What are you doing right now?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Aug 2019, 18:47

Ahahahah!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 23 Aug 2019, 23:53

So this evening I am enjoying having water at my tap... Yeehaaaa!!!

Got a plumber here this arvo and it was done in 45 minutes. :thumb
So good. it's so easy to take things for granted.

Arm is still healing.

I said a couple'a days? Maybe in a week it'll be better. The arm took the full force of the fall.

I think it is actually what could be termed a 'compression' injury.
Between the floor and the full impetus of my moving weight.. ie my ribcage.. (which is fine, as is the lower left arm) the whole of the upper arm absorbed the weight and the impact, which was so fast,... !!! WOW. :bgrin

I'm still pondering the fact that I might not have been posting this.. if I had fallen ANY other way. :b

Remember that old cop show? Yank NYPDBlue?? When the old sarge told the room BE CAREFUL OUT THERE..!

I think we should also be careful in here. Crikey.

OK .........….said enough about that

and best wishes to you all..
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby DonDeeHippy » 24 Aug 2019, 04:42

You will be back doing push-ups in no time pink
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 24 Aug 2019, 23:12

I got out and about in my car yesterday (it's an auto thank goodness) to get food etc and among other things...
after the plumbers had left. I wanted to celebrate.

I bought 2 doz Sydney Rock Oysters. In the shell.

I really overdid oysters a year or so ago.. so this has only been my second purchase
this year. I tried them earlier, and for some reason I just had to go back and get more. OH YUM.

1doz for 15.95.. and then owner popped up and said 2 for $20. Done deal.
Bit of lemon juice and cracked black pepper.

I finished off the last 4 remaining a bit earlier. I was going to make an omelette, with the 4 oysters, and whatever else appealed, BUT.. I ate them raw instead. :roll

YUM
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Aug 2019, 07:05

Oooooohhhhh two dozen oysters, YUMMY!

I add bits soy sauce to some, chili sauce to others.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Aug 2019, 07:06

Dreaming of this restaurant a group of us are going to today. Magic!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 25 Aug 2019, 07:34

pinkeye wrote:I got out and about in my car yesterday (it's an auto thank goodness) to get food etc and among other things...
after the plumbers had left. I wanted to celebrate.

I bought 2 doz Sydney Rock Oysters. In the shell.

I really overdid oysters a year or so ago.. so this has only been my second purchase
this year. I tried them earlier, and for some reason I just had to go back and get more. OH YUM.

1doz for 15.95.. and then owner popped up and said 2 for $20. Done deal.
Bit of lemon juice and cracked black pepper.

I finished off the last 4 remaining a bit earlier. I was going to make an omelette, with the 4 oysters, and whatever else appealed, BUT.. I ate them raw instead. :roll

YUM

after all those oysters you'll start feeling frisky . Pity for you the plumbers have gone. :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Aug 2019, 17:38

Back home. Great day out.

Lunch at this place: http://www.harvest-kitchen.com.au/menu/ Food to die for—priced to match!

Drove past this little antique shop, stopped and had a look. He had some carpets, Persian and turkish.

One that I really liked was a prayer rug! Nice design—and an arrowhead sort of shape element—that had to be pointed at Mecca.

Make a great wallhanging! $250—after I return from Tassie.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 26 Aug 2019, 17:55

had an awesome day today (not really), just finished work and about to head home at 4pm when the wifey dearest phoned me.

She's just gotten a phone call from my kids school. My 7 year old is now suspended. :grn

He kicked a girl in the mouth

when i asked him why? his answer..... 'because i like to annoy her' :WTF :WTF

I'm thinking off pointing out to him that i successfully annoy his mum all the time, and i manage to do it all without ever laying a finger (or a foot) on her.
I'll wait and see what sort of mood wifey dearest is in before i go that route or she might kick me in the face.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Aug 2019, 18:14

Yes, caution be a good thing here.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 26 Aug 2019, 19:03

He kicked a girl in the mouth.......literally?

:WTF
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 26 Aug 2019, 19:21

Aussie wrote:He kicked a girl in the mouth.......literally?

:WTF

yes literally ........ i couldn't believe it.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 26 Aug 2019, 20:14

Well.......up to you. He is lucky it is not up to me.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Miranda » 26 Aug 2019, 20:32

Aussie wrote:Well.......up to you. He is lucky it is not up to me.

Why? What would you do?
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 26 Aug 2019, 20:55

johnsmith wrote:had an awesome day today (not really), just finished work and about to head home at 4pm when the wifey dearest phoned me.

She's just gotten a phone call from my kids school. My 7 year old is now suspended. :grn

I'm thinking off pointing out to him that i successfully annoy his mum all the time, and i manage to do it all without ever laying a finger (or a foot) on her.
I'll wait and see what sort of mood wifey dearest is in before i go that route or she might kick me in the face.

Yeah, that could go either way. I wish you luck, you're going to need it. If it works it's genius.

Seriously though, kids do these things. They horrify us when they do them but do them they will.

As long as the school and the parents are on the same page condemning it, all will be fine. Your lad is probably feeling very remorseful right about now.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 26 Aug 2019, 21:13

Aussie wrote:Well.......up to you. He is lucky it is not up to me.

whats up to me?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 26 Aug 2019, 21:18

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:had an awesome day today (not really), just finished work and about to head home at 4pm when the wifey dearest phoned me.

Yeah, that could go either way. I wish you luck, you're going to need it. If it works it's genius.

Seriously though, kids do these things. They horrify us when they do them but do them they will.

As long as the school and the parents are on the same page condemning it, all will be fine. Your lad is probably feeling very remorseful right about now.

I realise that kids do these things, but that doesn't make it less shocking when it's your kid. It's supposed to be everyone else's kid :roll . Yours is supposed to be the little angel. Anyway, I think we're over the worst of it. Poor kid had a tough afternoon. First he copped an ear full from me, then when his mum got home he copped it again.

In our discussions with him this arvo it came out that while this year he kicked her in the face, last year he tried to kiss her. :b :b
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 26 Aug 2019, 21:21

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

I realise that kids do these things, but that doesn't make it less shocking when it's your kid. It's supposed to be everyone else's kid :roll . Yours is supposed to be the little angel. Anyway, I think we're over the worst of it. Poor kid had a tough afternoon. First he copped an ear full from me, then when his mum got home he copped it again.

In our discussions with him this arvo it came out that while this year he kicked her in the face, last year he tried to kiss her. :b :b

Good grief man! At what point in the last bunch of years has your kid given you the impression he's a little angel? Beware! You've been lulled into a false sense of security! You're a dead man walking.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 26 Aug 2019, 21:22

Anyway, it's always the charming ones you have to watch out for.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 26 Aug 2019, 21:35

glad its ur prob. good luck.

as for me.?/ keying one-handed again. and not for long.

seems I have an undisplaced fracture of the humerus.

:roll did the whole gp, x-ray..>>>hospital thing. oh dear. have to keep my arm in this woeful adjustable sling. for 2 weeks. Now ive never broken anything before.. well a fingertip.. maybe a toe or 2..... could have been worse.

this is still a very lucky escape. will have follow-up visits. oh my god.. i gotto the hospital at about 12.30 and the x-rays showed i had a fractured arm. by the time i got seen, i felt like i had a fractured arse. :roll as well. for some reason it took till 5.30 to get out of there. I was feeling a mite stroppy by then, but I can't blame the people on staff. they were extremely busy .. something had caused big probs today, evidently.
my 1st time in a & e.(as a person who was injured)
Last edited by pinkeye on 26 Aug 2019, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Aug 2019, 21:38

Glad you had that looked at, Pinky!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 26 Aug 2019, 21:46

yeah.. thanks.. :( am really tired and annoyed , at myself.
so im saying.. no more from me for now.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 26 Aug 2019, 21:57

pinkeye wrote:yeah.. thanks.. :( am really tired and annoyed , at myself.

Well I don't blame you for being annoyed with yourself. I know I would be too if it were me. Just count your blessings, Pink. Two weeks in a sling is nothing compared to a head injury or breaking your hip. Take it easy and heal up. And start looking down when you walk, lol ...
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 26 Aug 2019, 23:06

pinkeye wrote:glad its ur prob. good luck.

as for me.?/ keying one-handed again. and not for long.

seems I have an undisplaced fracture of the humerus.

:roll did the whole gp, x-ray..>>>hospital thing. oh dear. have to keep my arm in this woeful adjustable sling. for 2 weeks. Now ive never broken anything before.. well a fingertip.. maybe a toe or 2..... could have been worse.

this is still a very lucky escape. will have follow-up visits. oh my god.. i gotto the hospital at about 12.30 and the x-rays showed i had a fractured arm. by the time i got seen, i felt like i had a fractured arse. :roll as well. for some reason it took till 5.30 to get out of there. I was feeling a mite stroppy by then, but I can't blame the people on staff. they were extremely busy .. something had caused big probs today, evidently.
my 1st time in a & e.(as a person who was injured)

Oooh bummer. Glad you have been seen to. Get some Comfrey cream onto it. Tryst me, the stuff works miracles for breaks.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 27 Aug 2019, 02:49

SethBullock wrote:
pinkeye wrote:yeah.. thanks.. :( am really tired and annoyed , at myself.

Well I don't blame you for being annoyed with yourself. I know I would be too if it were me. Just count your blessings, Pink. Two weeks in a sling is nothing compared to a head injury or breaking your hip. Take it easy and heal up. And start looking down when you walk, lol ...

yes

:thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit