Food for though about the Israeli-Palestine Issue

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Food for though about the Israeli-Palestine Issue

Postby Auggie » 13 Apr 2018, 16:39

It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

spamone: Animal

Re: Food for though about the Israeli-Palestine Issue

Postby mothra » 13 Apr 2018, 20:26

mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Apr 2018, 22:17

Bit of brain food there!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 14 Apr 2018, 10:35

It could be the Israeli- Palestinian issue will come to a head soon and be resolved, after the majority in the area are wiped out. It looks to me like Israel has boxed itself in and is losing the support of everyone, even the USA. It's never ending lies and genocidal actions, do nothing for it's representation and we may see Iran Syria and Russia take on the jews.

It's an inevitable outcome, the timing is the one obscure link to Israels demise, but it is getting very close. When it happens, we may see the entire middle east blow up in a nuclear confrontation. It will be israel who will probably be the first to use nukes, they have the no ethics or rationale, just ideological insanity and the quicker it happens, the quicker the planet will return to some form of sanity.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby Auggie » 16 Apr 2018, 21:41

mothra wrote:

Ok, so I've watched the video.

First, I agree that the West bank settlements are a barrier to peace.

Second, the journalist isn't clear on whether he thinks Israel is an apartheid state, but he was leaning toward it not being one.

Do you think that Israel is an apartheid state?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby mothra » 16 Apr 2018, 21:52

CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:

Second, the journalist isn't clear on whether he thinks Israel is an apartheid state, but he was leaning toward it not being one.

Miss the part where Fisk said it was irrelevant what you call it?

After he had properly defined apartheid and stated that technically, Israel qualifies?
mothra
Duck

Postby Auggie » 16 Apr 2018, 22:04

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:

Miss the part where Fisk said it was irrelevant what you call it?

After he had properly defined apartheid and stated that technically, Israel qualifies?

Ok, so I'm willing to concede that he said it was.

Now, I've taken the time to watch your video. Would you do me the courtesy of watching all of the ones I've posted, and then comment respectively. Note the final video.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 16 Apr 2018, 22:23

Dax wrote:It could be the Israeli- Palestinian issue will come to a head soon and be resolved, after the majority in the area are wiped out. It looks to me like Israel has boxed itself in and is losing the support of everyone, even the USA. It's never ending lies and genocidal actions, do nothing for it's representation and we may see Iran Syria and Russia take on the jews.

It's an inevitable outcome, the timing is the one obscure link to Israels demise, but it is getting very close. When it happens, we may see the entire middle east blow up in a nuclear confrontation. It will be israel who will probably be the first to use nukes, they have the no ethics or rationale, just ideological insanity and the quicker it happens, the quicker the planet will return to some form of sanity.

Genocidal actions?? Evidence.

Funny that you didn't mention that Iran has threatened to exterminate Israel.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby mothra » 16 Apr 2018, 23:35

CaesarAugustus wrote:Ok, so I'm willing to concede that he said it was.

Now, I've taken the time to watch your video. Would you do me the courtesy of watching all of the ones I've posted, and then comment respectively. Note the final video.

I fear, once again, you have not properly considered what has been put to you.

I have told you; i watched the first few minutes of the first video. I found it pitched uncomfortably beneath the standard of information on the issue that i have already consumed. Furthermore, i found it offensively erroeous.

I posted an interview with arguably one of the most knowledgeable Middle Eastern chroniclers of some years that addressed every point raised in the video from you and threw them out the window.

Now you want to quibble about whether the word apartheid is valid? After i have already hinted strongly that i consider that irrelevant? As did Fisk? It's like spending your energy on the wrong thing man.

You get really caught up on labels, Augie. At the expense of examination into what the labels are covering.
mothra
Duck

Postby Dax » 17 Apr 2018, 07:38

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Dax wrote:It could be the Israeli- Palestinian issue will come to a head soon and be resolved, after the majority in the area are wiped out. It looks to me like Israel has boxed itself in and is losing the support of everyone, even the USA. It's never ending lies and genocidal actions, do nothing for it's representation and we may see Iran Syria and Russia take on the jews.

Genocidal actions?? Evidence.

Funny that you didn't mention that Iran has threatened to exterminate Israel.

Palestine, is a growing example.

Iran wiping our israel sounds good to me, if they try, we may see two moronic deranged religious states wiped out and it couldn't come fast enough for the planets future.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby Auggie » 17 Apr 2018, 15:18

mothra wrote:I fear, once again, you have not properly considered what has been put to you.

Could you please reiterate 'what' has been put to me?

mothra wrote:I found it pitched uncomfortably beneath the standard of information on the issue that i have already consumed. Furthermore, i found it offensively erroeous.

Please elaborate on both points. And how was it 'offensively' erroneous?

mothra wrote:I posted an interview with arguably one of the most knowledgeable Middle Eastern chroniclers of some years that addressed every point raised in the video from you and threw them out the window.

Please list the respective points and how they 'throw them out of the window'.

mothra wrote:Now you want to quibble about whether the word apartheid is valid? After i have already hinted strongly that i consider that irrelevant? As did Fisk? It's like spending your energy on the wrong thing man.

So, what? Apartheid is just an absolutist term for 'discrimination'?? Apartheid symbolises something more than just the institutionalised oppression of a minority?? What about the word 'fascist'?? Can I just throw that term around about someone who disagrees with me?

mothra wrote:You get really caught up on labels, Augie. At the expense of examination into what the labels are covering.

Labels are important, Mothra. You seem to be caught up on labels like 'superior' and 'inferior' (when in actual fact they were absolutist expressions of good and bad), but now you don't seem so caught up on it??

Is it intellectually honest for me to call you a communist just because you hold some left-wing views?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 17 Apr 2018, 15:21

Dax wrote:Palestine, is a growing example.

Terms are important, and apparently need clarification.

When you say 'genocide' are you referring to the actual definition of genocide as perpetrated by the Nazis (and earlier by the Ottomans), or are you simply just using the word to refer to the killing of innocent civilians??

Don't forget that an important part of genocide is the 'systematic murder of a group of people based on their race, ethnicity or nation'. Can you cite relevant examples of the 'systemization' of such murder??
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Dax » 17 Apr 2018, 16:24

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Dax wrote:Palestine, is a growing example.

Terms are important, and apparently need clarification.

When you say 'genocide' are you referring to the actual definition of genocide as perpetrated by the Nazis (and earlier by the Ottomans), or are you simply just using the word to refer to the killing of innocent civilians??

Don't forget that an important part of genocide is the 'systematic murder of a group of people based on their race, ethnicity or nation'. Can you cite relevant examples of the 'systemization' of such murder??

What's the difference if you're wiping out a certain community with the aim of taking over, that's genocide in my opinion. As for the christian Nazi's, you need to do a bit of study and if so, yo may find that those behind the forced removal and extermination of jews and others who didn't fit into the christian nazi plans, is no different to any other genocidal action.

How many historical example do you want, or do you have a short memory for convenience. Lest start close to home, with the genocide attempts round Aus and in particular the almost complete genocide of Tasmanian indigenous. Then there was the Maori's, Africans, Sth Americans, North Americans and Canadian Indians, Next we have the Japanese attempts against the chinese. Today we have the jews determined to wipe out Palestinians, Turkeys attempts to wipe out Kurds and the Rohyngas, being wiped out by Buddhists and the chinese attempts to wipe out various ethic groups within the borders. The list is endless and all carried out by religious ideological nutters.

Terms are only important if you rely upon semantic interpretations to make your point, because you have nothing else to support it.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby Auggie » 17 Apr 2018, 17:46

Dax wrote:What's the difference if you're wiping out a certain community with the aim of taking over, that's genocide in my opinion. As for the christian Nazi's, you need to do a bit of study and if so, yo may find that those behind the forced removal and extermination of jews and others who didn't fit into the christian nazi plans, is no different to any other genocidal action.

Ok, you're right, let's not get caught up in semantics here.

You forgot to mention about how Palestinians have been sending suicide bombers to Israel, and killing innocent civilians? Or how the Arab nations in the 60s invaded Israel with the aim of wiping out the Jews.

I'm not saying that the State of Israel is perfect, and they have committed war crimes, but the Palestinians also have their fair share of blood of innocents on their hands. What I'm saying is that to compare Israel's treatment of Palestinians as being akin to the Holocaust is intellectually dishonest, and frankly diminishes the severity and suffering of the Holocaust.

Let's get a little perspective here, shall we?

Dax wrote:How many historical example do you want, or do you have a short memory for convenience. Lest start close to home, with the genocide attempts round Aus and in particular the almost complete genocide of Tasmanian indigenous. Then there was the Maori's, Africans, Sth Americans, North Americans and Canadian Indians, Next we have the Japanese attempts against the chinese. Today we have the jews determined to wipe out Palestinians, Turkeys attempts to wipe out Kurds and the Rohyngas, being wiped out by Buddhists and the chinese attempts to wipe out various ethic groups within the borders. The list is endless and all carried out by religious ideological nutters.

Yes, and the Africans committed genocide on each other, didn't they? What about the warring tribes of North America? Or the Chinese kingdoms at various stages of its history? Yes, everyone's been killing each other since the year dot. So, what now? Let's change the definition of murder to genocide???
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 17 Apr 2018, 19:37

Mothra???
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 21 Apr 2018, 12:43

Mothra, I’d really like your opinion on this issue. I’m open to having my mind changed on them.

It would kindly ask that you comment on the videos and explain why you don’t like them.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Dax » 21 Apr 2018, 13:01

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Dax wrote:What's the difference if you're wiping out a certain community with the aim of taking over, that's genocide in my opinion. As for the christian Nazi's, you need to do a bit of study and if so, yo may find that those behind the forced removal and extermination of jews and others who didn't fit into the christian nazi plans, is no different to any other genocidal action.

You forgot to mention about how Palestinians have been sending suicide bombers to Israel, and killing innocent civilians? Or how the Arab nations in the 60s invaded Israel with the aim of wiping out the Jews.

I'm not saying that the State of Israel is perfect, and they have committed war crimes, but the Palestinians also have their fair share of blood of innocents on their hands. What I'm saying is that to compare Israel's treatment of Palestinians as being akin to the Holocaust is intellectually dishonest, and frankly diminishes the severity and suffering of the Holocaust.

Dax wrote:How many historical example do you want, or do you have a short memory for convenience. Lest start close to home, with the genocide attempts round Aus and in particular the almost complete genocide of Tasmanian indigenous. Then there was the Maori's, Africans, Sth Americans, North Americans and Canadian Indians, Next we have the Japanese attempts against the chinese. Today we have the jews determined to wipe out Palestinians, Turkeys attempts to wipe out Kurds and the Rohyngas, being wiped out by Buddhists and the chinese attempts to wipe out various ethic groups within the borders. The list is endless and all carried out by religious ideological nutters.

Yes, and the Africans committed genocide on each other, didn't they? What about the warring tribes of North America? Or the Chinese kingdoms at various stages of its history? Yes, everyone's been killing each other since the year dot. So, what now? Let's change the definition of murder to genocide???

The moronic jews started the genocidal war in the middle east when they violently invaded and took over, they can't even stick to the UN borders they agreed upon and continue taking land from the Arabs.

African indigenous have been around for 70000 years and have not wiped each other out, the god nutter drop licks haver been round less than 2000 years and are close to wiping out everything. If you support that form if insanity, then you rate along side the worst form of humans in existence. I support nothing ideologies of all persuasions claim or do, they are all insane and well past the evolutionary use by date.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby Auggie » 23 Apr 2018, 18:53

Dax wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

The moronic jews started the genocidal war in the middle east when they violently invaded and took over, they can't even stick to the UN borders they agreed upon and continue taking land from the Arabs.

African indigenous have been around for 70000 years and have not wiped each other out, the god nutter drop licks haver been round less than 2000 years and are close to wiping out everything. If you support that form if insanity, then you rate along side the worst form of humans in existence. I support nothing ideologies of all persuasions claim or do, they are all insane and well past the evolutionary use by date.

Dax, it's not as straightforward as that. The Jews were granted a homeland after WW2 (primarily due to Holocaust). This did I result, I concede, in the loss of much land by the original settlers there, although some did stay.

Second, you've failed to mention the fact that the surrounding Arab countries invaded Israel. The Israelis would've stuck to the borders had those countries not invaded.

I don't support all the policies of Israel - settlements in the West Bank are unacceptable and should not happen. It's also true that many Arab nations do not support Israel being a Jewish State.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 23 Apr 2018, 19:09

CaesarAugustus wrote:Second, you've failed to mention the fact that the surrounding Arab countries invaded Israel

in the 60's? and the jews are still on occupied land nearly 60yrs later? Jewish army should move back behind the original borders drawn up by the UN at the end of WWII and leave any settlers who refuse to move to their own devices. Most of the arab incursions since then have been about reclaiming that occupied land.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 23 Apr 2018, 19:35

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:Second, you've failed to mention the fact that the surrounding Arab countries invaded Israel

in the 60's? and the jews are still on occupied land nearly 60yrs later? Jewish army should move back behind the original borders drawn up by the UN at the end of WWII and leave any settlers who refuse to move to their own devices. Most of the arab incursions since then have been about reclaiming that occupied land.

If you were the leader of Israel, would you take that chance??
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Dax » 23 Apr 2018, 20:49

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Dax wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

Dax, it's not as straightforward as that. The Jews were granted a homeland after WW2 (primarily due to Holocaust). This did I result, I concede, in the loss of much land by the original settlers there, although some did stay.

Second, you've failed to mention the fact that the surrounding Arab countries invaded Israel. The Israelis would've stuck to the borders had those countries not invaded.

I don't support all the policies of Israel - settlements in the West Bank are unacceptable and should not happen. It's also true that many Arab nations do not support Israel being a Jewish State.

Les get a few things right eh, the jews invaded and slaughtered allied troops and as many of the population as they could, before calling for a cease fire when the Brits and USA said they would take them out. As the jews controlled the UN at the time, they came to an agreement which did not include the Palestinians that the jews could keep the land they had all ready taken.

The Arab nations invaded the occupied territory, because the jews were pushing further into their lands. The jews still own the worlds media, Murdoch is a great example/ So the majority of the news, is heavily biased and censored by management policy, This is so their message gets out and not the truth.

By the way, I don't believe any of our defence forces should be in the northern hemisphere, they should be concentrating on our area and the creeping chinese take over. Let them work out their own problems, we've got enough of our own down this way.
Dax
Feral cat

Postby johnsmith » 23 Apr 2018, 20:56

CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

are we still attacking japan because of what they did?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 23 Apr 2018, 21:09

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

No because they've pretty much been militarily occupied by the Americans since WW2. Same with Germany.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 23 Apr 2018, 21:12

Dax wrote:Les get a few things right eh, the jews invaded and slaughtered allied troops and as many of the population as they could, before calling for a cease fire when the Brits and USA said they would take them out.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Dax wrote:As the jews controlled the UN at the time, they came to an agreement which did not include the Palestinians that the jews could keep the land they had all ready taken.

Dax wrote:The jews still own the worlds media, Murdoch is a great example/ So the majority of the news, is heavily biased and censored by management policy, This is so their message gets out and not the truth.

Hmmm. This has a whiff of anti-semitism to it. I don't like it.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 23 Apr 2018, 22:59

CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

No because they've pretty much been militarily occupied by the Americans since WW2. Same with Germany.

no they're not. The us has bases on the Okinawa'n islands, over 600km from the japanese mainland. Even the US doesn't claim the bases as US land, they are on the bases with the permission of the japanese govt. and that permission can be withdrawn whenever Japan wants. A very different deal to the Jews in the occupied lands.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Next

Return to Politics