pikes peak conqured

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

pikes peak conqured

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Jun 2018, 08:49

https://electrek.co/2018/06/24/vw-all-electric-race-car-broke-more-records-pikes-peak-hill-climb/

It looks like the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak’s impressive results in the qualifying round of the famous hill climb race was not a fluke.
VW’s all-electric race car custom-built for the race just broke the overall record at the official Pikes Peak hill climb today.
All the times will become official tomorrow, but the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak did the climb in 7:57 – beating the previous record of 8:13 set by none other than Sébastien Loeb in a Peugeot 208 T16 back in 2013.
It’s impressive because VW was actually going for the record in the electric prototype class, which currently stands at 8:57.118 minutes, set in 2016 by New Zealand’s Rhys Millen.

They didn't mention how much faster than second place they where,

Its getting to the stage that ICE race cars will just be Harley's loud and look good but nothing u would want to compete with.
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Re: pikes peak conqured

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Jun 2018, 09:03

Yup, once a critical number of EVs are out there their acceleration will see lots more EVs sold.

I love all this talk of “EVs no good for Australia, too big a country” when 90% driving is just local commuting, work, shops, entertainment. Be good to see the end of those fucking SUVs!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market