Morrison negligent: Risk of more extreme fires mooted

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Re: Morrison negligent: Risk of more extreme fires mooted

Postby Chuck » 07 Jan 2020, 11:20

pinkeye wrote:
Chuck wrote:It could be argued that even the State's politicians ignored their own Fire Chiefs by not allocating extra funding for fire fighting aircraft.
To support my argument, WA State govt funded their own water bombing helicopter!

pinkeye wrote:Well they had to .. no federal government assistance... THEY recognised the pointlessness of asking for help from the Feds at that time, when cuts were operating.
The WA gov. we’re concerned about the welfare of their community, not like the Eastern States Premiers, who were prepared to endanger their communities lives simply for a handout and political gamesmanship.

The WA govt. deserve accolades for their leadership and derision for the Eastern State govt!

pinkeye wrote:...he ignored those people seeking to warn of of this. AND he had continued to ignore them right up until last Saturday. THEN he calls in the Army Reserve. Umm are they trained to fight fires.?
The military has been involved since Nov. The only sensible Premier was Vic D. Andrews and his request was too late to get a handle on the fire.

The reservists should also assist the police in patrolling area from looters.

Now is the time to force people on the dole to assist farmers in burning or burying the carcasses of dead animals.

From my comments u can see that I don’t favour any political party.!
But the community should kno to whom to apportion most of the blame.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby Squire » 07 Jan 2020, 12:28

DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:It would be by letter between Premier and Prime Marketer you dipshit!

so the prime minister has received letters from the state premiers and has ignored them ...dipshit ?? :purple

Guess so. We know he ignored letters from fire chiefs.

I'm sure he forwarded them to the premiers as it is their call not his, again we should just have 1 level of government so the blame can be levelled accordingly.

When the fires started did the premiers have a emergency meeting with the PM to discuss how the Feds can help ?
Has any premier actually said what they did to help and what assistance they have asked for ? :purple

Morrison was negligent. He is in the highest position of leadership in Australia but he failed to perform his duty to lead.

Morrison should be fired as should his deputy. The Liberal party needs a fire within to burn the undergrowth and the dead wood.
Squire
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Jan 2020, 13:51

Squire wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:It would be by letter between Premier and Prime Marketer you dipshit!

so the prime minister has received letters from the state premiers and has ignored them ...dipshit ?? :purple

I'm sure he forwarded them to the premiers as it is their call not his, again we should just have 1 level of government so the blame can be levelled accordingly.

When the fires started did the premiers have a emergency meeting with the PM to discuss how the Feds can help ?
Has any premier actually said what they did to help and what assistance they have asked for ? :purple

Morrison was negligent. He is in the highest position of leadership in Australia but he failed to perform his duty to lead.

Morrison should be fired as should his deputy. The Liberal party needs a fire within to burn the undergrowth and the dead wood.

Yep.

They need to go - NOW!
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Jan 2020, 14:35

Squire wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

yeah I'm all for that get rid of state government and let the feds take over.....
Or at least take emergency services away from the States and put it in Fed hands:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 07 Jan 2020, 16:07

Squire wrote:Morrison was negligent. He is in the highest position of leadership in Australia but he failed to perform his duty

In my example - insulation deaths - of trying to get the message across what are the responsibility of the State and Fed.

Would u go along with Rudd ultimately being negligent in his duty of care to prevent those deaths?

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2020, 17:36

DonDeeHippy wrote:I'm sure he forwarded them to the premiers as it is their call not his, again we should just have 1 level of government so the blame can be levelled accordingly.

there is no confusion in this case. scomo received a letter warning of what was coming, he ignored it. The fire chiefs wrote another letter practically begging for a meeting to discuss and to not ignore the warnings, they sent a low level office boy who could offer nothing, they couldn't even send a senior minister, then they cut the funding. Disgraceful
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2020, 17:42

Chuck wrote:
Squire wrote:Morrison was negligent. He is in the highest position of leadership in Australia but he failed to perform his duty

In my example - insulation deaths - of trying to get the message across what are the responsibility of the State and Fed.

Would u go along with Rudd ultimately being negligent in his duty of care to prevent those deaths?

Chuck

it's a completely different scenario.

Rudd released funding to be spent throughout many states. OH&S and building regulations are controlled by the states.
Every time the libs win a state govt. they cut the regulations making it easier for shonks to get trade licenses with less training both on the job and tertiary.... or, in some cases, even eliminating the need at all. There are no federal oh&S rules, nor is there a federal overseer. It's up to the states to make sure the trades do the work properly.

Scomo not only withheld funding, he cut it, so that the states could not do their jobs properly even if they wanted to.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 07 Jan 2020, 19:41

johnsmith wrote:it's a completely different scenario.

Rudd released funding to be spent throughout many states. OH&S and building regulations are controlled by the states.

Every time the libs win a state govt. they cut the regulations making it easier for shonks to get trade licenses with less training both on the job and tertiary.... or, in some cases, even eliminating the need at all. There are no federal oh&S rules, nor is there a federal overseer. It's up to the states to make sure the trades do the work properly.
Thank u for finally agreeing with me on the Rudd issue and acknowledging that it is a State responsibility!

Just to reiterate ur comments for other posters: "There are no federal oh&S rules, nor is there a federal overseer. It's up to the states to make sure the trades do the work properly."

It is the Parks and Wildlife Services responsibility in each State to carry out Hazard Reduction and not a Federal responsibility!

So it amounts to be the same scenario when it become a discussion on responsibility!

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2020, 19:57

Chuck wrote:It is the Parks and Wildlife Services responsibility in each State to carry out Hazard Reduction and not a Federal responsibility!

Parks and wildlife services are dependent, in part, on federal funding, you fool. Cut their funding when they tell you there is a catastrophe looming and you are asking for a disaster.

Lets see if you can work out the difference yet, I'm doubtful:

one (Rudd) released funding and left the states to do their thing

the other(scomo) cut funding thereby hamstringing the states at a time when they needed more help.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 07 Jan 2020, 21:56

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:It is the Parks and Wildlife Services responsibility in each State to carry out Hazard Reduction and not a Federal responsibility!

Parks and wildlife services are dependent, in part, on federal funding, you fool. Cut their funding when they tell you there is a catastrophe looming and you are asking for a disaster.

Lets see if you can work out the difference yet, I'm doubtful:

one (Rudd) released funding and left the states to do their thing

the other(scomo) cut funding thereby hamstringing the states at a time when they needed more help.
It never hamstringed WA. They weren’t prepared to endanger their community for political gamesmanship, once they became aware, that it changed from POSSIBLE to PROBABLE danger.

They took decisive actions and leased the fire bombing helicopter. This amounted to acknowledging the States responsibility and not quibble about funding.

As u mentioned part Federal funding and most State funding!

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Squire » 07 Jan 2020, 22:06

Chuck wrote:

Chuck

I blame Rudd for damaging Chuck's brain.
Squire
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jan 2020, 22:13

Chuck wrote:It never hamstringed WA.

you sure about that? Or are you once again proving you are absolutely clueless on every topic?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-07/bushfires-cause-stirling-ranges-biodiversity-to-be-devastated/11844516

what WA has going for it is it's large area and low population density. In some areas fires could burn for weeks and no one would bother.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 07 Jan 2020, 22:20

Squire wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Chuck
I blame Rudd for damaging Chuck's brain.
I'm like u, my impression of Rudd was that he was alway whinging like Gough!

In my case I’m trying to reason with thick heads on this website - most are sharp as a ball bearing.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jan 2020, 23:44

johnsmith wrote:

you sure about that? Or are you once again proving you are absolutely clueless on every topic?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-07/bushfires-cause-stirling-ranges-biodiversity-to-be-devastated/11844516

what WA has going for it is it's large area and low population density. In some areas fires could burn for weeks and no one would bother.

Yes.

Australia is lucky to be so sparsely populated... too bad it happened in holiday season eh?

Seriously..? Overall, the responsibility lies with the Federal Government. Ineffective is a kind word to use.
THEY are the over-arching governors... blaming the State Governments is just passing the buck.
Ultimately who runs this Country. Is it is the States, then lets FUCK OFF the FEDS.

Think of all those loser pollies we'd be rid of.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Jan 2020, 04:52

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Yes.

Australia is lucky to be so sparsely populated... too bad it happened in holiday season eh?

Seriously..? Overall, the responsibility lies with the Federal Government. Ineffective is a kind word to use.
THEY are the over-arching governors... blaming the State Governments is just passing the buck.
Ultimately who runs this Country. Is it is the States, then lets FUCK OFF the FEDS.

Think of all those loser pollies we'd be rid of.

So emergency services should be run by the Feds or get rid of state government all together :)
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jan 2020, 10:20

We could turn the states into administrative districts and have just local and federal governments. Think of all the politicians and State public service heads we would no longer have to pay!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Jan 2020, 10:53

yup and no more getting confused on who to blame in Disasters :)
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 08 Jan 2020, 16:04

It won’t happens! The States demanded these responsibilities and will insist on independent operations of these functions
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 08 Jan 2020, 17:12

HBS Guy wrote:We could turn the states into administrative districts and have just local and federal governments. Think of all the politicians and State public service heads we would no longer have to pay!

We should have state and regional governments only. Abolish the states altogether. They just allow for buck passing whilst feeding more pigs.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Jan 2020, 18:21

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:We could turn the states into administrative districts and have just local and federal governments. Think of all the politicians and State public service heads we would no longer have to pay!

We should have state and regional governments only. Abolish the states altogether. They just allow for buck passing whilst feeding more pigs.

Yup get rid of the states and no more blaming the feds for state jurisdiction :thumb :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Previous

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market