Thirty years from complete catastrophe

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Thirty years from complete catastrophe

Postby Dax » 05 Jun 2019, 07:13

"There is a high likelihood that human civilisation as we know it will come to an end by 2050.
That's according to a policy paper, Existential Climate-related security risk, which predicts more than half of world's population will face lethal heat conditions beyond the threshold of human survivability.
It says desertification could be severe in southern Africa, the southern Mediterranean, west Asia, the Middle East, inland Australia and across the south-western United States."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -2050.html

Considering they have got the timing wrong in all their predictions, they have it wrong now. My predictions according to the reality we see now, is the planet will be in that situation by 2031 and humans are beginning to see that reality starting to unfold now. What we are seeing now, they predicted to happen around the end of this century, not even a quarter of the way through it.

When you consider nothing has been done to mitigate the dramatic changes and individual humans do nothing, especially urban humans, it's not rocket science to see we are already in the end days of life as we know it and those days are very short.
Dax
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: Thirty years from complete catastrophe

Postby DonDeeHippy » 05 Jun 2019, 07:24

I don't think the world will totally collapse, but as things get worse, we will see more and more of industry changing their practices to greener methods, after all you cant make a buck off of dead people....
I look at china, they don't give a rat ass about anyone but themselves and are going to great lengths to clean up their land, it's not because of Greenies or the opposition. It's because they have too or all their people will be dead.
I wish human nature was better , I think the reality is that the buck will always be put first .:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 05 Jun 2019, 07:29

wot rot
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 05 Jun 2019, 09:34

DonDeeHippy wrote:I don't think the world will totally collapse, but as things get worse, we will see more and more of industry changing their practices to greener methods, after all you cant make a buck off of dead people....
I look at china, they don't give a rat ass about anyone but themselves and are going to great lengths to clean up their land, it's not because of Greenies or the opposition. It's because they have too or all their people will be dead.
I wish human nature was better , I think the reality is that the buck will always be put first .:purple

As human population continues to grow unabated, along with the use of fossil fuels and the insanity of burning wood and trash residue to create energy and now calling it biomass. There is no hope of a total collapse of human society being avoided by 2030, non one takes into consideration the collapse of the ecological system and food chains. They continue to take millions of tonnes of fish out of the sea and wonder why shark attacks are on the increase, when it is simple logic, you can't keep raping the seas and expect them to continue to provide the growing need for seafood's, without any effect.

It's the same on land, you can't continue to clear and poison the land and expect it to provide foods, when natures job is to clean the air and waters, humans do the opposite.

All ideologues are in denial and live in empty hope, the Chinese are no different, they are only trying to clean up their act to a small degree, as their population continues to grow rapidly, just like India, the rest of Asia, Africa Europe and the America's.

Western societies are killing themselves with their idiotic PC bullshit of bringing in morons and calling it humanitarian reasons. All that is doing is reducing western societies chances of surviving, ideological humanity will destroy itself, as the fantasy land deluded world they live in, doesn't exist in the real world.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Sprintcyclist » 05 Jun 2019, 10:03

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I don't think the world will totally collapse, but as things get worse, we will see more and more of industry changing their practices to greener methods, after all you cant make a buck off of dead people....

As human population continues to grow unabated, along with the use of fossil fuels and the insanity of burning wood and trash residue to create energy and now calling it biomass. There is no hope of a total collapse of human society being avoided by 2030, non one takes into consideration the collapse of the ecological system and food chains. They continue to take millions of tonnes of fish out of the sea and wonder why shark attacks are on the increase, when it is simple logic, you can't keep raping the seas and expect them to continue to provide the growing need for seafood's, without any effect.

It's the same on land, you can't continue to clear and poison the land and expect it to provide foods, when natures job is to clean the air and waters, humans do the opposite.

All ideologues are in denial and live in empty hope, the Chinese are no different, they are only trying to clean up their act to a small degree, as their population continues to grow rapidly, just like India, the rest of Asia, Africa Europe and the America's.

Western societies are killing themselves with their idiotic PC bullshit of bringing in morons and calling it humanitarian reasons. All that is doing is reducing western societies chances of surviving, ideological humanity will destroy itself, as the fantasy land deluded world they live in, doesn't exist in the real world.

yes
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jun 2019, 15:16

Dax wrote:"There is a high likelihood that human civilisation as we know it will come to an end by 2050.
That's according to a policy paper, Existential Climate-related security risk, which predicts more than half of world's population will face lethal heat conditions beyond the threshold of human survivability.
It says desertification could be severe in southern Africa, the southern Mediterranean, west Asia, the Middle East, inland Australia and across the south-western United States."

