Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Squire » 04 Jan 2020, 09:01

Responses to climate change are not addressing a major factor.

Population growth.

Most people consider population growth from a national rather than a global aspect.

But, it is not just population growth, it is social and economic evolution in third world countries which is increasing the demand for energy, land, and resources which imposes further pressure on the earth, the environment, and ecosystems.

It is arguable that the earth is already overpopulated, and therefore, doomed.

“If we cannot stabilize climate and we cannot stabilize population, there is not an ecosystem on Earth that we can save.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/population-growth-climate-change/

... “Population, global warming and consumption patterns are inextricably linked in their collective global environmental impact,” reports the Global Population and Environment Program at the non-profit Sierra Club. “As developing countries’ contribution to global emissions grows, population size and growth rates will become significant factors in magnifying the impacts of global warming.”

According to the Worldwatch Institute, a nonprofit environmental think tank, the overriding challenges facing our global civilization are to curtail climate change and slow population growth. “Success on these two fronts would make other challenges, such as reversing the deforestation of Earth, stabilizing water tables, and protecting plant and animal diversity, much more manageable,” reports the group. “If we cannot stabilize climate and we cannot stabilize population, there is not an ecosystem on Earth that we can save.”

Many population experts believe the answer lies in improving the health of women and children in developing nations. By reducing poverty and infant mortality, increasing women’s and girls’ access to basic human rights (health care, education, economic opportunity), educating women about birth control options and ensuring access to voluntary family planning services, women will choose to limit family size.
User avatar
Squire
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 10:35
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Chuck » 04 Jan 2020, 19:53

Squire wrote:Responses to climate change are not addressing a major factor.

Population growth.

Most people consider population growth from a national rather than a global aspect.

But, it is not just population growth, it is social and economic evolution in third world countries which is increasing the demand for energy, land, and resources which imposes further pressure on the earth, the environment, and ecosystems.

It is arguable that the earth is already overpopulated, and therefore, doomed.

“If we cannot stabilize climate and we cannot stabilize population, there is not an ecosystem on Earth that we can save.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/population-growth-climate-change/

... “Population, global warming and consumption patterns are inextricably linked in their collective global environmental impact,” reports the Global Population and Environment Program at the non-profit Sierra Club. “As developing countries’ contribution to global emissions grows, population size and growth rates will become significant factors in magnifying the impacts of global warming.”

According to the Worldwatch Institute, a nonprofit environmental think tank, the overriding challenges facing our global civilization are to curtail climate change and slow population growth. “Success on these two fronts would make other challenges, such as reversing the deforestation of Earth, stabilizing water tables, and protecting plant and animal diversity, much more manageable,” reports the group. “If we cannot stabilize climate and we cannot stabilize population, there is not an ecosystem on Earth that we can save.”

Many population experts believe the answer lies in improving the health of women and children in developing nations. By reducing poverty and infant mortality, increasing women’s and girls’ access to basic human rights (health care, education, economic opportunity), educating women about birth control options and ensuring access to voluntary family planning services, women will choose to limit family size.
I think many leaders are leaning towards the suggestion of the Club of Rome solution?

Let pestilence cull the worlds poorer people!

Or

Intentional warfare, as an excuse to eliminate most of the Worlds population.

Usually, it’s the poorer members of these society that are in the military and become disposable items.


The only other solution is to populate other planets.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Chuck » 04 Jan 2020, 20:03

I can see great advantages for frontline commanders, both from a military perspective and for society benefit.

In a confrontation the logical unit to be sent in initially, would be the homosexual unit as their losses has less impact on the ability to rebuild the population numbers.

Next the trannie unit should be to sent in to replace the homosexual losses as they are a cost burden on society because of their indecision on what sex they want to be. and maybe off no benefit in replacing losses.

Followed by a Lesbian unit as they can be used to rebuild the losses thru artificial insemination.

The whole aim is to protect the heterosexual unit until the situation gets so desperate that it maybe necessary to endanger their lives.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Squire » 05 Jan 2020, 00:21

Chuck wrote:I can see great advantages for frontline commanders, both from a military perspective and for society benefit.

In a confrontation the logical unit to be sent in initially, would be the homosexual unit as their losses has less impact on the ability to rebuild the population numbers.

Next the trannie unit should be to sent in to replace the homosexual losses as they are a cost burden on society because of their indecision on what sex they want to be. and maybe off no benefit in replacing losses.

Followed by a Lesbian unit as they can be used to rebuild the losses thru artificial insemination.

The whole aim is to protect the heterosexual unit until the situation gets so desperate that it maybe necessary to endanger their lives.

Chuck


Is Chuck professing expertise in homosexuality?
User avatar
Squire
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 10:35
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jan 2020, 02:00

who cares..?
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby DonDeeHippy » 05 Jan 2020, 06:03

I've meet many people that say we should reduce the population , as long as it's people they don't know... none want to cull their own family or friends.....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jan 2020, 10:38

Populating other planets will never happen.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jan 2020, 13:39

Not in a way that eases population pressure on Earth, nope.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55135
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jan 2020, 15:26

HBS Guy wrote:Not in a way that eases population pressure on Earth, nope.

Yes,.. but so you think we will partially colonise other worlds? :yak yak
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jan 2020, 15:50

DonDeeHippy wrote:I've meet many people that say we should reduce the population , as long as it's people they don't know... none want to cull their own family or friends.....


we could start with petticoat and chucky :bgrin
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby DonDeeHippy » 05 Jan 2020, 17:27

Bongalong wrote:Populating other planets will never happen.

yup and man will never fly (what was said just 110 years ago ) :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jan 2020, 18:20

I think we will. Not in my lifetime, couple hundred years who knows?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55135
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby DonDeeHippy » 05 Jan 2020, 18:33

HBS Guy wrote:I think we will. Not in my lifetime, couple hundred years who knows?

look at when Kennedy wanted to be first to the moon and the improvements that where made to do this, with the right leaders could be quicker, also Musk is putting a lot of effort into mars and has at least another 20-30 years of influence as he is still in his 40's... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Chuck » 05 Jan 2020, 21:02

Squire wrote:
Chuck wrote:I can see great advantages for frontline commanders, both from a military perspective and for society benefit.

In a confrontation the logical unit to be sent in initially, would be the homosexual unit as their losses has less impact on the ability to rebuild the population numbers.

Next the trannie unit should be to sent in to replace the homosexual losses as they are a cost burden on society because of their indecision on what sex they want to be. and maybe off no benefit in replacing losses.

Followed by a Lesbian unit as they can be used to rebuild the losses thru artificial insemination.

The whole aim is to protect the heterosexual unit until the situation gets so desperate that it maybe necessary to endanger their lives.

Chuck
Is Chuck professing expertise in homosexuality?
Simply good logic, by utilising certain group who can’t reproduce, initially!

Homosexual should considered it a privilege in sacrificing their lives, for the benefit of the rest of the community.

In the art of warfare: historically, captive women lives were spared, simply to ensure that battle losses could be replaced.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jan 2020, 21:16

Chuck wrote:Simply good logic, by utilising certain group who can’t reproduce, initially!




why would you send them first if the problem is over population?

yOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. iF YOU WANT TO REDUCE GLOBAL POPULATION, YOU SEND IN THE REPRODUCERS FIRST.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Chuck » 05 Jan 2020, 21:48

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Simply good logic, by utilising certain group who can’t reproduce, initially!




why would you send them first if the problem is over population?

yOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. iF YOU WANT TO REDUCE GLOBAL POPULATION, YOU SEND IN THE REPRODUCERS FIRST.
To complicated for U.

It was in the context of warfare - another poster mentioned as way to reduce the population.

Ur suggestion could possibly lead to extinction!

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jan 2020, 21:53

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Populating other planets will never happen.

yup and man will never fly (what was said just 110 years ago ) :purple

So how do you deal with different gravities? :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jan 2020, 21:56

HBS Guy wrote:I think we will. Not in my lifetime, couple hundred years who knows?

Partially, well yeh if we all win the lottery we may celebrate by sending a few on a suicide mission :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jan 2020, 21:57

DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I think we will. Not in my lifetime, couple hundred years who knows?

look at when Kennedy wanted to be first to the moon and the improvements that where made to do this, with the right leaders could be quicker, also Musk is putting a lot of effort into mars and has at least another 20-30 years of influence as he is still in his 40's... :purple

Lol, you think gravity is a joke don't ya mate :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jan 2020, 22:44

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Simply good logic, by utilising certain group who can’t reproduce, initially!




why would you send them first if the problem is over population?

yOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. iF YOU WANT TO REDUCE GLOBAL POPULATION, YOU SEND IN THE REPRODUCERS FIRST.
To complicated for U.

It was in the context of warfare - another poster mentioned as way to reduce the population.

Ur suggestion could possibly lead to extinction!

Chuck


no war will lead to extinction you fool.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Chuck » 06 Jan 2020, 21:12

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Simply good logic, by utilising certain group who can’t reproduce, initially!




why would you send them first if the problem is over population?

yOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. iF YOU WANT TO REDUCE GLOBAL POPULATION, YOU SEND IN THE REPRODUCERS FIRST.
To complicated for U.

It was in the context of warfare - another poster mentioned as way to reduce the population.

Ur suggestion could possibly lead to extinction!

Chuck


no war will lead to extinction you fool.
Do u kno the meaning of ‘POSSIBLY'.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jan 2020, 22:39

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Simply good logic, by utilising certain group who can’t reproduce, initially!




why would you send them first if the problem is over population?

yOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. iF YOU WANT TO REDUCE GLOBAL POPULATION, YOU SEND IN THE REPRODUCERS FIRST.
To complicated for U.

It was in the context of warfare - another poster mentioned as way to reduce the population.

Ur suggestion could possibly lead to extinction!

Chuck


no war will lead to extinction you fool.
Do u kno the meaning of ‘POSSIBLY'.

Chuck


yes, it's possible that you might one day post something worthwhile ... about as possible as a war that kills all mankind :smack
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jan 2020, 00:18

Lolololol...
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jan 2020, 00:38

The earth looks likely to take matters into her own hands.

Laugh like fools.. but be aware..

at least ,

that doom is staring you right in the face.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Climate change: Population is the elephant in the room

Postby Chuck » 07 Jan 2020, 10:24

johnsmith wrote:yes, it's possible that you might one day post something worthwhile ... about as possible as a war that kills all mankind :smack
I could have used the following word, but didn’t want to adle ur brain!

it's PROBABLE that you might one day post something worthwhile ... about as PROBABLE as a war that kills all mankind.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron