PM Rudd Mk 2

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: PM Rudd Mk 2

Postby MudGuts » 21 Jul 2013, 23:17

you keep mentioning all the social media that I have been banned from for pointing out their staff are an absolute liability to any quality system!

Mind you.. at the other end of the spectrum..Aussie sex chat got a bit boring after ten minutes (they really are a single issue social medium..men talking about their hopeful athletic ability).

Reg.. let me guess.. You fuck for three hours but cant prepare wheat bix..

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT???

Ive been on this chat for five minutes and have been waiting for something unique to be said..

Yeah, but the wheat bic.. How did you know?

Its aussie sexchat.. I am wondering how you survived long enough to become a googlespert on breathing.

Theres a wiki on it..

It a stub Reg..

Gotta go, I need ventolin..

choking hazards do not give me any boner so I left for a scocial medium that is truly unique..NZ alien deniers..
Don't worry, God already saw you on the toilet
MudGuts
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Jul 2013, 23:25

I use Wordpress for my blogs (polanimal.com.au/wp) never had much time for facebook (other than as a way to exchange info with nieces etc) till I set up http://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfTheNat ... andNetwork and lately haven’t spent much time on twitter other than to argue with an anti–abortionist who didn’t care to think about backyard abortions taking off again until I called her an evil fucking bitch when she blocked me :bgrin FFS, banning only bans relatively safe activities.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MudGuts » 21 Jul 2013, 23:49

Are you trying to give us DIY terminators a bad name??

I never used the backyard!
MudGuts
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Jul 2013, 10:18

Not al fresco? :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Jul 2013, 11:13

Oaky not happy with changes being mooted to education by Rudd follower and now Higher Edu Mnister Kim Carr:

http://roboakeshott.com/node/1715
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jul 2013, 10:27

Rudd has announced an increase in refugee intake to 27,000. That should take care of those on the left upset by Manus Is. Time to talk economy, jobs, education.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MudGuts » 25 Jul 2013, 23:03

We are faced with 2 psychopaths..

One has sexy fingers (every thing he touches gets fucked)..

Ive met Abbot aND He Ha problems... big time

Julia Augusta is now remebered as a great PM in the wake..

PS.. Mr Abbott has the constitutional claim to PM since June...He is gutless
MudGuts
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Jul 2013, 23:17

Yup, both are fucking mad. Religious—worshipping themselves more like!

That is why I decided not to vote this election, want no part of any of this.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby ele » 26 Jul 2013, 07:18

I don't know what to think. I feel concerned by the apparent toughness of the policy, but on the other hand, I can see it might stop people dying in small boats run by people smugglers.

I have a feeling people may have expected more apparent humanity from Labor on this issue. I think the decision needs to be, at least for a short time, sold not only on the basis of stopping people smuggling but in terms of relieving suffering of people waiting in camps and not queue jumping - with some visuals and some sound from the people themselves.

I also wonder about the possibility of releasing mothers,their female children under 16, and their male children under 13 into the community on temporary protection visas while their application for asylum is assessed. Adult men (one group) and women and children under 18 remaining could be housed in separate but co-joint facilities- with specified shared areas on a daily basis- say from 10-4- the option of returning to their own secure area, and the requirement to be in the secure area at other times. Boys up to 19 could be allowed to apply to be in either area on the basis of need, and women and children could apply for particular boys to be moved to the other area.

What do you guys think of this idea? Labor can have it free of charge... :)
ele
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jul 2013, 11:51

Families should be kept together. For the policy to work there must be no exemptions. . .that is heartless and cruel but is what is needed to stop drownings.

Greens policy is idiotic. Australia is near the limit of sustainability yet the Greens would fly in whoever makes it to Indo? No upper limit given, no indication if some upper limit is reached. Children playing at politics, bah!

Libs talk of TPVs—that meant the boats became crowded with wives and children of ASs already here on TPVs and thus not eligible for family reunions. That is what TPVs did, plus make the lives of those on TPVs unbearable as they never knew when they would be deported as non–genuine refugee. TPVs did not deter a single AS!

The other problem is those who come here by boats had the money to fly to Indo and pay a people smuggler. . .or the credit to do so, to start paying off the people smugglers once here and working. People really stuck without hope in refugee camps in Asia, Africa have no chance of ever getting out of those camps.

In another generation environmental refugees will be arriving here in droves.

“Fuck off, we’re full” is as childish as Greens policy. We are a huge, sparsely populated land. This sort of crass crap is a heritage of the 12 years of Howardism, along with huge private sector debts—we had better prudential regulation than Greece, Ireland etc else we too might be in serious economic trouble from the same reason—right wing governments starting a huge housing boom! Then too the bank guarantees on banks’ borrowings and deposits, while imposing some hardship on frozen investment accounts, meant none of our banks fell over unlike the Bank of Scotland or the Irish banks! What might have happened if the Libs had won in 2007 does not bear thinking about!