Considering they have got the timing wrong in all their predictions, they have it wrong now. My predictions according to the reality we see now, is the planet will be in that situation by 2031 and humans are beginning to see that reality starting to unfold now. What we are seeing now, they predicted to happen around the end of this century, not even a quarter of the way through it.

When you consider nothing has been done to mitigate the dramatic changes and individual humans do nothing, especially urban humans, it's not rocket science to see we are already in the end days of life as we know it and those days are very short.

http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/meant80n.uk.php

Jun 4, 2019 may prove an interesting development.... :rain
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jun 2019, 15:20

Sprintcyclist wrote:wot rot

You're overly simplistic: economies of scale exist and not even greed can grow exponentially!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jun 2019, 15:22

Dax wrote:"There is a high likelihood that human civilisation as we know it will come to an end by 2050.

You're too negative and therefore wrong. :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 06 Jun 2019, 05:17

Bongalong wrote:

You're too negative and therefore wrong. :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak

Hilarious, I'm a very positive person and unlike you, don't live in empty hope. It's those who are in denial of reality and trapped in ideological fantasy land that are negative, just take a look in the mirror and you'll see what I mean.

This linked article shows where the world is heading, it's not only climate change it's unbelievable waste, over population, over use of resources, growing insanity within communities as everyone begins to suffer from the huge amounts of chemicals and drugs they ingest from their junk processed foods and the drugs they have to take to counter the effects of their chemically saturated diets.

"India's largest rubbish pile is set to dwarf the 239ft Taj Mahal as it becomes a fetid symbol for the world's 'most polluted capital city'"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Mahal.html

It's not just India which has the problem of waste, but every country and it will only get worse. You can live in denial as much as you want, but the facts are all there for everyone to see, if you're game to step outside your little box of deluded denial.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jun 2019, 18:20

rubbish ... they've been predicting doomsday for centuries, we're still here

If there's one thing humans have proven is that they are highly adaptive when they needs to be. We occupy regions ranging from arctic to desert with everything in-between. Sure there are bound to be some major changes, but to call it the end of civilisation is pure hyperbole.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jun 2019, 18:46

9-11 was a wake up call: not everyone is happy with their living conditions... we should all take careful heed!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 08 Jun 2019, 10:05

It's the religious who have been predicting dooms day for thousands of years, now, it's the religious and other ideologues that are denying the viewable facts and the verifiable science. But as denial of reality is the hallmark of ideologues, what else can you expect and that's a good thing. When the shit hits the fan, the ideological world will still be in deep denial, unprepared and unable to respond in time before reality rolls over them.

In the past there were few humans, they were always prepared for the unknown and able to support themselves in food, shelter and clothing. Today, they all sit round on their obese bums unable to provide anything for themselves, have no survival skills or knowledge and completely rely upon a society which can't cope and an environment which is collapsing around them.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Jun 2019, 12:10

Dax wrote:It's the religious who have been predicting dooms day for thousands of years, now, it's the religious and other ideologues that are denying the viewable facts and the verifiable science. But as denial of reality is the hallmark of ideologues, what else can you expect and that's a good thing. When the shit hits the fan, the ideological world will still be in deep denial, unprepared and unable to respond in time before reality rolls over them.

In the past there were few humans, they were always prepared for the unknown and able to support themselves in food, shelter and clothing. Today, they all sit round on their obese bums unable to provide anything for themselves, have no survival skills or knowledge and completely rely upon a society which can't cope and an environment which is collapsing around them.

yup and there lots of "survivalists" like you out there that will take over if society collapses and we all can start again.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 08 Jun 2019, 12:23

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:It's the religious who have been predicting dooms day for thousands of years, now, it's the religious and other ideologues that are denying the viewable facts and the verifiable science. But as denial of reality is the hallmark of ideologues, what else can you expect and that's a good thing. When the shit hits the fan, the ideological world will still be in deep denial, unprepared and unable to respond in time before reality rolls over them.

yup and there lots of "survivalists" like you out there that will take over if society collapses and we all can start again.... :purple

I somehow don't think that chance will ever be taken!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 08 Jun 2019, 15:11

DonDeeHippy wrote:

Don't think there is anyone who has a monopoly on surviving and those who I know who have prepared, have no intention of taking over anything, I most certainty have none nor have any inclination to. If I wanted to be a leader, then would have entered politics, have money to do it but no interest whatsoever. Have enough trouble keeping myself together, tackling life and no interest is becoming a martyr.

