70% of flights are taken by the richest 15% of people...

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

70% of flights are taken by the richest 15% of people...

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jul 2019, 11:20

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/09/molly-scott-cato-wealthy-causing-climate-change-green-mep

I'm not sure you can have equality but statistics, ...carefully interpreted of course, do have meaning.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: 70% of flights are taken by the richest 15% of people...

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jul 2019, 11:30

Be interesting to see the stats for places where good Budget airlines operate.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jul 2019, 12:31

HBS Guy wrote:Be interesting to see the stats for places where good Budget airlines operate.

Nice point :bike :bike I too would find that more than interesting... :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jul 2019, 23:25

Well I think all you rich folk who can fly away when you want, or can... SHOULD PAY HUGE environmental taxes. !!

I said years ago, people flying around the world for fun, are poisoning the earth. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.!!

OOh OOh but you only learn stuff when you go overseas..!!! Absolute justification yeah? So , your personal perceptions of your growth require YOU POISON THE ATMOSPHERE.!! ??

Fuck off morons.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jul 2019, 00:41

I flew to Gladstone, Qld a couple times, paid a little bit extra to have the carbon used offset.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 11 Jul 2019, 04:23

iT IS A BIG COUNTRY.

But I'm not talking about local traffic. I'm talking about people who take off to Europe, or America, because they are tourists with nothing better to do with their money.
..Like maybe visiting Australia's unique sites.??

I wonder how many morons have gone to Disneyland FFS :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
Lots and lots. Good grief.. talk about carelessness, or , total self-absorption, or just plain braindead brainwashed. FFS.!!!!!!!

OOOh I want to take my family to DISNEYLAND.!!! What a fuckwit yeah??? YEAH.

And as for all this talk about travel being great for personal development...?? CRAP. If you can't find fulfilment or enlightenment from Australia,, you won't get it in Italy or France. All you get is bragging rights.

Pathetic. When I hear people saying how much they love Bali, I look at them and think.... you are a fuckwit.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jul 2019, 06:08

Going overseas at least once is good, gives one perspective. I enjoyed my trip to Europe in ’78-9.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Jul 2019, 07:00

pinkeye wrote:Well I think all you rich folk who can fly away when you want, or can... SHOULD PAY HUGE environmental taxes. !!

I said years ago, people flying around the world for fun, are poisoning the earth. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.!!

OOh OOh but you only learn stuff when you go overseas..!!! Absolute justification yeah? So , your personal perceptions of your growth require YOU POISON THE ATMOSPHERE.!! ??

Fuck off morons.!!

how about people driving around Australia on those same fossil fuels for recreation or even destinations like the gold coast.... should we impose a extra environmental tax and anyone driving using fossil fuels for fun and not necessity….
Cruise ships are the worse polluters as they use the dirtiest fuel, usually the sludge left over after making gas and diesel... they are in no way needed for anything but recreation.....:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DreamRyderX » 11 Jul 2019, 07:59

DonDeeHippy wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Well I think all you rich folk who can fly away when you want, or can... SHOULD PAY HUGE environmental taxes. !!

Fuck off morons.!!

how about people driving around Australia on those same fossil fuels for recreation or even destinations like the gold coast.... should we impose a extra environmental tax and anyone driving using fossil fuels for fun and not necessity….
Cruise ships are the worse polluters as they use the dirtiest fuel, usually the sludge left over after making gas and diesel... they are in no way needed for anything but recreation.....:purple

I use all 3 types of transportation...sometimes to excess......I fly to the States & back at least 3 times a year, sometimes more. We drive the SUV's everywhere to visit friends, but mostly family spread out all along the east coast all the way up to Port Douglas, & fire up the F350 & van to go camping anywhere between here & the NT hittin' all points between. Once or twice a year we Cruise the South Pacific to various destinations. Next year were doin' the Caribbean again.......Gotta love retirement....enjoyin' it to the fullest....usin' it while we can....can't take it with us & we won't be leavin' a cent behind.........worked hard in the States for 30 years, & I made damn sure I had plenty socked away for decades of 'fun in the sun'..... both here & there. Image

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jul 2019, 11:08

Fuck off morons.!!

You speak the absolute truth: the modern age wants to spend it's time in hotels and veggieng out like comfortable, ...yes,... morons!

I 100% agree! :beer :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jul 2019, 11:09

HBS Guy wrote:I flew to Gladstone, Qld a couple times, paid a little bit extra to have the carbon used offset.

How much extra ? :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jul 2019, 11:11

pinkeye wrote:iT IS A BIG COUNTRY.

But I'm not talking about local traffic. I'm talking about people who take off to Europe, or America, because they are tourists with nothing better to do with their money.
..Like maybe visiting Australia's unique sites.??

I wonder how many morons have gone to Disneyland FFS :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
Lots and lots. Good grief.. talk about carelessness, or , total self-absorption, or just plain braindead brainwashed. FFS.!!!!!!!

OOOh I want to take my family to DISNEYLAND.!!! What a fuckwit yeah??? YEAH.

And as for all this talk about travel being great for personal development...?? CRAP. If you can't find fulfilment or enlightenment from Australia,, you won't get it in Italy or France. All you get is bragging rights.

Pathetic. When I hear people saying how much they love Bali, I look at them and think.... you are a fuckwit.

No flies on pinkeye when push comes to shove: :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jul 2019, 11:15

HBS Guy wrote:Going overseas at least once is good, gives one perspective. I enjoyed my trip to Europe in ’78-9.

Yeh, I agree with that too: even long boat journeys were considered well worth the experience back in the day- infact the boat journey was possibly the biggest part of the experience-,.. you know to take your daughter back to bonny 'ol Scotland or whatever because it was a promise made when you brought out to Australia when she was 4 blah blah blah!!!

:beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Miranda » 11 Jul 2019, 13:23

Fuck off morons.!!

I don’t drive but I do fly often.

I think cars are the bigger issue.
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jul 2019, 15:01

Miranda wrote:

Fuck off morons.!!

Both are bad but you have made a good point well made: cars absoultely cannot be forgotten about! Polluting the living environment with horse shite beyond the level of basic functionality was more than a pertinent question back in the day...
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Miranda » 11 Jul 2019, 17:31

Bongalong wrote:
Miranda wrote:

Fuck off morons.!!

Both are bad but you have made a good point well made: cars absoultely cannot be forgotten about! Polluting the living environment with horse shite beyond the level of basic functionality was more than a pertinent question back in the day...

I don’t ride a horse either. I do use public transport. Y’all should try it... if y’all care about the environment. :jump
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jul 2019, 18:14

Horse riding is good fun.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 11 Jul 2019, 23:11

DonDeeHippy wrote:

Fuck off morons.!!

OH dear. I think I am being sabotaged. I've just lost a post to this, and have been unable to access other topics.. AUTHORISATION 401 required, or some such. it least it isn't 403 Forbidden.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Jul 2019, 06:39

pinkeye wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Fuck off morons.!!

OH dear. I think I am being sabotaged. I've just lost a post to this, and have been unable to access other topics.. AUTHORISATION 401 required, or some such. it least it isn't 403 Forbidden.

you seem to get locked out a lot pinky….. maybe the forum is secretly out to get you :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jul 2019, 08:15

Bongalong wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I flew to Gladstone, Qld a couple times, paid a little bit extra to have the carbon used offset.

About $5.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 12:29

Miranda wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Miranda wrote:

Fuck off morons.!!

I don’t ride a horse either. I do use public transport. Y’all should try it... if y’all care about the environment. :jump

Public Transport is killer if you know how to use it! :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 12:33

HBS Guy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

About $5.

Well, I think if Climate Change were that easily atoned for the problem wouldn't even get a guernsey anymore would it?

What can $5 dollars possibly do in the face of the permanent chemical change you, and the worldwide economy that surrounds us, happily paid and keep paying for as a matter of course?

:Hi :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jul 2019, 13:33

Plant a tree.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 15:21

HBS Guy wrote:Plant a tree.

Lol, and you equate that to five dollars to atone for a plane flight do you?

F'n overly simplistic as f bruther: why don't you just barf your vomit down the younger generations collective throat bro? :OMG
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jul 2019, 16:05

I paid the money that I need not have.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Politics