The Working Class

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

The Working Class

Postby mothra » 11 Jun 2018, 19:55

mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Re: The Working Class

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jun 2018, 20:19

The working class
Can kiss my arse
I’ve found a bludger’s job at last.

Sorry, couldn’t resist!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jun 2018, 20:31

many of today's kids can only hope to join the working class.

Full time secure work is a thing of the past.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jun 2018, 20:37

johnsmith wrote:many of today's kids can only hope to join the working class.

To make things worse, many (big) employers are treating part-time (and in some cases, full-time) employees like casuals.

i.e. they cancel shifts, and reduce hours.

Things are getting so much worse.

There's a lot of things I don't like about the ALP and some Unions, but we need them back in power more than ever right now.

If Bill doesn't win the next election, we'll have WorkChoices back before you can say "John Howard is a little cunt".
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jun 2018, 20:49

greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:many of today's kids can only hope to join the working class.

To make things worse, many (big) employers are treating part-time (and in some cases, full-time) employees like casuals.

i.e. they cancel shifts, and reduce hours.

Things are getting so much worse.

There's a lot of things I don't like about the ALP and some Unions, but we need them back in power more than ever right now.

If Bill doesn't win the next election, we'll have WorkChoices back before you can say "John Howard is a little cunt".

had a few beers with an old mate of mine earlier today. He's always been a staunch lib, was very anti union, was once asked to run as a candidate for the libs. He was a corporate lawyer who hated paying his secretary her wages etc. That sort of guy, although if you can get past his politics he's a nice bloke.
The last few months his son has been unable to secure full time employment. Son is a clever guy, got a uni degree in computers (something to do with networking) and some other degree to do with high end commercial property development (don't know the exact subject). Anyway, the only work he has been able to find is a few temporary positions where they use his son for a month or two then spit him out.
Now my mate is complaining about employment in this country, and saying he's changed his mind politically, and might even vote labor were it not for Shorten (who he hates) due to the lack of secure full time employment.

I had the pleasure of reminding him that all the rights of workers that have deteriorated over the last few decades, have been because of him and others like him. Happily crying against workers benefits while he has been shielded from its effects for the last few decades, but now crying there aren't enough protections that his son is affected.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 11 Jun 2018, 20:53

I still can't understand why Shorten doesn't stand aside. Anybody else and there wouldn't even be a competition.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jun 2018, 21:04

mothra wrote:I still can't understand why Shorten doesn't stand aside. Anybody else and there wouldn't even be a competition.

ego, ambition, a life time of guaranteed perks ...... would you? After All, it's not like he's going to lose the election. And thanks to Rudds reforms, the labor party will be unable to replace him until he is ready to go.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 11 Jun 2018, 21:06

I would, yes. Self respect would dictate it.

Wong or Plibersek please.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jun 2018, 21:08

mothra wrote:I would, yes. Self respect would dictate it.

See, therein lies your problem ... anyone with any self respect would never get into politics
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 11 Jun 2018, 21:12

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I would, yes. Self respect would dictate it.

See, therein lies your problem ... anyone with any self respect would never get into politics

Ah. But of course.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jun 2018, 21:16

Labor Party does that and the press will be wall to wall “ALP Leadership tension” for months.

Nope, Bill has put a shitload of good policy out in public. That, and the Libs being a leaderless incompetent rabble will see Labor re-elected.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jun 2018, 21:20

HBS Guy wrote:Labor Party does that and the press will be wall to wall “ALP Leadership tension” for months.

why do you think murdocks cronies keep harping on about Albo being more liked. .... they'd love another leadership challenge.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jun 2018, 00:07

Yup. Gasping for one.

Libs and MSM doing “Kill Bill” all the time.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Sand Pit