Just like to sit back and watch the fireworks, leave the idiocy and egocentric stupidity to ideologues, there are enough to them forcing the issue to it's end game. Just look in a mirror and urban streets for proof of that.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 Jun 2019, 15:19

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Don't think there is anyone who has a monopoly on surviving and those who I know who have prepared, have no intention of taking over anything, I most certainty have none nor have any inclination to. If I wanted to be a leader, then would have entered politics, have money to do it but no interest whatsoever. Have enough trouble keeping myself together, tackling life and no interest is becoming a martyr.

Just like to sit back and watch the fireworks, leave the idiocy and egocentric stupidity to ideologues, there are enough to them forcing the issue to it's end game. Just look in a mirror and urban streets for proof of that.

If they are the only survivors then by default they will take over,
Yes we all need to look in that mirror Dax :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jun 2019, 16:51

Buy land in the Australian and NZ southern islands :roll :bgrin and if you can hold on, paying rates and taxes, you will profit handsomely from the boom starting to happen in Tas/Sth Island.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jun 2019, 15:27

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

If they are the only survivors then by default they will take over,
Yes we all need to look in that mirror Dax :purple

Leading by following (the play) ?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jun 2019, 15:29

HBS Guy wrote:Buy land in the Australian and NZ southern islands :roll :bgrin and if you can hold on, paying rates and taxes, you will profit handsomely from the boom starting to happen in Tas/Sth Island.

Yeh, my auntie/uncle lives in Tassie... something like that seems to be a popular opinion!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jun 2019, 17:05

Unfortunately the government and local councils there do all they can to deter new arrivals settling there. Crazy!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 16 Jun 2019, 06:47

HBS Guy wrote:Unfortunately the government and local councils there do all they can to deter new arrivals settling there. Crazy!

Not crazy at all, we are just trying to protect our island from the destruction caused by morons from Aus and their bizarre ways of life that destroy everything they come across. We have kept this island reasonably well compared to how they treat Aus and it's environment.

Looks like the evidence of my predictions are coming true, as science starts to catch up with the reality and beginning to realise they empty hope is not real at all. Only a few short years left before society will shut down permanently as climate change overruns the idiots of humanity, who do nothing but make out they want change but in reality they just continue down the same path of destruction waste and deteriorating health.

"Permafrost has begun thawing in the Canadian Arctic more than 70 years early because of climate change, according to new research.

A "series of anomalously warm summers” has dramatically accelerated melting rates at three sites despite average annual ground temperatures remaining low. Ponds and hillocks have formed as a result.

It had been thought that the permafrost - ground that remains frozen for at least two years - would remain until at least 2090.

But the study found thawing levels were above 150 to 240 per cent above historic levels. "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59056.html
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 16 Jun 2019, 14:52

It had been thought that the permafrost - ground that remains frozen for at least two years - would remain until at least 2090.
<<

What the fuck? :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 16 Jun 2019, 16:21

Just a couple of more years and life as you know it, will be in turmoil and extremely hard to cope with, climate wise, mental and physical health are already deteriorating within humans as chemical diets and rapid climate change stuffs their lives with confusion, anger, hopelessness and deep centred ideological fear takes over. The collapse of nature will see humanity unable to cope and my prediction of it all being over by 2030 for ideological humanity, is being backed up by medical and investigative science.

The claim of 30 years before it all happens, is wrong again, more like 5-10 years and we will also have a nuclear war very soon, within 5 years. When that happens the shit will really hit the fan and climate change will accelerate dramatically as a nuclear winter bears down on humanity.

Considering about 99.99% of humans have no survival skills in nature no ability to adapt,, innovate or cope psychologically, when you add withdrawals form their chemical diets as all the shuts will be shut as there will be am,lost not food. Why, because to support the number if humans on the planet in sustainable food, requires 3 times the capably of the entire earths land masses today. So it's supplemented by chemicals additives and enhancers, which gives the impression of being food, but is in fact a psychological and biological long term poison.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 21 Jun 2019, 08:46

"Himalayas environment change 'mind-boggling', leading scientist says"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-20/ ... a/11219992

This is another piece of evidence that the science is close to 100 years behind the reality.

"Cold War-era spy satellite images are showing scientists that glaciers on the Himalayas are now melting about twice as fast as they used to."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-20/ ... t/11226838

I feel they are even further behind than they claim, but they have to be conservative and not alarm the people with the actual facts. That way the people won't know the truth until it effects their live greatly.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 22 Jun 2019, 09:57

Bit more evidence time is up for humanity and not in 20-30-or 50 years, it's now.

Chennai is a city that has withstood the rise and fall of empires, but it now faces a grave existential crisis as it runs dry due to a severe water shortage, leaving millions in the lurch.

This week, taps ran dry as water levels in its four major reservoirs fell to one-hundredth of what they were this time last year, caused by a devastating drought

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-22/ ... y/11229084
Dax
Cheetah

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market