RAIN

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

RAIN

Postby pinkeye » 18 Jan 2020, 03:21

It is RAINING. ACTUAL RAIN. :rain :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :clap :clap :buddy :buddy :buddy :buddy :buddy
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: RAIN

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jan 2020, 08:33

Just overcast here in Adelaide. Thu-Fri might get the usual third-week-of-January-rain. Then the heat will start.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2020, 09:13

I told ya I'd send you some! :rain
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Lols » 18 Jan 2020, 09:22

SethBullock wrote:I told ya I'd send you some! :rain

Thank you kindly sir :thumb
It’s been and gone our Melbourne rain, and caused a bit of flash flooding! We had a months worth of rain in one day!
Next time Mr. SB, send rain in smaller consistent amounts please rather than a whole generous lot at once :bgrin
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby Lols » 18 Jan 2020, 09:23

pinkeye wrote:It is RAINING. ACTUAL RAIN. :rain :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :clap :clap :buddy :buddy :buddy :buddy :buddy

Without giving away your location, what area is it raining in?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jan 2020, 09:31

:roll :bgrin

Rural Queensland?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 18 Jan 2020, 10:11

Lols wrote:
SethBullock wrote:I told ya I'd send you some! :rain

Thank you kindly sir :thumb
It’s been and gone our Melbourne rain, and caused a bit of flash flooding! We had a months worth of rain in one day!
Next time Mr. SB, send rain in smaller consistent amounts please rather than a whole generous lot at once :bgrin

Yes, dear. :roll
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Lols » 18 Jan 2020, 10:33

HBS Guy wrote:

:roll :bgrin

Rural Queensland?

On news now, south east Queensland with some 1 in 100 year event and flooding!
You know, when it rains it pours!!
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 18 Jan 2020, 18:30

The rain is great ... best of all, it's the first time the firies have been able to totally relax for the weekend in a long time. :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jan 2020, 18:35

Good for the firies. . .rest because you will be needed again, summer is far from over and going by last year March could be bloody hot too.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 19 Jan 2020, 14:15

For the 2nd time this week, torrential downpour and flooding!
Good ole Melbourne and surrounds, hot one day, flooding the next.
It’s any wonder I put half my wardrobe of clothes in the boot of car for needing to dress accordingly to weather extreme from one hour to the next :grn
Thunder and hailstones 2 townships away.
I texted daughter earlier as I was getting weather update of incoming storm, to make sure she and car are undercover.
We already had one car written off from hailstones.
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby Bongalong » 19 Jan 2020, 14:42

Lols wrote:For the 2nd time this week, torrential downpour and flooding!
It’s any wonder I put half my wardrobe of clothes in the boot of car for needing to dress accordingly to weather extreme from one hour to the next :grn
I texted daughter earlier as I was getting weather update of incoming storm, to make sure she and car are undercover.

Is the ground too parched to take it up??? :c
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jan 2020, 17:13

Hailstones big as oranges convinced me to be sensible and have a carport—can be laundry, brewery, cidery etc too!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 19 Jan 2020, 19:41

HBS Guy wrote:

Hailstones big as oranges convinced me to be sensible and have a carport—can be laundry, brewery, cidery etc too!

Bit of extra shade is always good aswell :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 19 Jan 2020, 22:47

HBS Guy wrote:

Make that roof sturdy , because the hail stones …. ' .."...oh oh the …………. are getting bigger". Hail ….here has been only pea-sized, and only once since Christmas. But crikey we got some RAIN.

It was scattered, so where Southport got 250mm in 24 hrs, I got roughly 82. :rain :rain :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Jan 2020, 07:52

Yes, same for the house. Closer spacing of rafters and battens, the strongest corrugated iron (very likely, lasts as long as tiles almost—as long as you have single sheets across the whole roof: Trafalgar, the villa me and my business partner owned for a while, had two sheets, overlapping in the middle of the roof and that overlap was where all the rust was. We replaced that roof (it faced the sea and was the worst bit of roof) and the old sheets (dunno how old they were) were three times as thick as the modern ones we replaced them with.

Oh—we also replaced the box gutter: despite two strips of silicon at each overlap—the gutter we installed leaked. NEVER let someone design a house for you or buy a house or shop etc with a gully roof and box gutter! They ALWAYS leak! At the shop in Duthy St the landlord was always called to gunk up the box gutter between my shop and my neighbor’s shop! Funnily enough—no leaks my side!

This is what I mean by overlapping sheets: https://www.google.com/search?q=rusty+iron+roofs&sxsrf=ACYBGNRKJ5ryl4JRvPmP1_eZ-flppnlP_g:1579472637268&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=KvL5JvytLt4ApM%253A%252CQp60cDfdnHBcQM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kT1xyvqtG4xNzSloVpzlxsO74HwKQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiE_eeL2pDnAhXBILcAHU3WDVcQ9QEwAHoECAgQHQ#imgrc=KvL5JvytLt4ApM:&vet=1

You overlap them lengthways of course else they would leak! :rofl
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 20 Jan 2020, 18:10

More rain with thunder today, I don’t mind it, love the theatrics Mother Nature puts on.
Then my daughter says she saw a dog walking past her bedroom window.
It’s was a gorgeous black and white kelpie, seems the thunder caused him to flee.
Funny how they know which door to go to and seek shelter.
We comforted him and I gave him a smacko dog treat.
I said to daughter to look at his tag for his name and phone number,
The owner came within 10 minutes. That made our day to have a dog here for a little while.
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Jan 2020, 21:17

I must get another dog but will wait until the heat has gone for the year. Another mongrel from the pound probably.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 21 Jan 2020, 22:46

Lols wrote:More rain with thunder today, I don’t mind it, love the theatrics Mother Nature puts on.
Then my daughter says she saw a dog walking past her bedroom window.
It’s was a gorgeous black and white kelpie, seems the thunder caused him to flee.
Funny how they know which door to go to and seek shelter.
We comforted him and I gave him a smacko dog treat.
I said to daughter to look at his tag for his name and phone number,
The owner came within 10 minutes. That made our day to have a dog here for a little while.

well done
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market