Australia's raging fires create big problems for fresh water

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Re: Australia's raging fires create big problems for fresh w

Postby Dax » 23 Jan 2020, 08:28

Squire wrote:No solutions are being offered by politicians to drought and fire problems. Politicians have as yet not even acknowledged there is a problem.

There are no visionaries among current politicians. They are all selfish, greed-driven, opportunists with a time horizon no greater than the time to the next election.

And the hope their non existent god will come to save them. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :WTF :S
Dax
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 14:00

Squire wrote:No solutions are being offered by politicians to drought and fire problems. Politicians have as yet not even acknowledged there is a problem.

There are no visionaries among current politicians. They are all selfish, greed-driven, opportunists with a time horizon no greater than the time to the next election.

I’ll grant most Greens politicians I’ve met face to face, apart from Bob Brown, are muddle-headed, new age wankers but they sure as hell aren’t greed-driven opportunists apart maybe from that trotskyite fool who attempted to take over the Sydney lot.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 14:01

karlrand wrote:

I’ll grant most Greens politicians I’ve met face to face, apart from Bob Brown, are muddle-headed, new age wankers but they sure as hell aren’t greed-driven opportunists apart maybe from that trotskyite fool who attempted to take over the Sydney lot.
In case that gives the wrong impression of my perspective I consider myself an extream Green, slighly to the left with little respect for any specific ideology
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Jan 2020, 14:47

Greens were started by Trots who got booted from Labor/couldn’t take Labor over. The Parliamentary mob are just neoliberals as a result of a decade of pandering to their wealthy innercity base who want to feel good but not pay to have the feel-good. Complete waste of time.

Bob bloody Brown blocked the CPRS for party-political considerations and the stunt he and another wanker pulled driving in EVs in redneck seats led, as he knew, to the worst, most extreme Libs being re-elected!

Nobody who is at all “left” should waste time or votes on the fucking Greens!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 15:34

HBS Guy wrote:Greens were started by Trots who got booted from Labor/couldn’t take Labor over. The Parliamentary mob are just neoliberals as a result of a decade of pandering to their wealthy innercity base who want to feel good but not pay to have the feel-good. Complete waste of time.

Bob bloody Brown blocked the CPRS for party-political considerations and the stunt he and another wanker pulled driving in EVs in redneck seats led, as he knew, to the worst, most extreme Libs being re-elected!

Then how can any ecological sanity be instilled into either of the major parties?
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 30 Jan 2020, 15:43

karlrand wrote:

Bob brown is a moron, in reality he has done nothing for the environment and didn't hesitate to take the peoples money and live off it, whilst claiming the high ground ans doing nothing. Have run into him many times and he's nothing but a self centered prick so far up himself and no different to all the other politicians.

What the greens want is power, they have no policies of any worth, not a full brain between them and just about all are over educated drop kicks who know nothing about anything but their ego's and elitism.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 30 Jan 2020, 15:59

karlrand wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Greens were started by Trots who got booted from Labor/couldn’t take Labor over. The Parliamentary mob are just neoliberals as a result of a decade of pandering to their wealthy innercity base who want to feel good but not pay to have the feel-good. Complete waste of time.

Then how can any ecological sanity be instilled into either of the major parties?

Sanity is not a recognisable word to an ideologue. You can't instill sensibility and logic into ideologues, their minds simply revolve around illusionary delusions and never reality. To late now to do anything about it, even if they said they would, it would take them years to have their reviews and inquiries, then give the opportunities to their vested interests and we would get the same results. Over run time lines, increasing cost to the public and then we would pay for what they do with our money again and again, nothing would change.

If things keep going the way they are, this country will be out of fresh water by the end of this year, It takes at least 5 years to build a desalination plant.But there is move to capture the rain water that falls upon cities, it all goes down the drain and there are no contingency plans for anything else to provide for a sustainable water supply for everyone.

Politicians idea of water sustainability, is build more dams. You have to have rain for that to be successful and they've logged or burnt all the catchments, so no trees to draw the rain, no vegetation to slow water runoff and replenish ground water life and no rain. They are using up the ground water at incredible rates to bottle for profit, or to waste and contaminate in environmentally destructive mining and junk manufacturing.

The end result is, no rain, no water for the future, so no future and it may only be a couple of years away now.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 16:15

Dax wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Sanity is not a recognisable word to an ideologue. You can't instill sensibility and logic into ideologues, their minds simply revolve around illusionary delusions and never reality. To late now to do anything about it, even if they said they would, it would take them years to have their reviews and inquiries, then give the opportunities to their vested interests and we would get the same results. Over run time lines, increasing cost to the public and then we would pay for what they do with our money again and again, nothing would change.

If things keep going the way they are, this country will be out of fresh water by the end of this year, It takes at least 5 years to build a desalination plant.But there is move to capture the rain water that falls upon cities, it all goes down the drain and there are no contingency plans for anything else to provide for a sustainable water supply for everyone.

Politicians idea of water sustainability, is build more dams. You have to have rain for that to be successful and they've logged or burnt all the catchments, so no trees to draw the rain, no vegetation to slow water runoff and replenish ground water life and no rain. They are using up the ground water at incredible rates to bottle for profit, or to waste and contaminate in environmentally destructive mining and junk manufacturing.

The end result is, no rain, no water for the future, so no future and it may only be a couple of years away now.

Times like this I wish I didn’t agree but I do. I saw it coming 20 years ago and moved to Tasmania. Little did I know how fast the entire nightmare would follow us down.
There’s a huge oversupply of environmental scientists who’ve moved to Hobart. Every job vacancy in their field has hundreds apply.
Even if politics caught up with reality and moved onto something like a wartime footing to fight all this I doubt we’d avoid disaster. One terrifying side issue from my perspective is the idiocy of torturing refugees on Manus Island etc in the belief it would stop the flood. When global warming floods low lying nations such as Bangla Desh millions will take to sea. How will that nightmare be handled? If the scenario has at all registered in Duttons foetid brain he’s probably planning to nuke the entire West and Nth West coast as they arrive. I need to stress this scenario is not far fetched. I’m so glad I don’t have young children asking pointed questions about the their future. It’s enough when a friend’s four year old recently asked me “Why are they trying to kill us?"
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Jan 2020, 16:26

I wish I had moved much earlier! Apart from AGW and UHI the traffic is mental: 8.00am Sunday traffic is near as bad as peak hour traffic used to be! Could not have done it earlier than 2013 (hip replacement operation) and I did buy my land 2016. Just stuck in Adelaide for another year, possibly two :sad
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 16:31

HBS Guy wrote:

Did I say I was going to? My view at the moment is there’s nobody, especially in Federal politics worthy of my vote.
One possible exception is Jackie Lambie simply on the basis of what she does for military veterans. But even she has some very peculiar ideas.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Jan 2020, 16:36

Yeah, thick as a brick, too easily swayed but has a good heart. She will (one day!) get my preference ahead of the Libs and then the Greens.

If hydro is failing we might need to dam the Gordon below Frankling ahahahahahahahahaha!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby karlrand » 30 Jan 2020, 16:38

HBS Guy wrote:Yeah, thick as a brick, too easily swayed but has a good heart. She will (one day!) get my preference ahead of the Libs and then the Greens.

If hydro is failing we might need to dam the Gordon below Frankling ahahahahahahahahaha!

Are you serious?
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Jan 2020, 18:03

50%
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 31 Jan 2020, 01:44

Dax wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Bob brown is a moron, in reality he has done nothing for the environment and didn't hesitate to take the peoples money and live off it, whilst claiming the high ground ans doing nothing. …………...……...……..

Well AGAIN, DAX, you are not being truthful.

Bob Brown might not have been to YOUR approval, but he is responsible for a lot of successful conservation efforts. You want a visionary... ?

For one thing …. He started Bush Heritage... I support the whole idea of Bush Heritage.

Which is now Australian Bush Heritage Trust . They do a hell of a lot of work to preserve, and especially rehabilitate old stations and grazing lands.... not Use the land.

If u r unaware, check it out.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 31 Jan 2020, 05:03

pinkeye wrote:
Dax wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Bob brown is a moron, in reality he has done nothing for the environment and didn't hesitate to take the peoples money and live off it, whilst claiming the high ground ans doing nothing. …………...……...……..

Well AGAIN, DAX, you are not being truthful.

Bob Brown might not have been to YOUR approval, but he is responsible for a lot of successful conservation efforts. You want a visionary... ?

For one thing …. He started Bush Heritage... I support the whole idea of Bush Heritage.

Which is now Australian Bush Heritage Trust . They do a hell of a lot of work to preserve, and especially rehabilitate old stations and grazing lands.... not Use the land.

If u r unaware, check it out.

Fully aware of what Brown has done, which is much different to what he really is and if you'd met him, been around him on many occasions and really heard what he has to say, then you may have a different outlook as to his veracity. Sure he started bush heritage, but he did nothing else when a politician and actually supported many extremely damaging legislation, just as his cohorts did when they attained power sharing in Tas. The greens track record when in government was worse than when they were in opposition and we are suffering because of them now.

The Dunnalley fires revealed the truth about the greens, their approach and answers where horrific and it was the greens who handled the rebuilding of the school and other community buildings. They brought mobile classrooms from Victoria, which cost a fortune when there were builders here who were willing to provide them for less than half the cost. Then they built the school and community hall out of extremely flammable materials, claiming they were fire proof mud brick. But there was only one wall that was fire proof and that wall faces the opposite way to any fire threats, whilst the school will explode in the next fire as will most of the houses they rebuilt out of flammable materials. No lessons learnt and all down to the greens wonderful approach.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 31 Jan 2020, 07:21

Given the contradictions and many innacuracies in your claims there’s simply no point in attempting to discuss this with you.
“If you’d met him”? I still do so what’s your point?
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 08 Feb 2020, 06:42

HBS Guy wrote:

Until and unless I see Labor take a radical green view of things and dump the mining unions in queensland etc they won’t be getting my vote.
As to their absurd leader, you must be joking.
Although I do see myself of ‘on the left’ of center I firmly believe no single ideology has the answers we so desperately need at this critical point.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Previous

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market