Let us clean up pollution not worry about AGW

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Let us clean up pollution not worry about AGW

Postby HBS Guy » 25 May 2018, 20:27

Softheads say that, AGW deniers say that. They are wrong.

A lot of people think they are concerned about environment but are really only concerned with aesthetics, like stuff to look naice.

Those who can think a bit can see that we can both clean up the aesthetic, the environment and avoid or slow AGW:

Shutting down power plants that burn fossil fuels can almost immediately reduce the risk of premature birth in pregnant women living nearby, according to research published Tuesday.

Researchers scrutinized records of more than 57,000 births by mothers who lived close to eight coal- and oil-fired plants across California in the year before the facilities were shut down, and in the year after, when the air was cleaner.

The study, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, found that the rate of premature births dropped from 7 to 5.1 percent after the plants were shuttered, between 2001 and 2011. The most significant declines came among African American and Asian women. Preterm birth can be associated with lifelong health complications.

The results add fresh evidence to a robust body of research on the harmful effects of exposure to air pollution, especially in young children—even before they're born.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/22052018/air-pollution-coal-power-plants-oil-health-risks-premature-births-california
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Let us clean up pollution not worry about AGW

Postby abetterworld » 27 May 2018, 23:10

Why get caught up in an interminable debate about AGW, when there's no dispute about the harmful effects of air-pollution caused by burning coal?

We should abandon the fossil fuel industry ASAP, for this reason alone; if that results in a return to more normal weather patterns, so much the better.

However, I admit my chief areas of political and economic interest - ie, fixing the global trade and finance systems - draw me away from a serious consideration of AGW (with its interminable disputes) - but you have my blessing to pursue same!.
abetterworld
puppy

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 28 May 2018, 01:33

There is no REAL reason why we need to continue using fossil fuels. Our government seems to love the idea.!
It's like a safety blanket, keeping out the reality of new renewables and the fruition of old ideas.
AND , abetterworld, the global trade and finance systems are at the root of this 'stuck in the mire' attitude we see. Its scary to think about change.

I think they're afraid. our pollies.. here in Australia, of this change. Too short-sighted and too embedded in old tech to want to actually recognise the absolute dead certainty that COAL, is DEAD.
That Diesel, and Petroleum and Gas, are also OLD technology and past their usefulness. They are now harmful. Without any doubt about it.

I really do not understand why our government persists in it's attempts to foist past bad practice on today's world. To me, our government should be funding research and construction of all manner of renewable resources. The amount of potential for the creation of new 'things' is limitless, in concept, and JOBS would be massively increased when the workforce can be brought into production of this new technology.

IT really is a no-brainer.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 May 2018, 01:33

There is no REAL reason why we need to continue using fossil fuels. Our government seems to love the idea.!
It's like a safety blanket, keeping out the reality of new renewables and the fruition of old ideas.
AND , abetterworld, the global trade and finance systems are at the root of this 'stuck in the mire' attitude we see. Its scary to think about change.

I think they're afraid. our pollies.. here in Australia, of this change. Too short-sighted and too embedded in old tech to want to actually recognise the absolute dead certainty that COAL, is DEAD.
That Diesel, and Petroleum and Gas, are also OLD technology and past their usefulness. They are now harmful. Without any doubt about it.

I really do not understand why our government persists in it's attempts to foist past bad practice on today's world. To me, our government should be funding research and construction of all manner of renewable resources. The amount of potential for the creation of new 'things' is limitless, in concept, and JOBS would be massively increased when the workforce can be brought into production of this new technology.

IT really is a no-brainer.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 May 2018, 01:35

so yeah don't know how it came up twice. But... enjoy. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 28 May 2018, 03:53

We could also make electric cars. Not with the current mob of deadshits.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 28 May 2018, 08:26

abetterworld wrote:Why get caught up in an interminable debate about AGW, when there's no dispute about the harmful effects of air-pollution caused by burning coal?

We should abandon the fossil fuel industry ASAP, for this reason alone; if that results in a return to more normal weather patterns, so much the better.

I agree, that alone is reason enough to pursue the use of renewables. Even if global warming turned out to be false, we lose nothing by cleaning up the air. We have one of the highest rates of asthma on the planet.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 28 May 2018, 11:29

Yup. Gotta love Lees—did they do an autopsy on every person dying of respiratory disease? Nah, but it would have stated the cause on the death certificate and when you plot them on a map the cause is clear enough.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 May 2018, 18:18

Its a topic close to my heart
I get so annoyed when someone uses the anti AGW stance then it transferees to no pollution at all, I've even made a few threads in OzPol about it.
If the world is cooling or warming, the pollution and poisons fossil fuels are making are not disputed, but ignored if they can talk themselves into a Anti warm up stance.
They actually get mad if u bring it up and accuse u of changing subject hehe :stop

I think fossil fuels companies are very clever to make this about C02 and not the poisons they emit.
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 28 May 2018, 18:28

The CO2 does cause AGW tho.

But switching to renewable energy will give cheaper power and cleaner skies—and avoid AGW what’s not to like?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 28 May 2018, 19:00

DonDeeHippy wrote:I think fossil fuels companies are very clever to make this about C02 and not the poisons they emit.

I agree. Co2 is the last thing I'm concerned about in regards to what burning fossil fuels puts into our atmosphere. We're poisoning the planet
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 28 May 2018, 19:13

Poisoning and warming, yup.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market