Booby

Past election and other vintage threads.

Booby

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Dec 2017, 17:44

Booby is a liar. He also believes an obvious liar by the name of Dubyne.

The Arctic is filling with thick ice, apparently. The same liar said the NW passage would be blocked by thick ice the next year. Ha! The next year a big cruise ship sailed through the NW without needing ice breaker support.

This NH winter thick ice is again (supposed to be) forming in the Arctic. Yeah, right:

Arctic Sea Ice Hits Record Lows Off Alaska
While ice is growing in some parts of the Arctic, a mix of warm Pacific water and fierce storms has stunted sea ice growth off Alaska. "We've never seen anything quite like this before," said Mark Serreze, the director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center. "There's just a hell of a lot of heat there."

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/30112017/arctic-sea-ice-extent-record-chukchi-bering-sea-alaska-ocean

Besides being a liar and a troll Booby is a gullible fool.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Booby

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Dec 2017, 15:52

He is also slinging off at me while I am banned, typical poof behavior,

Still going on about me not understanding oscillations in an underdamped system. That is not what the article he keeps on linking to says. I notice Booby never ever goes into any details, I think the poof is not an engineer at all!

What is happening: more and more GHGs are being put into the atmosphere and these GHGs block more and more thermal IR from escaping into space so the surface heats and heats. Yet Booby thinks we are in an ice age :rofl :rofl :rofl

So stupid! We are supposed to be in an ice age because the sun is going into a Grand Solar Minimum, like the Maunder Minimum. Yet the last MM did NOT cause the last Little Ice Age! The LIA existed before and after the MM.

So Booby has been sucked in by a snake oil salesman selling an incredibly flawed story. A minor wrong detail: 50 years of heavy volcanic activity is thought to have started the last LIA. So now, according to the snake oil salesman the GSM or the ice age or some bullshit is causing volcanoes and earthquakes.

Booby believes all this total shit and thinks it is me that doesn’t understand climate :huh
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Dec 2017, 08:36

Oh dear, Blooby said:

Good work DRAH,
even people like Monk can see that 2017 is colder.

When presented with this graph:

The graph shows CLEARLY that 2017 Arctic temperatures have been well above the 1958–2002 average for most of the year. So the Arctic is hotter which would explain why so little multiyear ice is left!

Clearly a L I E by Blooby.

If Booby REALLY thinks the graph shows this year is colder than he is an idiot.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Dec 2017, 06:44

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1512732135/0#0

The Moronic posts some crap from Breitbart.

Oh, sea levels aren’t really rising. Booby of course has to sling off at me safe in knowing I am banned.

Of course sea levels are rising! Just consider:

1. Thermal expansion of the oceans as ocean temperatures keep rising.

2. The continuing retreat of nearly all glaciers

3. Greenland shedding ice

4. West Antarctica shedding ice

5. East Antarctica has started losing ice—the Totten glacier.\

6. The “third pole” The Himalayan Ice Sheet is losing ice.

We know that sea levels are rising and it doesn’t matter if that rightwing site Breitbard publishes a hundred articles saying they aren’t! One would expect an engineer to know that, assuming Booby really is an engineer which I don’t. Gullible fool is about how I rate him. We know sea levels are rising from tide gauge data and from satellite data and from common sense.

Common sense tells you that as the world warms, particularly the seas and atmosphere, you get more evaporation from warmer seas into warmer air. That extra moisture in the air ends up precipitating as the moist air moves over land. You would think that even a gullible fool like Booby would understand that. You would be wrong.

Have a look at the silly YouTubes Booby believes in religiously. They are so fraudulent it defies belief that people believe them. One a week or two ago mentioned mold etc in oranges. Yeah, Florida got hit by three fucking hurricanes which bring heavy rain as well as strong winds. The latest compilation of lies and bullshit talks about rot in Irish potatoes, fields so wet machines couldn’t work them*. Of course, he does NOT remind his dupes of Hurricane Ophelia which hit the northern British Isles bringing—winds and heavy rain.

* This is similar to a lie he told early this year. Reports were veges were being rationed in UK supermarkets—because of the non-existent ice age of course. I didn’t believe that, not being a gullible fool so did a bit of Googling. Well well well, what did I find? The Murcia(?) and Valencia regions of Spain, that grow 80% of Europe’s winter veges—had been hit by rain so heavy that the fields were unworkable. Heavy rain—a sign of AGW!

Now Booby was fed some crap, probably by Dubyne who would have been given it by someone, the person or organisation paying him to produce the silly YouTubes most likely, about underdamped oscillating systems. I guess that is Booby trying to hang onto the ice age fantasy. Notice Booby has not expanded on that? He just repeats the crap but clearly does not understand it.

No, Booby, we are not going into an ice age. We are headed into increasing warmth as AGW continues. I expect that to happen until serious, enormous floods hit the US east coast when the science will finally be taken seriously by policy makers. In the meantime, renewable energy is advancing despite reactionary, uneducated idiots like abbott and trumpy.

Booby, when did the last LIA start? It was hundreds of years before the last GSM aka Maunder Minimum, right? So why do you think a GSM, not that there is any evidence for one, would cause an ice age? Can you answer that?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Dec 2017, 07:24

Booby posts something—given to him by Dubyne most likely who would have been given it from someone else—that he doesn’t understand, not being an engineer unless he is an engineer of origami or something:

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: New Ice Age..
Reply #4149 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 3:33pm I can only explain the oscillations in temperatures as per here:
as I wrote before:
It's all about wild oscillations of a closed loop system -
something that Monk can't understand.

http://curry.eas.gatech.edu/climate/pdf ... alleyC.pdf
The concepts behind feedbacks
as applied to climate change are derived from concepts in control theory
that were first developed for electronics. By examining separate
feedback loops, one can gain a sense of the direction of the influence of
the feedback on a change in the state of the system, whether it is
reinforcing or damping, and the relative importance of a given feedback
when compared with other feedbacks. Climate change can therefore be
viewed as the result of adjustment among compensating feedback
processes, each of which behaves in a characteristically nonlinear
fashion. The fact that the climate of the Earth has varied in the past
between rather narrow limits despite large variations in external forcing
is evidence for the efficiency and robustness of these feedbacks.
A variety of climate feedback mechanisms have been identified,
including radiation feedbacks that involve water vapor and clouds, ocean
feedbacks that involve the hydrological cycle, and biospheric feedbacks
that involve the carbon cycle. In our consideration of thermodynamic
feedbacks in the climate system, we will concentrate on the radiative and
ocean thermohaline feedbacks. The radiation feedback processes that are
of interest in the context of the climate system include the snow/ice-
albedo feedback, water vapor feedback, and cloud-radiation feedbacks.

31 pages follow this

I have read most of those 31 pages, a pity Booby never did :rofl and they don’t say what Booby says they say!

Have a look at these two lines from the crap Booby posted:

The fact that the climate of the Earth has varied in the past between rather narrow limits despite large variations in external forcing is evidence for the efficiency and robustness of these feedbacks.

Does NOT sound like an “underdamped system” to me.

Booby is full of crap!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Dec 2017, 17:33

Booby, log on if you want to post.

You post crap anyway so why bother?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Dec 2017, 18:33

I posted about your pathetic crap in the AGW board.

Post as Booby or see your posts disappear, OK?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Dec 2017, 19:41

You have lots of posts here as Booby. A few more won’t hurt. No proxie posts will be approved.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Dec 2017, 10:18

Booby the so–called christian:

2 muff divers married today

Very nice.

Booby is the sort of christian in name only who offends people then says he “forgives” them instead of apologising to them. The only apology he wants is from those he offends.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Dec 2017, 17:53

American Meteorological Society joins others in determining that weather extremes could not have occurred without AGW:

Explaining Extreme Events from a Climate Perspective
This BAMS special report presents assessments of how human-caused climate change may have affected the strength and likelihood of individual extreme events.

This sixth edition of explaining extreme events of the previous year (2016) from a climate perspective is the first of these reports to find that some extreme events were not possible in a preindustrial climate[My emphasis. The events were the 2016 record global heat, the heat across Asia, as well as a marine heat wave off the coast of Alaska. While these results are novel, they were not unexpected. Climate attribution scientists have been predicting that eventually the influence of human-caused climate change would become sufficiently strong as to push events beyond the bounds of natural variability aloneMy emphasis.] It was also predicted that we would first observe this phenomenon for heat events where the climate change influence is most pronounced. Additional retrospective analysis will reveal if, in fact, these are the first events of their kind or were simply some of the first to be discovered

https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/publications/bulletin-of-the-american-meteorological-society-bams/explaining-extreme-events-from-a-climate-perspective/

“climate change influence is most pronounced” is of course at the poles where albedo changes accelerate AGW.

From the Report cited above:

Global annual-mean surface temperature set a record
high in 2016
in at least three observational datasets—
GISTEMP (Hansen et al. 2010), HadCRUT4.5 (Morice
et al. 2012), and NOAA (Karl et al. 2015)—exceeding
the previous record set in 2015 (Fig. 3.1a). In contrast,
the last global mean annual cold record occurred
around 1910
. Record global warmth implies some
record warmth on regional scales as well (Kam et al.
2016), which can cause important impacts such as
thermal stress, coral bleaching, and melting of sea and
land ice (IPCC 2013). Decreased land ice, combined
with ocean heat uptake, contributes to sea level rise,
which can exacer

(Emphasis mine.)

So you can see that believing in an ice age now is ripest lunacy.

Booby thinks a storm dropping snow on the British Isles is a sign of an ice age. As the Barnacle told him but the idiot Booby ignored, precipitation does not imply cooling. Completely duped, brainwashed by an obvious liar.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Archive