Coal exports

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Coal exports

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Nov 2018, 20:20

Economists are predicting Australia’s thermal coal exports to plummet faster than expected due to falling demand across Asia that appears permanent and irreversible.

A study by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) found Australia’s top four export markets — China, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea — were shifting rapidly to renewables.

The study found New South Wales, the source of nearly 70 per cent of thermal coal exports, should brace for disruption in energy markets.

IEEFA is a not-for-profit institute, funded through philanthropy, with a focus on green technologies and renewable energy.

An analysis of international data in the report found global demand for thermal coal would drop 28 per cent by 2025.

The decline will continue, and be 59 per cent by 2040, the report says.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-01/coal-report-warns-of-grim-future-for-australian-thermal-coal/10452456
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Coal exports

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 21:03

it's the same worldwide.

read something about the same predictions for the US just today.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Nov 2018, 21:13

Renewables cheaper than fossil fuels is why.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Texan » 03 Nov 2018, 14:21

A coworker of mine just spent about $6800 on solar panels and inverters. He has pretty much eliminated his electricity bill. He has 4800 s.f. of air conditioned space and a swimming pool pump running. The system will pay for itself in a little over 2 years. 4800 s.f. is 446 square meters. He has an air conditioned shop that is the same size as his house. RE is coming down in price and will now compete honestly with traditional energy.
Texan
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Nov 2018, 15:24

Yup, when I finally get to move to Tassie and build my strawbale house: solar panels and a windmill or two (not much sun in a Tassie winter!)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market