Winx the Magnificent

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Winx the Magnificent

Postby pinkeye » 11 Aug 2018, 23:27

Sprintcyclist wrote:I think she is #1 in the world

Well looking at some of the data that has come up here, by posters with an interest, I wouldn't dream of denying that.

Magnificent.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Cherie » 12 Aug 2018, 23:35

Is Winx bigger than Makybe Diva now- ? I used to follow horses but haven't been for a while now- I never saw Makybe but she has a statue erected to her in Port Lincoln- its beautiful- I just read that Makybe died in 2013- skull fracture - I didnt even know :sad she was a clever girl

Honor to God.

Loyalty to the Country Woman's Association.
Cherie
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 13 Aug 2018, 01:44

The same as Makybediva…?

No.

Its like apples and oranges. Makybediva was an utter freak at distance races. The greatest I've ever seen.
When it comes to the Cups, she is a standalone freak. In recent racing history, Ethereal, who won two straight comes close. (Caulfield/Melbourne Cup)

Winx doesn't run at those stayer distances, but she is incredibly versatile, and probably could win a Caulfield or Melbourne Cup, she is that good. But her owners and trainer are nurturing her. She could go on undefeated for years, barring bad luck, always a factor.

I love horses, but I don't necessarily love the Racing Industry.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Cherie » 13 Aug 2018, 02:35

pinkeye wrote:The same as Makybediva…?

No.

Its like apples and oranges. Makybediva was an utter freak at distance races. The greatest I've ever seen.
When it comes to the Cups, she is a standalone freak. In recent racing history, Ethereal, who won two straight comes close. (Caulfield/Melbourne Cup)

Winx doesn't run at those stayer distances, but she is incredibly versatile, and probably could win a Caulfield or Melbourne Cup, she is that good. But her owners and trainer are nurturing her. She could go on undefeated for years, barring bad luck, always a factor.
[u]
I love horses, but I don't necessarily love the Racing Industry
[/u].

Same and I am sorry I stopped taking any notice because of it- I have missed out on a lot esp Maykybe Diva and Im now missing out on Winx- but now tuning back in- where i live commercial tv so bad - not worth having- and i miss out on all the racing because of it- channel 7 streams it live i think- will have to check that out-
Honor to God.

Loyalty to the Country Woman's Association.
Cherie
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 16 Aug 2018, 23:26

same here. I don't want to go to the local to watch... Winx will race on Saturday.

Reports from the stable says all is great with the magnificent Winx. :bgrin

Guess I'll have to buy the paper and check out the field. Could look on-line, but it annoys me because I will not pay.

Yeah was really enjoying the Seven Coverage of the Racing Carnivals, but that stopped ….. Seven sponsored The Queensland Winter Racing, BUT NEVER PUT IT TO AIR. Don't know why. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Previous

Return to Off Topic