Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Apr 2018, 02:42

Aussie wrote:Night time crossing of the Tasman Sea! Fark that!

Bass Strait, Aussie—I didn’t buy land i NZ! :jump
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 10 Apr 2018, 09:08

Bass Straight not part of the Tasman Sea?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Apr 2018, 09:35

Don’t think so.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 10 Apr 2018, 13:47

HBS Guy wrote:Don’t think so.

Link.

Differing views of location and context

Some authorities consider the strait to be part of the Pacific Ocean[2] as in the never-approved 2002 IHO Limits of Oceans and Seas draft. In the currently in-force IHO 1953 draft, it is instead listed as part of the Indian Ocean.[1]

The Australian Hydrographic Service does not consider it to be part of the Southern Ocean, using the expanded Australian definition, and states that it lies with the Tasman Sea.[3] The strait between the Furneaux Islands and Tasmania is Banks Strait, a subdivision of Bass Strait.

:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Apr 2018, 14:18

Your pedantic soul is happy for the moment?

Tasman Sea—between Aust & NZ I thought.

I should have recorded the snoring. Truly—it was awesome!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 10 Apr 2018, 14:42

Can't stand snorers. TIB reckons I snore but what would she know. I don't, so there.

:c
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Apr 2018, 14:50

My sister and I taped Dad snoring one day. He wouldn’t believe that was him! :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 10 Apr 2018, 14:55

had an ex who's mum used to snore that loud that she used to wake herself up.... now that's quiet an achievement in my books
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Apr 2018, 15:21

That happened to the really really loud snorer on the way to Tassie. Of course, I got fuck all sleep. Need ear plugs for sure.

Of course, yesterday morning I got my revenge: my iPhone had fallen from my bunk onto the bunk below. 5.30am happens—my daily alarm goes off and woke them all up by the time I found the phone and turned the alarm off! Ha! (Ferry didn’t even reach Melbourne until 7.00am so they lost an hour and a half sleep. Fuck’em, I lost so much sleep I had to pull over for a “power nap” which did work, surprisingly.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 10 Apr 2018, 18:25

HBS Guy wrote:I had to pull over for a “power nap” which did work, surprisingly.

power naps work great .... even a 2 minute nap in the afternoon makes a huge difference for me. I don't often get more than that anyway.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Apr 2018, 18:55

I was finding my eyes starting to close. . .scared the shit out of me. Stopped at one lay by, no shade, tried to nap but hopeless so drove on to Bordertown where I knew, from the previous trip to Tassie, there was plenty deep shade. Napped, walked the dog, drank a lot of water—bladder pressure kept me awake the rest of the way home.

Did NOT buy lots of coffee or “doubleshot expresso” flavored milks—lot of caffeine on top of tiredness = uh oh!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Apr 2018, 12:11

Raining in Tassie, doing my garden a lot of good, I hope!

Fruit tree orders open in less than one hour, finally!

Will order some more fruit trees—part of the learning curve, 2 cider apple trees I had bought are crap and I had decided to increase my “orchard” from 8 to 12 cider apple trees and I was going to replace my Kentish with Morello, now keeping the Kentish, buying another Early Burlat and another Napoleon cherry tree. 6 cherry trees in all, yum!

The cherry trees I bought last year will bear from next year: dwarf cherry trees bear in 3 years.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Apr 2018, 12:43

Extra fruit trees ordered and paid for.

I will have four Yarlington Mill cider apples. I bought two.

What?

Aha! YM tend to be biannual. So plant two YM trees a year apart, get an even crop and good amount of YM cider each year. So I will buy two more YM trees next year.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 11 Apr 2018, 12:50

Where are the photos???
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Apr 2018, 16:59

Yarlington Mill apple:

There you go, a photo!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 11 Apr 2018, 17:09

Aussie wrote:Where are the photos???

what is it with you and photo's? :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 11 Apr 2018, 17:21

johnsmith wrote:
Aussie wrote:Where are the photos???

what is it with you and photo's? :grn

I wanna see!
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 11 Apr 2018, 17:28

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I had to pull over for a “power nap” which did work, surprisingly.

power naps work great .... even a 2 minute nap in the afternoon makes a huge difference for me. I don't often get more than that anyway.

I can't do it. I always wake up with this taste in mouth. Don't like it. Mouthwash doesn't even sort it.
mothra
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Apr 2018, 17:32

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I can't do it. I always wake up with this taste in mouth. Don't like it. Mouthwash doesn't even sort it.

try snoozing with your mouth closed next time .............. so you don't sample that cockroach milk while you sleep
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 11 Apr 2018, 17:35

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

try snoozing with your mouth closed next time .............. so you don't sample that cockroach milk while you sleep

Cockroach milk maybe?
mothra
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Apr 2018, 17:36

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Cockroach milk maybe?

you'd enjoy that :clap :clap
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 11 Apr 2018, 17:38

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Cockroach milk maybe?

Well, as i keep telling Gordy (but he can't accept it), i'm not a vegan.
mothra
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Apr 2018, 17:45

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Cockroach milk maybe?

Well, as i keep telling Gordy (but he can't accept it), i'm not a vegan.

Gordy is simply projecting himself onto others
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 11 Apr 2018, 17:47

johnsmith wrote:

You honestly think he's that complex?
mothra
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Apr 2018, 18:05

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

You honestly think he's that complex?

not the word i would have used
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit