Tasmania

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Tasmania

Postby johnsmith » 16 Jun 2019, 11:37

Tasmania could be 95 per cent renewable energy self-sufficient by the end of the year once Cattle Hill Wind Farm is in full operation

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-16/not-all-hot-air-with-tasmanian-windfarm-plans/11209390

by the end of the year? Impressive
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Re: Tasmania

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Jun 2019, 12:17

Very interesting. Nearly all on the west coast (on on an island.) Wind and hydro can work together: excess wind power are night can be used to pump water back up into dams, ready to be released the next day when power demand is high.

If the Tassie govt and local govt got a bit switched on and not look on land owners solely as a short term source of revenue Tassie could really take off. High rates and land tax + cost to transport to the mainland could easily offset higher power costs to anyone bar aluminium smelters.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 16 Jun 2019, 12:53

HBS Guy wrote:Very interesting. Nearly all on the west coast (on on an island.) Wind and hydro can work together: excess wind power are night can be used to pump water back up into dams, ready to be released the next day when power demand is high.

If the Tassie govt and local govt got a bit switched on and not look on land owners solely as a short term source of revenue Tassie could really take off. High rates and land tax + cost to transport to the mainland could easily offset higher power costs to anyone bar aluminium smelters.

' ........ excess wind power are night can be used to pump water back up into dams, ready to be released the next day when power demand is high........'

Yes, I really like that idea.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Jun 2019, 13:23

The wind farms are on the NORTH coast, dunno how I typed “west. Mind you, the west coast gets pounded by westerlies so maybe some windfarms could be put there at some stage. Next year when I am there for 3 months I will drive and have a look at some of the bigger windfarms there (and buy some lovely cider from Brady’s Lookout cidery. Combine that with a visit to the Launceston Farmers Market maybe.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 16 Jun 2019, 16:06

HBS Guy wrote:Very interesting. Nearly all on the west coast (on on an island.) Wind and hydro can work together: excess wind power are night can be used to pump water back up into dams, ready to be released the next day when power demand is high.

Switched on, we like Tas as it is, just because idiots want to come here and change to place to become like the cesspool urban squalor they came from, they get the shits when they can get their own way.

We are self sufficient in energy, all renewable, it's only when our idiot politicians sent all our power to Aus and ran down our dam reserves, that we had to get diesel generators in. The majority of people here don't want wind farms, don't want the bass link cable, don't want to send our energy to Aus and don't want more idiots coming here to live.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Jun 2019, 20:19

Tassie has Bell Bay and not much else. A pathetically small population, should amalgamate with Victoria. That or wake up.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 17 Jun 2019, 10:07

HBS Guy wrote:Tassie has Bell Bay and not much else. A pathetically small population, should amalgamate with Victoria. That or wake up.

You'd last 5 minutes down here, before someone tells you to piss off back where you came from. Typical nutter from Aus, they want our lifestyle, but demand we change to what they are fleeing from, pathetic logic, but understandable.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 17 Jun 2019, 12:44

just need a bridge and be a real state, so Dax isn't confused thinking Australian's & Australia is a different country....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 17 Jun 2019, 18:38

DonDeeHippy wrote:just need a bridge and be a real state, so Dax isn't confused thinking Australian's & Australia is a different country....

No thinking about it, historically and geologically, Tas has never been part of Australia, it's a part of the Antarctic and Canada. Tasmania is politically and economically linked to Aus, we have a human genetic connection but have a different appreciation of life and how to live it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-08/ ... ca/6757774
Dax
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 17 Jun 2019, 19:39

Dax wrote: Tas has never been part of Australia, it's a part of the Antarctic and Canada.

Rubbish.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2019, 20:02

Geez only spent 4 weeks in Tassie, mostly working on my block. Made some friends there already and most share my opinion on state & local govt.

Does ax live in Tassie I wonder?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 18 Jun 2019, 09:58

HBS Guy wrote:Geez only spent 4 weeks in Tassie, mostly working on my block. Made some friends there already and most share my opinion on state & local govt.

Four weeks in one spot and you think you know everything about Tas, hilarious but typical ignorance and urban elitist attitude. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 18 Jun 2019, 11:30

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote: Tas has never been part of Australia, it's a part of the Antarctic and Canada.

Rubbish.

Yeah if you look at Hudson bay that is where Tasmania grew up before it settled below Aus....
Just ignore that big chunk of land missing between Vic and WA :rofl
A easy answer is never right.... Occam's Hammer...
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 18 Jun 2019, 11:31

Dax wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Geez only spent 4 weeks in Tassie, mostly working on my block. Made some friends there already and most share my opinion on state & local govt.

Four weeks in one spot and you think you know everything about Tas, hilarious but typical ignorance and urban elitist attitude. :rofl :rofl :rofl

you forgot he is a PC clone Dax... your slipping :stop
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 18 Jun 2019, 20:24

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Rubbish.

Yeah if you look at Hudson bay that is where Tasmania grew up before it settled below Aus....
Just ignore that big chunk of land missing between Vic and WA :rofl
A easy answer is never right.... Occam's Hammer...

that wasn't what i was talking about.

1.4 billion yrs ago there was no Tassie, no Canada and no Australia.

Tassie has always been a part of Australia. Whatever it may have been 1.4 billion yrs ago when it formed part of the area you now know as Canada, it was never Tasmania.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jun 2019, 21:12

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:

Does Dax live in Tassie I wonder?

Actually, what I said is not what Dax said I said.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 19 Jun 2019, 05:20

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:

Didn't forget, sometimes it's so obvious, no need to mention it, it speaks for itself.
Dax
Cheetah

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market