OzPol, my 6month ban and The Protest

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: Aussie

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

OzPol, my 6month ban and The Protest

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 07:30

Yes, Vic banned me for SIX MONTHS! Yet abusive behavior on OzPol continues.

Fuzzball’s charming post:
And I couldn't give a flying ferk........

Thank goodness the sh!theads are on strike......hopefully permanently.........

Will he get a six month ban? Not even 6 minutes I bet! Two evasions of the swear filter there, no problem! For me, ONE evasion resulted in a one month ban.

Inconsistent and biased modding.

I will not be going back, ever!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: OzPol, my 6month ban and The Protest

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Nov 2017, 07:57

I received an abusive PM from Vic today, so I suspect my 6 month ban is just around the corner.

Gee, I didn't see that coming :roll
greggerypeccary
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 08:11

Vic is not up to the job, lets personal feelings—hurt pride—take over. Takes grown up people to be effective Mods and banning people should be the last, not their first, action to take.

Vic just did not bother to find out why I was so upset at him and acted out of pique. It is only people that care that get upset and they are the people that contribute quality debate. Vic doesn’t listen.

There will be more monster bans handed out, I can see that coming. 6 months will be a short ban before long.

Another protest is inevitable. Or we see just a faster loss of good people of the left and the right from OzPol. Phemanderac left some time ago, a real loss as he was an excellent poster. Twitter, facebook etc are leaching people from boards. As good people leave crap from light, lee, Grendel, aqua, booby and like morons becomes a bigger proportion of posts and drives off other more reasonable posters.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 14:00

I fucking LOVE this explanation by Vic at the end of his tether:

Let us say CART is a word in the filter. FD decides that C@RT, CA$T, C!RT and CAR# are aligned to cart and will be blocked. He aligns CART in the filter with the word "trolley". That means should any of the words above be typed, the filter will automatically change them to "trolley"

But, if I type !ART or C.A.R.T. it wont be changed because those variants have not been identified. Does that explain it a bit better? I FD were ( in the above example) identify all possible variations of the word CART, that word alone could have thousands.

So “fvvck off” is OK? Or “fkk” etc? Dickhead is fine.

What a fucked up Mod implementing fucked up rules on a fucked up board!

Fuck or variations are not to be used. Boom, simple rule.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 14:11

Aussie nails it re my ban:

The filter is there, it was evaded, a suspension occurs. Move on and get to something really meaty

So 'evading the swear filter' by posting 'farq off' is okay but if you use the correct letters of the f word and capitalise or space it, that is worth a SIX MONTH ban? You concede it is not a 'meaty' matter yet you have banned Monk for something not 'meaty' and for SIX MONTHS. I don't buy that Vic. No-one is. There is personal vindictiveness evident in my opinion and I am not alone.

Yup, I DARED challenge his move of half the post and bans have rained down on me since. Sure I evaded the swear filter as others do every time they post. Crack down on all of them or none of them. Or be a real man and ask what is bugging me. Not Vic, acts out of pique.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 14:32

No, not acting out of whims, vindictiveness:

Perhaps you should try a dry day every now and then

Complete absence of personal bias. Not.

Instead of just banning for six months, find out why I am so pissed off? Not Vic! Piss me off? 6 month ban! Bang!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 16:32

Wow, we see how the Strike DID hurt Vic:

I have suspended the Mod account for the forum moderator of relationships.

My reasoning is as follows.

Forum Moderators have a responsibility to uphold the basic principles and rules that this board relies on them to do. By openly participating in a "strike" or boycott of the OzPol forum, this Moderator has shown he doesn't give a stuff about his responsibilities to the forum and the reasons he was given authority to manage it on behalf of the Forum Owner. There is evidence on the Forum as well that this moderator has been lobbying others to leave the forum and participate in the "protest" and this also shows poor judgement.

If you wish to reverse my decision FD, I will leave it to you, otherwise, I will moderate relationships until a decision is made on a replacement

I will copy this to the moderator on his User Account.

When a Mod just hands out months then 6 month suspensions AND threatens a permanent ban he is ASKING for members to take some action to remove an inadequate and vindictive GMod. When the board owner shows contempt for his members and ignores their communications to him they HAVE to take stronger action. Seems the strike was a success. See what happens re the modship of Relationships but Vic went over his authority as GMod. Board Mods are not his province. Guess Vic is butthurt by the strike—the strike would not have been needed had Vic just communicated a bit.

I feel happier and happier about my decision not to return to OzPol. I will be able to spend more time on Twitter which offers decent moderation (I have had one or two one day bans there) and a vast audience.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 17:30

And Booby is a poof and coward! Attacking me where I cannot reply is the act of a cat loving poof and coward!

And Booby can come here, log on or not, and defend his cowardly, poofy actions!

Dubyne is a liar! There is no ice age! AGW will see serious flooding before long and THEN we will see serious action about AGW. Hopefully morons and liars like Dubyne and Booby will be rounded up and interned! I hear Manus is a nice place!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 19:26

I SAW Super Nova post what he thinks is Aussie’s real first name. That slimy cunt should be banned for life from both boards. That way MAYBE the sewer might become a decent board again.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 20:47

SN’s avatar is abuse of me. He is a weak and contemptible little turd.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 02 Nov 2017, 21:02

HBS Guy wrote:I SAW Super Nova post what he thinks is Aussie’s real first name. That slimy cunt should be banned for life from both boards. That way MAYBE the sewer might become a decent board again.

The similar posts of SN, AiA and Neferti are still there except one she has edited...where she said my real name starts with N.

Her edit was too late. I have a screen shot and I have sent her unedited post to some GMods.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 21:04

I should have taken a screenshot of SN’s post!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 21:08

Little snippy tries to bignote himself “I was Admin of the sewer” pathetic.

If the board owner doesn’t explain or answer communications some will try to gain his attention. Personally, FD can shove his forum.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 21:41

Too many fleabitten, mangy, stunted hyenas posting in Relationships. Closed the OzPol tab, doubt I will visit there again. What a dump!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 02 Nov 2017, 21:42

HBS Guy wrote:I should have taken a screenshot of SN’s post!

I have.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 21:52

More the merrier.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Nato » 02 Nov 2017, 22:00

Vic is a fucken fuckhead mate........just you are a bigger fuckhead so he wins
Nato

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 22:07

There you go!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Nato » 03 Nov 2017, 19:33

To Vics credit (and I think he is a fucken wanker), ozpol is way better off without monk Aussie and pecker and even my mate Smiffy . You cunts are not worth having. Cheers
Nato

Postby Aussie » 03 Nov 2017, 19:36

Nato wrote:To Vics credit (and I think he is a fucken wanker), ozpol is way better off without monk Aussie and pecker and even my mate Smiffy . You cunts are not worth having. Cheers

I don't care what you reckon. Fact is, I am there, so is Peccarry and so is Smith. Monk will be back.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Nato » 03 Nov 2017, 19:49

You must be proud,
Nato

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Nov 2017, 19:58

At least we register at the forums we post in.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 03 Nov 2017, 20:19

Nato wrote:You must be proud,

Who said anything about pride. You can whinge as much as you like. We are there and there is SFA you can do about it.

:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Nato » 03 Nov 2017, 20:21

Your life is complete, you must be proud
Nato

Postby Aussie » 03 Nov 2017, 21:18

Nato wrote:Your life is complete, you must be proud

No, I have at least three decades in me.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Return to Sand Pit