Why did labor lose ?

Re: Why did labor lose ?

Postby johnsmith » 21 May 2019, 20:06

HBS Guy wrote:Labor should have sold its good policies much better.

it more than that. I don't for the life of me understand why labor keeps letting the libs (and palmer) get away with blatant and deliberate lies about labors policies .... until they learn to stamp it out, the libs will continue to lie about labors policies no matter what the policies are.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby chris155au » 21 May 2019, 20:27

johnsmith wrote:

it more than that. I don't for the life of me understand why labor keeps letting the libs (and palmer) get away with blatant and deliberate lies about labors policies .... until they learn to stamp it out, the libs will continue to lie about labors policies no matter what the policies are.

What did they lie about? Also, who is the quote from in your signature?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier

Postby chris155au » 21 May 2019, 20:31

chris155au wrote:How will we ever know? This is like the Democrats in the US thinking about how much Russia had to do with their failure.

HBS Guy wrote:Except we KNOW what Clive spent.

And that somehow tells us the extent to which he affected the election result?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 22 May 2019, 00:22

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Well, much as this is now all HISTORY... the lies told by the LNP , clearly impacted the opinion of the fools. Like a Death Tax. >?? Huh?

The perfect example of a lie... When morons face a barrage of media garbage, they believe it.
So.. we have a government voted in by morons. Based on lies. Hold on to your hats..!!

Now I think I'll just sit back and cruise. Watching the on-going shitfight that is Australian politics.

YOU SEE? it doesn't really affect me. I am poor, and don't pay tax, except 10% GST ( :mad ) on most stuff... so all your rubbish means nothing to me. It won't help me, one way or the other.

I just prefer some social equity and justice, so I guess I'll have to be an observer for quite a few years more.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 22 May 2019, 02:09

There will be another election in 24 months if not sooner. No questions have been answered, no policies formulated, no corruption cauterised.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 22 May 2019, 07:18

pinkeye wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Well, much as this is now all HISTORY... the lies told by the LNP , clearly impacted the opinion of the fools. Like a Death Tax. >?? Huh?

The perfect example of a lie... When morons face a barrage of media garbage, they believe it.
So.. we have a government voted in by morons. Based on lies. Hold on to your hats..!!

Now I think I'll just sit back and cruise. Watching the on-going shitfight that is Australian politics.

YOU SEE? it doesn't really affect me. I am poor, and don't pay tax, except 10% GST ( :mad ) on most stuff... so all your rubbish means nothing to me. It won't help me, one way or the other.

I just prefer some social equity and justice, so I guess I'll have to be an observer for quite a few years more.

Pinkie - this is no slight against you. Do not take it personally.
Seems many poor people support labor or the greens.
They speak about 'the environment', 'equality' and things like that.

Seems more financially successful people support the libs
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 22 May 2019, 09:24

Queensland king prawns, salted caramel espresso martinis, massages at their desk - the Labor high command were in a mood for celebrating on election eve.

Twenty-four hours later they would be crushed by a stunning loss to an opponent that had spent the final day racing through three electorates and two states in a last minute sprint to snatch victory from an almost certain defeat.

The blame-game inside Labor is now in full swing, with many pointing squarely at its national HQ in Sydney's Parramatta.

On Friday, they booked out one of the area's most expensive restaurants, Sahra by the River, and followed up the prawns, barramundi and kafta with "kick-ons" at cocktail bar Alex & Co, according to internal messages seen by The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

A staff member was hired to play the trumpet. They sang Solidarity Forever.

While Labor dined, Prime Minister Scott Morrison jetted across the Bass Strait to Tasmania, after visiting the top of northern Queensland and southern NSW that day. Bill Shorten stayed in Melbourne, paying respect to former prime minister Bob Hawke with beers at the John Curtin Hotel.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison - in Tasmania on Saturday - campaigned right up until the end.

"We were drowning in hubris," one Labor source said.

Labor HQ was stocked with free beers from Carlton and United Breweries. They had a lottery to win massages at their desk on Fridays.

The atmosphere inside a dry Coalition headquarters was more sparse, many were resigned to an honourable defeat, their CVs updated for a life after politics. Parliament's post office had been dealing with an unexpected surge in passport applications the week before the election was called - holidays had been booked, careers were scheduled to go overseas.

The Prime Minister says the Coalition's win is a miracle and a victory for the quiet Australians.

No one was expecting Saturday's result, not even Scott Morrison. He called it a "miracle" as he took the stage as Australia's re-elected prime minister at Sydney's Sofitel Wentworth at midnight.

"There was always a scenario in which [winning the election] was one in 10, and it just happened that it was the one," said Liberal MP Tim Wilson.

NSW Labor had an inkling something was not right. Its own seat-by-seat polling, separate from federal Labor's Galaxy YouGov polls, showed it did not have a chance in Banks or Page despite the national body deciding to send vital resources there.

Come Monday, former Labor pollster John Utting was forced to clarify on Twitter that "this is the first campaign, since 1996 that I have not done the federal ALP's election tracking polling. It was outsourced to Galaxy YouGov".

The same company runs Newspoll. It had Labor ahead for three years. Bill Shorten and the ALP national secretary Noah Carroll went to dinner on Friday in Melbourne and Sydney virtually certain they were going to win.

"It's the same thing that Michael Daley's team did before they lost [the NSW election], which is just the most vapid bullshit," said one staffer. "Go and stand on a polling booth."

The recriminations begin with tactics. Talking to voters in northern Queensland about electric vehicles when they are more concerned about losing their jobs did not help.

Labor also failed to neutralise what would become become a powerful Coalition weapon, the "retiree tax," label the government applied to its franking credit policy. New figures show it is likely to have cost Labor victory in areas with large older populations up the east coast and in Tasmania.

Longman, Herbert and Braddon would all fall, with Bass likely to go too. By 10pm on Saturday, so would the futures of many of those who only a day earlier had been singing Solidarity Forever.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-election-2019/drowning-in-hubris-labor-s-lavish-last-supper-before-crushing-loss-20190520-p51p6z.html
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 22 May 2019, 10:01

The people talking EVs in Queensland were Bob fucking Brown and a friend of his. I am sure they knew the results of their actions.

The greens are NOT friends of Labor. Never, ever forget this!

greens knocked back the Malaysia Solution so have blood on their hands for Nauru and Manus for all their posturing now.

greens blocked the CPRS and sabotaged the Carbon Price.

greens are neither left, environmental or progressive. They are right wing neocons.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 22 May 2019, 15:41

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

they lied about a inheritance tax, they lied about asylum seeker boats restarting, they lied about teaching kids to be gays, lied about labor banning utes, lied about $378B of new taxes, ... there were plenty more that don't come to mind right now.

My signature was penned by Freediver, the man in charge of another forum called Ozpol.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 22 May 2019, 16:26

and the left are cowardly bullies too.

even mock one of them and you will be silenced
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 22 May 2019, 16:46

I thought you were talking about the Lefty here. He has been incommunicado, even to cell phone, for some time and I am concerned for him, fear the worst. I thought i made this plain.

I did apologise, Sprint.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 22 May 2019, 19:00

HBS Guy wrote:I thought you were talking about the Lefty here. He has been incommunicado, even to cell phone, for some time and I am concerned for him, fear the worst. I thought i made this plain.

I did apologise, Sprint.

Good luck with Lefty
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 22 May 2019, 19:22

Hope so.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 22 May 2019, 21:24

johnsmith wrote:
they lied about a inheritance tax,

pinkeye wrote:

Who from the LNP talked about such a tax? This was a fake news ad from an unrelated group. Get your information straight.

What additional social equity and justice would Labor have introduced?
Last edited by chris155au on 22 May 2019, 21:27, edited 2 times in total.
chris155au
Pitbull terrier

Postby chris155au » 22 May 2019, 21:25

HBS Guy wrote:There will be another election in 24 months if not sooner. No questions have been answered, no policies formulated, no corruption cauterised.

What in the hell are you even talking about? An election in 24 months?
chris155au
Pitbull terrier

Postby chris155au » 22 May 2019, 21:29

johnsmith wrote:
they lied about asylum seeker boats restarting,

How can a prediction be a lie?

they lied about teaching kids to be gays,

What did they say?

lied about $378B of new taxes,

So what was the correct figure?

My signature was penned by Freediver, the man in charge of another forum called Ozpol.

It's quite explicit.
chris155au
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 22 May 2019, 23:47

WELL PEOPLE...? in the words of the great Frank Zappa...

It IS what it IS
and it ain't
what it ain't

Hey, now you all know where ... the It is what it is .... came from.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Sprintcyclist » 23 May 2019, 06:59

pinkeye wrote:WELL PEOPLE...? in the words of the great Frank Zappa...

It IS what it IS
and it ain't
what it ain't

Hey, now you all know where ... the It is what it is .... came from.

Yup, that is the truth
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 23 May 2019, 07:08

labor lost because Scott Morrison and the Liberals were a better choice.

Labor were led by Bill. His history is questionable.
They promised a bigger higher taxing govt that was going to kerb our freedom of speech. Stop industries, give away $500B to the UN who are useless.
They are funded by Unions, unions are knowingly corrupt bullies, this attitude follows through to the ALP party.
They were celebrating before the voting stopped.

LNP are led by Scott Morrison. He has had the leadership for under a year and is doing very well. His history is quite ethical.
They promise a lower taxing govt, more freedoms. They are more on your side if you put in an effort during life.
They were campaigning the whole time. They were working.

This is a mirror image of Trump and Hillary
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 07:19

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:There will be another election in 24 months if not sooner. No questions have been answered, no policies formulated, no corruption cauterised.

What in the hell are you even talking about? An election in 24 months?

It's certainly possible.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 07:21

Sprintcyclist wrote:labor lost because Scott Morrison and the Liberals were a better choice.

They promised a bigger higher taxing govt that was going to kerb our freedom of speech. Stop industries, give away $500B to the UN who are useless.
They are funded by Unions, unions are knowingly corrupt bullies, this attitude follows through to the ALP party.

LNP are led by Scott Morrison. He has had the leadership for under a year and is doing very well. His history is quite ethical.
They promise a lower taxing govt, more freedoms. They are more on your side if you put in an effort during life.

"His history is quite ethical."

He belongs to a cult whose members speak in tongues.

Moreover, he has a history of human rights abuse.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 23 May 2019, 10:14

greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:labor lost because Scott Morrison and the Liberals were a better choice.

Albanese is also a part of the same cult, as are just about all politicians, so it matters no who runs things, lib, lab, morrison albanese or joe blogs, failure is guaranteed when dealing with cloned ideologues. Its about time society completely collapsed, if it goes on much longer, nature will have no chance of repairing the diabolical damage human clones and in particular urban clones are doing to the planet. Just wish it would hurry up and really get underway.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 May 2019, 10:39

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Albanese is also a part of the same cult, as are just about all politicians, ...

No, not Morrison's cult.

Morrison is a crazy happy clapper.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 13:12

I am just forgetting about politics for a bit, work on my block. Next year I intend to visit Tassie just once—but for 2.5 months. THAT will raise furious argument but I am going to ignore it. 2+ months on my block, in spring. Lovely.

Will visit my block again Sep-Oct this year, throw myself into planting, pruning, spraying (biodynamic sprays, not poison) etc. Take dog for a couple long walks in the countryside. Peaceful. Unwind.

Early next year throw myself back into the political fray. By then the Libs will have made half a dozen huge mistakes to beat them around the head with.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 13:12

I am just forgetting about politics for a bit, work on my block. Next year I intend to visit Tassie just once—but for 2.5 months. THAT will raise furious argument but I am going to ignore it. 2+ months on my block, in spring. Lovely.

Will visit my block again Sep-Oct this year, throw myself into planting, pruning, spraying (biodynamic sprays, not poison) etc. Take dog for a couple long walks in the countryside. Peaceful. Unwind.

Early next year throw myself back into the political fray. By then the Libs will have made half a dozen huge mistakes to beat them around the head with.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Federal election 2019