Electric Vehicals this week

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Sep 2018, 17:21

https://insideevs.com/august-2018-plug-in-electric-vehicles-sales-report-card/
August 2018 will mark the 35th month of consecutive year-over-year monthly sales gains for plug-in vehicles.

Top Months for U.S. EV Sales to Date (estimated):
August 2018 – 36,045 (and counting!)
July 2018 – 29,514
March 2018 – 26,373
December 2017 – 26,107
June 2018 – 25,019

According to our research, Tesla’s numbers are up again for the month of August, and substantially. It comes as no surprise that the Tesla Model 3 sees continually increasing delivery numbers. Even though we’ve learned that production is not as consistently high as the automaker projected, the fact that Tesla is making many more Model 3 sedans, while also maintaining Model S and X deliveries on a more consistent basis should continue to lead to an increase in sales.
As far as U.S. Model S and Model X sales are concerned, Tesla has been able to keep numbers close to flat or even increasing, despite the impact of Model 3 production. The automaker shattered all previous records and also sold more EVs than all other automakers combined … by a long shot! Additionally, Tesla’s delivery numbers alone (23,175) surpassed all monthly U.S. EV deliveries from all automakers ever, historically.
Based on our detailed estimates, Tesla delivered 17,800 Model 3 sedans in August and was still able to surpass last year’s Model S and X deliveries, at 2,625 and 2,750, respectively.

it's exciting times to Tesla :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Sprintcyclist » 07 Sep 2018, 18:00

electric cars would be great.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Sep 2018, 18:30

I would like to see the big cities phase out diesel buses in favor of trolley buses—electric buses that take power from an overhead power line like a tram etc. No need for tracks. Think of all the diesel particulate emissions foregone, esp in the inner city.

I did ride one a few times down Port Rd in Adelaide. Wonderful smooth travel, would encourage more use of public transport I am sure—diesel buses vibrate and with all but a very few drivers take off and stop jerkily—I hate them. Just build another windfarm or two: the buses can have a battery and/or generator to get to their destination in the case of a total statewide blackout. (Said blackout would be because the privatised electricity grid here is a gimcrack system that can’t handle a bit of wind.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Sep 2018, 20:28

was reading an article in a motoring magazine at the dentists the other day, porch is working on an all electric high performance car with a top range of up to 600km , then 15mins on a supercharger will get you another 500km. They're getting together with another 4 manufacturers to put superchargers across Europe

unfortunately, the car won't be made available to market until 2025

it's getting better
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Sep 2018, 07:13

johnsmith wrote:was reading an article in a motoring magazine at the dentists the other day, porch is working on an all electric high performance car with a top range of up to 600km , then 15mins on a supercharger will get you another 500km. They're getting together with another 4 manufacturers to put superchargers across Europe

it's getting better

Yeah most of the big car companies r promising cars like the porch..... and that's all, I think is commonly known as vapor ware

Jag is really the only car company that's done a really nice EV and Hyundai and Chevy have done reasonable ones but they haven't made big numbers .
Next year the Tesla Roadster2 will be released and it will have a 1000km range and do 8 seconds on the quarter mile...... Porche will have to make up imaginary better cars then.. to be realised in 7 years of course.
https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/roadster
Tesla has the prototype already built as well, no prototypes for the vaporware cars. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Sep 2018, 07:50

The VW claims are the most vaporous of vaporware.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 09 Sep 2018, 08:58

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:was reading an article in a motoring magazine at the dentists the other day, porch is working on an all electric high performance car with a top range of up to 600km , then 15mins on a supercharger will get you another 500km. They're getting together with another 4 manufacturers to put superchargers across Europe

it's getting better

Yeah most of the big car companies r promising cars like the porch..... and that's all, I think is commonly known as vapor ware

Jag is really the only car company that's done a really nice EV and Hyundai and Chevy have done reasonable ones but they haven't made big numbers .
Next year the Tesla Roadster2 will be released and it will have a 1000km range and do 8 seconds on the quarter mile...... Porche will have to make up imaginary better cars then.. to be realised in 7 years of course.
https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/roadster
Tesla has the prototype already built as well, no prototypes for the vaporware cars. :purple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmzUJjIY9sQ

https://reneweconomy.com.au/porsche-finds-name-for-new-ev-model-to-compete-with-tesla-jaguar-34301/
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Sep 2018, 09:02

Just wish the car makers (other than Tesla) would get on with it. They make tiny numbers of cars. EVs are the future, ICE the past.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Sep 2018, 05:49

https://insideevs.com/90000-tesla-model-3-produced/
Tesla is on track to produce the 100,000th Model 3 by the end of this month.
According to Bloomberg’s Tesla Model 3 Tracker (yes, we know it’s not always 100% accurate, but it’s close), cumulative production of the Tesla Model 3 stands now at 90,198 (the numbers are estimated).
While the overall pile of Model 3 is growing, the pace is a little disappointing because Bloomberg’s tool shows just 3,486 units a week in the past seven days. The peak was above 5,000 at the end of June, while the target for the end of August was 6,000.
The highest registered VIN by Tesla was 112,315 (as of September 8).

With almost three weeks to the end of the quarter, Tesla still has a strong chance of reaching the milestone of the 100,000th Model 3 produced, and the majority of those cars will be from the current quarter.
Production and deliveries of the Model 3 in previous quarters thus far:
2017’Q3 – 260 produced, and 222 delivered
2017’Q4 – 2,425 produced and 1,542 delivered
2018’Q1 – 9,766 produced and 8,182 delivered
2018’Q2 – 28,578 produced and 18,440 delivered
2018’Q3 – already >49,169 produced

These number r impressive and Tesla haven't realesed the cheep version of the 3 yet either..... bigger numbers then
I see no one is complaining about Musks promises about the Model 3 production... even the bankwupt spiel is lessening. :purple
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Sep 2018, 11:02

Until he smoked dope on TV or podcast or whatever. He is so stupid sometimes!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 12 Sep 2018, 14:34

HBS Guy wrote:Until he smoked dope on TV or podcast or whatever. He is so stupid sometimes!
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 12 Sep 2018, 14:34

HBS Guy wrote:Until he smoked dope on TV or podcast or whatever. He is so stupid sometimes!

when you're as rich as Musk, it's not considered stupid, it's considered 'eccentric'
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Sep 2018, 17:56

He has got a couple of years, and a dividend payment or two, before he can afford to be “eccentric.”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Sep 2018, 05:51

he's not a publicly elected person, he is a business owner...… He really can do what he wants.
The interview was with a comedian and was musk having fun.... no one wants him to be human
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Sep 2018, 05:52

HBS Guy wrote:He has got a couple of years, and a dividend payment or two, before he can afford to be “eccentric.”

yeah he is only worth 22 billion atm, better wait to be eccentric :purple
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Sep 2018, 05:57

Well, I don’t want the stupidity of the owner to derail the Tesla company. Once the investors start getting paid dividends then he can be eccentric.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Sep 2018, 06:11

Musk’s hitting some weed was nothing novel. It’s actually quite normal for millions of Americans. And the interview was filmed in California — one of the nine states where marijuana is as legal to consume as a Budweiser
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Sep 2018, 06:48

Just want nothing to stop Tesla forging ahead.

I am not being moralistic about this: I have smoked the stuff in my younger days. Just worried about any harm to Tesla—it has its screaming detractors everywhere.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Sep 2018, 18:37

well all the hippy stoners will be lining up to buy one anyway
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Sep 2018, 18:41

Ahahahahaha! Clever marketing eh? :rofl
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 21 Sep 2018, 05:57

Ok nothing has catched my eye of late but this is pretty cool
https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-5-star-safety-nhtsa/
It aced all the crash tests and is tops in its class.
It’s now official. The Tesla Model 3 is among the safest cars rated by the NHTSA. It scored top marks in every single tested category.
Beyond that, the Model 3 comes equipped with every NHTSA-recommend safety technology as standard equipment, meaning you don’t have to tick an option box to get a safer Model 3. Every 3 is as safe as the next.
Safety has always been paramount at Tesla, so no surprise here. It was way back in 2013 when the Tesla Model S earned crazy high marks from the NHTSA and now it seems with the Model 3, Tesla had done it again.
Model 3 owners should be thrilled now knowing that the vehicle they drive is basically the safest car in its class.
the model S was the first car to get 5 stars for every category and looks like the new one is doing it to.
:purple
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2018, 09:24

YouLiar won’t like to hear that!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Sep 2018, 05:48

https://insideevs.com/audi-electric-cars-charge-80-in-12-minutes/
Audi BEVs will get 350 kW ultra-fast charging
Currently, Audi is introducing its first all-electric model – the e-tron – which will be able to charge from 0 to 80% in around 30 minutes. That’s at 150 kW of power, which is industry-leading level for passenger cars. Also, the on-board charging (3-phase at 22 kW is swell too).
However, 150 kW is not the goal, but just a temporary level for the first two cars – the e-tron and e-tron Sportback (2019).
The third model – Audi e-tron GT – built on a second BEV platform and equipped with tech from Porsche, will be capable of charging at 350 kW. 80% state of charge should be achievable in 12-minutes.

This is huge... It means the car will have a range of 500km's and after 500km's u only need tohavea stop of 12 mins to do another 400km's.
I only like doing about 3 hours without a break so id never excede the range of the vehical. beside 900km's with only a 12 min break should releive many fears ppl have about electric cars.
95% of charging is done at home when the owners r asleep so the public chargers r only need for long trips anyway. For most of the year EV owners never have to goto a gas station. I cant wait for aus to catch up :purple
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Sep 2018, 07:07

Yup, I have programmed 3 stops: Keith, Horsham and Melton Service Centre into my trip to Pt Melbourne. Possibly a quick stop in Tailem Bend, some jumps etc, get rid of stiffness, get blood flowing.

Thank god for cruise control—due to arthritis my right foot would get real sore on long trips.

If I had an electric vehicle with 500Km range I still would do the three stops.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 29 Sep 2018, 07:19

anyone with kids has to do stops......
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Next

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market