New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 15:23

Antarctica is melting, regardless of what a conman tells his dupes. A study using several lines of evidence has determined that. Antarctica is losing nearly as much as Greenland is and will overtake it before long, by the end of the decade I would say.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 15:23

HBS Guy wrote:I have argued the point. You cannot argue, you have been conned.

You do a mean line in ad homs yourself precisely because you cannot argue in defence of the Dubyne nonsense.

Well - can you at least admit that you can't explain all this record cold weather?
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 15:29

Where have I or anyone EVER argued that weather would follow a smooth path to higher temperatures?

Locally, all sorts of weather systems. More regionally—the Jet Streams are weaker and chaotic causing weird and extreme weather. The Arctic and Greenland losing ice does the same thing. There are the main multidecadal ocean oscillations, the PDO etc. Volcanoes can cause little dips in the temperature graph and then there is ENSO.

Look at the GISS Global monthly temperature chart—see how some years were hotter or colder than others of the same period?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 15:36

HBS Guy wrote:Where have I or anyone EVER argued that weather would follow a smooth path to higher temperatures?

Locally, all sorts of weather systems. More regionally—the Jet Streams are weaker and chaotic causing weird and extreme weather. The Arctic and Greenland losing ice does the same thing. There are the main multidecadal ocean oscillations, the PDO etc. Volcanoes can cause little dips in the temperature graph and then there is ENSO.

Look at the GISS Global monthly temperature chart—see how some years were hotter or colder than others of the same period?

So you're saying that even if the whole of Southern Australia:
South Australia, Victoria & NSW,
was covered in a thick layer of ice & snow then you'd still say there was global warming?
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 15:41

If it ever is ask me again.

Silly question tho: world is CLEARLY warming.

Did you read how in Japan rescuers rescuing people from flooded houses etc were hampered by high temperatures?

You going to argue we get MORE evaporation from COLDER seas?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 15:55

HBS Guy wrote:If it ever is ask me again.

Silly question tho: world is CLEARLY warming.

Did you read how in Japan rescuers rescuing people from flooded houses etc were hampered by high temperatures?

You going to argue we get MORE evaporation from COLDER seas?

Monk - you're missing the point.
The Antarctic is not going to melt away.
It's 2 kilometers thick of ice on average & the temperatures go
to more than 100 degrees C below zero.
Even when there is sea ice it's not as though it moves to Tahiti -
it goes around & around the Southern ocean.
It would take million of years to melt Antarctica.
The amount of melted snow is something like 0.000000001%
( don't quote me on the figure but it's tiny )

The reports I've read state that the only real melting is where there has been volcanic activity
& the rest of Antarctica is actually building up its ice.
This contradicts your global warming message.

Monk - you can't ignore contradictions.
In science if your observations don't agree with your predictions
then your theory is wrong.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 16:04

I never said all of Antarctica would melt away. A lot of it will, 200Gtons net ice loss each year now. That will increase.

The volcanoes have always been there, they are not doing the melting tho the ice age scammers are saying they are, of course.

Cosmic rays do not cause clouds nor volcanoes nor earthquakes. Try imagining the energy needed to melt a gigaton of rock under the ground.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 16:27

HBS Guy wrote:I never said all of Antarctica would melt away. A lot of it will, 200Gtons net ice loss each year now. That will increase.

The volcanoes have always been there, they are not doing the melting tho the ice age scammers are saying they are, of course.

Cosmic rays do not cause clouds nor volcanoes nor earthquakes. Try imagining the energy needed to melt a gigaton of rock under the ground.

When a grand solar minimum coincides with high volcanic activity then
we have the same conditions that caused the little ice ages that lasted for decades.
You also haven't explained the medieval & Roman warming periods -
no extra CO2 was measured from Antarctic or Greenland ice cores.
All these warming & cold events could be caused by natural conditions
& hardly anything to do with CO2.

Monk - you've been a mug, conned by the media.
You can't think for yourself & instead you chose to denigrate me on a very personal level.
This is not about me - it's about the truth.

When Ozpolitic re-opens I will continue to inform people
of record cold weather events all over the world
& give links to videos & other source material to back up my claims.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 16:31

We don’t have high volcanic activity, just the normal amount. Look at the temperature chart and stop posting utter bullshit!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 16:32

The only mug is you, conned by an obvious lying charlatan. Act now to get your donations back!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 16:36

I have been asking repeatedly on Twitter for any evidence that the sun is in a GSM, none has been forthcoming. I conclude that the sun is not entering a GSM. Thinking is a GSM will happen around 2050.

A GSM will cool by 0.13—0.3°C tops!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 16:38

HBS Guy wrote:We don’t have high volcanic activity, just the normal amount.
Look at the temperature chart and stop posting utter bullshit!

gimme a break -
we have volcanoes going crazy all over the world right now.
Look at Hawaii.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 16:40

We don’t have more than usual volcanic activity.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 14 Jul 2018, 16:43

Sir Bobby wrote:

gimme a break -
Look at Hawaii.

Graph ends in 2015. But, you might get info on other sites to check for up-to-date figures. To 2015....all normal.

Link.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 16:44

Here is some actual, real evidence:

The world’s oceans rose to the highest temperatures ever recorded by far in 2017, scientists have warned.

Research by a team of Chinese experts found the upper 2,000m of ocean water were far warmer in 2017 than the previous hottest year in 2015.

The findings, published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, show the annual electricity generation in China is 699 times smaller than the heat increase in the oceans last year.

“The long-term warming trend driven by human activities continued unabated,” wrote research authors Lijing Cheng and Jian Zhu,

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/oceans-heat-temperatures-2017-hottest-ever-recorded-by-far-institute-of-atmospheric-physics-a8181861.html

And, no we don’t have more than normal volcanic activity! There is always some volcanic activity and all the ones currently or very recently active are on the Pacific Ring of Fire. Hawai was formed by volcanoes, so were the Galapogos Islands etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 16:50

Aussie wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:

gimme a break -
Look at Hawaii.

Graph ends in 2015. But, you might get info on other sites to check for up-to-date figures. To 2015....all normal.

Link.

Aussie - it's not about the number of eruptions -
it's about how much ash & gas has been put into the stratosphere by volcanoes.
I can't find records for that.
I know that the air routes for jet aircraft to Indonesia have been closed many times recently.
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 14 Jul 2018, 16:52

There is nothing new in that Bobby.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Sir Bobby » 14 Jul 2018, 16:58

Aussie wrote:There is nothing new in that Bobby.

Stop being on Monk's side out of fear.
He's not going to remove your moderator rights if you disagree with him.
He hasn't banned me because I disagree with him. (yet)
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 17:11

I don’t ban people for having an opinion contrary to mine.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 14 Jul 2018, 17:16

HBS Guy wrote:I don’t ban people for having an opinion contrary to mine.

:roll

:h
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 14 Jul 2018, 17:29

'ere ya go Bobby. It is Winter and it does get cold up here in these places. Nothing new, all routine.

Link.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jul 2018, 20:43

StudioOlafurEliasson @olafureliasson 25m25 minutes ago More

Today in Greenland - an iceberg more than a hundred meters high approaches the village of Innaarsuit - all inhabitants evacuated.
https://www.instagram.com/studioolafureliasson/
Photo: Karl Petersen/Ritzau Scanpix

That WAS part of Greenland!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jul 2018, 10:40

lol u beat me i was just going to post this....... :P
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Jul 2018, 10:50

Posted it on Twitter too
No miniiceage! No #globalcooling 100m high iceberg, used to be part of Greenland. . .
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 17 Jul 2018, 05:21

Poor Lee he is so desperate to prove monk wrong he has contradicted himself again.

CO2 is a strong anthropogenic forcing agent, despite greening of the deserts, which give off more CO2.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1464603949/5280#5280
This is what he wrote

anthropogenic means man made

so now he is saying that co2 is warming the earth and its from human activity....... :oops
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit