Gardening

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Gardening

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jun 2018, 10:33

I would love to be buried under my apple trees, assuming one of my family would inherit and move into my house. Even if they replaced cider apples with desert apples. Or have my ashes scattered around a cherry tree.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jun 2018, 14:30

Bought two books:

Mycorrhizal Planet

The Apple Grower

Both by Michael Phillips.

Since I can’t do anything in Tassie this year I can edumacate mesel’, eh?

90% of trees will apples and pears, might add a quince if I can find room, a crabapple or two ditto.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 14 Jun 2018, 15:05

HBS Guy wrote:Bought two books:

Mycorrhizal Planet

The Apple Grower

Both by Michael Phillips.

Since I can’t do anything in Tassie this year I can edumacate mesel’, eh?

90% of trees will apples and pears, might add a quince if I can find room, a crabapple or two ditto.

put in a fig .... and I mean a real fig tree that produces figs........ not that crappy useless things you aussies call a fig and whose only purpose is to block or break water pipes.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jun 2018, 15:43

Yeah yeah and a lemon tree ana peach tree . . .just let me buy another hectare. . .
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jun 2018, 16:53

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 14 Jun 2018, 17:48

don't do that to me :mad . My stomach is doing backflips. I love figs. Had three fig trees in the backyard growing up. Two green one black. Black tastes better but either one will do me.

The ones you buy at the shop are flavourless crap.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jun 2018, 18:16

OK, will try and fit a genoa fig tree in somewhere.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Previous

Return to Off Topic