Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Apr 2019, 08:27

yes and as Dax points out if you want a gun in Australia you really only need to join a Gun club... to me this is a win win, training and accountability..... Or know someone with land that you can go shoot on... My dad bought 40 acers and had to write a letter to himself to allow him to shoot on his land, then he could cancel his gun club subscription.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby SethBullock » 12 Apr 2019, 09:18

DonDeeHippy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:We have bolt action and lever action rifles, single action shotguns and also lever action. There are many hand gun clubs, that's what my club is, we have semi auto pistols and revolvers which have to fit into a category of use that we indulge in. Our club has silhouettes, paper target, western action and service pistol sections which covers all pistol sport shooting. I have a carry licence because of my security licence, yet never carried the relevant pistols more than a couple of times.

Do you own multiple guns?

Yes as do most licensed shooters.

Do you believe law-abiding peaceful citizens should be allowed to own guns?

yes I think we all believe that …. but we believe guns should be accounted for and registered, how about you Seth ? :purple

Generally, I am in favor of measures that inhibit criminals from getting their hands on guns. Criminals would never comply with registration. Only law-abiding citizens would, and so I don't care for the idea. The other thing to remember is that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right written into our Bill of Rights in the Constitution. We do not need to get government approval for our speech, our religion, our freedom to associate, or to have a trial by a jury of our peers, or to be secure from searches without a warrant.

In the U.S. we almost all agree that the right to keep and bear arms shall apply to law-abiding peaceful people only. So we prohibit convicted felons and documented insane people from possessing them, and we require background checks by firearms dealers when they are sold. So basically, to possess firearms, you must be sane and not a criminal. But when you start adding other requirements, you start to cross over into the debate over whether or not this is constitutional or not. On this, we do not find broad agreement. 6 states plus the District of Columbia require registration of all or some firearms.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 12 Apr 2019, 11:11

Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:We have bolt action and lever action rifles, single action shotguns and also lever action. There are many hand gun clubs, that's what my club is, we have semi auto pistols and revolvers which have to fit into a category of use that we indulge in. Our club has silhouettes, paper target, western action and service pistol sections which covers all pistol sport shooting. I have a carry licence because of my security licence, yet never carried the relevant pistols more than a couple of times.

What guns do you own? If you're uncomfortable with that question, just say so. I have talked about what guns I own on this and other forums before, and it doesn't bother me or worry me a bit. I'm just curious.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 12 Apr 2019, 11:20

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:so maybe make it harder fo DA BLACKS to get hold of a firearm before they commit the crimes

it's called fucking gun control......

what this discussion is about.

Maybe you're right... or maybe make it harder for blacks to talk shite on the radio to their black bruthers about blowing each other to kingdom come?

Maybe make it harder for blacks to talk shite about biatches all apparently being biatches on the radio, let alone MTV let alone giving them prime time television acting jobs after they spent decades doing exactly that and worse i.e. talking about killing cops as the title of their album.

You're not the only person with an opinon ya f'n weirdo!!

:rofl

and my opinion is that it would be harder to shoot a civilian ....or cop (and a cop would be less trigger happy if it wasn't for all the fucking weapons...... you know...... what this fucking thread is actually about

Yes, but the thing is the thread i started acknowledged that Americans are allowed to have guns....

:stay

quote me when i said they were not

IT'S ALL IMPLICATION! THAT'S THE WAY VIRTUE SIGNALLING WORKS!

VERY CLEVER YOU VIRTUE SIGNALLERS BUT REALLY IT'S JUST PASSIVE AGRESSION WRIT LARGE.

THE POINT IS WITHOUT AMERICA YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A WORLD TO VIRTUE SIGNAL IN! THAT MAKES YOU A MAN-HATING FEMINIST :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 12 Apr 2019, 11:27

still fuck all in the way of evidence to back up your claim

and the usual dose of name calling

i find it tough to take you seriously bong
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 12 Apr 2019, 11:36

hatty wrote:still fuck all in the way of evidence to back up your claim

You are a modern day feminist kook mate: no cares what your ho ass thinks!

YEH: SLUTWALK LIKE F'N WHAT LOL :bike :bike :bike :roll

**** WOW, Let's, like... encourage young women to pretend they own the night dressed like a whore and when it all goes pear shaped blame all men: f*** you got some serious mental problems buddy if you think that shits gonna fly c*** :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi

***** that is the very reason everyone detests modern day feminists like you buddy: because they are fucked up dood :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 12 Apr 2019, 11:41

Bongalong wrote:

**** WOW, Let's, like... encourage young women to pretend they own the night dressed like a whore and when it all goes pear shaped blame all men: f*** you got some serious mental problems buddy if you think that shits gonna fly c*** :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi

***** that is the very reason everyone detests modern day feminists like you buddy: because they are fucked up dood :Hi

haha i don't know what the fuck i just read......and how it relates to me........ but i feel dumber for having done so

certainly nothing that disproves any of my comments

quite the contrary in fact
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 12 Apr 2019, 11:43

HATTY: why do modern day feminists think they have the right to tell young girls to dress up like sluts and pretend they own the night?

:bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 12 Apr 2019, 13:42

Bongalong wrote:HATTY: why do modern day feminists think they have the right to tell young girls to dress up like sluts and pretend they own the night?

how the fuck should i know?

i'm don't consider myself to be a raging feminist

and i have never thought or said or indeed encouraged anything of the sort.

and what the fuck does it even have to do with gun ownership?

lay off the cans
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 12 Apr 2019, 14:39

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:HATTY: why do modern day feminists think they have the right to tell young girls to dress up like sluts and pretend they own the night?

how the fuck should i know?

i'm don't consider myself to be a raging feminist

and i have never thought or said or indeed encouraged anything of the sort.

and what the fuck does it even have to do with gun ownership?

lay off the cans
f u biatch: you're a femo loser lol :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 12 Apr 2019, 15:10

hatty I take my hat of to you. You have far more patience with bongalong than I do. :giggle :giggle :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Dax » 12 Apr 2019, 15:54

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

What guns do you own? If you're uncomfortable with that question, just say so. I have talked about what guns I own on this and other forums before, and it doesn't bother me or worry me a bit. I'm just curious.

It's not something that's talked about in this country, have no idea what guns club members have, other than the ones I see them shoot. It's rare to hear guns being discussed, even in the club, except at shoots as we see them as tools for specific jobs. Don't think I've ever heard anyone ask someone how many and what guns do you have, though when someone asks me if I can fix their gun, then we discuss it, but that's all.

This is a public forum, which no matter how secure you feel on the net,there is always a chance someone can find you. In the US, guns are common talk, are heavily advertised and promoted and they are everywhere you go in full view. In this country you would never see a gun in a house, or an advertisement for guns in public media and that's another reason our laws work, they are not promoted or fear drummed into people to sell more, like happens in the US.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 12 Apr 2019, 16:09

johnsmith wrote:hatty I take my hat of to you. You have far more patience with bongalong than I do. :giggle :giggle :giggle

You are hatty: so get f'd doggggggggggggggggggggggggg!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 12 Apr 2019, 22:26

Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

It's not something that's talked about in this country, have no idea what guns club members have, other than the ones I see them shoot. It's rare to hear guns being discussed, even in the club, except at shoots as we see them as tools for specific jobs. Don't think I've ever heard anyone ask someone how many and what guns do you have, though when someone asks me if I can fix their gun, then we discuss it, but that's all.

This is a public forum, which no matter how secure you feel on the net,there is always a chance someone can find you. In the US, guns are common talk, are heavily advertised and promoted and they are everywhere you go in full view. In this country you would never see a gun in a house, or an advertisement for guns in public media and that's another reason our laws work, they are not promoted or fear drummed into people to sell more, like happens in the US.

I understand.

A 2017 Gallup poll found that 42% of American households reported having at least one gun. So there isn't much mystery or secrecy about it here. Like on the forum I was recruited from, PoliticalForum, which is mostly Americans, I've seen a couple of people say they don't talk about their guns on the internet, and that's cool. But the large majority chat about it very much like chatting about what kind of car they have or what kind of computer or Iphone they use. It's just not a big deal.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Apr 2019, 05:52

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

haha i don't know what the fuck i just read......and how it relates to me........ but i feel dumber for having done so

Hey Seth, now serious here, having read Bong's rant here would you be more happy with our gun laws in relation to him or the USA's no restrictions on guns, no laws...…..
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 13 Apr 2019, 09:15

DonDeeHippy wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Hey Seth, now serious here, having read Bong's rant here would you be more happy with our gun laws in relation to him or the USA's no restrictions on guns, no laws...…..

He would change his tone quickly here. At least he would in person. We have strict laws concerning starting or encouraging a conflict that leads to them shooting someone when the shooting would otherwise be legal. Road rage is the best example I can think of. I've walked away from arguments to avoid a fight and the person thought I was a coward, but we both went home those nights. Carrying a gun is the dumbest thing you can do if you can't control your temper. Not learning the related law before carrying is another. A gun amplifies any trouble you get yourself into.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 13 Apr 2019, 09:21

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

I understand.

A 2017 Gallup poll found that 42% of American households reported having at least one gun. So there isn't much mystery or secrecy about it here. Like on the forum I was recruited from, PoliticalForum, which is mostly Americans, I've seen a couple of people say they don't talk about their guns on the internet, and that's cool. But the large majority chat about it very much like chatting about what kind of car they have or what kind of computer or Iphone they use. It's just not a big deal.

Yep guns are an egocentric bizarre prestige badge in the US, prancing round with guns hanging off their hips, lying on the tables, beside beds, in car glove boxes and just about anywhere. For some insane reason they get a kick our of people seeing their guns and being able to brag about their purchases or prizes they have murdered.

In Aus, it's illegal to have your guns outside their safe, other than preparing for a shoot or cleaning, we also have to keep our magazines and ammunition locked away separately to the body of the gun. We can't stick them under the pillow, have them in a side draw or anywhere, except their legal safe and the keys have to be kept where they can't be easily accessed by people, or kids.

Very few kids are killed in gun accidents or shootings here, in the US, it's open slather on kids, they die and are severely injured daily their parents guns and ion the common gun battles on the streets.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 13 Apr 2019, 09:32

DonDeeHippy wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Well, Don, we do have restrictions here, and laws, contrary to popular belief.

And consider this ... Even in Australia, some people do do harm to others, one way or the other, if they are determined to do it.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Apr 2019, 13:24

SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

And consider this ... Even in Australia, some people do do harm to others, one way or the other, if they are determined to do it.

:rofl :rofl nice politician answer Seth..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 13 Apr 2019, 21:08

DonDeeHippy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

:rofl :rofl nice politician answer Seth..... :purple

Took me a while to come up with it too! :bgrin

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 14 Apr 2019, 10:49

SethBullock wrote:
Took me a while to come up with it too! :bgrin

you'll have to get quicker if you have any aspirations of running for congress.

Who knows, you might even get me to vote republic

:bgrin
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 14 Apr 2019, 13:47

Seth Country is Democrat territory. I am told by a bloke from Seattle whom I played golf with last Wednesday that the few Republicans in those parts deliberately wear MAGA hats to 'piss the Democrats off.' I guess I would too in those circumstances.

He was a Republican. Miraculously, I did not get up him, even though he was agonisingly 'comatose turtle' slow on the Course. He did not know Seth, surprisingly.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 14 Apr 2019, 13:50

Aussie wrote:Seth Country is Democrat territory. I am told by a bloke from Seattle whom I played golf with last Wednesday that the few Republicans in those parts deliberately wear MAGA hats to 'piss the Democrats off.' I guess I would too in those circumstances.

He was a Republican. Miraculously, I did not get up him, even though he was agonisingly 'comatose turtle' slow on the Course. He did not know Seth, surprisingly.

Yeah, we don't call it "The Left Coast" for nothing. :roll

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 16 Apr 2019, 12:38

Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

He would change his tone quickly here. At least he would in person. We have strict laws concerning starting or encouraging a conflict that leads to them shooting someone when the shooting would otherwise be legal. Road rage is the best example I can think of. I've walked away from arguments to avoid a fight and the person thought I was a coward, but we both went home those nights. Carrying a gun is the dumbest thing you can do if you can't control your temper. Not learning the related law before carrying is another. A gun amplifies any trouble you get yourself into.

Yeh, because you're the ultimate fountain of knowledge :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Texan » 16 Apr 2019, 12:48

Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Yeh, because you're the ultimate fountain of knowledge :Hi

I just call it like I see it. If you talked like you post while carrying a gun here, you would either get your hat handed to you or you would end up shooting somebody. You can't encourage conflict and have a defense to prosecution. It's like baiting a trap and it will put you in prison and you will be somebody's girlfriend.

Texas Penal Code:
Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or

(C) was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and

(3) was not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic at the time the force was used.
Texan
Cheetah

PreviousNext

Return to Politics