :roll )
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2019, 18:11

words of wisdom :bgrin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2019, 19:05

CAUTION: SONG CONTAINS PROFANITY

:Monk, can you get the video working please. :thumb

Found the correct URL for you. I dunno, work my fingers to the bone and all I get is complaints. . .
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 17 Feb 2019, 09:12

johnsmith wrote:
Found the correct URL for you. I dunno, work my fingers to the bone and all I get is complaints. . .

thanks. Consider yourself lucky that I still have use for you occasionally :clap :clap :clap
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 17 Feb 2019, 14:04

SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 17 Feb 2019, 14:05

SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 17 Feb 2019, 14:14

Glad I wasn't taking a swallow of beer when "Connie" chimes in...

SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 17 Feb 2019, 14:27

SethBullock
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 18 Feb 2019, 02:44

SethBullock
Cheetah

Previous

Return to Sand Pit