We are also about to have an election within 3 months. A Liberal win does not bear thinking about—the austerity they want to bring in, their jingoistic AS policy which would severely damage our relations with Indonesia, our large near neighbor.

Personally, I think Rudd should have left this area alone—the more you talk about ASs the more the Coalition wins. The Christians involved, Catholic Abbott and happy clappy Morriscum, will always be more cruel than anything Labor can come up with.

Assuming the Manus Isl processing centre gets built quickly and all future boat people get sent there then ASs becomes neutralised as an election issue. How cynical is that? Two god botherers in charge of both main parties and this is what we end up with. Maybe after the election, if Rudd wins, something sensible and fair can be worked out.

None of this makes Australia look good. At best we are better than the Spanish, Italians and Greeks, christian nations all, who push boats out of their waters and don’t care if the occupants drown.

A christian:
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jul 2013, 12:33

Bit more on the Greens:

Senator Milne said both parties had forgotten that asylum seekers were people.
''We need to change our attitude here, deterrence does not work.''

She said a regional agreement worked out through diplomacy was needed to find safer pathways to Australia for asylum seekers in Indonesia.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... z2a747JmUY

ASs in Indonesia? That all the Greens are concerned about? What about people stuck in camps for years without the funds to get on planes unlike the ASs who get on the boats? Are they all real refugees to be helped to come to Australia? No numbers, you will note—40m refugees ATM worldwide, are we supposed to take them all?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jul 2013, 12:40

Andrew Elder:
Regional solutions offer the best hope for legitimate, sustainable outcomes for refugees and refuge-providers. Tub-thumping populism within individual countries works for nobody, and looking wistfully to one international agreement while disdaining others is ridiculous.

Crusty old sailors are belittled when their training and equipment is diverted by politicians to beat up hapless asylum-seekers as invading armies, as threats to our border security and our social security more broadly. The Royal Australian Navy is already finding it difficult to crew submarines and other ships. This task will become harder as the perception grows that being in today's Navy basically involves confronting hundreds of wretched people and being able to do very little for them. . . .

Operation Sovereign Borders takes one of the greatest prizes in politics - the benefit of the doubt - and denies it to Scott Morrison, to Tony Abbott, and to the Liberal/National/LNP/CLP candidate in your electorate. It gives the benefit of the doubt to Kevin Rudd. His PNG solution agreement thing was as hastily slapped-together as the Howard-Downer Nauru solution shower, and the Gillard-Bowen brainwaves over East Timor and Malaysia. It's appalling in its conception and no doubt ill-considered in its execution. But by comparison with OpSoB . . . it stands as a mighty rock before the riven agencies and flaky planning Abbott has dished up. . . .

We saw what happened when Rudd abandoned "the greatest moral challenge of our time" and when Gillard gave into a fixed-price carbon tax. Rudd's PNG deal cannot and will not be sustained, even though much appears to depend on it. In that deal is his best hope for re-election but also the seeds of his final political demise.

Like Nixon in 1972, Rudd will easily account for an opponent who's the darling of his base but who can't see or reach beyond it, even when it matters and everything's at stake. Like Nixon in and after 1972, Rudd will be busy over the next two years or so meeting with both triumph and disaster, and treating those impostors just the same. Those who follow Rudd and Abbott as leaders of their respective parties will come to distance themselves from them, but for now the contest between these two awful, complicated and inadequate men remains compelling.

http://andrewelder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... rvice.html

That last sentence is awful with the despair in it! Poor fellow my country! I am resolute about not even voting this election!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MudGuts » 26 Jul 2013, 22:35

No this is media appeal vs old media appeal..the spleen is still the spleen and the grammatical challenged is still inept.

Note that Chris Pyne has been shut out...
MudGuts
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jul 2013, 09:37

Abbott wants it to be a Presidential campaign which is odd as he is not liked or approved of. Only rigged polls (NewsPoll, Nielsen—just look at the games they played, putting Labor votes in “Other” and, in Nielsen’s case, stacking some Labor votes in the Greens then when Gillard was gone—those votes magically went to Labor!

The buffoon Hockey is out there, saying they will use their own dodgy figures (unspoken: until Costello tells us what we told him to tell us so we can break all promises and impose austerity.) Morriscum too. But not Christopher Pain even tho Gonski is being sold hard at the moment. Now is not a good time to have kids in public schools if these doctrinaire idiots win govt!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 03 Aug 2013, 08:05

Abbott has decided to match Rudd's proposed school funding, but without strings attached. It's amazing how these politicians from both parties can throw money around like confetti. They'll promise anything to get to the trough.

With Rudd's proposed budget costs to match Abbott's - every last drop of cash is being squeezed out of most Australians.

The cost of the PNG solution is another very heavy burden for taxpayers. A couple of billion over 3 years just to PNG alone, then there's the cost of staff, food, basic infrastructure etc. I doubt even that's the real figure. There are dentists, doctors and health workers to add to the list.

As an example - a family minus the father arrives on Christmas Island two days before Rudd announces his PNG solution. The father arrives the day after the announcement. He goes to PNG, but she's too sick and wants to stay here to access our hospitals. They have no hope of getting together again. Now we have another single mother and her children to support and she's sick. No doubt this scenario has been repeated thousands of times in the last few years.

In the last day or so - two detainees from PNG have been flown back to the mainland for medical treatment. How many asylum seekers will be getting sick and flown back here on private planes to access medical treatment in the future?

As much as I believe we should help genuine refugees - the cash this is costing is severely compromising our standard of living to the point where many Australians can't afford the very basics in life, but yet we're so generous with ensuring that asylum seekers have access to anything they need. The political parties don't give a stuff. Our hospitals are overcrowded and underfunded already, yet more and more people daily are accessing it. First in first served. Even in Victoria - there aren't enough baby cots and they're being flown to SA for treatment.

The world's gone mad. Not only have we become the dumping ground for cheap foreign rubbish, we are now the dumping ground for the world's displaced people who we are forced to support as an added burden.

I'm sick of both parties. Is there any point having a wasteful government of any persuasion? Then we have to fork out for the state government and our councils. Three useless layers of government spending like drunken sailors and doing next to nothing for us.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby mantra » 03 Aug 2013, 08:12

With all of the above - then there is this from Penny Wong.

However, she said Australia's spending on foreign aid in dollar amounts, and as a percentage of its gross national income, would continue to grow despite the cuts, and the aid budget would reach $5.7 billion in 2013-14, the country's largest aid budget in history.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... z2aqmigoFs
mantra
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2013, 08:33

It is a great pity the bloody Greens would not work with the govt on a regional processing centre. Like the Libs they want BOATS to keep coming for party–political reasons (suck a few more left votes from Labor.)

Now they face a huge decline in support—the little bit they picked up will leave soon enough. At the election they will lose Ludlam, their one good Senator which will hasten their decline. As far as I am concerned—they can’t depart the scene quick enough!

But the spending on ASs is not that huge, in view of the yearly $400Bn spend!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Aug 2013, 17:21

today. A group not easily impressed and not Rudd fans said today he campaigned for the first time, gave a good stump speech and appeared a lot more fired up.

I did somewhere here suggest he may have been trying an Obama—start rather indifferently then rev up and overtake. Better rev up sharpis, Kevvy—3 weeks to go!

Defend the Gillard govt—which he did for the first time

Use her policy work for the election

Call the PPL a tax, hammer this everyday! Emphasise it is a huge middleclass welfare measure, not a workplace measure.

Lots of policy, confuse Tone who looks quite ill.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby ele » 21 Aug 2013, 21:16

Rud ddid very well at the towenhall brisbane debate today. Shorten pretty good the other day too ont eh qanda debate
ele
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Aug 2013, 21:33

Yup, didn’t watch it but saw a running commentary.

And the retirees are becoming aware, and furious!, about the hit to their income! Shit, if Piss&Moan pisses off even 5% of this demographic he is totally FUCKED! Interesting to see if Naffy twigs! And IQ! He needs maximum super to retire with some money.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Sep 2013, 09:43

Well, Rudd did something more than termiting (makes you wonder why the dick didn’t quit politics to get a plum job somewhere advising on foreign policy & strategy:)

Kevin Rudd may have had more influence in shaping US policies in Asia than any foreigner since Singapore's founder Lee Kuan Yew during the Vietnam War era, a US government official says.

Kurt Campbell, who was the State Department's top official on East Asia during Barack Obama's first term, says the former prime minister left "almost ocean-vessel-size shoes to be filled" in helping the United States think strategically.
"Despite personal foibles and a complex relationship in Australia, I think in many respects Kevin Rudd has been the most important strategic thinker in Asia in the last generation," said Campbell, a key force in Obama's "pivot" of putting a greater US focus on Asia.

"He helped us join the East Asia Summit, he helped us think about the fact that the defining feature of modern international relations is China's arrival on the global scene and every aspect of our diplomacy has to be recreated and re-crafted with that in mind," Campbell said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politi ... z2euaIUA29
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Previous

Return to Politics