The best of Netflix and Stan.

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby pinkeye » 10 Dec 2019, 00:40

:bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 10 Dec 2019, 23:11

pinkeye wrote: :bgrin :bgrin


:Hi
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 23 Dec 2019, 00:25

I just finished watching an annoying but addictive show (my daughter wanted me to see it) called “Haters back off!”
I don’t really know what to say, maybe it will become a bit of a cult show, already makes me feel like putting on red lipstick badly and pull faces :bgrin
And.....yipeee, the next season of Lost in space finally starting on Tuesday!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 30 Dec 2019, 10:54

Lost in space season 2 didn’t start until Wednesday, which made me come to a conclusion, Netflix is American, it was their Tuesday (and being a day behind meant Wednesday for the land of Oz)
With Lost in Space, it’s becoming a drag with things constantly going wrong!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 30 Dec 2019, 11:08

I will just keep talking to myself in here :bgrin
I was trying to find the topic thread of movies we watched in this forum somewhere but can’t find it.
Soooo.... went to see the latest Star Wars yesterday (The rise of Skywalker) Very interesting and amazing special effects, a few lovely surprises too.
Last edited by Lols on 30 Dec 2019, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 30 Dec 2019, 11:11

.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Dec 2019, 11:26

People are on holiday, I guess.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55049
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 30 Dec 2019, 12:23

Lols wrote:Lost in space season 2 didn’t start until Wednesday, which made me come to a conclusion, Netflix is American, it was their Tuesday (and being a day behind meant Wednesday for the land of Oz)
With Lost in Space, it’s becoming a drag with things constantly going wrong!


I'm watching season 2.

It's a lot cornier than season 1.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2020, 18:15

greggerypeccary wrote:
Lols wrote:Lost in space season 2 didn’t start until Wednesday, which made me come to a conclusion, Netflix is American, it was their Tuesday (and being a day behind meant Wednesday for the land of Oz)
With Lost in Space, it’s becoming a drag with things constantly going wrong!


I'm watching season 2.

It's a lot cornier than season 1.



That was one thing that irritated me about the first season. If it gets worse, i doubt i'll bother.

I've been watching Messiah on Netflix. It's really good so far. Very interesting indeed.

Puts an oft cited question to the test.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6571
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 03 Jan 2020, 19:45

mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Lols wrote:Lost in space season 2 didn’t start until Wednesday, which made me come to a conclusion, Netflix is American, it was their Tuesday (and being a day behind meant Wednesday for the land of Oz)
With Lost in Space, it’s becoming a drag with things constantly going wrong!


I'm watching season 2.

It's a lot cornier than season 1.



That was one thing that irritated me about the first season. If it gets worse, i doubt i'll bother.

I've been watching Messiah on Netflix. It's really good so far. Very interesting indeed.

Puts an oft cited question to the test.


I finished Lost in Space, but the acting by the kids was terrible.

The actor who plays Will, in particular, is a very irritating kid.

Anyway, it was a bit of fun, but I wouldn't write home about it.

It was very corny.

I'll give Messiah a go.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2020, 19:49

greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Lols wrote:Lost in space season 2 didn’t start until Wednesday, which made me come to a conclusion, Netflix is American, it was their Tuesday (and being a day behind meant Wednesday for the land of Oz)
With Lost in Space, it’s becoming a drag with things constantly going wrong!


I'm watching season 2.

It's a lot cornier than season 1.



That was one thing that irritated me about the first season. If it gets worse, i doubt i'll bother.

I've been watching Messiah on Netflix. It's really good so far. Very interesting indeed.

Puts an oft cited question to the test.


I finished Lost in Space, but the acting by the kids was terrible.

The actor who plays Will, in particular, is a very irritating kid.

Anyway, it was a bit of fun, but I wouldn't write home about it.

It was very corny.

I'll give Messiah a go.



I suppose it was all a bit 'Captain America' for me. Cheesy and formulaic .. but i liked the robot. I certainly didn't like it enough to watch more of it after you and Lols have said what you have.

But i think you'll like Messiah.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6571
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 03 Jan 2020, 21:17

Re: lost in space, it ended up in the air (pun intended)
I couldn’t believe it! So annoying and wasted my enthusiasm waiting for this season 2.
Now there’s no season 3 because of expense etc.
Looks like the Robinsons will remain lost.
BTW did the original series ever end with the Robinsons not lost anymore? I don’t recall how it ended.
In this new series the robot is different, in a better way.

What’s annoying is the female Dr. Smith, they made her unrealistically way too cluey and always one step ahead of everyone.

I will give Messiah a go also :thumb
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Jan 2020, 11:02

Lols wrote:Re: lost in space, it ended up in the air (pun intended)
I couldn’t believe it! So annoying and wasted my enthusiasm waiting for this season 2.
Now there’s no season 3 because of expense etc.
Looks like the Robinsons will remain lost.
BTW did the original series ever end with the Robinsons not lost anymore? I don’t recall how it ended.
In this new series the robot is different, in a better way.

What’s annoying is the female Dr. Smith, they made her unrealistically way too cluey and always one step ahead of everyone.

I will give Messiah a go also :thumb


Spoiler alert :bgrin

Careful what you give away, Lols :hush
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 04 Jan 2020, 11:31

:gsp don’t say you haven’t been warned of the disappointment. No season 3. Waste of invested time, especially after waiting months for season 2.
Say no more :bgrin
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Jan 2020, 11:37

Lols wrote::gsp don’t say you haven’t been warned of the disappointment. No season 3. Waste of invested time, especially after waiting months for season 2.
Say no more :bgrin


I didn't want a season 3 anyway.

Season 2 was far too corny, and I wouldn't be able to stand watching the bad acting by the kids again.

They should have left it as just one season.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Chuck » 04 Jan 2020, 18:51

If u can afford to subscribe to this crap. Times aren’t tough!

U should feel guilty in trying to con the Federal govt.

I’m considered being rich by both parties, yet I can’t justify using these services because it effects my consumption.

I can’t afford going to a restaurant even once a month!
It’s more like once in 3 months.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 759
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 05 Jan 2020, 21:50

It’s not crap, it’s the best thing we have had on tv these last few months.
It’s only $10 a month approx.
Better than regular tv.
No ads, no broken concentration, and we can watch what we choose at any time we choose, and not be dictated to time schedules of commercial TV with all those ads to want us to $pend.
Only thing I watch on regular tv is first 10 minutes of news.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Jan 2020, 08:52

Lols wrote:It’s not crap, it’s the best thing we have had on tv these last few months.
It’s only $10 a month approx.
Better than regular tv.
No ads, no broken concentration, and we can watch what we choose at any time we choose, and not be dictated to time schedules of commercial TV with all those ads to want us to $pend.
Only thing I watch on regular tv is first 10 minutes of news.


Ditto.

Stan and Netflix are $14 each, and Amazon Prime is $7.

So, just over $1 a day to have what I want when I want it, with no ads.

Bargain.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Jan 2020, 11:50

I've started season 3 of The Crown.

It's very good.

The Welsh mining disaster episode was excellent.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 09 Jan 2020, 16:39

I've started watching a series called the 'witcher' .... so far I've only seen three episodes but it reminds me a little of GoT without the dragons ... in particular the story of Ayla in GoT
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 09 Jan 2020, 17:55

Yeah I got the daughter watching The Witcher, he’s a hunk eh :bgrin
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 09 Jan 2020, 17:57

Watching Cheer now, about cheerleading, my daughter used to do it,
Stressful training, injuries, acrobatics and being flipped in the air!
Once you watch this series of Cheer, one can only respect how much these kids go through by the time competition time comes around.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 618
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 09 Jan 2020, 18:51

Lols wrote:Yeah I got the daughter watching The Witcher, he’s a hunk eh :bgrin



nah ...but i don't mind the look of the hunchback girl now that she's had her makeover :bgrin
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Guest » 10 Jan 2020, 10:19

Shetland
Broadchurch
The Bletchley Circle
Blacklist
Guest
 

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jan 2020, 15:47

Don’t agree but that is OK. Why not register, guest? Easier to post that way.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55049
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron