Electric Vehicals this week

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 13:32

That is why an EV tho costing more to buy will cost a lot less over the economic life of the vehicle.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 51943
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Bongalong » 23 May 2019, 14:04

HBS Guy wrote:That is why an EV tho costing more to buy will cost a lot less over the economic life of the vehicle.

Exactly, the rest of the trick is just making it user friendly- not to mention publically accepted- and that involves developing standard technologies that people understand as reliable! These things take time and Al Gore knew that as a simply experienced public servant of high office
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2019, 14:12

Bongalong wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:That is why an EV tho costing more to buy will cost a lot less over the economic life of the vehicle.

Exactly, the rest of the trick is just making it user friendly- not to mention publically accepted- and that involves developing standard technologies that people understand as reliable! These things take time and Al Gore knew that as a simply experienced public servant of high office

Even now the new EV's are user friendly, they have a inbuilt charger so all you need to do at the end of a day (or every few days if you don't drive much) is plug your car in and go to sleep for the night, never go to a gas station again. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Bongalong » 23 May 2019, 14:58

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:That is why an EV tho costing more to buy will cost a lot less over the economic life of the vehicle.

Exactly, the rest of the trick is just making it user friendly- not to mention publically accepted- and that involves developing standard technologies that people understand as reliable! These things take time and Al Gore knew that as a simply experienced public servant of high office

Even now the new EV's are user friendly, they have a inbuilt charger so all you need to do at the end of a day (or every few days if you don't drive much) is plug your car in and go to sleep for the night, never go to a gas station again. :purple

Yes, I agree.... standards have been developed BUT THEY DEVELOP MORE AND THAT IS WHY IT TOOK MOBILE PHONES SO LONG TO BECOME GARGANTUAN. It's the same model... :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2019, 15:05

Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:That is why an EV tho costing more to buy will cost a lot less over the economic life of the vehicle.

Exactly, the rest of the trick is just making it user friendly- not to mention publically accepted- and that involves developing standard technologies that people understand as reliable! These things take time and Al Gore knew that as a simply experienced public servant of high office

Even now the new EV's are user friendly, they have a inbuilt charger so all you need to do at the end of a day (or every few days if you don't drive much) is plug your car in and go to sleep for the night, never go to a gas station again. :purple

Yes, I agree.... standards have been developed BUT THEY DEVELOP MORE AND THAT IS WHY IT TOOK MOBILE PHONES SO LONG TO BECOME GARGANTUAN. It's the same model... :beer

Yes, I agree.... standards have been developed BUT THEY DEVELOP MORE AND THAT IS WHY IT TOOK MOBILE PHONES SO LONG TO BECOME GARGANTUAN. It's the same model... :beer


Yes, I agree.... standards have been developed BUT THEY DEVELOP MORE AND THAT IS WHY IT TOOK MOBILE PHONES SO LONG TO BECOME GARGANTUAN. It's the same model... :beer





Yes, I agree.... standards have been developed BUT THEY DEVELOP MORE AND THAT IS WHY IT TOOK MOBILE PHONES SO LONG TO BECOME GARGANTUAN. It's the same model... :beer

ot only took about 10 years for Mobil phones to go from the elite to everyone and about 20 years to replacing landlines. :purple













Yes, I agree.... standards have been developed BUT THEY DEVELOP MORE AND THAT IS WHY IT TOOK MOBILE PHONES SO LONG TO BECOME GARGANTUAN. It's the same model... :beer
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 May 2019, 08:12

https://insideevs.com/news/351297/u-s-e ... ing-chart/


It's A pretty Awsome Display, its a "live" picture so you will have to go to the link to see it :purple :) ;)
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 25 May 2019, 09:52

DonDeeHippy wrote:https://insideevs.com/news/351297/u-s-electric-car-sales-moving-chart/


It's A pretty Awsome Display, its a "live" picture so you will have to go to the link to see it :purple :) ;)


Of course that only includes the USA, which is not taking up EV's as fast as Europe or china. Whilst it is amazing at the growth, if you include the EU and china, you'd find it extraordinary and Aussie sit round twiddling their thumbs and no one of any significance is manufacturing them in this country yet. We sure have a progressive government and political system. :rofl :rofl :rofl
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 May 2019, 08:14

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://insideevs.com/news/351297/u-s-electric-car-sales-moving-chart/


It's A pretty Awsome Display, its a "live" picture so you will have to go to the link to see it :purple :) ;)


Of course that only includes the USA, which is not taking up EV's as fast as Europe or china. Whilst it is amazing at the growth, if you include the EU and china, you'd find it extraordinary and Aussie sit round twiddling their thumbs and no one of any significance is manufacturing them in this country yet. We sure have a progressive government and political system. :rofl :rofl :rofl

yes our government are far behind on EV's, no emission control either, then they have a gall to say we only produce a small amount of pollution to total world amount , yet per population we are in the top 10 of polluters….. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby HBS Guy » 26 May 2019, 08:39

And a Party that would move on AGW/EVs etc got trounced at the recent election, but they are all the same and us clones can’t tell the difference. What a load of horseshit!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 51943
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 26 May 2019, 09:22

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://insideevs.com/news/351297/u-s-electric-car-sales-moving-chart/


It's A pretty Awsome Display, its a "live" picture so you will have to go to the link to see it :purple :) ;)


Of course that only includes the USA, which is not taking up EV's as fast as Europe or china. Whilst it is amazing at the growth, if you include the EU and china, you'd find it extraordinary and Aussie sit round twiddling their thumbs and no one of any significance is manufacturing them in this country yet. We sure have a progressive government and political system. :rofl :rofl :rofl

yes our government are far behind on EV's, no emission control either, then they have a gall to say we only produce a small amount of pollution to total world amount , yet per population we are in the top 10 of polluters….. :purple


Per capita we are, but the pollies look at it from total CO2 emissions, that way they can claim we do less damage, when the truth is the opposite and the clones believe them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... _emissions
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 May 2019, 11:15

HBS Guy wrote:And a Party that would move on AGW/EVs etc got trounced at the recent election, but they are all the same and us clones can’t tell the difference. What a load of horseshit!

They only said they would try for less and no plans on how they would implement it.... So not really. The libs have still been doing a lot and they could do a lot more, I didn't see any good concrete plans from Labor though.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby HBS Guy » 26 May 2019, 11:24

They could have been clearer but they would act on AGW. The present mob won’t, ever. The greens won’t, ever. Lip service from the greens will be all.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 51943
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 May 2019, 11:30

HBS Guy wrote:They could have been clearer but they would act on AGW. The present mob won’t, ever. The greens won’t, ever. Lip service from the greens will be all.

What the Lib's are doing....
REDUCING EMISSIONS
Australia will meet its global emissions target (of 26% to 28% below 2005 levels by 2030).
We have an obligation to protect our environment for future generations. We must also ensure a strong economy, so the next generation can find jobs.
Our Climate Solutions Package will help achieve these objectives. Specific initiatives include:
A $2 billion Climate Solutions Fund. This will help farmers, small businesses and Indigenous communities reduce emissions, lower energy costs and improve the natural environment. This will build on the success of the Emissions Reduction Fund which has delivered 193 million tonnes of emissions reductions.
Constructing Snowy 2.0, which will be the world’s second largest pumped hydro renewable power station – providing 175 hours of storage – enough to power 500,000 homes.
Backing a second interconnector, to bring renewable power from Tasmania to the mainland. This will help Tasmania be the Battery of the Nation.
Developing a National Electric Vehicle Strategy to help the transition to new technology.
Helping households and businesses improve energy efficiency.
The Cleaner, Greener Local Communities initiative. This will support local communities to reduce emissions and improve air and water quality.
INVESTING IN RENEWABLE ENERGY
2017 saw investment in renewables in Australia increasing by 150%, to record levels.
Australia’s $11 billion investment last year in clean energy placed us seventh in the world (third on a per capita basis).
Last year was also the biggest ever year for rooftop solar installation. One in five Australians now has solar panels on their roof – one of the highest rates in the world.
Renewable energy will reach 23.5% of Australia’s electricity supply by 2020.
Snowy 2.0 and Tasmania’s Battery of the Nation project will help make renewables more reliable, providing 24/7 power to households and businesses.

SO hardly nothing, but as i Say they can do a lot more.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Bongalong » 26 May 2019, 13:43

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://insideevs.com/news/351297/u-s-electric-car-sales-moving-chart/


It's A pretty Awsome Display, its a "live" picture so you will have to go to the link to see it :purple :) ;)


Of course that only includes the USA, which is not taking up EV's as fast as Europe or china. Whilst it is amazing at the growth, if you include the EU and china, you'd find it extraordinary and Aussie sit round twiddling their thumbs and no one of any significance is manufacturing them in this country yet. We sure have a progressive government and political system. :rofl :rofl :rofl

yes our government are far behind on EV's, no emission control either, then they have a gall to say we only produce a small amount of pollution to total world amount , yet per population we are in the top 10 of polluters….. :purple


Per capita we are, but the pollies look at it from total CO2 emissions, that way they can claim we do less damage, when the truth is the opposite and the clones believe them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... _emissions

No one believes them... we all know we're a pariah of a country that gave its kids copper internet after a once in a century mining boom.

Everyone knows this country sold it's soul a long time ago!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 26 May 2019, 14:51

DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:They could have been clearer but they would act on AGW. The present mob won’t, ever. The greens won’t, ever. Lip service from the greens will be all.

What the Lib's are doing....
REDUCING EMISSIONS
Australia will meet its global emissions target (of 26% to 28% below 2005 levels by 2030).
We have an obligation to protect our environment for future generations. We must also ensure a strong economy, so the next generation can find jobs.
Our Climate Solutions Package will help achieve these objectives. Specific initiatives include:
A $2 billion Climate Solutions Fund. This will help farmers, small businesses and Indigenous communities reduce emissions, lower energy costs and improve the natural environment. This will build on the success of the Emissions Reduction Fund which has delivered 193 million tonnes of emissions reductions.
Constructing Snowy 2.0, which will be the world’s second largest pumped hydro renewable power station – providing 175 hours of storage – enough to power 500,000 homes.
Backing a second interconnector, to bring renewable power from Tasmania to the mainland. This will help Tasmania be the Battery of the Nation.
Developing a National Electric Vehicle Strategy to help the transition to new technology.
Helping households and businesses improve energy efficiency.
The Cleaner, Greener Local Communities initiative. This will support local communities to reduce emissions and improve air and water quality.
INVESTING IN RENEWABLE ENERGY
2017 saw investment in renewables in Australia increasing by 150%, to record levels.
Australia’s $11 billion investment last year in clean energy placed us seventh in the world (third on a per capita basis).
Last year was also the biggest ever year for rooftop solar installation. One in five Australians now has solar panels on their roof – one of the highest rates in the world.
Renewable energy will reach 23.5% of Australia’s electricity supply by 2020.
Snowy 2.0 and Tasmania’s Battery of the Nation project will help make renewables more reliable, providing 24/7 power to households and businesses.

SO hardly nothing, but as i Say they can do a lot more.... :purple


You have to have rain to run pump hydro and Tas will not be the battery of the country, our rainfall has been dropping steadily for the last decade and we will ot be supplying Aus in any meaningful way. The snowy dams are at less than half capacity, so how do you think they will cope when snow and rain fall is dropping every year. You have to think beyond today and look at least a decade ahead, but no one does that, just today and hope for the best.

Australian emission are growing each year, not reducing, the government lie about it all the time, but the science is real, compared to the propaganda of the the political parties and big business. here's a couple of links of many, which support what I say, the libs are pathological lairs and their entire lives revolve around lies lies and more lies. That reality is demonstrated in they all belief in a non existent god.

Love my Kona. the regenerative braking really make a huge difference much more than what thought it would. Going down one big hill, my range increased by more than 10klms and after my last drive to Hobart. just using regenerative braking, have been able to increase range quite a lot. I use it for all my braking now and the 3rd position brings it to a stop really quick, just have to get used to not pushing the brake and using the regen.

Have tried both the A/c and heating and they don't take a lot out of the batteries, which is interesting. Got all my windows tinted the other day and it looks really cool, going to look at wheel and tyre sizes to improve what is already really good handling and road holding and increase range.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Jun 2019, 08:39

Tesla's model 3 was opened for orders on Friday in Australia, $66,000 for the standard + and $89000 for the performance, being luxury cars they are about the same price as the BMW, Audi and merc equivalents...… hopefully they sell well, they are about the size of a Camry, just a lot nicer....
Unlike the other EV's being released they have a fast charging network from Brissy to Adelaide as well .
When they release the Standard model is should be about $60,000 the same asking price of the Hyundai Kona ,both have about the same range although the Kona isn't a luxury vehicle and a lot smaller...

Interesting times, maybe next year Nissan will release it's leaf with the same range and hopefully around the same price, competition is good.:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 03 Jun 2019, 09:15

DonDeeHippy wrote:Tesla's model 3 was opened for orders on Friday in Australia, $66,000 for the standard + and $89000 for the performance, being luxury cars they are about the same price as the BMW, Audi and merc equivalents...… hopefully they sell well, they are about the size of a Camry, just a lot nicer....
Unlike the other EV's being released they have a fast charging network from Brissy to Adelaide as well .
When they release the Standard model is should be about $60,000 the same asking price of the Hyundai Kona ,both have about the same range although the Kona isn't a luxury vehicle and a lot smaller...

Interesting times, maybe next year Nissan will release it's leaf with the same range and hopefully around the same price, competition is good.:purple


My osteopathic friend who has already ordered and has a deposit on a model 3, gets regular price updates and the price last time I talked to them, was $73000, plus on road costs, GST and import tax. Since then Aus dollar has dropped substantially, so the price would have gone up even more and you can bet it will be a lot higher when they finally get here. She has been told major right hand model production won't start until early next year, as the market is to small and they are flat out providing left hand models and going backwards with their orders.

In all real on road tests, carried out in Aus and Europe, have shown the the model 3, range is over exaggerated by more than 100klms, the only one that came close to their declared range, was the Kona, which I'm giving to my daughter as soon as my Rivian arrives next year. The kona is a lovely little car, which performs really well, but too small for me and from my experience so far, is worth the money. It's luxurious for it's size, but that's it as my dogs are a bit squashed in the back and have to put the rear seats down so they are comfortable. The reason decided to buy a kona, was because it was the only car that achieved their claimed range, unlike everyone else who seems to have exaggerated their range. Was looking at a jaguar, which is available now, but their range is pathetic for Aus and by the way, the kona can be charged from the telsa or any other charging point, or from a 240v single phase outlet which are everywhere, so there is no advantage there for them.

Tesla has the wood on performance and comfort that's for sure, but you can't use the performance legally in Aus, so it's a waste of time having it in my opinion, much better to have good ranges and not waste it on fast speeds and extreme acceleration. Have already blown away a few rev heads from the lights in Hobart, they look shocked when this little thing takes off like rocket and their big v8s or flashy souped up cars can't get anywhere near it. They have to break the speed limit to catch up and when they do, just give them a smile. Tomorrow getting the windows tinted, so they can't see in which will frustrate them even more.

I hope tesla gets their model 3 here as quick as possible, the more we have to choose form the better for us all n price and availability. You want to check out the price of second hand telsa's, they are all over $100000 in Aus and there are a lot for sale. This to me means they are either not that good, or people have money to burn. Only time will tell why that is.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Jun 2019, 10:38

well, no tests could of been made in Australia of the Tesla 3 range as there have been no tesla 3's in Australia, if the model3 is under the European range test than yes it will be 100km's under , the American government range of EV's is best and spot on.... Untill Friday the order page for the Tesla 3 was closed in Australia so the prices before that would of only been a guess, the $66000 and $89000 is the real price and you can order one right now..

And no only a Tesla can charge from a Tesla charger, but a Tesla can with the right adapter charge from any public charger, you Kona doesn't have a Tesla adapter and even if it did Hyundai have not entered a agreement with Tesla to charge at their spots even though Tesla has welcomed any other car manufactured to charge from their spots....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 03 Jun 2019, 11:44

DonDeeHippy wrote:well, no tests could of been made in Australia of the Tesla 3 range as there have been no tesla 3's in Australia, if the model3 is under the European range test than yes it will be 100km's under , the American government range of EV's is best and spot on.... Untill Friday the order page for the Tesla 3 was closed in Australia so the prices before that would of only been a guess, the $66000 and $89000 is the real price and you can order one right now..

And no only a Tesla can charge from a Tesla charger, but a Tesla can with the right adapter charge from any public charger, you Kona doesn't have a Tesla adapter and even if it did Hyundai have not entered a agreement with Tesla to charge at their spots even though Tesla has welcomed any other car manufactured to charge from their spots....


Charged the kona at the tesla charge point at Strahan village, just rang them up and they said fine, cost me $5. because it wasn't a telsa and they were happy to help as stayed there. Was going to us the Latrobe on , but where we stayed was cool as it was overnight and not many people would drive more then 400klms a day, so you can charge the kona anywhere overnight with just a 240v outlet.

My apologies, it was Australian testers who drove the model 3 in the USA, not Aus, but the European and american ones stand up and they are still catching on fire. But the fires are not just related to tesla, they are related to the battery chemistry they use and now there are better lifepo4 cells, they don't catch on fire, However they will probably overcome that hazard when they start using lithium graphene cells and not li-ion which is highly flammable. This link may interest you, as it gives a lot of information about the kona and others, like the Rivian which is what I will get next year.

https://electricrevs.com/2018/12/20/exc ... nt-design/
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Sprintcyclist » 03 Jun 2019, 14:33

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:They could have been clearer but they would act on AGW. The present mob won’t, ever. The greens won’t, ever. Lip service from the greens will be all.

What the Lib's are doing....
REDUCING EMISSIONS
Australia will meet its global emissions target (of 26% to 28% below 2005 levels by 2030).
We have an obligation to protect our environment for future generations. We must also ensure a strong economy, so the next generation can find jobs.
Our Climate Solutions Package will help achieve these objectives. Specific initiatives include:
A $2 billion Climate Solutions Fund. This will help farmers, small businesses and Indigenous communities reduce emissions, lower energy costs and improve the natural environment. This will build on the success of the Emissions Reduction Fund which has delivered 193 million tonnes of emissions reductions.
Constructing Snowy 2.0, which will be the world’s second largest pumped hydro renewable power station – providing 175 hours of storage – enough to power 500,000 homes.
Backing a second interconnector, to bring renewable power from Tasmania to the mainland. This will help Tasmania be the Battery of the Nation.
Developing a National Electric Vehicle Strategy to help the transition to new technology.
Helping households and businesses improve energy efficiency.
The Cleaner, Greener Local Communities initiative. This will support local communities to reduce emissions and improve air and water quality.
INVESTING IN RENEWABLE ENERGY
2017 saw investment in renewables in Australia increasing by 150%, to record levels.
Australia’s $11 billion investment last year in clean energy placed us seventh in the world (third on a per capita basis).
Last year was also the biggest ever year for rooftop solar installation. One in five Australians now has solar panels on their roof – one of the highest rates in the world.
Renewable energy will reach 23.5% of Australia’s electricity supply by 2020.
Snowy 2.0 and Tasmania’s Battery of the Nation project will help make renewables more reliable, providing 24/7 power to households and businesses.

SO hardly nothing, but as i Say they can do a lot more.... :purple


You have to have rain to run pump hydro and Tas will not be the battery of the country, our rainfall has been dropping steadily for the last decade and we will ot be supplying Aus in any meaningful way. The snowy dams are at less than half capacity, so how do you think they will cope when snow and rain fall is dropping every year. You have to think beyond today and look at least a decade ahead, but no one does that, just today and hope for the best.

Australian emission are growing each year, not reducing, the government lie about it all the time, but the science is real, compared to the propaganda of the the political parties and big business. here's a couple of links of many, which support what I say, the libs are pathological lairs and their entire lives revolve around lies lies and more lies. That reality is demonstrated in they all belief in a non existent god.

Love my Kona. the regenerative braking really make a huge difference much more than what thought it would. Going down one big hill, my range increased by more than 10klms and after my last drive to Hobart. just using regenerative braking, have been able to increase range quite a lot. I use it for all my braking now and the 3rd position brings it to a stop really quick, just have to get used to not pushing the brake and using the regen.

Have tried both the A/c and heating and they don't take a lot out of the batteries, which is interesting. Got all my windows tinted the other day and it looks really cool, going to look at wheel and tyre sizes to improve what is already really good handling and road holding and increase range.


That sounds great Dax, well done
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Jun 2019, 15:53

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:well, no tests could of been made in Australia of the Tesla 3 range as there have been no tesla 3's in Australia, if the model3 is under the European range test than yes it will be 100km's under , the American government range of EV's is best and spot on.... Untill Friday the order page for the Tesla 3 was closed in Australia so the prices before that would of only been a guess, the $66000 and $89000 is the real price and you can order one right now..

And no only a Tesla can charge from a Tesla charger, but a Tesla can with the right adapter charge from any public charger, you Kona doesn't have a Tesla adapter and even if it did Hyundai have not entered a agreement with Tesla to charge at their spots even though Tesla has welcomed any other car manufactured to charge from their spots....


Charged the kona at the tesla charge point at Strahan village, just rang them up and they said fine, cost me $5. because it wasn't a telsa and they were happy to help as stayed there. Was going to us the Latrobe on , but where we stayed was cool as it was overnight and not many people would drive more then 400klms a day, so you can charge the kona anywhere overnight with just a 240v outlet.

My apologies, it was Australian testers who drove the model 3 in the USA, not Aus, but the European and american ones stand up and they are still catching on fire. But the fires are not just related to tesla, they are related to the battery chemistry they use and now there are better lifepo4 cells, they don't catch on fire, However they will probably overcome that hazard when they start using lithium graphene cells and not li-ion which is highly flammable. This link may interest you, as it gives a lot of information about the kona and others, like the Rivian which is what I will get next year.

https://electricrevs.com/2018/12/20/exc ... nt-design/

Ok that’s only a business with a Tesla compatible charger and still a relatively slow charger, did you need a adaptor or did it have both standards ?. ,It’s not a Tesla owned supercharger.in the Tesla supercharger network....
No Tesla 3 has ever caught fire.... they use a differant battery and fire retardation system to the S and X :purple

Most reports I’ve read on model 3 owners have said they get higher range than advertised, like your saying with your
Kona
I noticed musk said Tesla will make a usd $50,000 f truck when it’s revealed later this year....a lot of Ute makers in the USA will be worried when they start making them... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Jun 2019, 16:55

“We don’t want it to be really expensive. I think it’s got to start at less than $50,000, it’s got to be like $49,000 starting price, maximum, ideally less. … It’s got to be something that’s affordable. There will be versions of the truck that are more expensive, but you’ve got to be able to get a really great truck for $49,000, or less.”
The Ford F-150 pickup truck, the top selling vehicle (of any category) in the US starts at a base list price of $28,155. Although, with popular options, the average selling price is $46,700, and it can sell for over $70,000 towards the high end. If Tesla can produce a compelling base variant of its pickup truck for $49,000, with the inherent running cost advantages of an electric powertrain, that’s going to compete well on overall economics with the average overall cost of an F-150. Ford sold over 900,000 F-150s in 2018.

Go team Tesla, so far Tesla have always delivered on what Elon says and it's usually better, his biggest "problem" if you can call it that is announcing to short timelines, but never has he announced anything less than what he has said.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 04 Jun 2019, 05:27

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:well, no tests could of been made in Australia of the Tesla 3 range as there have been no tesla 3's in Australia, if the model3 is under the European range test than yes it will be 100km's under , the American government range of EV's is best and spot on.... Untill Friday the order page for the Tesla 3 was closed in Australia so the prices before that would of only been a guess, the $66000 and $89000 is the real price and you can order one right now..

And no only a Tesla can charge from a Tesla charger, but a Tesla can with the right adapter charge from any public charger, you Kona doesn't have a Tesla adapter and even if it did Hyundai have not entered a agreement with Tesla to charge at their spots even though Tesla has welcomed any other car manufactured to charge from their spots....


Charged the kona at the tesla charge point at Strahan village, just rang them up and they said fine, cost me $5. because it wasn't a telsa and they were happy to help as stayed there. Was going to us the Latrobe on , but where we stayed was cool as it was overnight and not many people would drive more then 400klms a day, so you can charge the kona anywhere overnight with just a 240v outlet.

My apologies, it was Australian testers who drove the model 3 in the USA, not Aus, but the European and american ones stand up and they are still catching on fire. But the fires are not just related to tesla, they are related to the battery chemistry they use and now there are better lifepo4 cells, they don't catch on fire, However they will probably overcome that hazard when they start using lithium graphene cells and not li-ion which is highly flammable. This link may interest you, as it gives a lot of information about the kona and others, like the Rivian which is what I will get next year.

https://electricrevs.com/2018/12/20/exc ... nt-design/

Ok that’s only a business with a Tesla compatible charger and still a relatively slow charger, did you need a adaptor or did it have both standards ?. ,It’s not a Tesla owned supercharger.in the Tesla supercharger network....
No Tesla 3 has ever caught fire.... they use a differant battery and fire retardation system to the S and X :purple

Most reports I’ve read on model 3 owners have said they get higher range than advertised, like your saying with your
Kona
I noticed musk said Tesla will make a usd $50,000 f truck when it’s revealed later this year....a lot of Ute makers in the USA will be worried when they start making them... :purple


Strahan village is part of the tesla network that's how I found it, just plugged my kona fast charger in and it was charged before went to bed that night took about 3 hrs from a 115klm range to 450, although can't be sure as it was charged when I checked it after dinner. The Hyundai quoted a range of 450klms and so far that is accurate and less than what I figure as get used to driving it. I'm sure everyone with an Ev if they drive it properly and don't flog it, will get close to the range advertised and have nothing against Tesla, was in line for a model 3 and almost bought a second hand Model S, but wondered why so many are available second hand, when none have reached their supposed lifespan of over ten years. When the kona and Rivian arrived on the scene, researched the kona and claimed of the rivian. got a kona and telsa is having many problems and we are yet to see a model 3 in Aus. The thing is, there are many more fires in ICE vehicle crahes than EV's, but it's telsla that burst into flames without any form of collision and that's a worry for anyone.

After all, tesla is not a long experienced car manufacturer and from their own statement, they have heaps of problems, which could mean the model 3 right hand drive may be a long way off, it's yet to go into production, but there are many others that already provide right hand vehicles and over the next year or so, the market will be flooded with right hand drive evs. Then choice and cost will become a real issue. Musk also claims way back that the model S and X would be the same price in Aus, but they are not and second hand ones are heaps dearer than knona or other Ev's, so it will be interesting to see what the final figure for a model 3 will really be.

"Tesla engineers warn Model 3 batteries could catch fire"

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/2018/ ... catch-fire

This article is worth a read, gave me an idea of what the future may hold for tesla. Everyoe who has asked me about the kona when they realise it's an EV, U tell them to do a thorough research on what they want and every other EV avialable, dont get sucked in by the hype and propaganda manufacturers use. That's why went with the kona, available, good price for the luxury one, so far no problems and had my daughter in mind for when the Rivan comes along, of something better.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jun 2019, 07:27

As I said the right hand drive Model3 is already in production , the base model is $65,000 and orders started on Friday, it will take about 6 weeks for them to be boated over.
https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/model3

The Model S and X are so expensive in Australia because of the AUD to the USD and they get full import duty and luxury tax and shipping them here in low numbers isn't cheep, the Australian government give then no breaks. When you take that into account Tesla are not selling them here with more of a markup as Musky said... As far as them being expensive second-hand well that's a good thing for the Tesla owners, it means they are holding their value well.

also there is no Tesla supercharger Network in Tasmania yet, however there are some private companies that have Tesla compatible chargers, all are fairly slow chargers (lower than 20kw).Did they give you a adaptor to use it or did it have more than one adaptors on the charger ?

The Actual Tesla supercharger Network are 150kw chargers and can only be used with a Tesla Vehicles….

That article was written when there was only about 1000 Model 3's made and rely on what they supposedly heard from unnamed Tesla employee's... Since then there have been quite a few Engineering companies that have actually torn the Model 3's apart and have been amazed at how they worked out how to stop fires.....There have been 300,000 Model 3's built since then and not one has caught fire.....
The Tesla S has been built for the last 7 years and none so far have broken down and been abandoned there are a few written off ones from accidents.,,, im not sure what your saying about 10 years....There are Tesla cars now with 800,000km's and lots with over 300,000 and still going strong , the interiors and body work still looking new...
Any luxury car depreciates badly and the Tesla's are on top of the list's for the least depreciation and quickest times on Second-hand car lots.
Most Luxury car owners are a fickly lot and only keep a car for 3-4 years and move on to better pastures...
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/tesla/
If you look there are 110 second-hand Tesla's in Australia and some are 4-5 years old. According to carsales There have been over 2000 of them sold in Australia, that's not a high number of second-hand ones... So that's 95% of Tesla owners don't have their car up for sale....

When Tesla said they had troubles with the Model 3 that was trying to get production Numbers up, not the quality of the vehicle, Tesla Owners are the most satisfied of any car manufacturer, that wouldn't be true if the car's where no good.
As far as the fires, there hasn't been any reports on how they started yet so until then the jury is out.
GM in America has just had to recall 2,000,000 of its F-trucks because they where catching on fire while stationary, it's something to so with the fuel/motor heater for icy conditions, last year BMW had to recall their cars because they where catching fire while stationary... So far Tesla have never had to recall their vehicle's because of fire issue's...
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Electric Vehicals this week

Postby Dax » 04 Jun 2019, 09:15

Official Tesla site and the map of where tesla super chargers are and as it happens, tesla has a few in Tas and they are on the official tesla site and the super charger map. Just plugged into one of the charge points and they has a couple of adapters if it didn't fit, mine did.

https://www.finder.com.au/tesla-superchargers-map

https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/findus/list ... /Australia
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests