Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.
johnsmith
Lion
spamone: Animal

Re: Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
20 May 2020, 10:53
I ordered an inexpensive trail camera today. I plan to set it up to watch the garden in our front yard. I hope to get some pictures of the wildlife around here and show them to you all.
by wildlife, do you mean your neighbours?

because back when i was managing the complex, that's what I used to call the residents :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

johnsmith wrote:
20 May 2020, 11:00
SethBullock wrote:
I ordered an inexpensive trail camera today. I plan to set it up to watch the garden in our front yard. I hope to get some pictures of the wildlife around here and show them to you all.

because back when i was managing the complex, that's what I used to call the residents :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
Haha, no. I wouldn't expect to find the neighbors in our garden. Deer and raccoons, mostly. Coyotes at night a possibility.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
20 May 2020, 12:20
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Haha, no. I wouldn't expect to find the neighbors in our garden. Deer and raccoons, mostly. Coyotes at night a possibility.
Are you back at work now Seth? Is everything getting back to normal over there yet or is it still a little crazy?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

johnsmith wrote:
20 May 2020, 12:33
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Are you back at work now Seth? Is everything getting back to normal over there yet or is it still a little crazy?
From mid April until the end of last week, I worked full time with the Oregon Emergency Management system, a system set up to coordinate a statewide disaster response and adapted to the Covid epidemic. That job is over for me now, and I return to part time teaching.

In my state we are in Phase 1 of reopening. This is county by county. If the county has few enough new infections, it may open, but with new rules for social distancing, use of face masks, etc. It's a slow process. The state sees the reopening as happening in 3 phases, so we're only just starting to reopen.

As for me, yes, I'm going back to work, but the number of students has been decreased from 4 full classes to only 1 in our facility. So my work is going to be slow. I'm working 3 days between now and the end of the month, and I have no idea about next month.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

you'll be able to enjoy the time off more once you can move around more freely
FD.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Restaurants here won’t open yet so I cannot celebrate my next birthday on the day. Will wait—is this really nice place in McLaren Vale, The Salopian Inn, (https://salopian.com.au/) about $100 per head for lunch that me and Mum shout each other a meal in for our respective birthday. I will look up the next school holidays here, see if I can get my fave niece & great niece to join us. (great niece’s birthday is 2 days before mine :bgrin )

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Feeling better.
Got a Pest man coming tomorrow, + an appointment ( via ph) with my GP.

That'll be interesting. She is a real no nonsense person who came here with her family as a Dr.
Tiny, but fierce, if she needs to be. :bgrin .
sleeping is good for you

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Australis got nothing like coyotes!

(How far are you from cougar territory?)
"Oi!"

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Dingoes.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Bongalong wrote:
21 May 2020, 09:15
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

There are cougars in my area, but sightings in residential areas are rare. A lot of deer roam around in the neighborhood, and they are a natural food for cougars, and so they may follow them into residential areas. However, I am not aware of any cougar kills being found in my neighborhood, so I think coming into our residential area is rare. My son saw one cross the road in front of him not long ago only about 1/2 mile out of town.

Coyotes are common. I hear them yipping in the distance at night often. One night last year I heard a couple of them squabbling somewhere around the side of my house. It wouldn't surprise me to get one on camera once I get the camera and get it set up. Coyotes live all around us, but they avoid people and almost never pose any danger to people.

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

HBS Guy wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:54
Dingoes.
I'm not sure if Dingoes would work qualify as bad ass as coyotes?

:yak yak

I seriously don't know ..... :read
"Oi!"

greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus

Post by greggerypeccary »

Bongalong wrote:
21 May 2020, 13:34
HBS Guy wrote:
Dingoes.

Do coyotes take babies?

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

SethBullock wrote:
21 May 2020, 11:14
Bongalong wrote:
21 May 2020, 09:15
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

There are cougars in my area, but sightings in residential areas are rare. A lot of deer roam around in the neighborhood, and they are a natural food for cougars, and so they may follow them into residential areas. However, I am not aware of any cougar kills being found in my neighborhood, so I think coming into our residential area is rare. My son saw one cross the road in front of him not long ago only about 1/2 mile out of town.

Coyotes are common. I hear them yipping in the distance at night often. One night last year I heard a couple of them squabbling somewhere around the side of my house. It wouldn't surprise me to get one on camera once I get the camera and get it set up. Coyotes live all around us, but they avoid people and almost never pose any danger to people.
My Brother lives in Mexico and says there are Cougars in the jungle but sightings are extremely rare because they are supposedly very secretive. They don't have too many deer around I suppose but if you live in Texas then maybe they do? !!!! ?
"Oi!"

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

Just googled it: apparently heaps of deer in Mexico lol :c
"Oi!"

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

greggerypeccary wrote:
21 May 2020, 13:35
Bongalong wrote:
21 May 2020, 13:34
HBS Guy wrote:
Dingoes.

Do coyotes take babies?
Yeah good one.
Do Dingoes attack kids on tourist sites and beaches,, .? Yes they do. !!

Dingoes are basically wilddogs from Asia. They do what they must.
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Dingoes attack lone people walking in their territory, especially kids.
I don't think coyotes do that much ..

HERE..??

Several islands off our Coast have significant populations of dingoes. Here , on SEQ Islands , people and dingoes come into contact.
They are wild creatures , forced to deal with human holidayers.

So typical of humans taking over natural habitat.
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Bongalong wrote:
21 May 2020, 13:43
YOU aren't an Aussie, are you.!?
That's OK, you are welcome but you should try to be honest.
sleeping is good for you

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

pinkeye wrote:
23 May 2020, 01:17
Bongalong wrote:
21 May 2020, 13:43
YOU aren't an Aussie, are you.!?
That's OK, you are welcome but you should try to be honest.
R u bak on tHe meTHo?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :yak yak :scare :scare :scare
"Oi!"

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

pinkeye wrote:
21 May 2020, 01:41
Feeling better.
Got a Pest man coming tomorrow, + an appointment ( via ph) with my GP.

That'll be interesting. She is a real no nonsense person who came here with her family as a Dr.
Tiny, but fierce, if she needs to be. :bgrin .
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Pink. Did the pest man get the job done?

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
23 May 2020, 12:27
Did the pest man get the job done?
probably not as I'm still here :giggle :giggle
FD.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Pinkeye, ask the pest man if he can do anything about Johnsmith. Thanks! :roll

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
23 May 2020, 13:55
Pinkeye, ask the pest man if he can do anything about Johnsmith. Thanks! :roll
Many have tried :c
FD.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

I'm sure.. :roll

So he cancelled but arrived this arvo.. the previous baits my neighbour had put up las tweek seem to have worked. He said they've used all that bait up.. it can take some time. I already had more Talon , the killer :sad .. so he put up more and said that there definitely a dead rat in there.. he said leave it, couldn't see it but could smell it, he said you won't smell it down here.. :roll He said if after 2 weeks you still hear them give me a call. :bgrin

As for future proofing, umm … it'd cost a fortune to remove all the guttering and try to block them out.
Better to deal with them as they arrive, he said. Based on the weather. He just shrugged when I explained in 30 yrs, only had this prob last 2 years.
He said... Do NOT climb anymore ladders.

He didn't charge me. Said he was going past anyway. His wife was in the car. He loved my dog. :bgrin

So, all quiet on the roof-front.!
sleeping is good for you

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

It’s Memorial Day
C003BF47-C06D-4B8E-8C62-B556536215F5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
25 May 2020, 12:27
It’s Memorial Day

C003BF47-C06D-4B8E-8C62-B556536215F5.jpeg
May they rest in Peace
FD.