December 2019 Australia's hottest ever month

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

December 2019 Australia's hottest ever month

Postby Squire » 09 Jan 2020, 22:33

Australia is being managed by morons who believe their lucky country bullshit will save their sorry arses.

There could be enduring long term consequences from the extended drought and the continuous bursts of high temperature.

More animals and trees will die.

It makes excessive immigration appear more insane than just the overloading of infrastructure.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/year-of-extremes-as-record-heat-fire-danger-and-dismal-rainfall-dominate-20200108-p53psq.html

... The week ending Christmas Eve was Australia's hottest week, with an average of 40.5 degrees.

The size of December's temperature leap was perhaps the standout statistic from 2019.

At 38.6 degrees on average, December's daytime temperatures were a full 4.15 degrees above the 1961-90 benchmark, beating a record set only a year earlier, by 1.74 degrees.

December maximums were the largest departure from the norm for any month the bureau has monitored, as were the mean temperatures – averaging out maximums and minimums – at an anomaly of 3.21 degrees.

Nullarbor station's 49.9 degrees last month set a new December record nationally.

"2019 was the extreme year in the sequence [of the past few hot years], but December was the sharp end of the extremes", Dr Braganza said.

Rain clouds were largely absent for the month, with a delayed northern monsoon contributing to Australia's driest December. Rainfall averaged just 15.42 millimetres. ...
Squire
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: December 2019 Australia's hottest ever month

Postby pinkeye » 09 Jan 2020, 22:39

I really do hope, and even think it is possible, that we do get droughtbreaking rain in the next 3 months.

It'll take that much rain alone..... a real wet season.... to make any impact.

My fingers are crossed that we have peaked.. and then be prepared .. for floods.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jan 2020, 14:10

Jennifer Marohasy has been shown to fabricate evidence.

She claimed Australia was hotter in the 1938/39 summer. Her evidence? A partial series of temperatures for Rutherglen. Well, she got taken down a peg or two, the liar!

https://tamino.wordpress.com/2020/01/06/bushfire-and-homophobia/
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 12 Jan 2020, 21:36

December 2019 gave us 3 days over 40 degree temp. This was a record, usually we only get one day over 40 deg.

I was thinking, you know how they have names for fires in past eg: Black Friday, Ash Wednesday, Black Saturday,
What are these fires between SA, Vic and NSW going to be called?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby SethBullock » 12 Jan 2020, 22:07

I wish I could give you our weather for a while. Cold, rainy with a possibility of snow Wednesday. :rain
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Lols » 12 Jan 2020, 22:24

SethBullock wrote:I wish I could give you our weather for a while. Cold, rainy with a possibility of snow Wednesday. :rain

And I would give it to the dryer(fryer) areas they need it most.
I’ve been thankful today, I sat outside and just looked at the green trees, the clear blue sky and clean air.
Thankful we had 2 days of gentle rain.
I feel less stress worrying about fires this week as a result. But only just this week.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 12 Jan 2020, 22:38

Yes it has been cooler here, with even some light rain over the last couple of days. Actually below average temps. Go figure.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market