After the fires: The scorched blackened earth will fry

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

After the fires: The scorched blackened earth will fry

Postby Squire » 02 Jan 2020, 21:25

The earth will be blackened from the fire and the tree canopy and ground foliage will be gone and will not recover in the absence of rain.

The sun will fry the blackened soil and air temperatures will be even hotter than normal summer temperatures.

Wind will blow dust over Sydney and Brisbane.

If flooding rains ever come there will be landslips and mudslides plus huge amounts of topsoil washed away. Top soil may even end up in dams and reservoirs reducing capacity.
Squire
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: After the fires: The scorched blackened earth will fry

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Jan 2020, 21:33

Yup, the damage from the fires is nowhere near over yet!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 02 Jan 2020, 22:51

Food and water will become an issue, yes, even in the cities. The land cannot produce food, the stock are decimated…

the water is polluted from the fire detritus.

Times are changing quickly. Just a lot quicker than expected. This IS the beginning of the end people.

Just as an aside, I switched to SBS I think to see something , but then of a program which had Morgan Freeman talking to fundamentalists about Jesus etc. The Rapture.
What a compelling voice.

He concluded.. that all these people were waiting for something that had already arrived.. that this era IS the Apocalypse.

It's already here. He also said this word didn't necessarily mean the end of all things, but the beginning of new things . I haven't heard that one before.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Squire » 03 Jan 2020, 20:10

pinkeye wrote:Food and water will become an issue, yes, even in the cities. The land cannot produce food, the stock are decimated…

the water is polluted from the fire detritus.

Times are changing quickly. Just a lot quicker than expected. This IS the beginning of the end people.

Just as an aside, I switched to SBS I think to see something , but then of a program which had Morgan Freeman talking to fundamentalists about Jesus etc. The Rapture.
What a compelling voice.

He concluded.. that all these people were waiting for something that had already arrived.. that this era IS the Apocalypse.

It's already here. He also said this word didn't necessarily mean the end of all things, but the beginning of new things . I haven't heard that one before.

It is the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end.

The Australian land and environment has been raped by closet-pom-kind.
Squire
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2020, 22:39

YES. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market