Federal Election 2019

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 01 Apr 2019, 13:38

SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Lol, Pauline Hanson always gets the raw prawn it would seem... it's all a charade to make the Libs look like saints!

Who wants to tell Seth that the Liberal Party of Australia is a misnomer?

...warning--> he may feel forced to never visit for fear that this country has more dangerous animals in it's politics, and therefore media, than in it's landscapes!


Haha, not a chance. You've got crocs, snakes, spiders, white sharks, drop bears, and man-eating horses - all lurking about waiting for some unsuspecting tourist to venture off the sidewalk. :scare

We've got none of those things in the big cities where everyone actually lives. Sure, funnelwebs in Sydney and watch out for long grass when it gets warm... snakes do get around that bit is true!

But aslong as you don't go in the water or up North you'll be fine!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 01 Apr 2019, 13:43

SethBullock wrote:Do you guys believe strongly in one party or the other?

Or are you guys cynical about both?

Yes, cynical about both: this website is basically Labor voters.... but in the end they don't give shite about the price of houses either because they've go their sweet deal and they picked it as a career.

Career politicians is where it's all at, and that trend didn't start in Australia.... "ALWAYS BACK THE HORSE CALLED SELF INTEREST BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE TRYING" (There's a Keating quote to get ya started :bike :bike )
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Dax » 01 Apr 2019, 13:49

The worst PM's were those who introduced privatisation, which has destroyed the countries viability, services and social cohesion.

As for support for parties, neither of them get much support in elections. How they get in and stay there, is because of the corrupt preferential voting system, which is unconstitutional.

The libs and libs, have less than 50000 members combined across Aus and it may well be way less that that now, as that was a few years ago.

All country political systems are totally corrupt and never represent the people, just vested interests and deluded ideologies.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 01 Apr 2019, 13:51

mantra wrote:If only Labor had someone better than Shorten as their leader. It would be too hard putting up with another 3 years of Morrison. He appears efficient, but it is a delusion. He is way off course.

When you look at the whole picture - maybe Shorten couldn't be worse than Morrison. At least he's promised to abolish negative gearing. That's a start. It might help our children buy a home which was an Australian dream at one time.

Bongalong wrote:
This country was actually once known for it's brains and pride and now it's just buy a mcmansion and shove your kids in the bin whilst ya stuff ya face with salmon and boutique bread and beer with wifey .... where's the life gone?


I have to agree. They're all pigs at the trough now who are only in politics because of the benefits and the wealthy contacts who will make their future comfortable. None of them give a damn about preserving this beautiful country and providing a good future for our children. They've turned young workers into a bunch of robots who know they're going nowhere and only have instability to look forward to.

I'm talking about what the common citizen of this country has turned into: just pigs, all of us!

Where's the barbecues with our neighbours gone?

You could say it all starts top-down, but either way the problem is very present and real............ the drug problem was always brewing and now their are generations stranded after a mining boom with impossible financial positions.

Talk about being ripe for the sickle.............. or was the saying, "ripened for sickle"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????? :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby SethBullock » 01 Apr 2019, 13:54

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Lol, Pauline Hanson always gets the raw prawn it would seem... it's all a charade to make the Libs look like saints!

Who wants to tell Seth that the Liberal Party of Australia is a misnomer?

...warning--> he may feel forced to never visit for fear that this country has more dangerous animals in it's politics, and therefore media, than in it's landscapes!


Haha, not a chance. You've got crocs, snakes, spiders, white sharks, drop bears, and man-eating horses - all lurking about waiting for some unsuspecting tourist to venture off the sidewalk. :scare

We've got none of those things in the big cities where everyone actually lives. Sure, funnelwebs in Sydney and watch out for long grass when it gets warm... snakes do get around that bit is true!

But aslong as you don't go in the water or up North you'll be fine!


:rofl :rofl :rofl

So let's see if I've got this right ...

Stay in the cities, but watch out for funnelwebs hunting humans in Sydney.

Stay off the grass.

Stay away from water.

Tell ya what, Bong. From the airport, I'll just take a cab to a nice brewery in a city, but not Sydney, away from any grass or water, and I'll meet ya there and buy you a beer. Before I get in the cab, I'll check it for anything waiting to poison me or eat me lurking around the back seat. After the brewery, then straight to the cab, staying off the grass, and straight back to my hotel.

When I get back to America I'll tell my friends of my tale of survival in Australia.

"Lesser men might have been too afraid, but not me .... "
Last edited by SethBullock on 01 Apr 2019, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 01 Apr 2019, 13:54

SethBullock wrote:Often times Americans vote for who they think is the lesser of two evils.

Same thing here, exactly!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 01 Apr 2019, 13:56

Dax wrote:The worst PM's were those who introduced privatisation, which has destroyed the countries viability, services and social cohesion.

As for support for parties, neither of them get much support in elections. How they get in and stay there, is because of the corrupt preferential voting system, which is unconstitutional.

The libs and libs, have less than 50000 members combined across Aus and it may well be way less that that now, as that was a few years ago.

All country political systems are totally corrupt and never represent the people, just vested interests and deluded ideologies.


Neither party gets support from the majority.

At the last election it was something like Labor - 35%, Liberal - 29%

Why do you say the preferential voting system is unconstitutional?
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 01 Apr 2019, 14:03

SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Lol, Pauline Hanson always gets the raw prawn it would seem... it's all a charade to make the Libs look like saints!

Who wants to tell Seth that the Liberal Party of Australia is a misnomer?

...warning--> he may feel forced to never visit for fear that this country has more dangerous animals in it's politics, and therefore media, than in it's landscapes!


Haha, not a chance. You've got crocs, snakes, spiders, white sharks, drop bears, and man-eating horses - all lurking about waiting for some unsuspecting tourist to venture off the sidewalk. :scare

We've got none of those things in the big cities where everyone actually lives. Sure, funnelwebs in Sydney and watch out for long grass when it gets warm... snakes do get around that bit is true!

But aslong as you don't go in the water or up North you'll be fine!


:rofl :rofl :rofl

So let's see if I've got this right ...

Stay in the cities, but watch out for funnelwebs hunting humans in Sydney.

Stay off the grass.

Stay away from water.

Tell ya what, Bong. From the airport, I'll just take a cab to a nice brewery in a city, but not Sydney, away from any grass or water, and I'll meet ya there and buy you a beer. Before I get in the cab, I'll check it for anything waiting to poison me or eat me lurking around the back seat. Then straight to the cab, staying off the grass, and straight back to my hotel.

When I get back to America I'll tell my friends of my tale of survival in Australia.

"Lesser men might have been too afraid, but not me .... "

It's much more simple than that: just mow your lawn!

:rofl

But yeh, still spiders every now and again!

(Maybe hbs guy can provide the beer? :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp )
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby SethBullock » 01 Apr 2019, 14:14

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Lol, Pauline Hanson always gets the raw prawn it would seem... it's all a charade to make the Libs look like saints!

Who wants to tell Seth that the Liberal Party of Australia is a misnomer?

...warning--> he may feel forced to never visit for fear that this country has more dangerous animals in it's politics, and therefore media, than in it's landscapes!


Haha, not a chance. You've got crocs, snakes, spiders, white sharks, drop bears, and man-eating horses - all lurking about waiting for some unsuspecting tourist to venture off the sidewalk. :scare

We've got none of those things in the big cities where everyone actually lives. Sure, funnelwebs in Sydney and watch out for long grass when it gets warm... snakes do get around that bit is true!

But aslong as you don't go in the water or up North you'll be fine!


:rofl :rofl :rofl

So let's see if I've got this right ...

Stay in the cities, but watch out for funnelwebs hunting humans in Sydney.

Stay off the grass.

Stay away from water.

Tell ya what, Bong. From the airport, I'll just take a cab to a nice brewery in a city, but not Sydney, away from any grass or water, and I'll meet ya there and buy you a beer. Before I get in the cab, I'll check it for anything waiting to poison me or eat me lurking around the back seat. Then straight to the cab, staying off the grass, and straight back to my hotel.

When I get back to America I'll tell my friends of my tale of survival in Australia.

"Lesser men might have been too afraid, but not me .... "

It's much more simple than that: just mow your lawn!

:rofl

But yeh, still spiders every now and again!

(Maybe hbs guy can provide the beer? :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp )


Great idea!! :beer
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Dax » 01 Apr 2019, 14:58

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:The worst PM's were those who introduced privatisation, which has destroyed the countries viability, services and social cohesion.

As for support for parties, neither of them get much support in elections. How they get in and stay there, is because of the corrupt preferential voting system, which is unconstitutional.

The libs and libs, have less than 50000 members combined across Aus and it may well be way less that that now, as that was a few years ago.

All country political systems are totally corrupt and never represent the people, just vested interests and deluded ideologies.


Neither party gets support from the majority.

At the last election it was something like Labor - 35%, Liberal - 29%

Why do you say the preferential voting system is unconstitutional?


The constitution states that representatives must be elected by direct vote, it never says they can be elected by indirect votes. Preferential voting is Indirect voting, making it unconstitutional, they introduced it in 1920's when compulsory voting started and because the country/national parties at the time, found it hard to elect people because of their smaller demographics. The country party was closely aligned with the nationals who became the liberals later, so it was easy for them to introduce it so they could stay in power.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 01 Apr 2019, 15:34

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:The worst PM's were those who introduced privatisation, which has destroyed the countries viability, services and social cohesion.

As for support for parties, neither of them get much support in elections. How they get in and stay there, is because of the corrupt preferential voting system, which is unconstitutional.

The libs and libs, have less than 50000 members combined across Aus and it may well be way less that that now, as that was a few years ago.

All country political systems are totally corrupt and never represent the people, just vested interests and deluded ideologies.


Neither party gets support from the majority.

At the last election it was something like Labor - 35%, Liberal - 29%

Why do you say the preferential voting system is unconstitutional?


The constitution states that representatives must be elected by direct vote, it never says they can be elected by indirect votes.


The US uses indirect votes - the electoral college.

We use the direct voting method.

"The Senate shall be composed of senators for each State, directly chosen by the people of the State, voting, until the Parliament otherwise provides, as one electorate."

That's exactly what happens - they're directly chosen by the people (not representatives).

If you want to talk unconstitutional, though, have a read through the Constitution and see if you can find any mention of 'political parties' or 'the office of Prime Minister'.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 01 Apr 2019, 15:40

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:The worst PM's were those who introduced privatisation, which has destroyed the countries viability, services and social cohesion.

As for support for parties, neither of them get much support in elections. How they get in and stay there, is because of the corrupt preferential voting system, which is unconstitutional.

The libs and libs, have less than 50000 members combined across Aus and it may well be way less that that now, as that was a few years ago.

All country political systems are totally corrupt and never represent the people, just vested interests and deluded ideologies.


Neither party gets support from the majority.

At the last election it was something like Labor - 35%, Liberal - 29%

Why do you say the preferential voting system is unconstitutional?


Preferential voting is Indirect voting, ...



No, that's not right.

The US Electoral College is an example of indirect voting.

US citizens vote for electors who then choose the President.

The citizens don't vote directly for the President.

In Australia, we vote directly for our members - there's no middle man.

Thus, our members are directly chosen.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 02 Apr 2019, 15:08

Indirect is a very vague word.... so is the word Direct!

How could that be?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Apr 2019, 15:45

Bongalong wrote:Indirect is a very vague word.... so is the word Direct!

How could that be?


Vague or not, my description above is correct.

Direct = no middle man, such as electoral college electors.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 02 Apr 2019, 15:53

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Indirect is a very vague word.... so is the word Direct!

How could that be?


Vague or not, my description above is correct.

Direct = no middle man, such as electoral college electors.

You're just talking about a different version of what it means to be indirect!

You're a flim-flam man buddy!!

You hate America... you're ungrateful for the world you have!!!!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Apr 2019, 15:54

Here you go.

It says you're voting for the electors, not the actual candidates.

That's indirect voting.


Image
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 02 Apr 2019, 15:58

Yet Australians think they vote for a Prime Minister! It's just a population that's over ten times us with over ten times more charlatanism!! They don't even bother with democracy in China yet India thinks it can get away with the scam of all scams and they have nuclear weapons to worry about when it comes to anarchy!!! :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Apr 2019, 16:02

Only idiotic Australians think they vote for PM.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 53116
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 02 Apr 2019, 16:28

HBS Guy wrote:Only idiotic Australians think they vote for PM.

--> it's all a game of misdirection... that's the only way anyone gets it over anyone else!

--> bigger population == bigger game of misdirection!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Apr 2019, 16:43

Bongalong wrote:Yet Australians think they vote for a Prime Minister!


Yes, many do.

Idiots.

However, when we elect our local representatives, we elect them directly.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 02 Apr 2019, 16:54

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Yet Australians think they vote for a Prime Minister!


Yes, many do.

Idiots.

However, when we elect our local representatives, we elect them directly.

Unless by preference of course.... :hot :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby johnsmith » 02 Apr 2019, 18:01

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Yet Australians think they vote for a Prime Minister!


Yes, many do.

Idiots.

However, when we elect our local representatives, we elect them directly.

Unless by preference of course.... :hot :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b


you still vote for your preferences.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8898
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Apr 2019, 19:16

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Yet Australians think they vote for a Prime Minister!


Yes, many do.

Idiots.

However, when we elect our local representatives, we elect them directly.

Unless by preference of course.... :hot :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b


you still vote for your preferences.


Correct.

There is absolutely nothing unconstitutional about preferences.

Australian members of parliament - every single one of them - are directly elected.

There is no electoral college, or similar system, involved.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Lols » 02 Apr 2019, 21:30

SethBullock wrote:
Lols wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Do you guys believe strongly in one party or the other?

Or are you guys cynical about both?



I don't trust any of them, they have some good points, but all have their flaws, and stuff the country up in some way financially.

It seems, that Liberals pull the purse strings tightly, and try to get us out of debt, then Labour gets in and spends to the point we have bigger debts than ever.


We can't seem to stay stable in this country. The 2 big political parties seem to have a monopoly, it's either or, and I don't care for either.

The hubby recently said, he has decided, to vote for the party he hates the least!!


Hi Lols :Hi

Haven't seen you here in a while.

You remind me of a lot of voters in the U.S. They don't like the Democrats all that much, nor do they like the Republicans all that much.


I may be more American after all, only difference is, in the US of A, they don't have to vote, whereas we HAVE to here in Oz, or we get fined. I would rather not vote, and I bet a lot don't, and many wouldn't want to, so we may all be more like the way Americans think and feel, after all.

But then again, in the US of A, there are over 300,000 million people, and you do get many voting to make up quite significant counts, wheras here in Oz, we only have 25 million all up, and not all voting age, so what little we have, are important to count as votes.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 459
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Federal Election 2019

Postby Bongalong » 03 Apr 2019, 18:09

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Yet Australians think they vote for a Prime Minister!


Yes, many do.

Idiots.

However, when we elect our local representatives, we elect them directly.

Unless by preference of course.... :hot :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b


you still vote for your preferences.

How can you vote for alternatives when you don't know what they stand for because they are excluded from the mainstream media: and that is because the mainstream media only wants you to choose between 2 partys who share the same mass immigration policies that make the rich richer by lowering everyones wages.

So no one bothers being an alternative party except for extremists..

...and they get in by fluke only to have them jailed or set up the following election as a continuation to the circus.

It's all indirect! The media is indirect... the pollies are indirect... the system is indirect!! That is what power is!!!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Federal election 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest