Tesla has earned respect:

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Re: Tesla has earned respect:

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Mar 2018, 19:25

Ramping up of production is happening. Solar panels are appearing on the roof of his Nevada megafactory and so on.

These are developments that make me reasonably confident that, at a late stage and only after a weather–related disaster, we will get on top of AGW. Renewable energy is cheaper than coal! That fact alone, despite those trying, like Trump, to externalise the social costs of coal (just dump fly ash in a stream) will see emissions decrease.

With ever–increasing battery densities electric planes, semi-trailers etc become possible and the economics will see them supplant diesel trucks and conventional planes. There was discussion in comments in the article DRAH linked: cobalt, lithium are no longer in short supply, helping the move to electrical transport and freight.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 11 Mar 2018, 15:39

..as regards the discussion comments:

"robertscribbler / March 9, 2018
My opinion is that the model tends to wag a bit when new VIN batches are announced. However, it appears that there might have been a slow-down in production during February following a spike closer to 1,000 per week. This is pure speculation and cannot be confirmed currently one way or the other.

Stepping back, I’d say that it’s likely that we continue to see production surges and slow-downs as Tesla tries to refine the lines and the production process. We saw this with the X and I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the 3 ramp would be perfectly smooth. I provided a similar analysis in December.

Likely, they’ll start to surge again in the second half of March as Q1 end nears."

<<
The blogs author wrote the above... I think Elon Musk was looking towards an eventual goal of 10, 000 per week so an order of magnitude to go sounds very very possible!

Personally, I think the race has all but been won!!

I would be betting the revolution has been pencilled in for a number of years already so the rest is just advertisement by mouth.

Look at lees et al: he/they knows it's on like donkey kong!

! case closed: huzzzzzzzah I say :buddy :yahoo :beer :beer :beer :bike
MilesAway
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Mar 2018, 22:06

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-13/vw-secures-25-billion-battery-supplies-in-electric-car-surge

VW Just Gave Tesla a $25 Billion Battery Shock

Volkswagen AG secured 20 billion euros ($25 billion) in battery supplies to underpin an aggressive push into electric cars in the coming years, ramping up pressure on Tesla Inc. as it struggles with production issues for the mainstream Model 3.

The world’s largest carmaker will equip 16 factories to produce electric vehicles by the end of 2022, compared with three currently, Volkswagen said Tuesday in Berlin. The German manufacturer’s plans to build as many as 3 million of the cars a year by 2025 is backstopped by deals with suppliers including Samsung SDI Co., LG Chem Ltd. and Contemporary Amperex Technology Ltd. for batteries in Europe and China.

With the powerpack deliveries secured for its two biggest markets, a deal for North America will follow shortly, Volkswagen said. In total, the Wolfsburg-based automaker has said it plans to purchase about 50 billion euros in batteries as part of its electric-car push, which includes three new models in 2018 with dozens more following.

Elon has been extremely successful in prodding the Automakers into action
Kudo’s to him

https://robertscribbler.com/2018/03/13/why-are-so-many-powerful-noreasters-striking-new-england/#comments
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Mar 2018, 20:59

” Sustainable energy is “obviously really important” to the future of humanity, Musk said in a conversation with Jonathan Nolan, co-creator of the HBO show Westworld. Musk believes clean energy solutions have reached a point where they’re technologically viable, and distorted market conditions are the primary thing holding them back. “The core technologies are there with wind, solar, with batteries,” Musk said. “The fundamental problem is there’s an unpriced externality in the cost of CO2…The market economics work very well if things are priced correctly,” he continued. “But when things are not priced correctly and something that has a real cost has zero cost, then that’s where you get distortions in the market that inhibit the progress of other technologies….In the absence of a price, we sort of pretend that digging trillions of tons of fossil fuels from deep under the Earth and putting it into the atmosphere– we’re pretending that that has no probability of a bad outcome,” he said, adding that it’s up to people and their governments to make carbon pricing happen…. Musk pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone that there’s a chance humanity returns to the dark ages at some point in the future, which is what’s driving his work on sustainable energy and space travel….We want to make sure there’s enough of a seed of human civilization somewhere else to bring civilization back and, perhaps, shorten the length of the dark ages,” said Musk.
Hey humanity, Let’s go to Mars because we have things handled here, not to escape!

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/elon-musk-fossil-fuels-carbon-price-sxsw#gs.j2k6dMI
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 18 Mar 2018, 15:23

2 very interesting posts!

Nice!

:beer
MilesAway
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market