The latest shame from Nauru

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Sprintcyclist » 07 Sep 2018, 14:59

HBS Guy wrote:They came here seeking asylum which is legal, even with unauthorised arrival. We ARE a signatory to the UN Refugee Convention!

well, we should unsign.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Sep 2018, 15:12

In the meantime—Nauru and Manus Is.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 07 Sep 2018, 15:15

HBS Guy wrote:In the meantime—Nauru and Manus Is.

They sound like Tropical holiday islands to me.
Are there resorts there?
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 07 Sep 2018, 15:17

The UN is stuffed, a basket case of parochialism, nepotism and corruption. Less than 15% of UN aid money gets to anyone, the majority goes to multinationals who provide their second rate and contaminated food goods to the UN at exorbitant prices and it's pure junk. At least Aus provides decent food and accommodation, which the cretins continue to wreck, destroy and riot. In most other refugee camps, when that happens, they come in with guns and battens and flatten everyone.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby Sprintcyclist » 07 Sep 2018, 15:59

Dax wrote:The UN is stuffed, a basket case of parochialism, nepotism and corruption. Less than 15% of UN aid money gets to anyone, the majority goes to multinationals who provide their second rate and contaminated food goods to the UN at exorbitant prices and it's pure junk. At least Aus provides decent food and accommodation, which the cretins continue to wreck, destroy and riot. In most other refugee camps, when that happens, they come in with guns and battens and flatten everyone.

Yes.
The UN absorbs enormous resources and provides very little.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby Auggie » 07 Sep 2018, 18:24

HBS Guy wrote:Sprint parades his Christianity, even mods a religion board on OzPol. It was a fair question.

OTOH—where have I said I am a rabid nationalist?

I didn’t say rabid nationalist. I said nationalist. All of us at least acknowledge the idea of a nation state and that citizenship is based on certain criteria. I believe in the nation state as other people believe in theirs. I also believe that citizenship confers rights and advantages not necessarily available to other people. It doesn’t justify dehumanising other people. It is also true that as soon as we acknowledge the existence of a nation state and borders, then already there are competing priorities in resources implicit in this.

Maybe nationalism is wrong. Maybe it’s fascist. I don’t know. I can only say what I believe.

I believe in the nation state.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Sep 2018, 18:43

True, I am a citizen of Australia. I have said I have been tempted to retire in NZ but that Australia is my country. But I don’t PARADE it like Sprint parades his faith.

We can take 20–30,000 refugees (including family reunions.) Yes, the first generation, like all first generation immigrants will move to where other Muslims already are. Doesn’t mean their kids will.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Sep 2018, 20:21

Dax wrote:, states to be classed as a refugee, you have to go directly to the country you are applying to enter.

bullshit

I've seen bombing bunkers that aren't as thick as you
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Auggie » 08 Sep 2018, 11:42

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:, states to be classed as a refugee, you have to go directly to the country you are applying to enter.

bullshit

I've seen bombing bunkers that aren't as thick as you

I believe that what the charter says?? Perhaps you could read it and find out?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Sep 2018, 12:14

The first country that is a signatory to the UN Convention on Refugees. Malaysia and Indonesia are not.

If a refugee flees his country, perhaps because we are bombing it back to the stone age, goes to the next country and hops on a plane to Indo—if that country is not a signatory then when he arrives in Australia he is a legit asylum seeker, NOT an “illegal.” Very nazi like, slapping a false tag on a group of people BTW. He may be classed as a legitimate refugee and if so he should be allowed to settle here. Why waste VAST sums of money imprisoning refugees? $5Bn a year? They could be generating that in tax revenue if allowed to settle here. Most leave their country with some capital. Let them spend and invest it here!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Auggie » 08 Sep 2018, 15:03

HBS Guy wrote:The first country that is a signatory to the UN Convention on Refugees. Malaysia and Indonesia are not.

If a refugee flees his country, perhaps because we are bombing it back to the stone age, goes to the next country and hops on a plane to Indo—if that country is not a signatory then when he arrives in Australia he is a legit asylum seeker, NOT an “illegal.” Very nazi like, slapping a false tag on a group of people BTW. He may be classed as a legitimate refugee and if so he should be allowed to settle here. Why waste VAST sums of money imprisoning refugees? $5Bn a year? They could be generating that in tax revenue if allowed to settle here. Most leave their country with some capital. Let them spend and invest it here!

Dax? HBS makes a good point: th first country is usually not a signatory, so technically if they come to Australia, we are the ‘first’ country. Right??

Btw Monk. The point is to deter maritime arrivals. Plane arrivals are already controlled but maritime arrivals can’t be controlled to the same extent.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Sep 2018, 15:10

Boat turnbacks will keep maritime unauthorised arrivals away.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 08 Sep 2018, 16:33

Auggie wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:The first country that is a signatory to the UN Convention on Refugees. Malaysia and Indonesia are not.

Dax? HBS makes a good point: th first country is usually not a signatory, so technically if they come to Australia, we are the ‘first’ country. Right??

Btw Monk. The point is to deter maritime arrivals. Plane arrivals are already controlled but maritime arrivals can’t be controlled to the same extent.

To understand the two charters which represent refugees, you have to read them and the other associated documents. Today most middle eastern economic insurgents, come through Turkey and Egypt, which are signatories of both charters. They also try to go through Israel, which is also a signatory, but shoot on sight those fleeing conflict.

The reason most middle eastern and other muslim countries didn't sign the charters, is because within the Koran there are numerous rules and state obligations for those fleeing, that's why they can fly to Indonesia and enter freely. As muslims they have almost free access to any other muslims country.

There are also provisions and requirements for refugees to adhere to the laws of the countries they enter, or according to the convention, if they don't they can be forcibly sent back to where they come from immediately.

The we have the Dublin system used by most western countries, which allows countries who have the UN charter, to refuse or return those seeking asylum to safe countries they have transited through, even if they are not signatories, as according to the system, they have not come directly to the country they want to enter.

This is now being applied throughout Europe, they are sending back thousands on planes to Nth Africa, Turkey, Egypt, irrelevant to their safety as they transited through those countries to get to Europe. Europe is also adopting the Aus way of boat turn backs and forced returns, unlike the brain dead insane ideologues,who can only see their fantasy land day dreams and not the socially destructive threat posed by allowing these ideological misfits into their countries.

Fools always jump on the PC band wagon and never look at the real facts of what they are deludingly demanding, hence the chaos around the planet. The lowlife like the cloned ideological slaves they are, stick dramatically to the fantasy and then insult and abuse those who bring truth to a discussion.

On one hand they claim they are against racism, then when they are revealed as idiots, they instantly reveal their true mentality, racist, bigoted and deep in denial, as they slither deeper into their deranged sewer mindset.

They don't generate tax revenue, they bleed the welfare system, increase crime rates and disrupt our society.

There is nothing in either charters, which states they have to go to a UN charter country to be accepted. It states they must go directly to a safe country, no stipulation of a charter country. So they are not eligible to enter Aus in any way.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Sep 2018, 19:30

Dax wrote: .............. always jump on the PC band wagon and never look at the real facts of what they are deludingly demanding, hence the chaos around the planet. The lowlife like the cloned ideological slaves they are, stick dramatically to the fantasy ......................

Jumping on the PC bandwagon makes anyone seem 'progressive, compassionate and generous.'
It is easy to do and there is a lot of social pressure to do that.

Not being on the PC bandwagon gives anyone unlimited encouraged abuse.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Sep 2018, 19:36

There is no point keeping the people on Manus & Nauru in life imprisonment without charge. This goes all the way back to Magna Carta.

Nothing brave about it, as can be seen from the way they want to hide their shameful actions from scrutiny.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Sep 2018, 19:44

HBS Guy wrote:There is no point keeping the people on Manus & Nauru in life imprisonment without charge. This goes all the way back to Magna Carta.

Nothing brave about it, as can be seen from the way they want to hide their shameful actions from scrutiny.

yes, deport them all immediately
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 08 Sep 2018, 20:14

Auggie wrote:I believe that what the charter says??

then you'd be wrong. Unless you want to cherry pick the quotes from the charter like Dax does

Auggie wrote:HBS makes a good point: th first country is usually not a signatory, so technically if they come to Australia, we are the ‘first’ country. Right??
o come to Australia

ingo

and despite what dax says, they don't go through egypt or turkey. If thats what he thinks then I doubt he's ever seen a map of the world.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Auggie » 09 Sep 2018, 12:09

johnsmith wrote:then you'd be wrong. Unless you want to cherry pick the quotes from the charter like Dax does

Are you talking about what the Charter actually says, or how it's 'generally' interpreted by the majority of signatories?

johnsmith wrote:and despite what dax says, they don't go through egypt or turkey. If thats what he thinks then I doubt he's ever seen a map of the world.

How do you know?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 09 Sep 2018, 13:22

Auggie wrote:How do you know?

common sense. A lot of our refugees came from Afghanistan and Iraq, why would they travel thousands of miles to go to turkey or Egypt only to turn around and head back the other way? I don't doubt that some certainly came through those countries, but to claim most, Dax is dreaming again.

Auggie wrote:Are you talking about what the Charter actually says, or how it's 'generally' interpreted by the majority of signatories?

it's always about interpretation. 'Safe' doesn't mean crossing a border.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 Sep 2018, 18:19

Nauru is now in financial problems as there are so few illegal there.

It is a win/win/win situation for Australia
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 11 Sep 2018, 14:24

mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 28 Sep 2018, 11:49

mothra
Duck

Postby Squire » 28 Sep 2018, 13:55

mothra wrote:Image

The prohibition of board games in detention centers is a violation of human rights.
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Oct 2018, 08:28

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 06 Oct 2018, 19:12

says a lot when reporters are allowed to bring cameras into jails, cameras into war zones, cameras in other peoples bedrooms, cameras into ones workplace

but cameras on nauru are simply not permitted

what is the govt. hiding?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics