Why did labor lose ?

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby greggerypeccary » 24 May 2019, 13:15

Sprintcyclist wrote:labor lose because they are untrustworthy


They lost because the average Australian voter is a gullible fucking idiot.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby HBS Guy » 24 May 2019, 16:35

The campaing was weak, they let the lying nasty party frame their policies. Incredible—restrictions on pensions/part pensions were introduced by the Libs yet Labor is seeking to tax retirees? Have a climate policy but not able to say what it would cost?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52097
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby johnsmith » 24 May 2019, 17:02

Mr Morrison said "it sounds to me that he has struck a deal with the Greens" and questioned what the terms would be.

"What is that deal with the Greens? The Greens are up for death taxes. Even Andrew Leigh is up for death taxes, let alone the union movement," he said.

"What is the deal that Bill Shorten has with the Greens to get all of his taxes through and to get all of his carbon abatement policies, emissions reduction policies, which he won't even explain to the Australian people."


https://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/it-is-a-lie-bill-shorten-targets-liberals-for-death-tax-fake-news-on-facebook-20190420-p51fu6.html



............



Meanwhile, in Queensland, Colin Boyce, a state Liberal National MP, has paid for a Facebook advertisement featuring an old news story to stoke fears about the tax.

Facebook users targeted by the sponsored post see a screenshot of a provocative Daily Telegraph headline — "Unions want tax on inherited 'death' money" — from a story that is over a year old.

In a statement, Mr Boyce said he wanted voters to "seriously consider" Labor's potential policies.

"I have used my own money to boost this post of the Daily Telegraph's news article so that people of Australia think carefully about who they vote for," Mr Boyce told the ABC.

It's unclear how many people have seen the advertisement, but a corresponding Facebook post with the same content was shared more than 5,000 times and attracted about 3,600 comments.

At a federal level, the death tax has given Coalition MPs a powerful soapbox issue.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, Corangamite MP Sarah Henderson, Hughes MP Craig Kelly, and Senator Jane Hume have all posted about the tax on social media in the lead-up to and during the election campaign.

Queensland Coalition MP George Christensen is perhaps the most prolific, mentioning it almost daily on his Facebook page since April 22, 2019.

A Coalition campaign spokesman said all Liberal Party advertisements were authorised.

It understood the Coalition campaign considers sponsored Facebook posts to be the responsibility of individual candidates.

Throughout the campaign, the ALP's stance on the issue has remained consistent and clear.


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-09/money-pumped-into-federal-election-death-tax-scare-campaign/11092802


you could have googled those yourself just as easily as I did.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8438
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby pinkeye » 25 May 2019, 00:02

well .. it is what it is. :scare
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby Dax » 25 May 2019, 09:59

Why did labor lose, immigration and refugees as the sensible people realise how stupid it is to import more people and especially religious nutters of every description. Albanese will push labor further down the drain, as he is so far religiously left and policy deranged, his approval rating will get lower than the idiots before him. The libs are so flushed with their victory, they will move further to the religious right and as just about everyone elected is a religious nutter, then our future is determined, total disaster and collapse within a few short years.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:23

Dax wrote:Why did labor lose, immigration and refugees as the sensible people realise how stupid it is to import more people and especially religious nutters of every description. Albanese will push labor further down the drain, as he is so far religiously left and policy deranged, his approval rating will get lower than the idiots before him. The libs are so flushed with their victory, they will move further to the religious right and as just about everyone elected is a religious nutter, then our future is determined, total disaster and collapse within a few short years.


Dax, you are an insane person. Everything comes down to religion for you. Albanese is "religiously left ?" What the hell are you talking about?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:24

HBS Guy wrote:The campaing was weak, they let the lying nasty party frame their policies.


So Labor have NEVER told lies? :rofl
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:25

greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:labor lose because they are untrustworthy


They lost because the average Australian voter is a gullible fucking idiot.


I guess that's why Labor won in 07 and 10.
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:31

pinkeye wrote::grn

still hearing nothing from chris … asked a question of him. Seems he loves asking questions, but cannot respond to one.


Actually, your rambling nonsense of a post in this thread wasn't really much different to your rambling nonsense of a post in the 'Federal Election 2019—the count' thread. And I responded to that one quite competently. And unless I missed it, you didn't respond to it. Here is the link to it: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5798&p=168576&hilit=scrutiny#p168576

I also made a brief response within this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5803&start=50#p168752

If after reading my responses you have further questions, then FIRE AWAY! I'll be there ready to respond!
Last edited by chris155au on 25 May 2019, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:34

Aussie wrote:
Morrison. And every Member of the LNP who spread that [inheritance tax] lie all over Facebook.


Was that "lie" based on absolutely nothing whatsoever?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby johnsmith » 25 May 2019, 17:34

chris155au wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:labor lose because they are untrustworthy


They lost because the average Australian voter is a gullible fucking idiot.


I guess that's why Labor won in 07 and 10.


no prizes for second dopey.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8438
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:43

Aussie wrote:
I don't think I know. I can think logically. The three logical scenarios indicate illegal activity on our part, perhaps even involving money changeing hands, secretively.


What the hell are you talking about? Money between who exactly?

No, I can't explain it. Perhaps our boats are waiting just outside territorial waters, intercepting boats, and under the point of a gun, making them turn back and keep going back. Piracy.


You remain completely unable to say why there can be no agreement with other countries.
You seem to think that if there was an agreement then our government would've informed us! Even though OSB is secretive! Where's your logic now? :rofl

Finally if everything was above board and legal, operational details would be readily spoken about publicly.


So when police say they cannot talk about operations, it means that they are operating illegally? Again, where's your logic now? :rofl
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 25 May 2019, 17:45

johnsmith wrote:
Mr Morrison said "it sounds to me that he has struck a deal with the Greens" and questioned what the terms would be.

"What is that deal with the Greens? The Greens are up for death taxes. Even Andrew Leigh is up for death taxes, let alone the union movement," he said.

"What is the deal that Bill Shorten has with the Greens to get all of his taxes through and to get all of his carbon abatement policies, emissions reduction policies, which he won't even explain to the Australian people."


https://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/it-is-a-lie-bill-shorten-targets-liberals-for-death-tax-fake-news-on-facebook-20190420-p51fu6.html



............



Meanwhile, in Queensland, Colin Boyce, a state Liberal National MP, has paid for a Facebook advertisement featuring an old news story to stoke fears about the tax.

Facebook users targeted by the sponsored post see a screenshot of a provocative Daily Telegraph headline — "Unions want tax on inherited 'death' money" — from a story that is over a year old.

In a statement, Mr Boyce said he wanted voters to "seriously consider" Labor's potential policies.

"I have used my own money to boost this post of the Daily Telegraph's news article so that people of Australia think carefully about who they vote for," Mr Boyce told the ABC.

It's unclear how many people have seen the advertisement, but a corresponding Facebook post with the same content was shared more than 5,000 times and attracted about 3,600 comments.

At a federal level, the death tax has given Coalition MPs a powerful soapbox issue.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, Corangamite MP Sarah Henderson, Hughes MP Craig Kelly, and Senator Jane Hume have all posted about the tax on social media in the lead-up to and during the election campaign.

Queensland Coalition MP George Christensen is perhaps the most prolific, mentioning it almost daily on his Facebook page since April 22, 2019.

A Coalition campaign spokesman said all Liberal Party advertisements were authorised.

It understood the Coalition campaign considers sponsored Facebook posts to be the responsibility of individual candidates.

Throughout the campaign, the ALP's stance on the issue has remained consistent and clear.


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-09/money-pumped-into-federal-election-death-tax-scare-campaign/11092802


you could have googled those yourself just as easily as I did.


Who is this in response to?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby johnsmith » 25 May 2019, 19:46

chris155au wrote:Who is this in response to?


it was in response to this, sorry it was unclear. I thought I had quoted your question

chris155au wrote:Who from the LNP talked about such a tax? This was a fake news ad from an unrelated group. Get your information straight.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8438
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby johnsmith » 25 May 2019, 19:50

chris155au wrote:What the hell are you talking about? Money between who exactly?


libs have admitted to paying people smugglers to take people back

chris155au wrote:You remain completely unable to say why there can be no agreement with other countries.


you want someone to prove a negative? :roll :roll :roll Until you can prove there is an agreement, there is no agreement.

chris155au wrote:So when police say they cannot talk about operations, it means that they are operating illegally?

police look like the local neighbourhood gossip when compared to the libs and the boat turn backs. Police sometimes can't talk specifics because it might influence juries ... but once the case is over, ALL the information is made public.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8438
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby pinkeye » 25 May 2019, 21:17

SO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? :bgrin

Chris just keeps on trying to suck everyone in to his little games.

I see it across every topic I visit, where he is also posting. He can not actually talk about what he thinks. It's all demands (?) for answers to his preferred questions. Very tiresome. :roll
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby HBS Guy » 25 May 2019, 21:18

Ask him a question and he is flummoxed.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52097
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby pinkeye » 25 May 2019, 21:21

sigh.. well at least I am not alone in my annoyance. Good to hear. :thumb
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 26 May 2019, 20:36

HBS Guy wrote:Ask him a question and he is flummoxed.


Because you are so capable? :rofl What question of yours has "flummoxed" me?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby HBS Guy » 26 May 2019, 20:42

Structural Budget deficit. Plus you had some childlike belief that H&C left behind a surplus that Rudd spent.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52097
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 26 May 2019, 20:48

johnsmith wrote:it was in response to this, sorry it was unclear. I thought I had quoted your question


Okay, so they definitely TALKED about a death tax and questioned whether or not Labor would adopt such a tax, but you're not saying that they LIED by saying that Labor WILL bring in such a tax are you?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby chris155au » 26 May 2019, 21:00

pinkeye wrote:SO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? :bgrin

Chris just keeps on trying to suck everyone in to his little games.

I see it across every topic I visit, where he is also posting. He can not actually talk about what he thinks. It's all demands (?) for answers to his preferred questions. Very tiresome. :roll


I can only assume that you saw my replies but were totally unable to respond. Well done! They way that I think is CLEAR in my questioning. And I don't ONLY ask questions, I do make statements after I'm finished trying to understand the other person's position.
chris155au
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby Aussie » 26 May 2019, 21:13

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:it was in response to this, sorry it was unclear. I thought I had quoted your question


Okay, so they definitely TALKED about a death tax and questioned whether or not Labor would adopt such a tax, but you're not saying that they LIED by saying that Labor WILL bring in such a tax are you?


I am saying that. They clearly were telling people that ALP=death duties/inheritance tax.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby pinkeye » 26 May 2019, 21:48

chris155au wrote:
pinkeye wrote:SO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? :bgrin

Chris just keeps on trying to suck everyone in to his little games.

I see it across every topic I visit, where he is also posting. He can not actually talk about what he thinks. It's all demands (?) for answers to his preferred questions. Very tiresome. :roll


I can only assume that you saw my replies but were totally unable to respond. Well done! They way that I think is CLEAR in my questioning. And I don't ONLY ask questions, I do make statements after I'm finished trying to understand the other person's position.


U can ass ume all you like. And crikey.. you didn't ask a question.! Well done.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby Sprintcyclist » 27 May 2019, 01:11

Image
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Federal election 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest