New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Dax » 04 Oct 2018, 18:13

Sir Bobby wrote:I can't understand that last graph.

Monk - one day you'll thank me for showing you the light.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Dax
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 18:14

You reckon you are an engineer and you can’t understand the last graph?

Do you know what ln(x) means?

Show me the light? You have shown me the words of an obvious lying charlatan, a scammer!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Oct 2018, 18:36

Dax wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:I can't understand that last graph.

Monk - one day you'll thank me for showing you the light.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You explain it Dax,
don't go and ask Monk in the members room - so your appear smart.
No cheating now!

Most graphs will have say time on the x axis & some other variable such as temperature on the Y axis.
That is a strange graph.

cheers
your humble servant and messenger

Bobby
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 18:41

It is a standard graph. No time or dates involved and they do not have to be.

What does ln(x) mean, Booby?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Oct 2018, 18:44

HBS Guy wrote:It is a standard graph. No time or dates involved and they do not have to be.

What does ln(x) mean, Booby?

High school kids know that,

it's loge to base e - the natural log.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 18:46

Took you long enough to Google that.

Now take another look at that graph and tell me what you see, Gobby.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Oct 2018, 18:48

HBS Guy wrote:Took you long enough to Google that.

Now take another look at that graph and tell me what you see, Gobby.

No Monkey boy.
Let Dax explain it without any help since he laughed so much.
By the way - I use the exponential function quite a lot in my work.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 18:54

Bullshit, you had to Google ln(x) and now you STILL don’t know what the graph represents.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 19:27

I guess Booby could Google ln(x) but he can’t find the image to see what it is about :rofl :rofl :rofl
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Oct 2018, 21:04

HBS Guy wrote:I guess Booby could Google ln(x) but he can’t find the image to see what it is about :rofl :rofl :rofl

I notice Dax took off in a hurry.
No one can understand that crazy graph.
Post something meaningful.
Stop wasting valuable time.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 21:27

It is a very good graph. It shows, ignoramus, how CO2 concentration and global temperatures are related.

There is a time element in the graph. Can you identify it? Two time elements, actually.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Oct 2018, 22:46

Greenland total mass balance:

Shows Greenland is losing net ice.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Oct 2018, 08:14

The graph Booby couldn’t understand:

It comes from a Keith Pickering:
Keith Pickering

@KeithAPickering Follow Follow @KeithAPickering More

Replying to @GillesnFio @MightyApollo and 42 others
"no evidence"? Why are these data linear?

Can you answer the “why linear” question, Princess Gobby?

CO2 concentrations are increasing exponentially so the log (the natural logarithm) of CO2 concentration is plotted on the X axis. So we have a log-linear graph. These are pretty standard in engineering and science, Booby didn’t have a clue, notice that?

The Y-axis is temperature anomalies.

Since CO2 concentrations increase over time there is a time element in the graph. Again, Booby could not spot this. Unusual for such a highly trained engineer :rofl :rofl :rofl The left part of the X axis is obviously older readings, moving to the right we get more recent readings. None of this is hard. Further, the log of the CO2 concentration 21 years before the temperature reading is used. That is a bit odd?

I am not sure how they settled on 21 years. However, the main effect of CO2 is to raise temperature a bit and this raised temperature increases water vapor in the atmosphere and this provides 75% of the warming. So goes forever the mantra that CO2 follows temperature, it leads it.

The graph shows the very strong correlation of CO2 and temperature. We see no cooling—Booby’s ice age is stuff to fool intellectual babies. Nor does Greenland ice show any increase and we know the last of the thick, multiyear ice has gone from the Arctic Ocean. Only a fool believes we are heading into a mini ice age.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Oct 2018, 08:31

For the intellectually challenged Booby, a different log-lin chart. Won’t make it any easier for Booby, of course:

The chart indicates the time element that the log-lin chart contained.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Oct 2018, 11:25

Global Mean Sea Level, also not showing any imaginary (but profitable for scammers) mini ice age:

Let us look at the sea level over a longer timescale:
The red line shows the sea level rate through time; the blue line shows the average level for comparison. The acceleration is obvious.

https://tamino.wordpress.com/2017/01/30/sea-level-acceleration/

So sea level rise is accelerating. Means Greenland and Antarctica are both adding to ocean rise, as is thermal expansion of the warming sea water. No sign of a mini ice age.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Oct 2018, 20:21

Seems I have scared off Booby who obviously has no Uni education at all!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Oct 2018, 18:30

The MWP and LIA and today:

Can Princess Gobby interpret this graph? Not holding my breath.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Oct 2018, 13:54

New mini ice age shouts Princess Gobby.

Not really—giant iceberg about to break off the Pine Island Glacier:

https://www.livescience.com/63782-pine-island-glacier-rift.html

If the resulting iceberg is large enough, it will receive a name, Lhermitte noted. But, regardless of whether the crack leads to one or many icebergs, this will be the sixth large-calving event that Pine Island Glacier has experienced since 2001, he said.

Granted, it's natural for a glacier to calf icebergs. But what's concerning about Pine Island Glacier is that it's calving icebergs more frequently than it used to, Lhermitte said. Pine Island Glacier birthed icebergs in January 2001, November 2007, December 2011, August 2015 and September 2017.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2018, 12:30

Another challenge for the deluded {rincess Gobby:

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2018, 15:35

A video from a real expert in her field. Dr Jennifer Francis talks about the Jet Stream and how that governed the behavior of Florence (and, probably, Hurricane Michael.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZTiFA39T8I
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2018, 13:34

Dubyne & Co likely funded by Big Oil to sow uncertainty re AGW.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Oct 2018, 11:22

2018, a La Nina year, is 69% likely to be a top 5 warmest year, possibly 4th warmest. Go through the temperature record and you see that 5th warmest year occur all through the record since 1970. Each warmest year is warmer than the previous record.

What is staggering: La Nina year 2018 is way warmer than big El Nino year 1998! Just think on that for a minute: La Nina years are now warmer than El Nino years used to be just 2 decades previous to the La Nina year!

Also see how much warmer we are than the late 1800s. An ice age now is not going to happen. Dubyne is a liar.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Nov 2018, 08:29

Oh dear. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

This ice age crap Princess Gobby has been carrying on with despite a complete lack of evidence. . .is the output of an ultra-simplistic model that could not predict previous GSMs when given the data. Models based on AGW are first given historical data to see how it predicts known trends etc.

The Zharkova model fails that test. The sun is not a pendulum with regular swings, it is too bloody complex for that yet the Zharkova model is based on the sun being metronomically regular.

No GSM in 2022.

When a GSM happens, which it will, the cooling it brings will be trivial, 0.3°C at most. A GSM does not remove the CO2, CH4, N2O, CFCs etc from the atmosphere so AGW will continue, the weather pattern in a GSM now will look like:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2018, 16:19

Poor, poor, poor Booby. “We are in an ice age, 350 pages of evidence!” he bleats. Right:

A total fire ban remains in place for parts of Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia with temperatures set to hit an “unbearable” 47 degrees in tropical Western Australia ahead of a three-day heatwave.

In Melbourne’s CBD, the temperature pushed 40 degrees at 3.13pm

In the past 24 hours, up to 200 firefighters have been dispatched to bushfires which erupted near Ballarat in Victoria and on Kangaroo Island in South Australia on Thursday.

The high temperatures and bushfire threats come as an inquiry was ordered into vegetation management after the recent devastating Queensland bushfires.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/weather/2018/12/07/bushfires-heat-health-risks/

Give over, dickhead. The globe is warming not cooling.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 07 Dec 2018, 17:45

HBS Guy wrote:Poor, poor, poor Booby. “We are in an ice age, 350 pages of evidence!” he bleats. Right:

A total fire ban remains in place for parts of Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia with temperatures set to hit an “unbearable” 47 degrees in tropical Western Australia ahead of a three-day heatwave.

In Melbourne’s CBD, the temperature pushed 40 degrees at 3.13pm

In the past 24 hours, up to 200 firefighters have been dispatched to bushfires which erupted near Ballarat in Victoria and on Kangaroo Island in South Australia on Thursday.

The high temperatures and bushfire threats come as an inquiry was ordered into vegetation management after the recent devastating Queensland bushfires.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/weather/2018/12/07/bushfires-heat-health-risks/

Give over, dickhead. The globe is warming not cooling.

Come on monk, here's the proof he needs, to be right. :rofl

Just watch how things rapidly change over the next 2 years, we may well see very very fast collapses happening throughout both hemispheres can causing see level rise of metres over a couple of months.

NEW BRUNSWICK -

"A researcher at Rutgers University says climate change is real and that the consequences are potentially catastrophic for the world.

For centuries, the enormous ice sheet covering the arctic island of Greenland has been relatively stable. But Rutgers geology professor Dr. Asa Rennermalm says that Greenland’s glaciers are melting at a much faster rate than expected.

“I would say the whole arctic is ground zero for climate change,” Rennermalm says. "The warming of the arctic is about twice as fast as the rest of the globe."

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/39456 ... n-expected
Dax
mountain lion

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit