Commonwealth games disgrace

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Commonwealth games disgrace

Postby johnsmith » 15 Apr 2018, 23:16

How pathetic of the Gold Coast Organising Committee to not have the athletes involved in the closing ceremony.

The excuse is that it was the broadcasters decision .. not channel 7 who had the Australian rights only, but a company called NEP Australia (I'd never heard of them previously but they apparently are big at this sort of stuff).

Beattie should hang his head in shame for agreeing to this crap.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Commonwealth games disgrace

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Apr 2018, 08:07

Wow! I hate all broadcast sport but sport is about the participants, the athletes, swimmers etc. Not to have them in the closing ceremony?????????
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 16 Apr 2018, 11:12

It was a pathetic Ceremony. Absolutely appalling from start to finish. Weak as piss.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 17 Apr 2018, 10:19

Closing Ceremony: Peter Beattie Unreservedly Apologises To All 43 Attendees

Commonwealth Games Chairman Peter Beattie has spoken to each of the eighteen families who attended last night’s closing ceremony, apologising for the sub-standard event.

The attendees included forty-two sponsors and a guy named Robert.

“I spoke to Robert today,” Mr Beattie confirmed. “I thanked him for coming to the ceremony, in particular the first twenty minutes before he left”.

The closing ceremony was beamed to a potential global television audience of 1.5 billion and an actual television audience of 583.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/04/16/closing-ceremony-peter-beattie-unreservedly-apologises-to-all-43-attendees/
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 17 Apr 2018, 12:27

mothra wrote:Closing Ceremony: Peter Beattie Unreservedly Apologises To All 43 Attendees

Commonwealth Games Chairman Peter Beattie has spoken to each of the eighteen families who attended last night’s closing ceremony, apologising for the sub-standard event.

The attendees included forty-two sponsors and a guy named Robert.

“I spoke to Robert today,” Mr Beattie confirmed. “I thanked him for coming to the ceremony, in particular the first twenty minutes before he left”.

The closing ceremony was beamed to a potential global television audience of 1.5 billion and an actual television audience of 583.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/04/16/closing-ceremony-peter-beattie-unreservedly-apologises-to-all-43-attendees/

Last Friday night the ball and chain and I were tossing up whether to spend $1000 to go to the closing ceremony .... in the end we decided not to go, and I'm sure glad we didn't. I would have been mightily pissed of if I'd spent $1000 for that substandard performance .
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Return to Off Topic