The best of Netflix and Stan.

This board is moving to a new board running different, more capable software. Please go here:

http://www.polanimal.com.au/xenforo

You will need to be issued a temporary password on the new board. Please PM HBS Guy, Aussie or mothra for one.

The new board is well worth the little bit of pain involved.

This board will remain open for users who have not posted recently to find the new board

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
mothra
Duck
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Post by mothra »

Just watched 'The Way Back' about a bunch of prisoners escaping a Siberian Gulag through China and Mongolia to India.

Was brilliantly acted and the cinematography was just beautiful.

Also watched Black Sheep with the fam. Have seen it before but it's a hoot and a half. My lad alternated between laughing deliriously and screaming my name out throughout. The wonderful New Zealand film community at it's finest.

greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus

Post by greggerypeccary »

mothra wrote:Just watched 'The Way Back' about a bunch of prisoners escaping a Siberian Gulag through China and Mongolia to India.

Also watched Black Sheep with the fam. Have seen it before but it's a hoot and a half. My lad alternated between laughing deliriously and screaming my name out throughout. The wonderful New Zealand film community at it's finest.
What service is Black Sheep on?

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

@ Mothra, so we have started watching Messiah and must say it’s getting intriguing!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

mothra
Duck

Post by mothra »

greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:Just watched 'The Way Back' about a bunch of prisoners escaping a Siberian Gulag through China and Mongolia to India.

What service is Black Sheep on?

Stan. It's a relatively new release so it should be easy to find. You need a pretty high tolerance for gore though. You have been warned.

mothra
Duck

Post by mothra »

Lols wrote:@ Mothra, so we have started watching Messiah and must say it’s getting intriguing!
Do you know what i mean about it delving into a question often bandied about?

I don't want to give away and spoilers but i find it an intriguing exploration in view of world events.

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo »

Someone put me onto Queen of the South ... Netflix.

It's quite good. Mexican drug cartels and the war between a drug lord and his wife ... as seen by a woman who gets caught up in it all.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Finally season 6 Grace and Frankie is here!
What I love about this show, the honesty about older age.
The wit and humour are really good.
I love Grace’s outfits, such a old hippy but tastefully so, my style is similar and I do get called a bit of a hippy :bgrin
Anyway, hurrah, season 6 is here!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Captain Nemo, I approved your post but it will be easier if you register here.

mothra
Duck

Post by mothra »

Lols wrote:Finally season 6 Grace and Frankie is here!
I love Grace’s outfits, such a old hippy but tastefully so, my style is similar and I do get called a bit of a hippy :bgrin

I love Grace and Frankie! My daughter turned me onto it a couple of years ago. So good.

And the latest season doesn't disappoint.

Rise up!

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

mothra wrote:
Lols wrote:Finally season 6 Grace and Frankie is here!

I love Grace and Frankie! My daughter turned me onto it a couple of years ago. So good.

And the latest season doesn't disappoint.

Rise up!
haha yes!

And the reality of that show, such as Grace's ex Robert, wearing a c-pap mask.
I was just reading, whilst we are in season, 6, that season 7 will be the last, and as I am so hooked on this show with such reality to it, I said to the hubby, we could watch it all again!

Now, I want to talk about a movie I watched last night on SBS, it was on late (I had trouble sleeping, with the lurgy, coughing if I lay down in bed, so I was up watching tv instead), well, it's called
To the end of the world.
Wow, it was truly a magnificent film, although in Chinese, with sub titles, filmed on the Antarctic, at the end of the show, it shows how the film crew stayed with the Chinese expedition and scientists at their base camp in Antarctica and how the film crew were having trouble adapting to the cold, but the captured images and reality of survival and how treacherous it is there, truly captured the spirit of it in the movie.

I recommend it.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Daughter and I have our Netflix night together, watching something I thought would look colourful and cheery, called AJ and the Queen.
It’s actually really good!
And lots of good wisdom in this show too.

mothra
Duck

Post by mothra »

SBS on Demand: Years and Years. Absolutely brilliant. Imagines the world over the next 10 years if we go on the way we are going.

Just knock-out television.

Emma Thompson does an extraordinary job as a populist, Hanson -type figure who gets the masses on her side ... with devastating results.

Scared the shit out of me.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Will look for that one.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

just started watching a series called 'Shameless'

it's so wrong what they get up to, but like a car crash, you just have to look.

I also watched ragnarok

the acting is absolutely pathetic, but the scenery is amazing. I watched it just for the scenery .... both of the Norweign landscapes and the naked Norweign women :yahoo :yahoo
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Best scenery, nekkid wimmen!

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

johnsmith wrote:just started watching a series called 'Shameless'

I also watched ragnarok

the acting is absolutely pathetic, but the scenery is amazing. I watched it just for the scenery .... both of the Norweign landscapes and the naked Norweign women :yahoo :yahoo
Love Shameless, the English version is the original and about the only series I've liked the American version more.. William H Macey is Brilliant (Frank)
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

mothra
Duck

Post by mothra »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:just started watching a series called 'Shameless'

I also watched ragnarok

Love Shameless, the English version is the original and about the only series I've liked the American version more.. William H Macey is Brilliant (Frank)
Absolutely agree. The US version is streets ahead ... and hilarious.

John, i watched Ragnorak too .. fucked if i can remember a thing about it so i'm pretty sure i agree with your appraisal.

Redneck
Pitbull terrier

Post by Redneck »

New season of "Better Call Saul" the follow on show using some of the "Breaking Bad" characters is now on Stan

greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus

Redneck wrote:New season of "Better Call Saul" the follow on show using some of the "Breaking Bad" characters is now on Stan
Yes.

I've watched the first two episodes.

Episode 3 is released tonight.

greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus

I watched 'Room' (on Netflix) on the weekend.

The book was fantastic, and the movie was surprisingly good too.

The young boy is a great little actor.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Two good movies that are intriguing ...

From time to time

Collateral beauty

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Okay! Another good Netflix true story about the Tucker car.

We actually saw one at a local car show last year.
It’s worth we’ll over $1mllion !!

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Just Watched "Sex Education" absolutely amazing series. Netflix English show and lots of fun... The worse part is now I have to wait a year for the next part.... Love the Mum and Almost took me the whole series to realise who she was, don't cheat and see if you can guess....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

DonDeeHippy wrote:Just Watched "Sex Education" absolutely amazing series. Netflix English show and lots of fun... The worse part is now I have to wait a year for the next part.... Love the Mum and Almost took me the whole series to realise who she was, don't cheat and see if you can guess....
I enjoyed that series. Light entertainment. XXXXX XXXXXX was brilliant.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Just finished watching a 4 part mini series called “Unorthodox”
At first I wasn’t feeling interested in this show, as it’s a true story, the acting of ‘Etsy’ is brilliant!
It really shows how Hasidic Jews were.
Glad I watched it.