Dream holiday

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Dream holiday

Postby Tally » 07 Feb 2019, 07:19

(vacation for our American friends) :)
Cost and time is not a factor.

I'd love to do a tour of the Mediterranean Islands, Formentera, Mallorca, Sardinia etc.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

spamone: Animal

Re: Dream holiday

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Feb 2019, 13:14

Austria, Italy, Germany, Slovenia, UK, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Finland, Sweden.

One week in each.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 07 Feb 2019, 13:36

I'd like to ride a Harley across the US and take in the sights. The Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns and caverns all over the US, and I'd like to go ziplining, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, maybe work on a cattle drive, go on a helicopter hog hunt, camp on the beach on North Padre Island again, go deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, and stay on a boat in Lake Texoma for a couple of weeks to fish and swim.

I'm sure there are lots of great places to visit all over the world, but there is too much to do here that I haven't done.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Feb 2019, 13:40

Yeah, I'd like to do Route 66 in a V8 Mustang.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Feb 2019, 16:10

I’d like to drive across the Nallabor, take in Kalgoorlie, Perth, Margaret River, Pilbara, Kimberleys, Darwin, Gulf country, Atherton Tablelands and back down the east coast, Hunter Valley, Sydney, Rutherglen and home. Spend time discovering Tasmania but that will happen anyway.

I do encourage, strongly, that people travel outside their country. Great for giving perspective!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 07 Feb 2019, 18:00

The Gibb River road
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Lols » 07 Feb 2019, 22:16

On the bucket list, Ulluru, (Ayers Rock), and Tasmania, also, going back to Italy to associate with the rellies since I only went there once in 2001 to discover where my parents originated from.
I also want to go back to California to associate with the other rellies. And to have more time to discover Disneyland. Also, want to do a road trip around parts of Australia.

I have been to Fiji, Noumea/New Caledonia, New Zealand, Italy, Canada, Alaska, California, China, Bali, and within Australia, Queensland, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney (and of course my birth town of Melbourne!)
Also, have been on 6 cruises, and totally love it!

Still room for more adventures and different far away places to appreciate, with different cultures, foods, and way of living.
Funny thing is, I always like coming back home....for some reason, I don't like being away too long.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 08 Feb 2019, 15:24

Lols wrote: I always like coming back home..

always ranked number 1 of 'preferred destinations' :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Feb 2019, 19:40

Sprintcyclist wrote:The Gibb River road

Nice mesa!
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Tally » 09 Feb 2019, 12:12

Some amazing dear holidays there. I also have a thing for Zanzibar. It looks so exotic, and I'd love to visit Freddie's house.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby Tally » 19 Feb 2019, 06:37

Not a dream holiday, but I just booked myself a week in Noosa Heads. I haven't been there since I was a teenager.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby Texan » 19 Feb 2019, 09:02

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:The Gibb River road

Nice mesa!

That looks a lot like West Texas or portions of New Mexico.

Texan
Cheetah

Postby Aussie » 19 Feb 2019, 09:31

Oi, Monk......the long offshore cyclone giving the Qld Coast huge surf is named after a relation of yours....Oma.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Feb 2019, 09:38

Yes, I commented on that somewhere or other.

We stayed at her house the week or so before we boarded the ship for Australia. Talk about emotional!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 19 Feb 2019, 13:23

Tally wrote:Not a dream holiday, but I just booked myself a week in Noosa Heads. I haven't been there since I was a teenager.

Noosas pretty good.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Tally » 19 Feb 2019, 17:44

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Tally wrote:Not a dream holiday, but I just booked myself a week in Noosa Heads. I haven't been there since I was a teenager.

Noosas pretty good.

I haven't been since the 80s. I wonder if anything's changed? :giggle
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 19 Feb 2019, 17:54

Tally wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

Noosas pretty good.

Sure has. Bring money. You'll need it. Next time you come up here.....go to Mooloolaba.
Aussie

Postby Tally » 20 Feb 2019, 06:59

Aussie wrote:
Tally wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

Noosas pretty good.

Sure has. Bring money. You'll need it. Next time you come up here.....go to Mooloolaba.

It certainly looks like it's catering to the high end these days. I have apartment style room so I can sort out most of my meals and avoid the rip-offs.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2019, 15:29

Tally wrote: I wonder if anything's changed? :giggle

I prefer to saty at Noosaville. Noosa heads does nothing for me. Half a day to stroll through the shops and I'm over it.

Noosaville however I can spend days there (it's also where I proposed to my wife). Plenty to do on the river like fishing, boating, jetski's etc, good restaurants (Maisie's Seafood & Steakhouse along the river is the absolute BEST. If I could convince the wife I'd drive up just for dinner then drive back to the goldie) and cafes, nowhere near the crowds of noosa heads. It's just more relaxed and laid back.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 20 Feb 2019, 15:38

johnsmith wrote:

I prefer to saty at Noosaville. Noosa heads does nothing for me. Half a day to stroll through the shops and I'm over it.

Noosaville however I can spend days there (it's also where I proposed to my wife). Plenty to do on the river like fishing, boating, jetski's etc, good restaurants (Maisie's Seafood & Steakhouse along the river is the absolute BEST. If I could convince the wife I'd drive up just for dinner then drive back to the goldie) and cafes, nowhere near the crowds of noosa heads. It's just more relaxed and laid back.

Absurd prices.

Link.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2019, 16:09

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Absurd prices.

Link.

worth every penny ....... I'm talking about their steaks.

Their seafood was good, but not worth driving 2.5hrs for. :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Tally » 21 Feb 2019, 07:34

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Absurd prices.

Link.

That's about typical for Sydney and Melbourne prices which is why I almost never eat out. :bgrin
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby Tally » 24 Feb 2019, 12:23

Wowza, glad I didn't book for this week. It looks wild up there.
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 24 Feb 2019, 12:36

Tally wrote:Wowza, glad I didn't book for this week. It looks wild up there.

The weather is fine with pretty clear skies...but windy. Surf is dangerous and many beaches are closed. Not sure if Noosa Beach is closed as it does have protection against stuff from the south. That beach faces north.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 24 Feb 2019, 12:44

Tally wrote:Wowza, glad I didn't book for this week. It looks wild up there.

It's actually quite nice, if a little windy. After the hot weather we've been having the cool breeze is very refreshing. I'm sitting here in just shorts, no top, enjoying the breeze.

Yesterday we spent the day at Burleigh Heads watching a couple of surfers enjoying the big waves. Those guys are nuts, but it was a good spectacle nevertheless. There were only two guys game enough at Burleigh. The surf was coming all the way up the beach onto the dunes. Walking along the beach we had to keep an eye on the waves and run to the higher dunes whenever a bigger set of waves rolled in.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Next

Return to Sand Pit